4.5

$11.70 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

Wow! This shampoo really removes product build-up and gets hair back to “normal”. I use a lot of redken’s anti-frizz and anti-snap/strengthening products but my hair is fine so I need to make sure my hair gets a thorough cleansing from time to time or else it will start looking flat and needs to be washed more often. This shampoo really makes hair “squeaky” clean and lathers up nice, I let it sit in my hair for a few minutes to allow it to work on my scalp as well as this (and Redken’s extreme strengthening shampoo as well) has been keeping my itchy scalp issue under control. I feel this is a must-have if you use a lot of product and need to make sure it all gets washed out from time to time.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Being that I am a hairdresser, I have used quite a few "clarifying" shampoos, and this is one of my favorites. This product is great for oily scalp buildup, or for people that use a lot of hair products. Deep cleansing shampoos shouldn't be used every single time you wash your hair unless your only washing your hair once a week, and if it's dry you still need to alternate it with a moisturizerising shampoo. Love the scent to me it smells a bit lemony but not overpowering.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

from

2 years ago

Holy Grail! This shampoo is a miracle worked. My hair is straight, blonde but getting ashier as I get older so I get highlights. I've been using sulphate free shampoos most of the time and I just do not like them, but I do want to keep my highlights from prematurely fading so I use them. We also have extremely hard water in our area. I do my final rinse under filtered water(which is only cold water) but still, my hair just never looks like it does when at our previous home where the water was softer. When I got this and used it the first time I was blown away. My hair once again felt like hair, shiny, silky, bouncy and not weighted down. It also smells very nice and did not dry my hair out like most clarifying shampoos do. I now use it about every 3rd time I shampoo. Ulta had buy 2 get one free so I got 2 of those and a bottle of Magnetics conditioner since I was almost out of the conditioner. Beware if you order online, because they sent me Clean Maniac instead and I had to go down to the ULTA store and exchange it.

About reviewer (781 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I consider this the mildest but equally effective clarifying shampoo I've used to date. Smells clean and fresh and does get rid of build up but doesn't make your hair feel stripped. Sometimes I do like shampoos like Neutrogena Clarifying that feels like it is stripping your hair of EVERYTHING but I find I can only use those once every other week or so. I color my hair so have to typically use more gentle products so this one I like because I can rotate frequently with my other more gentle shampoos. Nice product and I recommend you buy during Ulta's liter size shampoo sale = it's about half price then.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

This is the best shampoo ever! This is the only shampoo that gets rid of the styling product buildup and doesn't dry my hair out. I can't find any other product like it. It smells good too!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

2 years ago

Very nice and pleasant shampoo. Can't say I could detect a miraculous effect, yet the hair feels nice and soft after using it. I was afraid that the cleanser might strip the hair off all the oils alongside with the dirt and build up, or that it would leave the hair greasy as it is a cream. Yet none of the fears were confirmed. Only positive experience so far.

About reviewer (409 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This is excellent! I had nearly given up on Redken after buying a few dud products, but decided to give this a try. I had been using a couple sulphate-free shampoos for awhile and my hair wasn't looking good, it was limp and weighed down (I think sulphate-free shampoos are overrated, my hair is in no better condition after using them). So I desperately needed something to really cleanse my hair--and this was perfect! Made my hair feel like hair again, clean and full of body and bounce.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

If you use styling products and notice your hair is stiff, frizzy with greasy roots and dry ends but notice that your hair is always softer after a salon visit, you probably need this cleansing cream in your life. I don't care what other people say about cheaper substitutions from other brands, there is no substitute. Smells like orange sherbet candy.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I love the smell and texture of this shampoo. It makes my hair squeaky clean, which I like once a week. I wash my hair every day and use this once a week to really make it shiny and totally clean. I wish it wasn't so expensive but it's good for a special event where I need my hair to look flawless all day.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

The first time I bought this product and used it I didn't understand the hype. I left it in my hair for about a minute and then rinsed it out. My hair didn't feel much different and I was unimpressed. A couple years later I decided to try it again. This time I actually read the back of the bottle and left it in my hair for 5 minutes like the instructions say. Totally different results. In the shower my hair felt very clean, but not tangly and unmanageable. Before using this shampoo my hair was feeling very weighed down and it was looking sort of greasy and flat even right after washing. After using this my hair feels much cleaner and has more volume. My hair did feel a bit dry after using this, but I used some leave in oil and it fixed that issue. I think I'll use this every couple of weeks. Every week seems like it would be too harsh on my hair.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29