mystic tan

mystic tan

3.6

on 8/10/2017 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used Mystic Tan when it first came out - and aaside form the "barrier cream" and holding yor breath for a long time it was OK, Not worth the price but for a quick fix - and thankfully not too orange - it worked. I am not an addict to this but have done it from time to time. There are at-home products with better color and when you apply it yourself you have more control (Wear gloves!).

on 8/10/2017 7:42:00 AM

Ive gotten memberships at my local spa several times to just end up canceling them a month later. I went to the machine to get sprayed. It does a nice even job but be prepared to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day as you feel tacky and the smell is horrible. Maintenance is very high as it only lasts 4 days before it gets patchy. Trying to exfoliate it off is another demon itself. Make sure you do not sweat or get any water on your skin after going to get sprayed. I walked to my car when it was lightly sprinkling after my appointment ans you could literally see where every rain drop hit me when it dried. It does rub and transfer to clothes even after it is dry. Most of my bras are ruined along with my white shorts. Id rather just go the cheaper route and use an at home tanning lotion. The color medium and light are amazing though. Do not do dark, it looks way too fake

on 6/30/2016 4:48:00 PM

I love the mystic tan. You walk in pale and in 4-6 hours you have a nice natural looking tan. Just make sure you use the cream to put on your hands and feet...the more you use the better! It keeps your hands and feet from taking in too much color and looking dirty. Here you can get a month membership for $55. They also have a versa but I haven't tried it. If you are thinking about trying the Mystic go ahead and give it a go..you'll end up loving it!!

on 4/4/2016 9:56:00 PM

Mystic tans always come out looking kinda weird and unnatural. You can see it fading away in patches. Versa spray tan is much better and more natural looking.

on 3/24/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not worth it. My friend got a dark shade for her senior prom and was completely orange, talk about a bad time to look terrible. Definitely would pick another brand over the mystic tan.

on 2/17/2016 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received my first spray tan (by tanning machine, not the self Mystic tan you can do yourself) a week ago because I was curious and wanted some color. Overall, I love it! I am pale and chose the lightest shade (Light) with a triple dose of Sun-kyssed that had red undertones. I am naturally very cool-toned and when I tan, I have red undertones so I felt this would be best. The salon employee showed me how to stand in the booth and a virtual woman walks you through the process. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes!
The only advice I would strongly recommend is to put a TON of barrier cream all over your hands and feet. Put so much & don't rub it in- trust me! I put a ton and my hands and feet did not turn orange. I made sure to blend the tanner onto my ankles and wrists when I was done tanning. The tan dried quickly and I was able to put back on my clothes in a couple of minutes.
I went to bed and showered the next morning (roughly 10 hours later). The barrier color washed off a little in the shower and I pat dried myself to reveal a beautiful tan! I darkened a good 3 shades darker just by using the lightest shade possible! Make sure to moisturize once a day to preserve your tan. Overall, the tan lasted me a solid 5 days before lightly fading. I am planning on getting a membership to continue doing it, that's how well it worked out for me. Make sure to exfoliate the S*** out of yourself before going into the booth!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted a little color for my vacation I intended to spend on the beach. My skin doesn't take a lot of sun. I'm fair skinned and I burn easily, not to mention that skin conditions run in the family. I didn't want to take the risk! I'd done the self tanning lotions with not so great results (orange streaks and stained hands) so I wanted to try a professional self tan. I'm glad I did! Mystic tan was great!

For any Ottawa ladies (or gents) out there, I went to Acapulco Beach (http://www.acapulcobeach.ca/). The atmosphere was friendly, the service was great. The staff addressed my concerns and answered questions. The results were excellent! If you're sun shy, like me, but you still like the look of a tan, take yourself to a salon and get mystic tan!

on 12/27/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried every self tanner under the sun :) I am allergic to sulfites so a lot of them make me itchy (st tropez) but it's still worth it to be bronzed. I never go out in the sun without sunblock so I depend on sunless to give me a little color. I used the mystic for a long time and stopped because the closest one to my old house was just too far and now I live really close to one! So i started again. For me, I load on that barrier cream on my hands, palms, bottom and tops of my feet.. When the tanning is over I use baby wipes to take off the cream and then I kind of buff some of the left over tan from my arms onto my hands and from my legs onto my feet to give them a little color. It works really well for me and I don't think it looks like I spray tan. I use the Light version of the mystic. These are expensive but the unlimited is an okay value. I don't think they smell at all and I haven't seen it transfer to my sheets!

on 12/4/2013 8:44:00 PM

With a health condition that leaves me unable to be in the heat, it's practically impossible for me to get a tan. I am very pale and I wanted to have some color for my prom, so I went the Mystic Tan route. (I would of preferred to have someone spray me, but being from a small town, I couldn't find anyone who does them.) I used tons of buffing cream, after hearing horror stories, and the young, ditzy girls at the salon told me to go with shade Light, so I did. I didn't notice a difference until the next day when my hands and feet were orange and muddy looking. The tan was uneven. I was told I could go back for 2 more sessions, but with only days left before my prom I was hesitant and decided against it. I ended up exfoliating several times and scrubbing off what I could of the tan and my makeup artist did a really good job with bronzer!

What a load of old ****. Im shocked at just how bad this is. Never again. Such an uneven result and I followed the instructions exactly. Next time i will make sure i do it myself with my tanning products and mitt and save a hell of a lot of money too! Luckily I have a day to sort myself out (remove this crap, before my ball).