Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is a God send!! I battle hard well water and most clarifying shampoos just wreck my hair. Sometimes the buildup in my hair makes it rock hard when it is wet. I tried this, lathered it, and left it on for 5 minutes. My hair had a change of life. Nothing to weigh it down and it did not strip my hair. Whatsoever. I absolutely love this!!

on 1/21/2017 10:41:00 PM

This is a great deep cleaning shampoo. It has a creamy texture, with a pearl color. It has a sort of creamsicle scent, which I enjoy! This washes clean, and makes my hair feel so clean, and glossy. I don't find this at all drying, but I also use great moisturizing conditioners religiously on my uber long, think, dry and brittle, wavy hair. I love how my hair feels using this. I also find great deals on this at Ulta, when they do the jumbo bottles for $15.

on 11/10/2016 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Miracle in a bottle? Maybe! I've incredibly thick, frizzy hair that after years of straightening and putting up into a bun or ponytail has become lifeless. So a month ago I decided to give the salon at Ulta a go. The stylist said that my hair isn't as damaged as I thought, but that I did have a lot of buildup in my hair. After the haircut I immediately purchased the shampoo on her recommendation because my hair felt AMAZING. This stuff definitely works!!! Not only does my hair feel incredibly soft and flexible for days after I use it, but my scalp looks clean and feels that way too! She was totally right about me having too much buildup in my hair; I used to have to clean my hairbrushes at least once a week because of all the gunk that would gather, but I swear since I started using this I barely have to wash them anymore! I used to have times where I would take a shower and still be left with a film of grease on my scalp. Thought I needed a new shampoo, but I guess what I really needed was a good deep cleanse from a product like this. I wash my hair every 3-4 days and alternate between using this and my regular shampoo. I'm really enjoying it!

on 7/11/2016 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For my fine, straight black hair, it does a great job however I find that it cleans so well that my scalp gets oily quicker.

I've actually have been trying to skip washing my hair everyday to train it to stop getting oily so quickly because second day hair with dry shampoo is amazing and saves me so much time in the morning! I was super successful when I used Shea moistures volumizing for flat hairshampoo but lost my progress when I started using this lol.

Anyhoo, this shampoo is great and I got the jumbo size dirt cheap at ulta during a hair sale so it's not a total loss. Instead of cleansing my scalp with it, I'll probably use it to clean the dirty hair from the nape of my neck to my ends after conditioning. Previously I would've used the clarifying shampoo from suave (blue bottle) but this one uses much less for a deep clean!

on 6/6/2016 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thanks to the Hair Care Board, I bought this and I now understand why it is such a favorite!
For reference, I have long thick hair that is heavily highlighted, is dry, wavy and coarse. I use this every 3 weeks to get rid if buildup . It is not drying - in fact I feel its more moisturizing that other so called moisturizing shampoos. Having said that I don't think it can be used too frequently - after all it is a clarifying shampoo and has it's place in the shower.
It's my HG for clarifying shampoo. I don't need to look further if I already found the best. Will definitely repurchase.
Thank you HCB!

on 3/22/2016 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product was my saviour last summer! After a visit at the hairdresser, doing both highlights and color (I have light blond hair), my hair was so nice and the color was amazing, though I did the mistake to run Color Run a few days after with some friends. My hair was filled of colors after the run, mostly green, and after shampooing my hair 10 times when I got home, it was still green.

I ran to the closest hair salon and she recommended me this shampoo, but told me that I should be a bit careful with it because it's pretty strong. I ran home and shampooed my hair, left it my hair for 10 mins, did the same thing again and again until I dared to get out of the shower. After blow drying I could see how much of the green that had disappeard. Absolutely, I still had a green tone but it really did wonders! The smell is amazing and it is very lasting. I still use it time to time to refresh and get all of the styling products out of my hair. After use it can feel a bit dry due to the deep cleansing effect, but with a good treatment after the hair is like new!

I recommend this product for everyone that needs to "detox" their hair time to time and to remove impurities and styling producs that may be hard to remove completely. You are going to love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great to get rid of product residue and smells great (light citrus scent). I use it weekly.

on 3/1/2016 10:09:00 PM

I have healthy color treated hair that I felt needed a cleanse to remove access build up. I have used redken's products before no problem. This is horrible. I used it twice, a week and a bit apart and my scalp is so dry and got incredibly itchy. I am having to now use tea tree oil to calm it down. I typically use the purology shampoo and conditioner. This stupid shampoo would be the only cause to my scalp being in this condition. Not happy, and will be returning....

on 2/16/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Oh wow I'm really impressed. I bought this during a sale for my husband who has oilier hair than I do. I have dry, color treated hair so I didn't expect to use it. But I get build up so I figured I would try it. Even though I do notice possibly a bit more fading when I use this, my hair fades quickly anyway and it's absolutely worth the extra cleansing once in a while. I don't feel it's super drying although I could see how it would be if I used it all the time with my hair texture. If I remember correctly, it doesn't have a strong smell but occasionally when I am using it, I get a glimse of citrus scent. I wish I had more to say but really that's it, this stuff is great for clarifying gently!

Update: I did notice a change in dryness. I had been using this a lot to fade my color but my hair got more brittle so I have to stick to using this less often, like super rarely when I need some scalp cleansing or after a vinegar rinse. Works on my husbands oilier hair though he said he would try something else next time. It's going to take us a loooong time to finish it since I bought a liter and have many other liters as well.

on 11/5/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have extremely fine, naturally dark blonde, highlighted, collar bone length hair. I thought this shampoo would provide a deep clean resulting in better-looking hair overall. While it DID seem to provide a great clarifying clean, I didn't like how my hair looked after I blowdried it (even though I followed up w/Redken All Soft conditioner). As other reviewers have stated, my hair seemed awfully tangly after using this product. My styled hair had no volume whatsoever and looked fly-away & stringy. I've never had that happen with a clarifying shampoo before. I'll keep this on hand to use when I want to get the accumulated crud from styling products out of my hair, but not on days when I want to look my best!