Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum

3.6

Not tested on animals
Reviva Labs is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Demineralized spring water, glycerine (veg.), hyaluronic acid, polysorbate 20, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, green tea extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, simethicone, carmelized sugar, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citric acid.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Oz Naturals version of HA on Amazon for $21. IMO, not worth the $21 I paid for it. Save up $21 a month for 6 months and go to a medical spa to get a peel or radio frequency treatments. I used it for 3 months and finally gave up. It is a thin, watery solution that when applied, feels like egg whites drying on the face. It made my skin actually look dryer than before so I always followed it with a moisturizer. It is NOT, as its advertising touts, "a face lift in a bottle". It does make your face feel tighter but that is only temporary and due to the properties which are similar to applying an egg white to your face. I am 55 years old and even though I do everything humanly possible (outside of seeing a cosmetic surgeon) to protect my skin and keep it young looking, I am showing the typical signs of aging for a woman my age. I have crows feet when I smile, dark spots on the cheeks, large pores, deep smile lines (AKA marionettes) and a deep worry crease between my eyebrows, and lately notice the beginnings of "festoons" (bags under your eye circles---yuk). I keep trying liquids and creams, hoping to avoid needles and scalpels but, the time has come to face reality: either go under the knife or needle or just learn to accept my changing reflection in the mirror as a sign of "wisdom" and diminishing sands in the hourglass of life.

on 7/19/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a 1fl oz bottle at a local health foods store for around $20. This serum is clear and is quite watery in consistency. There's no noticeable scent. It's not sticky or greasy.

The product comes in a clear glass bottle with a pump. At first I was weary about that. I'd prefer if it came in a dark-tinted container to preserve the anti-oxidizing element of the green tea contained in this serum. However, I just keep it stored out of direct light (in a medicine cabinet would be great if you have one) and it's fine.

Here is the ingredients list on the back of my bottle and on the Reviva Labs website: Purified Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Carbomer, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

On the Ulta website the ingredients list is: Demineralized Spring Water, Glycerine (Veg.), Hyaluronic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, Green Tea Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Simethicone, Caramelized Sugar, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate And Citric Acid.

Perhaps it was recently reformulated. This is something to be aware of if you're shopping online... what's actually in the bottle could be different than what you're expecting based on the ingredients list provided by the website. I'd purchase this in-store so you know exactly what you're getting, if you have a preference. I favor the top ingredients list more, especially since the bottom one contains "Simethicone." Simethicone is an anti-gas and anti-bloating agent found in products such as Gas-X. So unless it's a typo and they actually meant dimethicone, I don't know why they'd have that in there. Maybe to prevent the serum from foaming up when it's dispensed? What do I know?

Anyways... what got me interested in trying hyaluronic acid in my regimen is the fact that it's a very strong humectant (moisture-binding substance.) This stuff pulls moisture in from the air, so your skin will be hydrated and in theory appear younger-looking.

Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring carbohydrate in the human body and can be found in skin and connective tissue. It strengthens the outer layers of skin and provides antioxidant defense against free-radical damage, in addition to reducing inflammation. I've heard that it can help reduce acne scarring as well. It can also be used to treat burns, ulcers, and wounds (I wouldn't use this serum for any of those purposes, I just found the reported healing properties interesting.)

All of that sounded great. I've been incorporating this serum into my routine morning and night for around a month now. I apply one pump after cleansing and toning and spread it all over my face. Honestly, I haven't noticed any visible changes in fine lines or scarring. The first few days I used this I experienced a minor breakout, but that cleared up quickly and my skin has looked great ever since.

I really do love the way this stuff makes my skin feel.... it's moisturized and even feels somewhat tighter. I've heard some compare this to botox in a bottle. I wouldn't go that far at all but I can tell what they're talking about to a much more minor extent. I haven't had any problems personally with how it wears underneath makeup, but I put other products (moisturizer, sunscreen, and primer) over the top of this serum before going in with foundation/concealer.

If you're looking for a miracle product... in my experience, this isn't it. However, if you're looking for something that will benefit your skin even if you can't see dramatic results, then I'd recommend checking this out. I enjoy having it as a part of my skincare routine and will probably repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I do not get the hype.
I hear all the good things this should do but have yet to see any result from any brand.
Added to water or other products etc etc
I have not noticed anything.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- adds and retains moisture
- not greasy
- absorbs quickly
- little goes a long way

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: I love the way my skin looks and feels with this. You don't need much - a little goes a long way. It absorbs quickly and it's as if you're not wearing anything on your face, yet it's still hydrated. I use this in the evening and in conjunction with my moisturizer, however I found that a moisturizer isn't really necessary when using this.

Will repurchase.

on 9/14/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to try another hyarulonic acid serum after I tried the Indeed Labs Hydraluron with some positive effects. Hyraluron was great for my skin but I didn't find it that moisturising. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to red rashes and intolerant to heavy fragrance and essential oils among many other chemicals. Reviva is scent-free which usually is good news for my skin. The first few times I used this serum, I really liked it. It smoothed out my skin and looked like it gave it some moisture. But after a few days it started to clog my pores. I ended up with two spots in areas of my face that are usually very dry! As I don't usually get clogged pores and have been using heavy oil based balms like cocoa butter on my face for years without any issues with spots, I was quite surprised. On comparison, I think Hydraluron is a better choice for a hyaluronic acid serum. If you want to try Reviva Hyaruloronic acid serum, monitor the long term effects closely especially if you are clog prone. My conclusion is that it is not a very hydrating serum with only temporary smoothing effect and can even cause blocked pores.

on 5/22/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this little serum! I have uber sensitive skin that as I've gotten older tends to get dehydrated very easily and just distorts my appearance. While this isn't the end all be all to my issues, it certainly hydrates my skin. I love the cool, light gel feel to it, despite never thinking I would have. The gel sinks right in, no oily mess later. I found it on line for half the price quoted below. I'm on my second bottle. I usually top it off with my sensitive skin Burt's Bees moisturizer.

My skin is dry/combo with Rosacea, Allergies to fragrance, phalates, preservatives

I'm almost down to the end of the bottle and I will be repurchasing. I love this stuff! I mix 3-4 drops of my vitamin c serum (Paula's Choice) and apply morning and night before adding makeup or moisturizer. It plumps up my skin -- especially my forehead and the lines around my mouth. It kind of freaks me out sometimes though because when I raise my eyebrows, my forehead doesn't move because it looks like I have botox. LOL. But isn't that what we're looking for? I like how the serum has green tea extract and glycerin in it. Too bad it's in a glass container otherwise the green tea as an antioxidant will lose its efficacy so I keep it in the medicine cabinet away from light. Oh, and yes it does "ball up" if you apply foundation over it -- some foundations. It's trial and error. Some foundations/bb creams ball up over top, and some do not. I use Physician's Formula SPF 50 tinted moisturizer and it doesn't ball up.

on 1/27/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a must have product for me. I use it everyday as a part of my night time routine along with the Reviva labs DMAE under eye serum. It has faded my acne scars and makes my skin so soft and smooth. I highly recommend this product. It works better that a lot of more expensive serums out there

on 12/1/2012 12:08:00 AM

I'ge been reading about HA and picked this up on a whim at the vitamin store since it was cheap. I think this causes my pores to clog although it does a great job hydrating. Clogging is not okay. Need to see if it is the HA or other ingredients in the serum.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This makes my skin soft and smooth. I am very oily and it does not add oil to my skin. I love mineral makeups and this helps to smooth any roughness before applying minerals. It is very inexpensive compared to some of the other Hyaluronic products I have purchased in the past and delivers the same results. I love it because it works and does not break the bank!