Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two

Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Polyquaternium 44, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium Extract (White Ginger), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41, 3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract (Rosemary), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methlisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Limonene

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I struggle with very oily hair and for awhile I was switching between sulfate-free shampoos (OGX) and Lush's shampoo bars. The sulfate-free was not cleansing enough for my oily hair and the Lush shampoo bars made my hair feel dry and just overall bad. But this shampoo is amazing. Originally I thought that a clarifying shampoo would way too much stripping for my hair but this stuff is the perfect in between of just getting rid of excess oil leaving my hair shiny and healthier feeling. Did not expect this from a sulfate shampoo. As far as smell goes, it's not a scent that I like nor dislike, but regardless the scent is very light which I appreciate and the smell does not linger after it has been rinsed out. If you don't like strong fragrances, like myself, this is a perfect product for you.

on 8/3/2016 5:32:00 PM

I really like this shampoo, I've gone through several bottles in the past few years. My hair is fine and wavy, and prone to build up. This cleans my hair thoroughly without drying it out or tangling. Nice lemony scent, too. I use it once in a while to clarify, but if I increase use, it doesn't dry my hair out. I wish there was a conditioner to match. The shampoo 3 clarifying and chelating shampoo is also fantastic.

on 6/19/2016 8:03:00 PM

I remember that, as a child, having my hair washed and later on moving/shaking my head to smell the beautiful fragrance of whatever shampoo it was that was being used. I was able to do that because I didn't have a build-up of product in my hair; different products with different consistencies that just outdo each other. Well, today it was childhood revisited. I have a color appointment tomorrow and would like to prep so that my color will adhere quickly and easily. This clarifying shampoo lathers up nicely, removing product build-up and even chlorine, rinses out extremely well and smells great.
A reminder however - - this is not for daily use on color treated hair. Great product and I will buy again!

on 12/16/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this shampoo. Usual;ly, I use drugstore hair care products, but my roommate had a bottle of this and said I could try it, as I've never used a clarifying shampoo before. I was under the wrong impression that if I used it, my hair would be gross and dry. Not so! It really does remove residue from styling products and treatments, to make hair soft and full of volume.

on 9/5/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo is really great. I live in an area of hard water, have baby fine color-treated hair that loves to tangle and just generally drive me crazy. I used to have a really hard time with my hair getting oily by the end of the day and had to wash every day. Recently, I have tried many different shampoos to help with my hair that felt coated by the cruelty free shampoos that I tried, would be dry and tangly at the ends, but oily at the scalp. I was convinced that I just had horrible hair but then read about the effects of hard water on hair, so started looking at clarifying shampoos. Was going to buy Shampoo Three, but picked this up by accident, so tried it.

After one shampoo, my hair felt clean and not stripped or frizzy, my scalp was not oily for two days, my hair was not tangly even without conditioner. This has been amazing!! I would not use more than 1x/week or so as it really does deep clean so might be too harsh, but have not been using long enough to make a better recommendation.

Try it!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use this about once or twice a month. For my hair type, I use 100% sulfate free shampoo and conditioner to tame my very dry, coarse and frizzy hair. However, around the end of the month, I notice my hair starts to look too flat and heavy. This is when I use Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two. Dare I say this is better than Redken Cleansing Cream? I find that it is. It smells better, it is cheaper and works better. Because my hair is so dry to begin with, I'm always nervous buying a clarifying shampoo. No worries with shampoo two! It does deep clean but it doesn't strip my hair. All the buildup is gone yet my hair remains soft and full of body. The smell omg, it is like lemon bars or lemon meringue pie! You know how some lemon scented things smell like funiture polish? Not this. It smells so good.

Perfect for a deep clean- removes the silicone buildup, and really makes treatment sink in. I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days and this is perfect for once a week. Awesome!

on 9/14/2013 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good clarifying shampoo. It cleans quite well and has a nice lemon scent. But I like a really really good clarifying shampoo. I prefer the Paul Mitchell shampoo three, it cleans better. Also e Redken hair cleansing cream is great too. The Paul Mitchell shampoo 3 is cheaper though.

on 3/11/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When my hair gets that dead, oil, limp feeling I use this shampoo. It's a clarifying shampoo so not good for everyday use because it is very drying. It has a very clean lemon scent thats fresh enough but not perfumey. It also make a rich lather. It seem the more lather I get the bouncier my hair is when it dries. Wonderful hair pick me up. One bottle seems to last a year.

on 7/29/2012 7:51:00 AM

It took ages to find a shampoo that works for my fine and oily hair. This is great, cleans properly but doesn't dry it out.
It has a pleasant lemon scent.