LUSH Rehab Shampoo

4.1

Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Carrageenan Infusion, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Fresh Papaya Juice (Carica papaya), Fresh Pineapple Juice (Ananas comosus), Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Kiwi Juice (Actinidia chinensis), Fresh Mango Juice (Mangifera indica), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), *Limonene, *Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben.

Rehab is a herbally, pepperminty shampoo from Lush. I was using I Love Juicy but felt like a change and I am a sucker for all things peppermint so I knew I would have to try Rehab! Rehab has a much thinner consistency than ILJ and is quite watery. I think this is down to the high olive content in the product. It creates a light lather, though not as much as other shampoos. Despite not creating as much lather, Rehab still leaves my hair feeling clean and refreshed. I was my hair every second day and never am looking greasy after using Rehab. It cleanses my hair without drying it out. The olive oil is good for hair strength and my hair does feel strong and healthy as well as looking shiny. Rehab is meant to be good for problem scalps too and my scalp does not feel dry or itchy when using this shampoo. I like this a lot and would reuse again.

I guess I'll start off by saying that I have a flakey scalp that gets irritated pretty easily. It's also a bit on the dry side.

This shampoo is ok. It has Amonium Lauryl Sulfate, which is similar to Sodium Lauryl Sufate, the harsh detergent that a lot of people avoid due to it stripping their hair of oil, not being the best for the environment, and other reasons (the cancer one has not been supported with evidence). I will also clarify that Sodium Laureth Sulfate, also in this product, is not as bad due to it not penetrating the hair shaft as much, but I digress. Personally, I try to avoid these types of detergents due to my sensitive scalp, but I got this for free and thought it sounded like it was marketed for people like me. The first time I used this, I did not use a conditioner afterwards. My hair admittedly looked perfect once it air-dried and even retained a bit of texture, but my scalp was an itchy mess. I then washed my hair using conditioner after I applied this, and it's doing much better. I don't think this performs better than the TJTTT I was using, but it's different. It has a mild peppermint smell and my hair does dry with a touch more texture, even with the conditioner (Trader Joes Tea Tree Conditioner). I might even buy a small bottle for travel, although probably not.

To Read all 131 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Rehab for your hair, for sure! Combined with the Retread conditioner, this does an awesome job of bringing life back to your dry and/or damaged hair. I don't like the scent, but that's just because I don't enjoy mint - if you do, you'll probably love it. The scent also doesn't linger too much, so it's just while I'm washing my hair that I have to "put up" with it. This is a shampoo that I use every now and then, when my hair needs to get back on track. It did an amazing job a few years back when my hair was constantly dry, frizzy and completely lacked any shine. Now that I take better care of my hair generally I find that I just need to use this every now and then, when I feel like my hair needs a little bit of extra love and care.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I used this for a couple of years because I felt like I had greasy hair and that's what they recommended. I believe I went through three or four bottles before I recently stopped using it.
This is for a deep clean of your hair and scalp that smells lemony fresh, but eventually I just started using it every other day because I was lazy and didn't like switching between multiple hair shampoos. It works all right but when it starts to expire, it doesn't work as well I've noticed. I did like that deep clean feeling at first but in the end I just got sort of bored of it because it didn't seem like it was doing anything another shampoo couldn't do. Plus, it's a bit expensive for something I rarely end up using all of before the expiration date. However, to buy a smaller container would be a huge jump in price per ounce and the smaller container is a LOT smaller. It also made my hair quite fluffy, which was not exactly something I liked but I could see others being into it.
I recently switched back to generic drugstore shampoo (Garnier) just to see what it was like and my hair actually feels more clean now than it has in a while. Maybe my hair just got used to Rehab so it needed a change or maybe my scalps just different now that I'm older. I'll probably go back to Rehab shampoo eventually.
Also, as a special note to colored hair, I wouldn't recommend it highly to you, because whenever I bleached my hair it would take out the toner very quickly. Same with when I bleached my hair and then recolored it. I would always try to remember to switch to a color safe shampoo for most of the week when I colored my hair and only use this for a deep clean every 1-2 weeks.
Overall, its a good product but fairly pricey. Worth a try and the largest size is the best deal.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

A bit on the fence about this one... I wash my hair on average once every 2 days. The first week I tried it, it was good, the end of my hair (full of split ends because of constantly straightening) seemed much more healthy, but it made my hair really flat. After a week my scalp started itching like there is no tomorrow, and it also started flaking and it didn't stop until I switched shampoo again. After that I only use it once a week, and it was much better. I pair this once a week with Retread to really deeply treat my hair, and it worls quite well. I have to be very careful not to work it into my scalp because when I do... yeah... Bad idea...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this shampoo once or twice a week because i really feel it deeply cleans my hair and scalp, something i dont feel when using my regular sulfate free shampoos. Although my hair doesnt feel as soft when using this compared to my other shampoos. This gives volume to my hair which i believe is because it really cleanses the hair very well getting rid of oil. My scalp gets oily if i missed washing my hair for a day but when i used this shampoo my scalp is not as oily the next day. I recommend trying this shampoo for that total rehab experience

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great shampoo (even if you do not have a bad hairday).
Lovely smell and texture. Hair feels soft, very clean and gets instant volume (I have thin hair, so that is a must have for me).

Love it, will buy over and over again.

I was randomly browsing Lush in the hair product section one day, & a sales girl approached me & I described to her my hair type & that I straighten it frequently. She immediately showed me Rehab, said she uses it all the time & it's great for my hair type so I asked for a sample of it, & she also recommended American Cream Conditioner to go with it. I used it the next day & OMG, my hair had never looked so good & felt so soft. I ended up going back & buying the 250 mL bottles of Rehab & American Cream a month ago, I've only been using them both for a couple weeks now & my hair has never looked so healthy! I even went to see some friends recently & one of the first things one of my friends said was "Wow, your hair looks so beautiful!" I was a bit skeptical of buying this because of the price, but the sales girl said that the bottle will last me a long time & she's right, I never feel like I have to use a whole lot to get my hair clean anymore. I've also noticed on the website a lot of people claim this dried out their hair, I can't speak for those people because everyone is different. I'm just really happy I found a shampoo for me! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

So, I only used this product one time, but I felt the need to write a review based on my first impression because it was that good.

First of all the smell was absolutely amazing, and it gave my scalp a tingle (a good one) when applied and when rinsed my hair felt extremely clean, yet moisturized. When I was brushing my hair, I felt as though there was less breakage, but I will update that situation after a few more uses. I know that using a product one time is not a real basis for a review, but because my first impression was so good, I decided to write about it.

Will update after a few weeks of use... But can't wait to wash my hair again. :)

Soft and shiny, yeah, but my hair felt oily and weighed down...I don't want greasy bangs or roots. I mean, yeah, I guess it's doing its job, it's good for your hair, just too good ha. I prefer to leave that stuff up to my conditioner.