Fake Bake Flawless Self-Tan Liquid

Fake Bake Flawless Self-Tan Liquid

4.2

Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol 40-B, Dihydroxyacetone, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Erythrulose, Tetrasodiuim EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (Ci 16035), Coumarin.

on 5/27/2017 11:42:00 AM

Am fairly pale and when I used this I was pretty excited based on all the photos of people who have used it with similar skin tones. Several hours later, big disappointment. Basically showered off to reveal slightly, just slightly darker skin tone. 2 days later, did it again in order to deepen the "tan" and because it appeared to be fading off. (It should be noted I did not exfoliate in the shower in this 2 day time period so don't blame it on that).

Still not that tan and though not orange, not entirely natural looking either. Also, appear to use a lot of formula when applying in order to get consistently even.

Overall, not that great but not that bad, just not what I'm looking for.

(Also, for the record, I am slightly yellow though I have a cool based skin tone so it's definitely the tan product that is causing this.)

on 5/15/2017 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This tan gives a realistic colour, I feel like it's the colour I actually turn when I'm tanned. My main fault with it is that really would prefer it to go just a bit darker. It is basically idiot proof to apply I am still a bit of a novice to fake tan, and I got no streaks. I seem to see more colour going down the drain with repeated showering than other fake tans I've tried. You can get this tan for a decent price online and although I've only used it once I think the bottle will last ages as it's a liquid rather than lotion so I feel like it will go further

on 5/7/2017 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I want to love this! It's a great color.It just does not last long at all.It's good for a special occasion maybe? It's too expensive for how long it lasts.The color is so good though so maybe that's the payoff?...I posted some into a bottle with lotion in it.I don't like using these products straight out of the bottle.I streak too much...I don't have the patience ...lol...I'm afraid I will sweat it off I'd I workout...I will still use what I have and it's not bad..It does get tacky after applying.I use Jegens at times and it is more orange than fake bake.I don't think fake bake is orange at all...I think I'm going to go put some on...lol

on 4/21/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best self tanner I've bought. Ever. It is not orange, not streaky and is basically idiot proof. You can also use it on your face. I'm very fair and this gives me an amazing color! Only downside is it does fade quickly but that's it. Smells great dries super quick. Best to do it right before bed. Amazing!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

The color does not stay long at all.... I will apply and go to bed and I do not rinse off in the morning because when I do it just all comes off. The tan it gives without me rinsing off is very natural and nice but if I want to go swimming I don't want to jump in the pool and come out as a very pale ghost.

on 5/29/2016 11:52:00 PM

My absolute favorite self tanner ever! My only complaint is that it fades so quickly. But it looks so perfect on me I am willing to forgive that. (NW20)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm torn with this product ! It produces a great looking tan if applied with the mitt. There is pretty much no awful self tanner smell. However, it just doesn't last on me! It is completely gone after 2 days. This is good if you need it for an event or something... But it's just a pain to keep having to reapply every 2 days.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I subscribe to SMLx0 on youtube and she said this was her favorite self-tanner. I've tried a lot of self-tanners and let me tell you! I'M TIRED OF SMELLING LIKE A BOILED HOT DOG! Seriously, the smell is gross. I always self-tan at night before bed. It's the only available time I have to sit around waiting for it to dry and develop. However, I have to go to the gym at 5am. The annoying thing about my schedule and self-tanning is that I have to wash off the smelly guide coat before I leave for the gym. I hate getting whiffs of hot dogs while I'm working out. I'm sure the people next to me don't enjoy it either. Naturally, I have to take another shower when I get home. It's just too much time wasted washing up. After watching many reviews on this product, there were many positive reviews saying this self-tanner doesn't have "eeeewww that smell. ♫ Can't you smell that smell" Okay, stop clowning around and let's put it to the test.

