4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

My first encounter with PC was their Extra Strength Acne Kit (sample), which, although dried out my skin, gave me results much quicker than other brands. Fortunately, I discovered that PC developed pretty good products to treat post-acne problems so I gave a couple of them a shot. One of them was the AHA exfoliant. Fun fact: I suffer from comedones. Genetics, not environment-caused. So you can imagine the endless frustration I endure when looking for super-noncomedogenic products. Those targeted for acne scars apparently rubbed my skin the wrong way and I tend to lean more on the cautious side just in case. When my skincare enthusiast of a best friend recommended that I look into BHA and AHA type products for my skin, I figured nothing could possibly go wrong. I'd played it safe with my skincare; why not reach a higher level of it? When reading the description for the AHA exfoliant, you would expect your skin to shed its "old" skin, layer by layer. But the actual result is something even more satisfying. Before I began using the exfoliant, swiping toner all over my face left nothing on my cotton pad. Now, I can see the dirt and grime collected from my day/night adventures despite not wearing any makeup beforehand. Even though my face still does have visible scars, I'm not afraid of walking around barefaced any longer. Plus! The color of my face now matches the color of my neck and everyone knows that's the best thing to ever happen. My comedones don't pop up either in spite of its obvious hiding spot under my skin... but you take what you can get, right? I'm going to try a BHA-type product next and see if I can elevate my skin quality to the next level.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

5 years ago

This is pretty good at exfoliating dead skin cells and leaving the complexion brighter and more even. It is not a treatment to be used once a week, but rather several nights in a row to really notice a difference. Compared to some other fancy brands, this product is much cheaper and performs fairly well. The texture is gel-like, and blends easily into the skin. Beware that this product is not very green as it contains silicones/parabens, so if you are ingredient-conscious you may want to err on the side of caution.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Only used a sample, but I loved it. Going to order the full size. The first couple of times my skin felt rough in the morning after use. The only other exfoliant I used before is Paula's 5% AHA (Resist), compared to that the gel takes a bit longer to sink in. The Resist AHA has a pretty strong smell, this one is totally scent free. Both of them taste very sour when you lick your skin. (Don't ask. But I thought I share in case you expect being kissed or licked on the face.) I don't know which review I should put this in, so I'll just put it here: I'm getting complimented on my skin quite often since I started to use Paula's Choice products, and believe me this is not something that happened before. I definitely recommend anyone to give them a try. I started going foundation-free this week, feels good. (But oh so weird.)

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

I did love it! Did clean my face and maintained it that way. I gave this 4 lipies, because i like the 2% BHA lotion better ( it goes better with my spf cream )!...but this is great also

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I've been using this off and on for a few years now. I have very sensitive skin and cannot tolerate any of the higher % products on the market. These days I only use it once or twice a month in order to smooth things out as I can't tolerate physical scrubs. HG AHA for me since it gets the job done, I like the texture, and it contains none of my acne/irritation triggers.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I will never be without this product or Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel. I alternate between the two of them. I use them every day, and I am a 45 year old with oily skin that is not sensitive, some wrinkles, some sun damage. occasional acne. This makes my skin smooth, clear and helps with preventing breakouts. I haven't noticed a huge difference in my hyperpigmentation from this product. For that, I use the Fade Peel from MUAC as well as the Lactic Acid peel. But this is a great, everyday exfoliant for oilier skins. I went for a facial last week and the facialist coudn't believe that I hadnt had a facial in over 3 years--she said my skin was in excellent condition.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Pros: Effective AHA exfoliant in stable packaging, large amount of product included Cons: A little expensive, and texture is sticky. This is a good product, but a good AHA isn't so hard to find. There are others that are less expensive, just as effective, and with a more pleasing texture. What I use instead: currently, I use Olay Night Resurfacing Elixir on a daily basis, and Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle once a week.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I have acne prone, sensitive, extremly oily skin that is covered in clogged pores. Using this together with Paula's BHA made a huge difference in my skin. It has never ever been so smooth and pores are so much less visible. I am switching between those two every other day. I am so happy that I finally discovered something that is working for this type of skin, and yes, I will repurchase as soon as I run out of it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

5 years ago

So far I like this it has replaced my Peter Thomas Roth Acid gel I use it at night layered with other products, its helped clear up some congestion I have in my chin and nose area. The price and quantity is much better then the PTR acid gel I was using.

About reviewer (223 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Other

5 years ago

An excellent product, through and through. An incredible exfoliant and doesn't agitate my skin. Keeps my skin clear and smooth and lightens dark spots(sunspots/ance spots). Love it! The texture is a sticky gel, which was little strange at first, but it dries rapidly. The smell is acidic (surprise) but it isnt offensive. I only uses this at night. I've gone through several bottles and I'm sure I will go through many more. Total holy grail!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium