Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.3

on 3/10/2018 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For years I have been watching youtube videos reviewing this foundation. I finally caved and bought it. I really wanted not to like it since it is pricey. But I love it! It blends so nice and looks great on my skin. I have dry skin in the winter and oily in the summer. I am a bit oily with this though but I still love it.

on 2/19/2017 6:07:00 AM

This foundation is the closest color match that I have ever found. I read that no. 6 is the best foundation for those of us with olive skin that can not find a color match, they were right. The problem is the alcohol, my eyes could not tolerate the life being sucked out of my skin. They were literally burning. I need something with hydration, glycerin or hyaluronic acid. I suppose if you have oily skin, this would work but even oily skin should be careful with the alcohol content.

on 2/17/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros:
This foundation makes my skin look wonderful and I've had a few random compliments while wearing it. The packaging also feels very luxurious.

Cons:
I probably would have more compliments if I wore this more often, but anytime I wear it two days in a row, I break out. The consistency is a little weird to me too--it feels a little oily and thin when I apply it. Also, the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark--I make it work with other make up and always apply it down my neck and chest but I always feel like an oompa loompa when I first apply it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG foundation for the last 2 years. This foundation lasts all day on my oily, sensitive skin.
It wears beautifully and looks the most natural of any heavy coverage foundation that I have ever tried. It comes in many shades!
It *does not* break me out, which is rare. Probably because it's made with castor oil. I find that my skin loves castor oil and it's truly non-comedgenic. Also it is not a short-chain fatty acid (these aggravate adult acne, psoriasis, and eczema).
The downside is the *price* but 2 bottles get me through the year of 5 day per week use and I already know that I love it so I save time, grief, and money on trying out no new stuff.
I have been very happy with most of my Armani beauty purchases.

on 8/24/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Since my perfect foundation was discontinued (dermalogica treatment foundation) I have searched and spent hundreds on different foundations. I like foundation to have a bit of a shine and not look too dry and caked on, but I also don't want to look oily and greasy, as my skin is already quite oily and acne prone. I found this after doing research and have never looked back. I use colour 5.5 and it is perfect for me. It is quite expensive but I use it every single day and a tube lasts 3 months. One pump covers whole face and I use an extra half a pump on areas that need a bit more coverage. I hope they never discontinue this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation!! Like most of you, I have tried them all: Nars Sheer Glow, Bobbi Brown, Mac SFF, etc. However, nothing leaves me with the best of both worlds ( natural yet perfected). For reference, my skin is combo/oily and I wear this with or without powder depending on the weather, condition of my skin or occasion. It looks great both ways. I am a NC35 and I wear 6.5 in GA Luminous Silk. Also, it photographs beautifully. Worth the price!!

on 1/15/2013 3:18:00 PM

I got samples of this foundation. It applied beautifully. The color match was wayyyyy off though. Not sure why she chose the colors she did for my fair skin. I was orange. But the coverage was nice and it felt so lush going on.
I doubt I will buy a full size bottle. I can't justify spending $59 on foundation right now. But if you feel like a splurge try this out!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The second I put some of this on my face, I literally got a compliment from a random person telling me I had great skin!

It just looks like you have amazing, flawless, luminating skin! It gives that beautiful dewy look and feel, but it is not oily at all. My skin isn't too bad on it's own, so I don't tend to need foundation to cover up flaws, but more for evening out reddish skin tone... I don't like heavy-feeling foundations, but the consistency was just right, it covered like perfection, and did not feel heavy at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation. It lives up to all the hype. It's not just in my head, I've received many compliments since I started using it and I actually see an improvement in my skin. The foundation's texture is lightweight and silky. It applies smoothly, blends well, and dries to a clean polished "luminous" finish. It is best applied with a foundation brush for even coverage. It can be used without primer and powder which helps justify the cost, however on special occassions I have used primer before and powder afterwards for extended flawless wear and it still feels like I have no make-up on. The only reason I give it a 4 rating is because of Giorgio Armani's limited colour range. I'm asian and have a tan/yellow-based complexion. MAC's NC42 was a close match. I ended up buying two GA bottles and blend #6 with #8 (one pump of each) for an exact match. #7 gave me a pink undertone. I know what you're thinking. Why would you spend $$$ on two bottles? After trying it, I loved the fact that it didn't feel like I had any make-up on and it lasted all day. I justified my purchase knowing that in the summer I could just change the ratios and use more of the #8 without having to buy another shade. I would highly recommend going to the Giorgio Armani counter for a colour match for 100% satisfaction. I hope this helps:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Im in awe over this foundation. Usually i can ramble on and on about something so extrodinary, but with this. One word somes it up. Flawless.