Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Ponds Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 11/17/2017 1:32:00 PM

what a suprize! i never even considered to buy this because i thought it was too "cheap". welll it is inexpensive but the results it gives are great. its totally smoothed out my fine lines and wrinkles. now i dont have a ton but they were showing up, to my dismay, but this works!
it has a fragrance does fade after a bit wish they had fragrwnce free but oh well takes a little bit too absorb but once it does.... great results plus so cheap youll actually put some on your neck.... now when's the last time you actually did that?! not sure for people with acne or anything but if your skin is dry or "nornal" its great.

Love this stuff! I have combination skin that is maturing (I’m 41) and this cream really keeps my skin hydrated, plump looking and doesn’t break me out at all. I use this in the evening in conjunction with tea tree oil on the areas I tend to break out and haven’t had a better looking complexion. I have spent so much money over the years on skin care, anti-aging, etc. and I’m so happy to find such an effective product that is so inexpensive too. Sometimes it’s better to keep it simple. Also, while some people think it smells like old lady, I think the scent is mild and soothing.

on 8/21/2017 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Just not doing it for me. I have really dry, sensitive skin but this is so greasy and heavy even when using just a small amount. Never really absorbed. Felt like it was riding on top of my skin. Light smell which I didn't find offensive and didn't set off my sensitive skin but this does not work for me as either a day or night cream. Will use up the jar on heels, elbows and various other dry spots but would not repurchase.

on 7/17/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(Normal to dry skin, no acne or other issues)

This is a good, basic barrier cream. Simple.
The actives in my routine are Tretinoin, C E Ferulic, and occasional Mandelic acid peels. I don't look for a cream to do anything but moisturize, protect and seal.
This does a great job at that, for cheap. One tub will last just about forever.
It's thick and rich and contains mineral oil. If your skin doesn't doesn't respond well to these types of creams, avoid it. My skin is left a bit dry and sensitive from the actives in my routine, and a few nights a week I'll layer a bit of this on over my face oil blend as a last step before bed. It works for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For what this is, it's excellent. A nice, occlusive cream.

About two weeks ago I was at CVS and saw a little tub of this and remembered how I read pin ups used to use it and said, why not? And promptly placed it in my basket.

My skin is very picky and very break out prone so I wouldn't be able to use this as a face moisturizer, so I only use this on my neck and chest. After cleansing at night, I put moisturizer on with antioxidants or actives and then I follow up with this on top. So nice! My skin feels and looks so moisturized.

I remember sniffing this years ago at my friend's house and it had a really, really strong scent but my new jar doesn't smell that strong but it does smell really nice. For sanitary reasons, I always scoop out a little with a qtip, not a big deal at all. I will be repurchasing this.

on 10/13/2017 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This moisturizer has definitely helped my face out during the brutal dry winter months. My face absorbs this cream immediately and my skin definitely feels smoother and healthier after several nights use. You can wear this under makeup too as there's no white cast and doesn't mix badly with makeup. Love this so much. Please don't ever discontinue this!

on 4/6/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used this for decades. It was one thing that hadn't changed too much but the latest jar I opened is different. It is thicker and it smells different. It is less moisturizing. Now I have to go out and look for some old stock and hope this is just a bad batch and not a formula change. Normally I rate this a 5 but because this one is substandard I have to rate it a 3. I'll keep buying it only if I can find a source of the old formula.

Update: there was no old stock. Every store in my city had the new ones. I've switched to Aveeno for daily use. The reason I used Pond's Dry Skin cream ever is that my mother used it and I first tried it when I was ten. My mom had beautiful skin her whole life. I well remember the smell and texture of it and this is not it, so it no longer evokes those memories. I use it when I have seriously dry skin but not every day. In fact, Aquaphor is better for dry skin and has no smell. Since this Pond's doesn't have the authentic smell or feel, what is the point? I hate it when formulas change for products that are decades old. What's the big problem with keeping it the way it was?

on 3/24/2017 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this face cream. I have dry, very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I had very oily skin until a couple years ago when I started using a prescription retinoid cream for my acne. It dried out my skin like you would not believe. I am perpetually peeling around my chin, nose, and mouth, even limiting my acne cream to only once a week.

I have used Cetaphil, Aveeno, St. Ives, Lancome, you name it, and I even resorted to rubbing Aquaphor on my face in a desperate attempt to stop the dryness and peeling. This cream is the only thing that really moisturizes my skin. I use it at night, and use a lighter moisturizer with SPF in the mornings. It is pretty heavy, and if you are sensitive to fragrances I would avoid this cream. It is heavily scented, but I like it.

I have seen some people on here say they won't use this because it has mineral oil in it. Mineral oil is actually very good for your skin--don't be afraid of it! The molecules are too big to clog your pores. I have very acne prone skin, and this cream has never made me break out.

If I'm being very picky, I would say that I would prefer this in a tube or a pump versus a jar, for hygiene reasons. But I only use this after I've washed my face, so my hands are clean anyways.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up while on the hunt for their cold cream cleanser and I actually totally fell in love. I have dry, sensitive skin that is acne prone and my skin care regimen is really complicated to keep my skin happy. This definitely doesn't upset my skin and it moisturizes and hydrates so well i don't need to put oil over it. My other (HG) moisturizer is cosmetic lad from LUSH (25$) which is better for the skin and helps calm down any acne and texture, but this is what I use when my skin is looking pretty good, so i'm not going through the LUSH one so fast. Overall, I highly recommend if you have dry/sensitive skin and it's only 6$ at Walmart.

Update: I like it, but I think it clogs my pores and breaks me out due to the mineral oil content which is rather disappointing. I will continue using it on my body and hands, however.

on 4/15/2017 5:08:00 PM

I've been using this since I was 13 years old and my mother used it since she was a teen she is in her 70s and looks like a lady in her 50s the few wrinkles she has are not noticeable and she just got them in her 70s and haven't used any other cream only ponds. I have dry skin and this has always been good at taking care of my skin and performed so much better than anything else, my expensive creams don't hydrate my skin the way this does and I always end up looking dry and gross so the ponds is the best for me anyways and looking at my mothers skin it works at preventing aging skin. It's cheap and lasts along time it goes well under makeup and smells fine

Popular Moisturizers