Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Cream

4.3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

My holy grail night cream for dry winter months. This stuff is AMAZING. I am mid-forties with combination skin. It gets super dry in the winter and oily in the summer. Some fine lines around my eyes but overall my skin is pretty decent. I use this cream through the winter and love love love love it. It hydrates of course, but even better, it leaves my skin soft and glowing. I wish I could use it all year long because my skin looks so amazing with it, but it's really too heavy for me in the humid months. It smells like ginseng which gives me a little thrill every time I open the bottle and pat it on.

My evening routine (winter):
Double cleanse with an oil cleanser then a foaming cleanser.
2-3 times a week I do a wash-off mask (I have a bunch of these I love. Surprisingly though, as much as I love the Sulwhasoo line, I don't have great luck with their masks.)
Toner
SKII Facial Treatment Essence (somehow I have a bunch of this stuff but I think it's overhyped. I will move on to a different essence once it's gone.)
Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum
Sheet mask of some kind (my favorite sheet mask brand is WEI. Their sheets masks are AMAZING.)
Sulwhasoo Capsulized Ginseng Fortifying Serum
Arcona Gentle Solution OR Retinol
Korres brightening oil OR a sleep mask
Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream

I have a ton of different products, and often rotate them depending on what I feel like my skin needs that night. The only constants are my Sulwhasoo products: Activating Serum, Capsulized Ginseng Fortifying Serum, and Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream. At 43, I think my skin looks better than it did at 30, and I am constantly mistaken for being much younger. My 25 year old son hates it, because people either ask if I'm his sister or his girlfriend. Obviously I can't get enough of that. haha.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is actually the first richer moisturiser that I have successfully used on my acne-prone but wrinkled face and I love it. No breakouts - this is a huge thing for me as I have only been using basic Innsifree green tea moisturising lotion for the past couple of years and my skin clearly needs more than that.. Smells luxurious, works well to give me a bit suppler skin. Excellent ingredients here - no triglicerides, which my skin hates.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like this but after using the entire bottle I found no changes in my skin. In fact during the 3 months of using this my skin looked sallow, dull, tired, uneven textured, and splotchy. My Chanel Les Beige Fluid (my HG) didn't seem to look as good anymore during these months. No matter what makeup I tried i looked older. Then it occurred to me that after I had finished using my HG SK-II RNA moisturizer I had switched to this and that's when my issues started. So lo and behold i switched back to SK-II and instantly (and ladies and gents - i mean the very next morning of using my SK-II) my skin was bright, smooth, plumped, clearer, and just beautiful. Did i mention I looked younger too? My Chanel LB Fluid was again so beautiful! My entire makeup looked so much better! Never straying from my SK-II and Amore Pacific! This Sulwahsoo cream is a money wasted product for me.

When I was first introduced to this, I was wary cos people mention how rich or moisturizing it is.
I am currently using this for night and i have to say i love it. I can see the difference after a few days application. My skin is smooth and supple.
The ginseng scent smells nice too. Its easy to apply but i have to say the price is WOW!
In the event i run out, i will still purchase this as it works for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best moisturizer ever! It is a heavy, oily type cream which is extremely moisturizing. It's not necessarily for dry skin but even for oily skin. Mine is only and acne prone and this cream is my savior. I had some tiny itchy rashes on my face and when I applied the cream on that area the next day it's healed. It helped reduce my acne just a little but not magically. I use it as a night cream since it is extremely greasy and I wouldn't like it in the day time.
The price however is overwhelming. For 60ml you need 200 dollars which is definitely not affordable by everyone.
10/10 would recommend

One of the best creams I have ever used. Paired with the fortifying ginseng serum, this product works wonders to give you soft and smooth skin. Noticed that fine lines have been visibly reduced. I also noticed less redness around my nose area after using this product. Love the ginseng scent.

My skin loves Gingseng and it brings me a good result. After the night using this cream, my skin can look oily at the morning but after washing my face, it looks awesome, even tone out, clear, glowing, and hydrate all day. And even the price is high, you can use this cream alone. After washing your face in the night, just put this cream on and have a good sleep. The wrinkle becomes reduced too. Good job!

This product seems have lots of good review that makes me want to try one. Glad that I only bought the sample, 5ml I even still have some on the jar.
My skin felt moist after around 3-5 days of use at night. I use it in AM too and I religiously use it everyday. After around 2 weeks of use, my skin started to dry, flaky dry, I got some white heads, redness, my skin felt coarse and many bumps appear. These bumps are not just red but even darker. This product really dries out my skin, I think it is due to the salicylic acid. My acne dries fast at first by using this product but after a week of use, it didn't really help to dry acne (that appear after I use this product). Salicylic acid is a good ingredient for acne/whiteheads but not for everyday usage.
I gave up on this product. My acne prone skin never be this worse before, I had to go back to my EL ANR serum to fix this problem. And it does a better job to my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have oily, acne prone and sensitive skin. First, I am only use it at night, as night Cream. Later on I tried it on afternoon. unlike any other moisturizer I use, it doesn't break me out even after long hours of use. It doesn't makes my skin getting oilier too.

great product, I love love it <3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dehydrated skin - Clarins Extra Firming Cream seems to be the only cream that can quench my dehydrated skin. When I switched to the Suylwhasoo Ginseng Cream, my skin will get dehydrated after a week of use. I will then have to immediately switched back to Clarins. This went on 3 cycles and I am now totally convinced, the Ginseng Cream is not hydrating enough for me. Sorry, this does not work on me, and thus, I am appalled at the price I had paid for this. Having said my disappointment, I have to say that I do love the Ginseng smell which I find very soothing. (I have the exact experience using the Sulwhasoo Firming Cream, so I am posting the same review on the Firming Cream)