CeraVe Healing Ointment

CeraVe Healing Ointment
Healing Ointment

4.5

Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Panthenol, Water, L-Proline, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I consider this an upgrade to my previous HG Eucerin Aquaphor. CeraVe definitely deserves praise for its emollient packed, fragrance free formula that simultaneously soothes my chapped skin and lips.

on 5/21/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. put a thin layer on at night and wake up with soft plump skin. unfortunately all Cerave products sting my eyes (everything stings my eyes). It heals my dry hands and feet overnight,

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Phenomenal under eye treatment for AM and PM. Plumps, helps with fine lines and imparts a smoother look. Also great for lips and cuticles. No downsides—get a tube!

Love this. It makes my skin so soft and heals any cuts/picked spots on my face. Super moisturizing. It has a consistency of vaseline, so be prepared if you never used it. It rubs on smooth.

on 1/27/2018 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In this harsh winter, I'm experiencing very dry skin, with patches of rough/dryer skin. Derm recommended using coconut oil (in a tub) and applying this ointment over it. On my skin, it does nothing. In fact, it made the skin even rougher and drier! The coconut oil seems to help a bit. Prefer my regular Cerave moisturizing cream until can find a star product to help. Ointment is going back.

on 12/30/2017 12:06:00 PM

Like all the other products in this brand, it doesn’t disappoint. HG everything. I love most of their stuff. Especially the ointment and the p.m. facial moisturizer.
This is similar to Aquaphor, but it spread a little bit easier and it does feel slightly greasier but that makes it a lot easier to work with if you need to use it on larger areas. It also feels so nice on your lips it’s all I use on my lips anymore. You can add a little bit over your lipstick and it’s just a wonderful gloss. I use it to shape my brows, you could even use it on your eyelashes. It’s great for everything! Highly recommend it

on 12/24/2017 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I can’t really explain the success of this product; it’s basically petroleum, ceremides and silicones. Perhaps it’s like NyQuil-some magic combination of ordinary ingredients whose proportions are perfect.

It’s negative ten degrees where I live this morning, and the air is very dry. If it weren’t for this product, I could never use actives. It’s a final layer every night, and has saved my skin. After cleansing, I apply Hylamide sub-q, an active (either A313, vitamin C or a retinoid) and this. It’s still faintly there in the morning, so if your’re averse to a greasy layer, you may want to avoid this. It has never broken me out, which, my dry sensitive skin likes to do. Truly a standout product. This will be too much in the summer, but highly recommended for winter.

on 12/23/2017 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I need a tub of this since I could only find the small tube at my local Target. It keeps the moisture in my skin now that it is getting colder. Doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I was going through a bad week of feeling congested and sick. My nose started to develop flakiness because of constantly using tissue. This really helped to lessen the irritated skin around my nose. Highly recommend

on 12/15/2017 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I picked up two purse size tubes of the Cerave ointment on a whim. I usually keep the same size Aquaphor in my purse, my night table, in my desk at work - you get the idea - but Cerave products have worked for me before and, frankly, Aquaphor is the same as Vaseline, in my opinion. Like Aquaphor this is great for the lips, the hands, cuticles, etc. but I never, ever considered putting it under my eyes until I read about it here on MakeupAlley (I think). It's cold out and, despite my efforts, I had one stubborn dry patch ruining my foundation and don't want any more. I squirt out a bead of ointment, melt it by rubbing it between my thumb and forefinger and pat a thin layer under both eyes and on the patch. It doesn't make make my concealer greasy or slippery. Instead it acts like a sealer/primer, sealing in my other moisturizing efforts and providing a smooth surface for the concealer. Hours later my under eye area is still moisturized and not at all papery as it normally is by the end of the day. And, the patch is gone.

Milia is a concern so I avoid the inner corners of the eye (where I've had it before), concentrating instead on underneath and the outer corners. I do not apply the ointment at night. I wouldn't buy this in a tub (unsanitary) but I will buy the large tube when these two lil ones run out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this product. I usually use it after I've done an at home peel or if I'm especially dry. I've used it as an eye cream, lip treatment, on scrapes or burns, you name it! I bought the large tube for hygienic reasons and it's excellent. I live in mn so it's cold and dry in the winters and this stuff really helps. What attracted me to this over aquaphor was the hypersonic acid and ceremides. It's so inexpensive! I was going to purchase the Dr. Jart ceremide cream and I'm thankful I didn't waste my money. I've seen reviews of people using it in the mornings and I'll need to try that out.