John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

3.7

WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, CETYL ALCOHOL, BETAINE, COCAMIDE MEA, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CARAMEL, DISODIUM EDTA, MALIC ACID, LAURETH-4, LAURETH-23, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GLYCINE, SODIUM XYLENESULFONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, PEARL POWDER, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, LECITHIN, ALCOHOL, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE

on 3/18/2017 6:18:00 AM

This *was* a HG hair product for me..... up until about 2 months ago (early 2017) in the UK. This used to smell of coconuts, it used to cleanse my scalp without stripping my colour. There was no itch, no product buildup, just shiny, swingy, manageable bouncy hair. Then it changed! For a start the aroma isn't the same. Gone that lovely holiday smell and in its place that weird watered down 'mothballs' smell that so many hair product companies seem to use these days. Maybe it's the aroma intrinsic of a particular ingredient and is hard to mask? I don't know. I just know that it used to smell beautifully and now it's is horrible. Tbh I could live with that if the product behaved the same way in every other respect. But it doesn't: it strips my hair leaving it harsh to touch, leaving my scalp sensitized, it strips colour and leaves me looking like Ben Gunn (minus the facial hair). It demands a whole new battery of styling products to tame it (maybe that was the plan all along eh?) I'm disappointed .. I'm fed up of every so often having to re-apply myself to the task of hunting down a new substitute for a perfect product a manufacture has deemed needs 'improving'. Apart from that being annoying in and of itself, it also makes me brand wary. I know there is nothing in the John Frieda range that works for me now that they have messed up the Brilliant Brunette moisturising shampoo so I will obviously have to suss out a dupe from another brand. But once you stop buying from a brand you tend not to return to it... a customer lost through a stupid product change like this might be a customer lost forever. Someone at JF has made a bit of an own goal.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I die over the smell of this shampoo! Amazing!

Adds very nice lustre and shine to highlighted, or naturally blonde hair. Also seems to keep fly aways at bay better than other shampoo + conditioners. One that I like to keep in rotation.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't think this is being made anymore?... :(
Now they have the moisture one which is ok, but this version made my hair so SHINY and bouncy!! I got compliments when I would use this shampoo and conditioner!

on 2/25/2016 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for the John Frieda brilliant Brunette multi-tone revealing enhancing shampoo and conditioner. This was an ok duo, but nothing really crazy about it. The smell is nice and it leaves my hair soft and shiny, but I didn't see any difference in the color or in the hydration of my hair.

on 8/13/2014 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is good shampoo! I like that the bottle dispenses from the bottom so it's easy to get out all of the product, the scent is nice but not overpowering, it cleanses well but is moisturizing, it does seem to deposit some color, and my hair is shinier when I use it. I wish it deposited more color to help cover my WHITE (not gray) hair, but I'll probably repurchase this. The price wasn't bad and it was easy to find in stores around me.

on 5/18/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't impressed with the volumizing version of this shampoo, which left my hair shiny yet very dry. I decided to give this moisturizing variety a shot, and I'm really glad I did. Like the other version, the scent is fairly neutral, which I prefer. It leaves my hair super shiny and soft, without weighing it down at all. This is really important since I have fine oily hair, and it doesn't contribute to the problem. It's a touch pricier than other drugstore products, but it's often on sale here, so I can usually snag it at half price or thereabouts.

I would definitely recommend this for anyone with normal to oily hair, though I'm not sure if it's moisturizing enough for anyone with dry or damaged hair.

I like to experiment with shampoos, but I always have a bottle of Brilliant Brunette in the shower. I have thick (but fine textured) hair that gets greasy easily, and I find that Brilliant Brunette products do a good job at cleaning my hair without stripping out color or drying my hair out. I also love the almondy smell and the subtle highlights that I get after using BB products.

One of the best shampoos I've used! My hair gets dry easily and this made my hair shiny and soft and moisturized (used matching conditioner too). Couple of weeks ago I was getting tired of the scent so I tried an herbal essences brand and my hair got ugly and dry after a week of use. Went back to this shampoo and my hair got nice and soft again! 4 stars instead of 5 because I'm getting kinda tired of the scent.... thinking about trying the Frizz Ease shampoo next. Anyways, this stuff is nice!

on 10/14/2013 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Im not sure exactly if this product is still being made. But it is wonderful. I have used john frieda brilliant brunette line for years. This shampoo cleaned my hair, added lots of shine to my black brown hair and enhanced the color. I wish it came in a bigger size since i have long thick hair.

on 6/18/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this shampoo. I was raised on Suave and have never boughten anything else. My grandma gave me this a few weeks ago and I had no idea shampoos could be so different!!!! My hair is shiny and I have no need for conditioner!!!! I see absolutely no build-up, which is rare. I love it!!!

Popular Shampoos