Fake Bake Flawless Self-Tan Liquid

Fake Bake Flawless Self-Tan Liquid

4.2

Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol 40-B, Dihydroxyacetone, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Erythrulose, Tetrasodiuim EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (Ci 16035), Coumarin.

on 9/15/2018 12:34:00 AM

Hi! Im asian and pale, and been using self tanner for about 6 months.
About this product:
-package: like it, mitt and gloves included. U need to wash the mitt after every use and it stays good.
-smell: tropical coconut I think. I don’t like it but it’s still ok.
-application: I spray it directly on my skin and then work it w the mitt. It dries fast, so fast that u have to b quick in blending it onto ur skin to avoid streaks. It leaves ur skin dry and a little guide color on my bed sheets. But they all come off after a wash. Be careful keep urself away from water and sweat after u apply it because this streaks like crazy.
-color: my skin appears so dark and amazing after I apply the tanner. I find the color super natural and it seems to have a red tone. Maybe that’s why ur skin doesn’t look orange. Ok here is the disappointing part... I leave the tanner on my skin overnight and take a shower without soap in the morning. The color almost comes off and leaves me w a super light but natual looking tan. So if u wanna have a dark shade u need to apply it everyday for abt 5 days then maintain the tan w one application every 2 days. Trust me! This tanner fades so quick. In fact, if I dont apply it for 2 days, it will start to fade on the 3rd day.

***I bought a package of 2 bottles due to the good reviews but now im quite sad w the result. But u know what. Winter is coming and I think I’ll apply it and go out to show off the great color before It comes off in the shower. Anyway w the price, we can’t expect more than that. Light tan w cheap price. Ok

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Gutted! This was working just fine for me until I started to develop an itchy rash on my lower back and sides and had to stop using it. It's the only tanning solution I've used that gave me the perfect tan glow without streaking or coming off in a matter of days. However I would not hesitate to suggest trying for yourself as I have several friends that use Fake Bake Flawless Tan and never had any issues with it. In retrospect I should have borrowed some from one of them to try first before going out and purchasing one of my own, but what can I say...you live and you learn! For reference I have quite sensitive skin - more so on some areas than others and a reaction like this was kind of half-expected. Don't let my experience put you off as I'm in the minority.

Will definitely try out a few of their other formulations as reaction-aside I was impressed.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/27/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the summer of the fake tan for me. Fake Bake Flawless is one of the several self-tanners I have open right now.

Pros:
Natural color, even application, dries so fast without getting tacky (my favorite pro), comes with mitt, has color guard so you can see where you've applied color.

Cons:
Made my legs itch, when color guard is rinsed off remaining color is not as dark so must apply a few days in a row to acheive color depth I want (this is my biggest complaint!), and the color guard rubs off on my sheets.

Because of the cons I am trying some other tanners before i determine if i will rebuy this when i run out.

In the meantime i only use this on my arms/torso/neck. I use L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Serum on my legs/feet/hands/face.

To combat the color guard rubbing on my sheets issue I fold an old top sheet in half and sleep in that so my nice sheets stay nice.

on 5/27/2017 11:42:00 AM

Am fairly pale and when I used this I was pretty excited based on all the photos of people who have used it with similar skin tones. Several hours later, big disappointment. Basically showered off to reveal slightly, just slightly darker skin tone. 2 days later, did it again in order to deepen the "tan" and because it appeared to be fading off. (It should be noted I did not exfoliate in the shower in this 2 day time period so don't blame it on that).

Still not that tan and though not orange, not entirely natural looking either. Also, appear to use a lot of formula when applying in order to get consistently even.

Overall, not that great but not that bad, just not what I'm looking for.

(Also, for the record, I am slightly yellow though I have a cool based skin tone so it's definitely the tan product that is causing this.)

on 5/15/2017 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This tan gives a realistic colour, I feel like it's the colour I actually turn when I'm tanned. My main fault with it is that really would prefer it to go just a bit darker. It is basically idiot proof to apply I am still a bit of a novice to fake tan, and I got no streaks. I seem to see more colour going down the drain with repeated showering than other fake tans I've tried. You can get this tan for a decent price online and although I've only used it once I think the bottle will last ages as it's a liquid rather than lotion so I feel like it will go further

on 5/7/2017 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I want to love this! It's a great color.It just does not last long at all.It's good for a special occasion maybe? It's too expensive for how long it lasts.The color is so good though so maybe that's the payoff?...I posted some into a bottle with lotion in it.I don't like using these products straight out of the bottle.I streak too much...I don't have the patience ...lol...I'm afraid I will sweat it off I'd I workout...I will still use what I have and it's not bad..It does get tacky after applying.I use Jegens at times and it is more orange than fake bake.I don't think fake bake is orange at all...I think I'm going to go put some on...lol

on 4/21/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best self tanner I've bought. Ever. It is not orange, not streaky and is basically idiot proof. You can also use it on your face. I'm very fair and this gives me an amazing color! Only downside is it does fade quickly but that's it. Smells great dries super quick. Best to do it right before bed. Amazing!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

The color does not stay long at all.... I will apply and go to bed and I do not rinse off in the morning because when I do it just all comes off. The tan it gives without me rinsing off is very natural and nice but if I want to go swimming I don't want to jump in the pool and come out as a very pale ghost.

on 5/29/2016 11:52:00 PM

My absolute favorite self tanner ever! My only complaint is that it fades so quickly. But it looks so perfect on me I am willing to forgive that. (NW20)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm torn with this product ! It produces a great looking tan if applied with the mitt. There is pretty much no awful self tanner smell. However, it just doesn't last on me! It is completely gone after 2 days. This is good if you need it for an event or something... But it's just a pain to keep having to reapply every 2 days.