4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

My dream sunless tanner. For me, it's the best ever. PROS • No tint = cleaner application process, not to mention clothes & sheets. • Neutral smell • Spreads fast • Dries faster than many lotion formulas. In an hour, that moist feeling is gone from backs of knees & insides of elbows. By the middle of the night, skin is bone-dry. • Can get away with spacing out applications every 4 days instead of my usual 3 • Comes completely off in 2 loofah glove/soap/baking soda scrub sessions • $6 range • Color result is a toasty neutral to warm tone. • I'm an NC5. Deep/Dark gets me to an NC20. NC25 if I were to reapply every 3 days. • Bottle lasts 5 applications & I'm generous. CONS • Doesn't dry as fast as a mousse formula (really reaching here) If you look at the reviews for this product on Target, Walmart, etc., many are miffed that Banana Boat took away the tint. IMO, that is the best thing they could have done. For a product that is this cheap & cheerful, I'm astonished at how impressive its performance is. Just try it!

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

7 months ago

I've tried a bunch of expensive self-tanners including Josie Maran's whipped argon self tanner. The Banana Boat brand isn't as moisturizing ( I moisturize after) but it's less messy and gives me a deep, dark tan. I'm fair but my color is natural. I use it about 3 times per week. I like Neutragena but the color never gets as rich as this. Easy to apply, no streaks and I don't even need an applicator glove. A hit for the money and quality.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesBlue

9 months ago

This is very dark for my skin , beac I want very very dark color on my skin color , I love deep dark skin color , more dark more good look fresh and healthy .

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Dark

HairBlack

a year ago

It's round about this time of the year, as we near the end of Winter when I notice my skin sorely lacks that glow, and that's when I start reaching out for the next tanning lotion or mist to try out...in this case Banana Boats Summer Color in 'Deep Dark' which I picked up last week. So many things I like about this one, where do I start...? ...It's totally non-sticky, no orange tint or streakiness and very easy to apply. It also dries relatively quickly, and unlike the previous sunless tanner I used, this one gave me no rash or breakouts on my shoulders and chest. I love that it has very little smell, I can put it on before getting dressed without fearing that everyone can detect the smell of tanning cream. With others I always apply at night simply to avoid this issue. The color sets in on me in about 3 hours after I apply it, and I only have to apply it 1-2 times per week to maintain a great tan...and best of all I can do so without breaking the bank (I got this for just $7 from Walgreens). I am naturally tan anyway but when I need that extra glow this is just the thing! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

from

a year ago

I love this stuff and it's cheap too! I have fair skin & have no problem using the deep dark color. The color looks natural (never orange) and best of all it doesn't take days for a tan. I apply it for 2 days in a row & it usually lasts 4-5 days. Any problems with streaking have been my fault & if you don't wash your hands really really well after applying you won't be happy. The only downside is if you have any sun spots it will make them darker.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

1.0
from

a year ago

8/22/19 Edit: I bought a new tube about 2 months ago at the beginning of summer 2019, and I see that the formulation has become untinted. I thought it would be fine and went ahead and used it several times, but the lack of a tint, for me, makes using this impossible. I apply this with a medical glove as before, and think I am applying a good, even layer and am working it in thoroughly, but find out a day later that there are uneven patches every where. Even worse, I can see the "strokes" (or streaks) where I have tried massaging this product into my skin. Strokes, like paint brush strokes. In addition, the product makes my skin dry out, which had never happened with the earlier formulation. This formula leaves my legs looking "leathery," which I didn't think was possible since I generally have oily skin everywhere. I originally had rated this 5 stars but am going to change the rating to a 1. I guess I have to find a different self-tanning product from now on. :-( Original Review: This stuff is a lot less expensive than other self tanners, and I get excellent results. It has a tint that instantly makes your arms & legs look tan AND also lets you see where you have applied it so you don't miss a spot. And when it starts to wear off, it does so fairly gracefully. I don't mind the scent of this at all. I use medical/surgical non-latex gloves when I apply this self-tanner, and I just rub it in as if I didn't have gloves on. I thought that those silly tanning mitts absorbed half the product and wasted my money.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I would buy this again -- however I think people who are more on the fair side of the spectrum should not apply this more than once in 3-4 days. My first application I looked good, I had some color definitely on my face and legs. I made the mistake of trying to go darker with another application the next morning and I started to turn orange. I showered immediately & my color looked great again, a nice bronze finish. Just be cautious!!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

3 years ago

First off, I have no idea why self tanners come out at the drugstore but don't provide tanning mitts. The bottle says you can wash your hands in between uses but mine still came out super orange. Not only that but this lotion bunches up and doesn't blend well, super splotchy. Same when I tried to apply it to my back with my back lotion applicator from Wal-Mart. I came out super orange and had to run over to Ulta the very next day to grab some St. Tropez Express Bronzing Mousse that they recommended to fix this whole mess as well as a real tanning mitt. Pathetic and when it comes to self tanning cheaper is usually worse!!!!!!! Even if the application was fine I was a straight up oompa loompa which looks horrible on my fair skin.

About reviewer (416 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I love this stuff. Used it for my school semis and proms. It's sooo dark, and I got so many compliments on it. Currently using it for my summer go to tan instead of absorbing some rays. However, I have a yellow undertone and could see how people of pink or neutral or with pale tones would complain that this looks orange on them. If you do have a yellow or olive tone, this will look amazing and goldeny tan. I love it, and on my fourth bottle. I hope they don't discontinue!!! Very affordable. Only reason I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5 is because it does take a little long to dry. If you do it gradually then it's not a big deal: too much tanner = longer time to dry, small amount = maybe like 10-20 mins. My skin looks amazing after only 1 use! So very impressed. Highly recommend

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

This is my second tube, so I do like it. The color appears natural on my pale-ish skin and dark enough that it doesn't take repeated applications over the space of a week to get the results I want. It's widely available and not too expensive. I use an applicator mitt so I have no problems with stained palms or fingers. Sometimes there are streaks around my toes or ankles, but that is MY fault - I'm not as diligent at exfoliating as I should be. :) For summer, this is something I need to have around. Def a great product in my mind.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral