Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Ponds Dry Skin Cream
image 1image 2image 3

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

I used it ONCE, and I had 2 cysts the next morning. I spread it out relatively thinly, and it felt great (a bit greasy, but it made my skin SOOOO soft), but the very next morning I had a huge cyst on my forehead, and one on my cheek. Returned ASAP and switched to the Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream, and that's working much better for my ultra-sensitive skin.

on 7/3/2016 1:26:00 PM

Products Used Up: 1

This cream really did nothing for my terribly dry skin the winter. No matter how much I pile on, I can be guaranteed that I'll wake up to face of flaky dead skin the next morning.

I also wasn't much of a fan of how thick this felt on my skin.

To Read all 596 Reviews, Login or Join

I used this when I was staying at a friend's house. It was the middle of winter and the heating at her house sucked every ounce of moisture out of my skin, hair, body and I had forgotten to pack my moisturizer. She's not a girly girl and only had this as an option so I had to use it. First thing I noticed was the smell. I can't handle the strong smell. Also my skin felt coated and the cream felt super heavy though it did protect me from turning into a mummy. My skin reacts right away by breaking out and though I only used this for one night, it didn't seem to cause any irritation so that's a plus. Would not use this for myself except if I needed a heavy duty skin protectant in the middle of a heavy duty winter.

on 5/28/2016 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i have combination skin. My t-zone is oily, while the rest of my face is normal. I used to never use moisturizer because i never really felt the need for it, but my skin started getting dry patches, so i started experimenting. A few people i know swear by a lot of Ponds products, so i bought the moisturizer. It helped a lot with my dry patches given that i no longer have any. Its a thick moisturizer, which i would usually stay away from, but i actually like the thickness of it. It does leave me looking a little shiny, so i use it at night. I do notice that if i use it everyday my skin get a bit oilier than normal and i get one or two blemishes, so i try to use it every other day or so.Not crazy about the packaging because i think a pump is always helpful, but im indifferent about it. Honestly, for the price (payed like 4 bucks) i think it's a really good product.

on 5/16/2016 10:30:00 PM

Since Ponds is considered a great brand, I never really associated this product with the absolutely disgusting acne I have had on my face for the past 5 months since I started using this every night. I have sensitive skin but didn't really this this would cause this to occur. Literally had destroyed my face and has given me the worst acne I have had in my life.

If you suffer from dry flaky patches especially in the winterm I really recommend this stuff. I have dry skin year round so it hydrates amazingly, but if you have regular to oily skin I would only recommend using it on those patches in the winter. It's very nice and thick and hydrates, it probably is thick enough to clog pores which may cause a break out. That's why it's called dry skin cream and so it's amazing for dry skin!

on 3/5/2016 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Breakouts.

on 2/29/2016 9:02:00 PM

I love this cream it's my favorite night cream everyone in my family uses it we all look young

on 2/20/2016 9:49:00 PM

I've basically given up on all other products in favour of using a simple and effective routine of Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser Moisturizing Deep Cleanser, and this - their Dry Skin Cream.

At the time I turned to these products my face was a flipping mess. I was using a retinol-based line and a bunch of other products here and there that I liked. I didn't really connect that I was probably having a retinol issue (omg why anyone would put themselves through that!) At one point my face just got so hard and dry and rough and congested I was turning to more and more ways to keep it clean and exfoliated and that just made things worse and acne was starting to threaten, which I've never had before. This was insane.

I just wanted something super moisturizing and hopefully inexpensive that actually worked instead of trying another line, and another expensive cream that did butkus. MUA'ers loved the Dry Skin Cream so I thought I'd try it along with the cleanser. They had them on sale, and bundled in a 2-for. So affordable!

As soon as I used them - ahhhhhh. My skin felt soft and smooth and protected and strong and plump and happy. Immediately.

This was months ago and I've not looked back. This simple product with its simple ingredients has just been what my skin wanted - to be left alone with minimal interference to balance itself out. I'm so happy!

I use it day and night. Sometime in the evening I'll layer with a facial treatment oil, and use SPF over it for the day.

on 1/29/2016 1:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Broke me out...way too thick for day time