Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Ponds Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 4/15/2017 5:08:00 PM

I've been using this since I was 13 years old and my mother used it since she was a teen she is in her 70s and looks like a lady in her 50s the few wrinkles she has are not noticeable and she just got them in her 70s and haven't used any other cream only ponds. I have dry skin and this has always been good at taking care of my skin and performed so much better than anything else, my expensive creams don't hydrate my skin the way this does and I always end up looking dry and gross so the ponds is the best for me anyways and looking at my mothers skin it works at preventing aging skin. It's cheap and lasts along time it goes well under makeup and smells fine

on 4/6/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used this for decades. It was one thing that hadn't changed too much but the latest jar I opened is different. It is thicker and it smells different. It is less moisturizing. Now I have to go out and look for some old stock and hope this is just a bad batch and not a formula change. Normally I rate this a 5 but because this one is substandard I have to rate it a 3. I'll keep buying it only if I can find a source of the old formula.

on 3/24/2017 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this face cream. I have dry, very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I had very oily skin until a couple years ago when I started using a prescription retinoid cream for my acne. It dried out my skin like you would not believe. I am perpetually peeling around my chin, nose, and mouth, even limiting my acne cream to only once a week.

I have used Cetaphil, Aveeno, St. Ives, Lancome, you name it, and I even resorted to rubbing Aquaphor on my face in a desperate attempt to stop the dryness and peeling. This cream is the only thing that really moisturizes my skin. I use it at night, and use a lighter moisturizer with SPF in the mornings. It is pretty heavy, and if you are sensitive to fragrances I would avoid this cream. It is heavily scented, but I like it.

I have seen some people on here say they won't use this because it has mineral oil in it. Mineral oil is actually very good for your skin--don't be afraid of it! The molecules are too big to clog your pores. I have very acne prone skin, and this cream has never made me break out.

If I'm being very picky, I would say that I would prefer this in a tube or a pump versus a jar, for hygiene reasons. But I only use this after I've washed my face, so my hands are clean anyways.

This product is great! Definitely would only recommend as a night cream though, your poor skin would probably crisp if you wore this in the sun. This stuff is great! I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and this hydrates my skin and makes it feel sooo smooth while applying and in the morning. It's a rich, inexpensive cream and AMAZING if you have sensitive skin. This did not break me out and it's hypoallergenic. Definitely a HG of drug-store creams. It's not anti-wrinkle or anything, but I'm 19 and don't really care about that just yet! It makes my skin plump and beautiful. So cheap, smells powdery, and the packaging is actually adorable and long-lasting!

Update: This product moisturizes well, but it contains mineral oil, which is really not goo

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this because I have combination skin. My t-zone is oily, but underneath my cheekbones is dry, and so is my chin sometimes, and as well as under my eyes. I looked up reviews prior to buying this and saw way more positive than negative and so many people swore by it so I thought I'd give it a try.

First of all it is thick and moisturizing. However, it just wasn't doing it for me. It makes my skin look greasy after applying it. It may have also added to my breakouts, but I can't be sure.

I use it on select parts of my face, and as a hand cream until it's gone, but am likely not going to buy it again.

on 12/30/2016 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

To preface, I have incredibly dry skin and live in a cold climate. I love La Mer regardless of what Beautypedia says, because it is the only product that I can use that prevents my winter skin from literally peeling. Ponds is a good back up solution at a remarkably good price. The jar lasts a long time, is very moisturizing (though not a miracle worker), and I often layer it on when my skin is very dry, and use it as a moisturizing mask before rubbing in. As previously stated, my skin is very dry, so I often layer my Ponds cream with Marula oil, which I find to be satisfactory. Of course there is no SPF, but I guess you can't have it all. In the interest of saving myself hundreds of dollars on La Mer, I will alternate both creams until I am out, and will undoubtedly repurchase the inexpensive and practical Ponds.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

First and foremost, this moisturizer is AMAZEBALLS! I live in El Salvador (Central America), it's hot and humid year-round and I have really oily and acne-prone skin. I think you got the picture. This helps my skin stay moisturized and with a healthy glow. I find that it's a bit heavy but you can let it sink for about 5 minutes, then blot the excess and VOILA! Good to go. I use it at nighttime and during the day and it doesn't break me out at all, it's pure heaven and for the price... you can't beat that EVER.

on 11/11/2016 11:20:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff, i got it about a month ago and despite having the smaller size, 6.5oz, it looks like i've barely used any. That's with using it one my neck as well as my face. While i haven't got many wrinkles yet, there are a few fine lines under my eyes and tiny ones on my forehead, this really has helped soften them sooooo much.

This moisturizer broke me out so badly. It took me about two months to figure out this was causing all of the unusual cysts I was getting on my face. I was nearly ready to go to the dermatologist, but as a last resort I decided to switch back to my Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer. Lo and behold, the breakouts stopped and the huge zits I had are finally healing. This product probably works for some people but it's too much for my sensitive skin.

Side note: this stuff has a weird scent. I'm not big on scented lotions for my face. Also stays pretty greasy.

on 9/12/2016 9:55:00 PM

Great product for the money. Super moisturizing, a product that I always go back to. It has really helped my dry, acne prone skin. Just keep in mind that it is a heavy moisturizer and does not absorb quickly.