John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

3.8

on 12/31/2017 7:28:00 PM

I'm surprised I have never reviewed this before. I have been through so many bottles, used it with many different shampoos, and been very happy with it. It was just a nice, light cream rinse with a lovely, light scent that didn't annoy me. It was good for my long hair, and more importantly, it did not make my skin break out! Because I am one of those people who breaks out if I use products with silicone, and this didn't have silicones. Apparently, they have reformulated it with dimethicone high on the ingredients list, and I am scared to buy it again. I have been to several local Whole Foods trying to buy up the older version, but alas! Bummed.

I would have given it a five in the old days, but now I just don't think it will work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I start to think that I should stay away from natural/organic beauty products since I've tried many but none of them was ever worked for me...
This one is another failure.
It doesn't detangle my hair, I even think it tangles it more.
It does a poor job as conditioner and weights my thin hair down. It's way too heavy for my hair, I can't imagine how it can be live-in product since I can't leave it for more than a minute without a feeling that five minutes rinse afterward does nothing to remove this product from my head.

on 4/27/2016 8:18:00 PM

I must say I had higher expectations.

My hair always used to tangle easily but most of conditioners were successful in detangling it. However in the last year it changed: I could not detangle it so I got this product.

I had some initial success and helped me somewhat in detangling but not completely and the hair gets entangled over and over again. It is OK for softness. No particular volume or anti-frizz effects.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Okay, I guess. Hasn't made any great impression on me or my hair.

on 1/27/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been trying to shorten my shower routine, and I have been trying to switch over to all natural/organic beauty products. So when it came time to buy a new conditioner, this seemed like the perfect choice. I use it as a leave-in. It is pricey; there's no denying that, but I use such a small amount that I expect the 8 oz. bottle to last at least 3 months. I have very thick/frizzy/wavy chest-length hair.

I think part of the reason I love this so much is that it does exactly what it says it will do. It detangles my hair and conditions it. My hair felt softer after only the first use. It is by no means a miracle product though. I've seen reviews where people say they're disappointed because it doesn't tame their frizz. Where does it say frizz tamer? It's a leave-in conditioner. That's it. It's not an oil or a serum or a cream or anything meant to tame frizz or give you bouncy curls. You will have to use other products with this. That being said, this product does what it says it will do well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is what it says it is, a detangler. It's not a heavy-duty conditioner, and I know back when I had a full head of highlights this would have had a conditioning impact of zero, but on natural hair it's perfect and just what I need for detangling and keeping static at bay. I use it with the Zinc & Sage shampoo and I think I'm on my fourth bottle. I'll definitely keep repurchasing it. I adore the citrus-y fragrance too!

on 1/15/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Simply the best conditioner. It makes my hair feel soft and "conditioned," as it should! I pair it with JM Rosemary shampoo, and it always produces great results. My favorite of all of the everyday hair conditioners I've tried, both normal and organic. If you want a deep conditioning treatment, try something stronger. But for everyday use, this is exactly what I need. (I have normal, uncolored hair)

on 11/10/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this conditioner. I have a lot of fine hair and as a leave-in this makes my hair too oily (even if I use just a little bit), but as a rinse out it is perfect. It detangles without making my hair too heavy.
Another pro, it is Organic without nasty ingredients. The only con is the price, 20 euro in The Netherlands.
Update 12/28: after adding some highlights in my hair, it became very dry. With this hair condition, this conditioner worked best as a leave-in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is literally what it claims to be: a detangler. Aside from the divine smell and texture, it really allows me to brush my wet hair super smoothly. It also works well in treating and preventing split ends. It is perfect when used in conjunction with the Lavender and Rosemary Shampoo from the same brand. Some people use it as a leave-on conditioner but I find this usage to be too heavy on my hair, it kind of leaves it greasy, so I prefer to rinse the product off after a few minutes from the application. Expensive (16) but worh every penn. I honestly don't think there will ever be a better conditioner out there. Will repurchase again and again!

on 1/13/2010 2:11:00 PM

This worked wonders the first time I used it but now that I'm half way done with the bottle, I seem to have a lot of build up. I use it in the shower and as a leave in on my ends so perhaps I'm overdoing it somewhere. I plan to lighten up and be more diligent about my once weekly vinegar rinse. Hopefully that will do the trick.