I'm new to the brand Fake Bake and they have many different types of self-tanners available that range around the $20-$30 range. You can find this brand at Ulta. I got what SMLx0 recommended which was the original Flawless Self-Tan Liquid. The product comes with a set of rubber gloves and a application mitt for $26. The product comes in a spray bottle which is very nice. The product is also a liquid so having it in a spray form is very handy. I love using this because the skin on my body isn't dry and when I use the lotions, it takes forever to dry. If you are a scatter brain like me and accidently throw away the rubber gloves, no big deal. I didn't have any problems with the product staining my hands through the application mitt.

Of course, always start out with clean dry exfoliated skin. Go lightly over the bendy parts like elbows and knees. You spray the product directly on the application mitt and you rub in circles one area at a time until you are confident that it is blended out evenly. The product does have a dark tint to it which makes it easy to see. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** I thought I was spraying the product directly into the mitt but the nozzle does spray out further than the width of the mitt. I ended up spraying the toilet seat and sink area. Just be mindful of that and keep damp paper towels around to wipe up any spray dots you see. Also, just to be on the safe side, I put a bath towel on the floor in case anything happened.

This product does perform as it claims. It does dry very fast. Keep this in mind when you are applying it because I was working on my upper left arm and didn't fully blend in when I moved to my chest area for two seconds and I ended up getting a small streak on my upper arm because it already dried. I'm just used to lotions which allows for more time to blend and set. However, I just have to be more careful next time because I much prefer dressing right away than to stand there in the bathroom in a Hulk stance staring at myself waiting for the stuff to dry. Another claim is that it doesn't have that typical self-tanner smell. It honestly doesn't. It does have this faint "cosmetic" scent before it is dried but it goes away once the skin is fully dried. This is incredible because I'm able to just go to the gym and not worry about my stink. I did put this to the test and didn't wash off the guide coat and while I was sweating, I couldn't smell a thing. Also, the guide coat didn't stain my clothes (this occasionally happened with the lotion versions). As for the color, I was worried because Fake Bake also has a "darker" version and I tend to get the darker or deep versions of self-tanners because I'm naturally NC40 (med olive). However, I got about two shades darker with just my initial application!

Overall, A+ for this product. I wouldn't change a thing! HG status.

on 2/29/2016 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this after searching far and wide for something to break me out of my....shall we say...orange phase in college. (Seriously, I can't look at graduation pics without cringing, but that's another story!)

Bottom line up front: I love this. It gives a natural looking tan and if it's been a while since I've used it I always get asked if I've been on vacation or if I've been to a tanning bed. As cheesy as that sounds, it's not an exaggeration. The mitten is a must, though, since it really does keep things even.

I also like to put this on at night before bed to let it set and take a quick shower in the morning to rinse off some of the "sparkle" that comes with it so it looks more natural. I don't hate the smell but the morning shower takes care of that, too. However, I've put it on right before going out, too, and it still looks great.

Definitely make sure to exfoliate well, though, especially knees, elbows, ankles, etc. Nothing you wouldnt expect from a self tanner. All in all, it's about as natural as you can expect, it's not hard to use, and one bottle lasts me for a few months at least (I use this a lot).

One application lasts about 3 days and fades fairly evenly, though to avoid mottling I've found its a good idea to make sure you're moisturizing well!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm using Fake Bake self tanners for last three years. Flawless is the first one that caused allergy. My skin is medium shade with yellow undertones, so the color is very suitable even for my face.
In ten minutes after application I have multiple broken vessels all over my face, my chest, my back, however product seems fine for my legs and arms. I've tried it for 4 times. Each time with the same effect... Won't buy it again, would use the rest of the bottle for legs.

Pros:
- smells good. My husband loves it. He was begging me to stop using other Fake Bake products because of the way they smell and was very skeptical about me trying out another one.
- application is fast and easy

Cons:
- it's the first Fake Bake product I had a streaks from
- the color is too yellow to compare to other products from same brand
- application is easy, but messy
- my allergy lasts longer than tan