4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

23 days ago

I have been using baby shampoo exclusively to wash my aging combination skin for a year now. It is fabulous. I use the Wal Mart store brand and have the happiest skin I have had in a while. No dryness, burning, irritation.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 months ago

Works great as a clarifying shampoo and less harsh than the likes of Neutrogena and others that are marketed as clarifying shampoos. I use it once or twice a week depending on how much stuff I got built up in my hair. Lathers well, rinses away clean and leaves hair fresh without residue. The review below that states it works for removing hard to remove mascara is spot on. It really helps remove hard to remove eye makeup and it does it in a few seconds and works better than my oil cleansers and makeup removers. I always have two bottles of this, one for backup. Cheap and effective.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 months ago

this stuff is absolutely crucial for controlling my dry eye ocular rosacea. Hot water and baby shampoo twice a day or my eyes start to hurt and get terribly dry.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

PLEASE PLEASE give this stuff a try as an eye makeup cleanser!! Just try it! I absolutely despise having to take off my mascara with cotton pads and makeup remover lotion, no matter what lotion I use or how absurdly gentle I am I always lose lashes, it takes a stupidly long time and most of all it just BORES me to death. I hated it so much to the point I wasn't even wearing mascara every day just to avoid it. Until I tried using this. Wow. I just wet my face, my eyes with warm water until the mascara is mostly melted and then wash my eyes and lashes for like 10 seconds with this and no matter how heavy my makeup is it disappears completely with this and it doesn't irritate me or make my eyes red. Made taking my mascara off from a horrible drudgery to an irrelevant 20 seconds ritual. I'm sold.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

Sigh. This cleans gently but thoroughly, makes my hair super soft and shiny, and doesn't aggravate the seb derm on my scalp, but it irritates the skin everywhere else on my body. From making my face itch and giving me acne to causing a massive, painful flare up of the eczema on my body. I haven't reacted to any product like this before. I would recommend this still, but just look out for any irritation that pops up.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Works really well as a shampoo for adults. I am pleased with it. It cleaned my hair without the drying effects. I use this in rotation with my moisturizing shampoo to remove any buildup and it works great. I am also going to start using it for my makeup brushes and beauty blender as well.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3 years ago

As others have noted, Johnson's baby shampoo is invaluable if you suffer from blepharitis! Simply apply a very warm, wet washcloth to your eyes, twice each day, and then scrub your lashline with a cotton swab dipped in this amazing shampoo. This treatment cleared me right up within two days, and I plan to use it consistently. If you're dealing with this aggravating issue as well, one bottle will last you forever!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I started using this after seeing a girl use it on YouTube to shower in! She said she washed her face with it too. And that was it, I was sold. So I use baby oil to cleanse face & baby shampoo to wash it and use the shampoo to shower in or as bubble bath. Oh and to clean make up brushes. I had an ex boyfriend who use it to wash his hair! Amazing, cheap, won't break you out or irritate you. I can hands down swear I'll never use any other combo to clean my face. Try it, you have nothing to lose x

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

People do NOT waste your money on expensive cleaners for your makeup brushes and sponges - this works like a dream! It is the FASTEST and EASIEST way to remove all traces of makeup from your tools and is super affordable too. I started to find that some of the other cleaners were making the bristles of my brushes start to become brittle which is horrifying when you consider how much of an investment we make in these tools. After reading reviews I decided to give J&J Baby Shampoo a try and am I ever thankful to my fellow reviewers as this has transformed not only my brushes and sponges but decreased the amount of time spent cleaning them. The shampoo is gentle yet effective, and must be somewhat conditioning/hydrating because when I am finished even my hands do not feel dry or dehydrated. One trick I have discovered that speeds up the cleaning routine is to pour a tiny amount of shampoo into the bottom of a bar soap travel container (one that has ridges in it for drying/air circulation), wet the brush, dip into the shampoo and swirl around inside the travel container. The raised ridges help scrub the makeup out of the brush and then it's just a quick rinse and set aside to dry. I rest mine on a microfibre cloth which unlike a regular towel, allows the water to evaporate faster. When cleaning makeup sponges, I simply soak the sponge in water, pour a tiny amount of shampoo on the sponge and massage it in with my fingers. You will see the makeup pull out of the sponge and drop into your sink right before your eyes. Rinse well and voila! I wash my sponges frequently but if you have a lot of buildup, you might need to repeat the shampoo to get it clean. An added bonus is that a large bottle of this shampoo is only a few dollars and lasts a long time. Highly recommend this over any other brush/sponge cleanser. For those in between brush cleanings where you need to quickly use it again I do recommend the It Cosmetics "It's your brush love" spray - just not for a true deep cleaning.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

This is so ridiculously effective at deep cleaning makeup brushes. It also doesn't dry out the bristles in natural fiber brushes. I was amazed at how much better this worked than any of my other "real" makeup brush cleaning solutions. Seeing how the baby shampoo made the caked in makeup literally melt right out of my brushes, and seeing how it's supposedly gentle enough for a baby's eyes, I decided what the heck and tried it as a face wash for removing stubborn eye makeup. Every other proper "makeup removing" face wash I've used has been mediocre at best at removing eye makeup and usually pretty irritating and drying. The baby shampoo was like magic. It took off all of my makeup so easily, and it didn't irritate my skin at all. Left my skin as clean and soft as a baby's butt, pun intended. It smells kinda funky but I'm going to let that slide because it's cheap as sin. I love this stuff!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure