Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Ponds Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

This is a wonderful barrier cream with multiple uses that is easily accessible at a stupidly low price. It acts as a decent budget eye cream if you are in your 20s and don't need anti-aging products yet or simply don't want to blow $50+ on a tiny pot of fancy eye cream from the department store. I've been using this on my eyes for a week and have noticed my undereye area appears a little plumper and well... moisturized. I've also been using this as a sealant cream to lock in my face oils before bedtime and it's been working fine for that purpose as well. It is also a handy spot treatment cream for specified areas that are suffering from dryness and flakiness during the winter months like between the eyebrows and around the mouth/nose. I also use it on elbows, knees etc..

I wouldn't necessarily slather this stuff all over my face on a daily basis because it's a little heavy and I can imagine it would clog pores. All being said it's a cult classic cream that comes in a large jar that costs $5. What's not to like?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't leave this on as a facial moisturizer, I only use it as a makeup remover. It works very well. I've tried it as a moisturizer but it was just too heavy. It made me break out. I like using it to keep all my tattoos moisturized though. I wouldn't recommend it for a new tattoo during the healing process, but when used on old and healed up tattoos, it keeps them looking vivid.

on 11/22/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would only buy this again for my legs. The smell is amazing and it makes them very soft. It is soothing to apply!

As for the face this is horrible. It breaks me out in acne and makes my face red with continued use (probably from the fragrance.)
At first, I thought wow a product with fragrance that doesn't redden my skin....well I was wrong (that was only after first night of use!) Also makes milia worse. I should have known though...because heavy products tend to do that.

on 11/17/2017 1:32:00 PM

what a suprize! i never even considered to buy this because i thought it was too "cheap". welll it is inexpensive but the results it gives are great. its totally smoothed out my fine lines and wrinkles. now i dont have a ton but they were showing up, to my dismay, but this works!
it has a fragrance does fade after a bit wish they had fragrwnce free but oh well takes a little bit too absorb but once it does.... great results plus so cheap youll actually put some on your neck.... now when's the last time you actually did that?! not sure for people with acne or anything but if your skin is dry or "nornal" its great.

Love this stuff! I have combination skin that is maturing (I’m 41) and this cream really keeps my skin hydrated, plump looking and doesn’t break me out at all. I use this in the evening in conjunction with tea tree oil on the areas I tend to break out and haven’t had a better looking complexion. I have spent so much money over the years on skin care, anti-aging, etc. and I’m so happy to find such an effective product that is so inexpensive too. Sometimes it’s better to keep it simple. Also, while some people think it smells like old lady, I think the scent is mild and soothing.

on 10/13/2017 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This moisturizer has definitely helped my face out during the brutal dry winter months. My face absorbs this cream immediately and my skin definitely feels smoother and healthier after several nights use. You can wear this under makeup too as there's no white cast and doesn't mix badly with makeup. Love this so much. Please don't ever discontinue this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For what this is, it's excellent. A nice, occlusive cream.

About two weeks ago I was at CVS and saw a little tub of this and remembered how I read pin ups used to use it and said, why not? And promptly placed it in my basket.

My skin is very picky and very break out prone so I wouldn't be able to use this as a face moisturizer, so I only use this on my neck and chest. After cleansing at night, I put moisturizer on with antioxidants or actives and then I follow up with this on top. So nice! My skin feels and looks so moisturized.

I remember sniffing this years ago at my friend's house and it had a really, really strong scent but my new jar doesn't smell that strong but it does smell really nice. For sanitary reasons, I always scoop out a little with a qtip, not a big deal at all. I will be repurchasing this.

on 8/21/2017 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Just not doing it for me. I have really dry, sensitive skin but this is so greasy and heavy even when using just a small amount. Never really absorbed. Felt like it was riding on top of my skin. Light smell which I didn't find offensive and didn't set off my sensitive skin but this does not work for me as either a day or night cream. Will use up the jar on heels, elbows and various other dry spots but would not repurchase.

on 7/17/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(Normal to dry skin, no acne or other issues)

This is a good, basic barrier cream. Simple.
The actives in my routine are Tretinoin, C E Ferulic, and occasional Mandelic acid peels. I don't look for a cream to do anything but moisturize, protect and seal.
This does a great job at that, for cheap. One tub will last just about forever.
It's thick and rich and contains mineral oil. If your skin doesn't doesn't respond well to these types of creams, avoid it. My skin is left a bit dry and sensitive from the actives in my routine, and a few nights a week I'll layer a bit of this on over my face oil blend as a last step before bed. It works for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up while on the hunt for their cold cream cleanser and I actually totally fell in love. I have dry, sensitive skin that is acne prone and my skin care regimen is really complicated to keep my skin happy. This definitely doesn't upset my skin and it moisturizes and hydrates so well i don't need to put oil over it. My other (HG) moisturizer is cosmetic lad from LUSH (25$) which is better for the skin and helps calm down any acne and texture, but this is what I use when my skin is looking pretty good, so i'm not going through the LUSH one so fast. Overall, I highly recommend if you have dry/sensitive skin and it's only 6$ at Walmart.

Update: I like it, but I think it clogs my pores and breaks me out due to the mineral oil content which is rather disappointing. I will continue using it on my body and hands, however.