4.5

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

2 months ago

This dried out my t zone really bad to-the point its flacking.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBrown

a year ago

This is the brand I used years ago. I've tried several different brands, but I really do think this is the closest to using it from the plant. Now, I see some people saying it dried out/irritated their skin. Here's the thing with aloe vs a regular moisturizer. Aloe is moisturizing, yes. It creates a barrier on the skin that protects it. However, you really should be adding a good humectant or hydrator before you use aloe to further the absorption and moisturizing qualities. I've heard aloe itself is a humectant, but I find that alone it just is not enough to draw it in. Humectants (like glycerin or rose water) and hydrators (products containing hyaluronic acid) encourage your skin to pull moisture in from the air, or in this case the aloe you put on after it. This is REALLY important if you have dehydrated skin. If you have very oily skin, it might be dehydrated- not dry (lacking oil and water overall) but dehydrated (lacking water content on the top layers of skin so your skin produces more oil to "fix" it). This is exactly what I went through with my skin and when I started fixing the dehydration the oil production slowed significantly. Long story short- I really recommend using rosewater, glycerin or a hydrator before using aloe in general as a moisturizer. Aloe is a good moisturizer, but it's a lighter moisturizer. Great for irritated, oily, combination and acne prone skin. Possibly too light to be the only moisturizer if you have dry skin overall, but it definitely has a place in the acne/irritation sufferer's regimine! I apply a rosewater and glycerin mixture (that i buy cheaply from walmart) with a spray bottle after cleansing and toning. Then I apply my vichy mineral 89- let it absorb. Then I apply my aloe with a drop or two of grapeseed oil. It has really been helping my skin. This is the best aloe brand I have found. Yes, the colour, consistency and odour can unfortunately change sometimes. I believe it actually says that on the package because it is such a pure form of aloe (it does still have a few additives). I did have one off smelling one years ago, but I found it still worked fine.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

This is a great aloe gel, it works well on my face (where others make it red and angry), works great for burns, acne and really light moisture. My only gripe with it, is I bought the bottle, and it was kind of difficult to squeeze.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

Great product! Been using for inflamed skin, acne scarring/pigmentation for years. Really helps bring down redness and irritation after waxing or applying an intense mask. Great for those with rosacea as well. Very affordable price.

About reviewer (446 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

This is seriously THE best product ever. I don't know how I found it, but I did. I was using a sephora sheet mask my friend was telling me about and it burned my face like hell. Thank Christ I had this because I rinsed my burning face with water and used at least half of the bottle all over my face. Within the next 15 minutes my skin was instantly cooled and didn't have the allergic reaction it was going to have if I didn't use this. Moral of the story is having this is like having bread in your house. It's a staple. Allergic reaction? You need this. Sunburn (which i had over the summer and this helped)? You need this. I kind of don't value this as much as I really should, but I will be using it again religiously as a facial moisturiser. Btw, if it is a tad bit drying, not too bad but mix a tsp of this with a few drops of any oil or use this over a serum and you won't ever need to buy a moisturiser again. ALSO i mixed this with my natural yet oily sunscreen and my skin is matte all day. I LOVE THIS STUFF SERIOUSLY. - I forgot to mention that it's insanely cheap, the tube version is about $4 at my grocery store (don't go to whole foods it's too expensive) and it's worth it

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

3 years ago

My favorite brand of aloe gel. It's aloe with not much else added, especially no funny fragrance. I like the tube packaging and it is widely available at a reasonable price at health food stores. I will be repurchasing as long as they make it.

About reviewer (573 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

from

4 years ago

I have been using aloe vera for years. This summer, I have been using it more as a facial moisturizer since it's been hot and humid. Absorbs quickly and acts as a great base for sunscreen. I have normal skin that tends to become more dry in the winter so this does not cut it. I will use it all year round post-hair removal. Aloe vera is absolutely fantastic for bug bites and sunburns. The mosquitoes love me so after I get bit, I slather aloe on, and it calms the redness and itching right away. It speeds up healing time too. This is my favourite brand of aloe vera. I also use the Fruit of the Earth brand since it is cheap and readily available at Wal-Mart. The main difference find between the two is that immediately after putting the Fruit of the Earth on my face, I have to keep my eyes closed briefly since the cooling sensation tends to sting around my eye area. This does not happen with Lily of the Valley much if at all. Other than that, I think both are mostly the same in other areas. I'll use Lily more on my face and repurchase it for that. Great product that is an HG for me in many ways.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

good stuff

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairRed

from

5 years ago

Last week I had a very bad acne/rash reaction to a `higher end` brand. My skin was going crazy, blemishes, rash, redness under the skin`s surface. The next day got worse. I panicked and looked up how to naturally treat rashes and acne. Aloe came up a lot. I ran to Whole Foods and got the cheapest (?) brand, Lily of the D, thinking that `I have had tried aloe a long time ago and didn`t do much just disappeared in my skin`, so to be honest I didn`t wanna spend too much IF it didn`t work out. I also got a tea tree cleanser in a blemish kit. Anyway I ran home and put this on my face, later again, and OMG, my redness was calmed down a lot, my skin felt like `ooooh, thank you!`. Now, 2 days later my skin is almost completely clear! I can`t believe this, but yes, my skin is poreless, beautil, feels and looks healthy. I am amazed by this product! Not only I will use this for any acne or redness, but I will use this only and a cleanser, toner. Unlike the aloe I tried years ago, THIS brand is much better, it made a difference in my skin immediately and it is moisturizing enough, to a point that I don`t need a moisturizer... Under $5, and it worked (works) like a miracle. :-)))

About reviewer (184 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

6 years ago

I've gone through one tube of Lily of the Desert aloe vera gelly and am now working on my second. This is a great product for acne prone skin types. I use it morning and night under my ss/moisturizer. It really helps heal any blemishes I have faster. AND it does not clog my pores one bit or cause breakouts!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24