Kérastase Bain Densite

Kérastase Bain Densite

4.4

Aqua, Sodium laureth sulfate, coco glukoside, sodium cloride, glycerin, glycol disterate, cocamide MIPA, PPG5 ceteth 20, sodium benzoate, carbomer, saucylic acid, polysilicone 8,diethyllutiotidinate, hexyl cinnamal, arginne, glutamic acid, polyquaternium 16, linalool, citronellol, serine, alpha isomethyl ionone, hydroxypropyltrimonium, hydrolyzed wheat protein, isopropanolamine, aminomethyl propanol, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, parfum/fragance.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Despite the dreaded SLS in it, I like this shampoo: it makes my hair stronger, softer and gives it a healthy kick of volume. It also slightly reduces the amount of hair strands I count in the shower, compared to when I use a 'regular' shampoo. Surprisingly I experience zero frizz and tangling which is what usually happens when I use an SLS-containing product. Elegant bottle packaging looks good on my bathroom cupboard and the shampoo smells so nice too. I just wish they would improve the formulation, as it is I cannot use as often as I'd like and have to rotate with a more natural shampoo, otherwise I start to get an itchy scalp. Have tried the Densifique hair mask too which was just as good, if not better. Will try to do a write up for that later...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/20/2017 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For very oily hair, this is a must !
I am suffering from severe hair loss, so have very thin hair now yet very oily scalp.
This shampoo saved me from looking too flat and washing all the oil away yet leaves a glossy look.
It's expensive though

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really really love this shampoo. I've been using for years and I always repurchase. It gives you that kind of "full" hair, but with no residue and soft finish. I have tried others shampoos for volume ( icon, sebastian, rahua...) and this is the best so far.
it smells wonderful. The only problem for me is that it has sulfates and after some uses it dries my scalp, so I have to rotate with others.

on 5/24/2017 6:12:00 AM

I love it to use after the gym, my hair is dry, can frizz on 2nd day after blowing, and althought today there is a little frizz, - not as much. But I was actually told by a guy in our bar last night, my hair looked nice and he never gives out compliments!!

After using almost 3/4 of the bottle, I can say this shampoo works, it does make hair look and especially feel thicker, so no complaints in that department. Why the average score then? Because in the process, it made my hair drier, frizzier, and I have lots of flyaways. My hair doesn't look smooth and sleek even after flat ironing, it just looks like a dry mop! I spent days trying to figure out what the heck happened, until I put 2 and 2 together, and I read a review on another site where someone complained about the very same thing.

So I may still use the remaining product maybe once every 2 weeks, but now I have to focus on re-moisturizing my hair, because this look, with open cuticles, is not sexy at all lol.

It smells great, lathers well (it has SLS as a second ingredient), but it's just not for my hair type. As a matter of fact, I don't think I ever liked a Kerastase product.

on 4/1/2015 12:55:00 AM

This shampoo works like a miracle to give me volume and bounce. I have pretty dense hair naturally, but with years of coloring and heat styling, my strands have become thinner, which means less volume and more blah, limp, just hanging there hair days. I`ve started noticing results with this product from the very first wash: when I was rinsing the conditioner out I felt like I was literally holding on to more hair. Just to make sure it wasn`t a placebo effect I`ve asked my husband to take a look after blow drying and he was surprised and asked me if I`ve added extensions. It lathers nicely and smells heavenly. That fragrance has actually stayed in my hair for a few days now. Pricey, but then I`ve tried so many other shampoos that haven`t done anything, that I am willing to shell out my hard earned cash for this.

I have long used Kerastase, but never really fell in love with the shampoos - Bain Satin 2 was ok and the Nutrithermique a bit better. My hair is in good shape, thick and long. I like volume and decided to give the Bain Densifique a go. I am blown away. It gives the hair a thickness, and volume while making it dense. It is really an improvement on the traditional volumising shampoos - think density as opposed to volume. I purchased a second bottle and the masque (check review for that if you are interested) at lookfantastic.com - first purchase and it went really well. For those in New Zealand it may be a good option for affordable Kerastase. If you are looking for more hair density, give this a go!

Popular Shampoos