Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This product is a toss up. I've used this during most of the winter, and so far it's provided substantial moisture to the dry areas of my face. I did notice a few days into this, my skin broke out with cystic acne, but I'm not sure if the serum attributed to them, so I gave it more time to get my skin accustomed to this product. I've been using it continuously for 2 1/2 months now, and love the moisturizing benefits. It's great when traveling in an airplane, where cold cabin air can make my skin crazy with dry patches of skin on my cheeks. It's also great as a night treatment. I sometimes mix Philosophy's Vitamin C powder with this and this combination leaves my skin bright, plump, and moisturized. I even notice my acne scars and sun spots fading faster.

However, this product isn't the best under makeup. It peels off like crazy and leaves a flaky residue as a result. Not an attractive look. After serum, it's best not to layer too many products over it, because it doesn't let makeup adhere the way it is supposed to. Better yet, if you're going to use this under makeup, make sure to let the serum sit longer than 5 minutes before applying primer or foundation. In my case, I applied a BB cream after using this serum, and it pilled everywhere.

The packaging is in a clear 1 oz. bottle, with clear plastic cap, and clear serum. It's great for travel, but I kind of prefer my serums in opaque bottles or dark brown dropper bottles so the product doesn't oxidize and discolor. The consistency is more like a clear gel than a serum. It can also become quite sticky when applied, but the stickiness fades after the serum has absorbed. The price is reasonable at $19. You can find it cheaper on Amazon, but I advise to think twice before buying there. I've read reviews from customers complaining they were sold an expired or a fake product from a seller.

on 3/24/2014 11:17:00 AM

I purchased this off PipingRock.com (n/a) for around $5.00, which is a complete steal because I've seen this for triple, if not quadruple the price elsewhere. It's an OK serum but compared to others I've used, it's not a favorite. it provided a boost of hydration during the cold, dry, winter months for sure.

I just finished up the bottle but I will not be repurchasing. I think the formula has silicone in it, which I don't normally prefer in skincare products. I also didn't like the pump because it pumped out too much product and made me go through this faster than I should have.

I prefer the MyChelle Ultra Hydrating HA serum, even though it's about $35/bottle.

on 2/4/2013 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One of the best gels/serums in the market.. Very hydrating and soothing. Great for those with Very Sensitive, Acne-Prone and Dry Skin combination. It has absolutely no fragrance and has a gel consistency which is extremely easy to spread. I LOVE the pump on this bottle because it is super controllable as to the amount you need.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The more I'm advancing into the world of Skincare, the more I'm learning about the individual components of popular skincare products. Hyaluronic Acid is something that I have never really heard of prior to using this serum. I researched a little bit and browsed the MUA forums and found that Hyaluronic Acid is really sought-after for those with dry skin. It can be taken orally as a pill or in the form of a serum, cream or toner. Although I don't have dry skin, I thought it would be a fantastic serum to try to keep my skin hydrated 24/7. I do once a while have a little dryness from using harsh cleansers (such as African Black Soap) or exfoliation, that will typically occur around my mouth and chin area. Usually if that occurs, it will be fixable within a couple of days with a good moisturizer. I have been using this serum for 4 weeks now, 1-2 times daily, using 1/2 a pump each application. The consistency of the serum is very light and is kind of like a runny gel. One applied to the skin, it seems to distribute well all over the face. I'll never have to go back for more. It may feel sticky for about 15 seconds, but the stickiness goes away completely within 30 seconds and you are left with hydrated skin. The serum doesn't leave any traces of product left on the skin's surface so you are able to layer a moisturizer over it fine or even your makeup. What's different about Hyaluronic Acid than a standard moisturizer is that it really works within your skin. It won't give your skin the illusion of moisturize with an oily residue. You may not notice it right away if your skin is dry, but after continued use you will see the results. Since using this product, I haven't had one instance of dryness. My skin is always hydrated and radiant. Crazily enough, I have smile lines that drive me insane because many times my foundation will settle in the fine lines and I'll have to touch up with powder a couple times throughout the day. My makeup hasn't seemed to settle at all in those lines since I've been using this. Also, the little corners around my nose are typically a little dry and now they are completely moisturized. Hydraluronic Acid has now become a staple in my everyday skin routine and I don't want to be without out it! The price of this serum is $20 for 1 oz of product. It may be a little pricey, but it's something that works well for me and I will continue purchasing it once I run out. Like I mentioned, I've used the serum for 4 weeks, sometimes twice a day and I have 2/3 product left. The bottle should last me for 2 more months. So, a little over $6.60 a month - it's completely worth it.

on 6/3/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for several weeks. I am 50 years old and have dry skin smile lines when I smile. This serum has really helped my skin look for youthful and less dry and less dehydrated. I am also taking the Hyaluronic Acid pill so hopefully they both will keep me looking younger.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin and I adore this serum! Very lightweight, but very hydrating at the same time.