Merle Norman Miracol creamy formula revitalizing cream

Merle Norman Miracol creamy formula revitalizing cream

4.5

Water, dextrin, albumen, sodium borate, fragrance, sambucus nigra flower powder, red 28 (CI 45410), diazolidinyl urea, yellow 5 (CI 19140), sodium hydroxide, trisodium edta 120905

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this mask! It actually feels like it doing something for your complexion other than feeling a slight "pull" as it dries as with other masks and clay packs. This was the first product I have tried from the MN line. I bought it to try the MN line. I apply it to cleansed skin, let it dry for 15 - 20 minutes, remove with a wash cloth and plenty of warm water. I like to wet a wash cloth w/ hot water, wring it out until damp and apply to my face and neck. Allowing the moisture and warmth to soften it. Then I splash w/ warm water and wipe/ splash w/ water until it is completely removed. Then I apply whatever treatments/ moisturizers my skin needs. My next MN product to try is the classic cleansing cream, the original version of the Miracol and the booster that is available as a add in to the mask.
The product is very strongly scented - like pine cleaner but I don't mind it. It leaves your skin so soft and smooth, pores are very refined. Your complexion is definitely brighter. I would repurchase. The only complaint I have is that the Merle Norman products are hard to find - at least in the state I live in. I purchased the mask when I was traveling out of state on business when I had a free afternoon for shopping.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this. I have a small tube (I'd guess it's 1 oz), that I got from my grandmother.shes always used Merle Norman, when she has the money to get it. Anyway, this product is a mask, comes out of the tube a pink gel. It goes on thin, and yes, smells like pinesol or furniture polish or something. It dries really stiff on my face, and I like to joke with my husband and kids about how it looks when I move my facial muscles, because it makes me look really old with huge wrinkles (while it's on). I leave it on my face for 10-15 minutes and wash it off. Afterwards, my skin looks fresh and clean, very fresh actually. My pores appear much smaller (I'm almost 35 and I have very large pores on my cheeks) and my skin feels soft and looks smooth. I don't know if continuous use will give long term benefits, but it's nice for what it does, and at least it actually does something, when several masks I've used before seemed to do absolutely nothing. This produces immediate results, and we all love those. I don't know what she paid for this, so I can't say if it's worth it exactly, but it's definitely a nice product. I use it once a week or so and I'm considering doing it more often due to the fact that it seems to shrink my horrible crater sized pores down. It doesn't quite make them small as regular pores, but smaller than they were before using it. I would reccomend this product.

To Read all 59 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first wanted to purchase this, the salesperson asked if I wanted to OG or the new version. OG version is a lotion type, the new version is in the squeeze tube. I bought the new version.

At first, it was great this mask helped speed up the process and remove clogged pores before becoming inflamed. If it wasn't for this mask, I wouldn't be able to remove nasty gunk from clogged pores around my nose. Unfortunately, my face was getting worse before it got better due to other problems that subsurfaced into cystic acne and papules. Frustrated, because I started getting cystic acne on my eyebrows as well as painful papules between the jawline and cheekbone. I caved in and bought tea tree oil to use after this mask. It is day three of using the tea tree oil, on day two I used the mask as well as tea tree oil. I can see the itchiness has been relieved and cystic acne has been decreased significantly.

Some people have better luck with using Miracol alone, however I found using it in conjunction with tea tree oil helps combat itchiness, dryness, and cystic acne.

Overall, I recommend this if you use powder or foundation makeup on a regular a daily basis. You use this once a week. Yes, the mask does smell like pinesol, and when you squeeze it out the tube it looks pink but goes on clear. There are also little exfoliating beads in the mask.

I am a new member and read all the reviews of this product. I noticed several negative responses to the smell. Personally, I don't mind it at all. We have to remember that the current trend in cosmetics is either odor free or herbal/ fruity. Marketing gurus have convinced many that these are the only acceptable options. The product is great in that it diminishes enlarged pores and other bleminishes! I have used it off and on for 5 decades. I say "off and on" because I love cosmetics and have tried many other skin care products. This is the one that I turn to again and again. It calms my Rosecea also.

I use this about 1 x a week. The only time I step it up is when I have been away from it for awhile and need a quick fix to get my skin back in shape. Then I use it every other day for 2-3 weeks. I always apply a THIN coat of MN Cleansing Cream first, leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes, then apply MN Powderbase.

on 12/14/2014 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have used since I was 13. I am now 71. Yeas I started in the 50's when it first came out. I love this product. It is the best there is on the market.

This is my favorite mask. It offends/stimulates the senses like no other. Its highly scented-like strong pinesol and suntan lotion mixed together. Makes me want to scrub a beach house somewhere in my bathing suit.
It (almost) hurts. This mask gets tight! Dont smile, frown etc for 15 mins or it will crack your face. The best part is that is actually works. I know its just egg white and a couple other things, but it does work. This was part of Merle Normans original “Three Steps to Beauty” of Miracol, Cold Cream and Powder Base. I have all 3 and it is my favorite routine. I found an old pamphlet on how it was originally used and its a little different than the instructions now.
Original instructions from the 50's:
1)Apply cold cream in generous dots to face and neck. Leave on a few seconds and tissue off. Reapply cold cream to same area, do not tissue off before using Miracol
2) Apply Miracol evenly over face with fingertips. Avoid hairline, eyes and lips. Leave on for 15 mins or until dry. Rinse with cool water or tepid water. Pat dry
3) Apply a thin layer of Powder Base after using Miracol. Always apply Powder Base after Miracol.

I actually use it this way exactly and I get the best results, I think using the cold cream and leaving some on and then applying the miracol makes it hurt less and draws out more gunk. Kinda like OCM in theory. The Powder Base is emollient enough that I do not have to use a moisturizer first and because it has zinc oxide (and alot of it) it keeps oil breakthrough in check and acne at bay. Of all the trial and error I've done, who would have thought a regime from the 1930's works best....and the current Merle Norman shops don't even advertise this, which is a shame.

on 5/20/2013 6:08:00 PM

Awesome for any skin age! To prevent sagging and to make skin refined, pores disappear, and the look/feel of glass like skin is awesome! And one of the original products of Merle Norman.

on 4/1/2013 8:39:00 PM

I bought this at the mall just to get rid of pimples and make my skin more healthy looking. I had no idea what I was buying. I got home and used it, and instantly my face was clean and smooth! I tried some on my grandpa and it even removed some of his wrinkles! My mom kept bugging me about why it was pink though. It smelled nasty. This was definitely worth it.

on 4/11/2012 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If this product is a play on the word "miracle," I understand why. After my first use, my skin was bright and blemishes were diminished. I use it as a spot treatment for blemishes when they start to appear. I love this product!

on 7/15/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this since i was a teenager (about 30 years ago) and it's fantastic in every way. I started using it as a way to control acne and probably had a total of less than 20 zits from 13 to 24. Now that I'm older I have larger pores and this product works instantly and shows long-term improvement when I do use it regularly - about 1x a week.

This product, in my opinion, is a must try if you're searching for an acne or pore solution.

Popular Face Skincare Products