John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

on 12/31/2017 7:28:00 PM

I'm surprised I have never reviewed this before. I have been through so many bottles, used it with many different shampoos, and been very happy with it. It was just a nice, light cream rinse with a lovely, light scent that didn't annoy me. It was good for my long hair, and more importantly, it did not make my skin break out! Because I am one of those people who breaks out if I use products with silicone, and this didn't have silicones. Apparently, they have reformulated it with dimethicone high on the ingredients list, and I am scared to buy it again. I have been to several local Whole Foods trying to buy up the older version, but alas! Bummed.

I would have given it a five in the old days, but now I just don't think it will work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I start to think that I should stay away from natural/organic beauty products since I've tried many but none of them was ever worked for me...
This one is another failure.
It doesn't detangle my hair, I even think it tangles it more.
It does a poor job as conditioner and weights my thin hair down. It's way too heavy for my hair, I can't imagine how it can be live-in product since I can't leave it for more than a minute without a feeling that five minutes rinse afterward does nothing to remove this product from my head.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with the smell, its luxurious and uplifting at the same time. Also it detangles and conditions lightly in a non-greasy way which is what I look for in a detangler! I would say it's medium weight so it could be too much for super fine/thin hair and maybe not enough for super coarse/dry hair?

on 4/27/2016 8:18:00 PM

I must say I had higher expectations.

My hair always used to tangle easily but most of conditioners were successful in detangling it. However in the last year it changed: I could not detangle it so I got this product.

I had some initial success and helped me somewhat in detangling but not completely and the hair gets entangled over and over again. It is OK for softness. No particular volume or anti-frizz effects.

on 4/19/2016 10:12:00 AM

Funny thing is it reads just a "detangler" and I find it to be one of the best heavy-duty conditioning treatments! I absolutely love the ingredients' list: the fact that aloe vera comes first and that there are no silicones. No heavy stuff in here, but it helps tame my frizzy, fine, porous, overcoloured hair. I leave it for 2-3 minutes then rinse out. My aim is: straight, shiny hair, no frizz - and this product delivers! When I use typical repairing masks, results are similar but my hair is weighed down and quickly starts looking greasy. I never have this problem with this detangler! The scent is very gentle, I expected it to be more citrusy, though.

on 5/7/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Wow - I am so pleased with the way this smooths my dry, coarse, curly, thick hair, yet no obvious weigh-down. I can forget about blowdrying if I want a slightly wild look. A little product goes a long way and it's one luxury hair item I don't mind spending the bucks on. Worth every cent. I'd just about given up on conditioners, and then I tried JM detangler. There is also a peppermint-rosemary version which is also wonderful.
In fact, I am using almost all JM products, from shampoo to body wash to serum.

NIce flip-up bottle cap and totally recyclable bottle.

on 1/15/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Simply the best conditioner. It makes my hair feel soft and "conditioned," as it should! I pair it with JM Rosemary shampoo, and it always produces great results. My favorite of all of the everyday hair conditioners I've tried, both normal and organic. If you want a deep conditioning treatment, try something stronger. But for everyday use, this is exactly what I need. (I have normal, uncolored hair)

on 11/10/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this conditioner. I have a lot of fine hair and as a leave-in this makes my hair too oily (even if I use just a little bit), but as a rinse out it is perfect. It detangles without making my hair too heavy.
Another pro, it is Organic without nasty ingredients. The only con is the price, 20 euro in The Netherlands.
Update 12/28: after adding some highlights in my hair, it became very dry. With this hair condition, this conditioner worked best as a leave-in.

One of the few products I would go out of my way to not recommend. It has a nice scent, and I appreciate that it's not tested on animals. But that's where its good qualities end. My hair gets greasy almost immediately after conditioning with this, but it gives very little shine, softness, or slip. My biggest complaint would be how tangled my hair is in comparison to other conditioners. I've been looking for the perfect not-tested-on-animals, well-reviewed-on-skin-deep conditioner for awhile now. while some haven't given great results, this is the only one I wouldn't even suggest trying.

Soo glad a friend of mine who is also obsessed with all natural hair care recommended this as a conditioner as honestly I would have never thought to buy it since I thought it was a leave-in. I already love John Masters products and use many of them for my skincare which I have switched to only natural items as well. This conditioner isn't the typical heavy mask (gel cream like consistancy) I am used to but honestly I just love all the amazing ingredients and really feel it over time does soo much for your scalp and hair. I use this with my Enjoy SLS Free Hydrating Shampoo and my hair is in amazing shape. I also love that this is so slim and great for travel and can double as a leave-in cream if I need to. Also smells amazing and really is worth the price and will last as long as you don't go crazy using half the bottle trying to get this to be a deep conditioning mask as yes it's super light but I jsut alternate between this and my HG Macadamia Nut Oil Deep Repair Masque throughout the week. I have tried so many different natural shampoos and conditioners and it is definitely not easy finding something natural that also delivers results, but this Conditioner is definitely one of the best. WIll never go back to using chemicals/silicones on my face or hair again! :)