CeraVe Healing Ointment

CeraVe Healing Ointment
Healing Ointment

4.5

Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Panthenol, Water, L-Proline, Xanthan Gum

on 2/23/2019 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
significantly less greasy and sticky than Aquaphor ointment and Vaseline
easy to spread over damp and dry skin
healing for blemishes, skin wounds, and irritated skin
reduces redness
protects skin from moisture loss and environmental stressors
contains excellent skin repairing ingredients
Cons:
expensive
packaging is. . . weird? choose between a hard to squeeze tube, or unsanitary tub.

I love it. I apply it over damp skin, body, face, and lips to seal in moisture and to repair my skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A god-send after a recent bout of flu and both the inside and tip of my nose were flakey and horrid-looking. None of my usual moisturizers made an ounce of difference, not even pure Argan oil. Dabbed a tiny bit of this on every night and was amazed at how quickly this healed the skin and allowed it to return back to normal. So concentrated I didn't need to use during the day. Like Vaseline but with multiple ceramides and a couple of other goodies that actually DO repair the skin barrier. Will keep a tube of this handy at all times. Thanks to MUA reviewers, I'd probably not have spotted it if it wasn't for all the positive reviews on here.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/8/2018 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cerave's version of Aquaphor was a disappointment for me. Now I love me some Aquaphor, and Cerave cream is my HG moisturizer, so when I got a sample of this stuff I was expecting to love it. Petroleum jelly is a miracle ingredient for my face and I think it's always a winning combination with other moisturizing ingredients. Unfortunately, this ointment is a lot thinner and greasier than Aquaphor is and it doesn't deliver better results -- plus it broke me out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This isn’t a bad product by any means, but ultimately I won’t be repurchasing. I was hoping the addition of ceramides and hyaluronic acid in this ointment would prove to be more effective than using just plain old Vaseline, but honestly, my skin couldn’t tell the difference. I used this for a couple weeks, and despite the added beneficial ingredients, it didn’t perform any better than pure petroleum jelly or Aquaphor.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I consider this an upgrade to my previous HG Eucerin Aquaphor. CeraVe definitely deserves praise for its emollient packed, fragrance free formula that simultaneously soothes my chapped skin and lips.

on 5/21/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. put a thin layer on at night and wake up with soft plump skin. unfortunately all Cerave products sting my eyes (everything stings my eyes). It heals my dry hands and feet overnight,

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Phenomenal under eye treatment for AM and PM. Plumps, helps with fine lines and imparts a smoother look. Also great for lips and cuticles. No downsides—get a tube!

Love this. It makes my skin so soft and heals any cuts/picked spots on my face. Super moisturizing. It has a consistency of vaseline, so be prepared if you never used it. It rubs on smooth.

on 1/27/2018 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In this harsh winter, I'm experiencing very dry skin, with patches of rough/dryer skin. Derm recommended using coconut oil (in a tub) and applying this ointment over it. On my skin, it does nothing. In fact, it made the skin even rougher and drier! The coconut oil seems to help a bit. Prefer my regular Cerave moisturizing cream until can find a star product to help. Ointment is going back.

on 12/30/2017 12:06:00 PM

Like all the other products in this brand, it doesn’t disappoint. HG everything. I love most of their stuff. Especially the ointment and the p.m. facial moisturizer.
This is similar to Aquaphor, but it spread a little bit easier and it does feel slightly greasier but that makes it a lot easier to work with if you need to use it on larger areas. It also feels so nice on your lips it’s all I use on my lips anymore. You can add a little bit over your lipstick and it’s just a wonderful gloss. I use it to shape my brows, you could even use it on your eyelashes. It’s great for everything! Highly recommend it