John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

This stuff detangles like a breeze and doesn't weigh my hair down. I'm a hair lover and this detangler (I use it as a rinse out conditioner) ranks in my top 5. It's expensive but you only need a tiny amount and it delivers results.

I have thin fine hair and for years it's been so dry I can barely brush it due to vitamin deficiencies and other gut problems that have affected my once beautiful hair. I bought this due to the good reviews and excellent ingredient list. I have had such a difficult time finding a detangler/conditioner that actually detangles and hydrates my tangled and uber dry hair. I don't know what some of these bad reviews are about, but this detangler/conditoner is seriously AMAZING. I use it as a conditioner, leave it on for 3-5 minutes, then I wash out and it leaves my hair so silky, smooth. and almost completely tangle free! It is seriously the ONLY conditioner I have found that literally does most all of the detangling for me and boy, I've been through so many natural detanglers and conditioners these last 5 years. I'm not a fan of the price, but it works so well it's worth it. I am stocking up. I can't be without this!

on 12/31/2017 7:28:00 PM

I'm surprised I have never reviewed this before. I have been through so many bottles, used it with many different shampoos, and been very happy with it. It was just a nice, light cream rinse with a lovely, light scent that didn't annoy me. It was good for my long hair, and more importantly, it did not make my skin break out! Because I am one of those people who breaks out if I use products with silicone, and this didn't have silicones. Apparently, they have reformulated it with dimethicone high on the ingredients list, and I am scared to buy it again. I have been to several local Whole Foods trying to buy up the older version, but alas! Bummed.

I would have given it a five in the old days, but now I just don't think it will work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I start to think that I should stay away from natural/organic beauty products since I've tried many but none of them was ever worked for me...
This one is another failure.
It doesn't detangle my hair, I even think it tangles it more.
It does a poor job as conditioner and weights my thin hair down. It's way too heavy for my hair, I can't imagine how it can be live-in product since I can't leave it for more than a minute without a feeling that five minutes rinse afterward does nothing to remove this product from my head.

on 3/31/2017 11:31:00 PM

This is by far the best leave in I have ever used. I also use it as a detangler and it's great, but it's just so much better as a leave in. I have waist length wavy hair and I apply a quarter size amount to my damp hair and let it air dry and it adds so much moisture and a bit of texture and light hold. I love the smell and the ingredients are pretty impressive. I have a two year old son who loves to have his hair styled and it adds just enough soft hold to last all day without having to use a hair gel with drying alcohols and chemicals on his sensitive skin. It's been a great buy even if it's got a bit of a higher price tag it's definitely worth the $$.

Got a sample of this from Ulta & I swear it's one of the best leave in conditioners I've ever used (and I've tried a lot.) My other faves are Paul Mitchell & Morrocan Oil. This John Masters rates right up there -maybe even bumped those other two down. It smells great too. I'm not a big fan of neroli but this is very pleasant. I'm definitely looking to buy a full size when this sample runs out -I was actually a little worried that I might not be able to find it! Glad to see it's not some one off product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with the smell, its luxurious and uplifting at the same time. Also it detangles and conditions lightly in a non-greasy way which is what I look for in a detangler! I would say it's medium weight so it could be too much for super fine/thin hair and maybe not enough for super coarse/dry hair?

on 5/24/2016 10:58:00 AM

Considering this is billed as a lightweight detangler, I found it somewhat heavy. I like it and will continue to use it on days that my hair needs a lot of conditioning, but I don't love it.

It does smell really nice, a light neroli smell.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a very lightweight conditioner with a soft scent of orange blossom. Smells like orange blossom water that I use for cooking. I liked the natural list of ingredients but this product did nothing for my fine, dry hair at all. It did not even detangle my hair which most basic conditioners can do. This product is also so thin and that I needed to use a lot of it. Left my hair feeling dry and frizzy.

on 4/27/2016 8:18:00 PM

I must say I had higher expectations.

My hair always used to tangle easily but most of conditioners were successful in detangling it. However in the last year it changed: I could not detangle it so I got this product.

I had some initial success and helped me somewhat in detangling but not completely and the hair gets entangled over and over again. It is OK for softness. No particular volume or anti-frizz effects.

Popular Conditioners