4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

With winter skin here, I have to break out the heavy duty stuff. This ointment is simply outstanding. My job requires me to wash my hands very frequently. With it comes extremely dry, chapped hands. This ointment has very rich emollients, serious hydration and replenishment. It has a greasy feel to it and has to be worked into the skin but provides such soothing relief. My hands look and feel better immediately. This stuff is for real.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

4 months ago

I bought the tub last time I got this, it’s hard to find in the tube, especially at the beginning of winter. It also comes in little mini tubes, great for your pocket or purse, but I’ve only seen them for sale online. Nothing moisturizes like this stuff, and I use it everywhere -lips, face, body, hands and feet. Excellent eye cream. Not sure it would be good for someone prone to breakouts, but I’m way past that age. It’s especially effective for dry, peeling flakiness from Tretinoin cream. I put it on the dry spots and it works great. Sometimes I’ll take a warm damp washcloth and gently scrub any peeling areas and afterwards,my skin is smooth and perfect. Definately a good, heavy duty, multi purpose moisturizer.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

6 months ago

I use this at night - after washing, I apply moisturizer to my damp face and then this over the under eye area and all the way up to my brows. It does a great job of keeping the Retin-A away from my very sensitive eye area. It also has the unexpected and *huge* bonus of making my under eye area much smoother. I have to say I’m really surprised at the difference! This is an extremely thick ointment and can be hard to squeeze out of the tube. It doesn’t last long when I apply it to my lips, but does feel great while it’s there.

About reviewer (190 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

a year ago

I use this as eye/forehead cream because it keeps my skin feeling moisturized all day, whereas every single cream I've tried seems to wear off quickly. The only downside is my skin ends up LOOKING faintly greasy (I emphasize "looking" because it doesn't actually feel greasy).

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

My hands are dry and cracked from overwashing in the cold season, and this ointment has been a lifesaver. It`s a bit too greasy to apply in the daytime, plus the tube is a bit too bulky to carry with me, but I like to rub this on my hands at night before bed, while my hands are still a little wet. It works great to seal in moisture and I wake up to moist, plump skin on my hands without calluses and rough patches. I`ve use it on the lips, and while it`s not bad, I still prefer my Laneige sleeping mask for lips, because while both products hydrate the lips, Laneige does something extra in terms of plumping them. I would totally repurchase, even in the warmer season, because my hands go through a lot of abuse, with calluses from weight training and cracks from dishwashing liquid. Good, simple, clean and reasonably priced, like most CeraVe products.

About reviewer (916 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

a year ago

Pros: significantly less greasy and sticky than Aquaphor ointment and Vaseline easy to spread over damp and dry skin healing for blemishes, skin wounds, and irritated skin reduces redness protects skin from moisture loss and environmental stressors contains excellent skin repairing ingredients Cons: expensive packaging is. . . weird? choose between a hard to squeeze tube, or unsanitary tub. I love it. I apply it over damp skin, body, face, and lips to seal in moisture and to repair my skin.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

A god-send after a recent bout of flu and both the inside and tip of my nose were flakey and horrid-looking. None of my usual moisturizers made an ounce of difference, not even pure Argan oil. Dabbed a tiny bit of this on every night and was amazed at how quickly this healed the skin and allowed it to return back to normal. So concentrated I didn't need to use during the day. Like Vaseline but with multiple ceramides and a couple of other goodies that actually DO repair the skin barrier. Will keep a tube of this handy at all times. Thanks to MUA reviewers, I'd probably not have spotted it if it wasn't for all the positive reviews on here. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

2 years ago

Cerave's version of Aquaphor was a disappointment for me. Now I love me some Aquaphor, and Cerave cream is my HG moisturizer, so when I got a sample of this stuff I was expecting to love it. Petroleum jelly is a miracle ingredient for my face and I think it's always a winning combination with other moisturizing ingredients. Unfortunately, this ointment is a lot thinner and greasier than Aquaphor is and it doesn't deliver better results -- plus it broke me out.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I consider this an upgrade to my previous HG Eucerin Aquaphor. CeraVe definitely deserves praise for its emollient packed, fragrance free formula that simultaneously soothes my chapped skin and lips.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I love this product. put a thin layer on at night and wake up with soft plump skin. unfortunately all Cerave products sting my eyes (everything stings my eyes). It heals my dry hands and feet overnight,

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure