Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation

3.9

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the color match. I am pale olive ( MUFE Y235) and shade 10 is good. Would be perfect if it was a little more yellow but at least it is not pink. The effect is beautiful but I get oily very quickly. in 2 hours I need to powder but I seem to be the only one with this problem. I don't even have a very oily skin..

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

so many people online have nothing but good things to say about this foundation, and now that i have it, i'm one of them lol. well not ONLY good things to say about it - the shade range is abysmal, even including the new shades that were released this last month. the deeper shades don't run particularly dark from what i've seen in photos, and they didn't seem to expand the lighter end of the line whatsoever. disappointing for me since 010 is quite dark and orange - unlike other foundations which simply run very warm orange on me, but are still the right depth, this is a foundation i definitely do have to mix. if i apply it to my skin as-is i look incredibly ruddy and my face is not the same color as any part of my body.

nevertheless, i love this foundation. i've worn it two days now, around 10 hours straight each day, and i have to say - i've never liked a foundation this much before. i mix mine with wnw photofocus in porcelain (good match for my face but my arms often have a tan so i no longer wear this shade on its own) and get a good match depthwise, but i'm still missing a lot of the cool green-yellow i need, which is normal for foundations. i look really pink with this combo. but i still love it.

some more details about my skin + how i apply this foundation:
- i use about half a spatula of the PF + 3 drops of the catrice - alone, the PF looks very dry and patchy/powdery on me after 4-6 hours of wear, even without being set with a powder. with the catrice mixed in, it looks like skin all day.
- i apply with a sponge - i imagine i would need even less product than i already use if i applied with a brush, but i like the finish of a sponge.
- the coverage is incredible - i'm on my 2nd course of accutane and don't really have any acne to cover at this point, but i still have a fair amount of hyperpigmentation i usually conceal with MUR's concealer. i dont feel the need to apply concealer with this foundation, which i haven't felt comfortable skipping in a long time.
- i currently have normal skin - my forehead + chin can get slightly greasy, but my nose and cheeks look great with this on all day, neither dry nor oily
- it seems to blur a little bit of skin texture
- it's far more buildable than the wnw - i would say the coverage this provides is on the higher end of medium, while photofocus is on the lower end

if you can find a shade for you, you really should give it a try if you're looking for something inexpensive and skinlike. $11 isn't the cheapest i've seen for a drugstore foundation, but considering how little product you need at a time, i imagine even if you were using this foundation by itself you still wouldnt need more than 4 drops at a time for really solid coverage. i've already recommended it to 3 girlfriends and my mom lol. it's amazing!

I just can't rave enough about this foundation. This is my HG foundation!
It is extremely beautiful on combo skin with some textural issue/s. I am in between NC 20 - 25 and I would mix Light Beige (10) and Warm Beige (40) to get my perfect shade. This works perfectly with my L'Oreal Magic Base primer with my Elta MD SPF 41 Sunscreen.

I always use a sponge applying this foundation. I hope you try it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation has become my HG liquid foundation. For so many reasons:

- it looks natural, not cakey
- easy to apply, it is a serum foundation, the cap has a built-in eyedropper, I just put some drops on my foundation brush
- long wearing if you use a setting spray
- medium to heavy coverage, it is very pigmented
- matte finish, can make it dewy by combining with a drop of facial oil

The bottle says it is mattifying. I can't tell because I have normal skin.

I'm an NC20 and use the shade 30 Sand Beige.

The Catrice website (www.catricecosmetics.com) has 18 shades. Ulta only carries four shades.

I love the way this looks on my skin because I have textured skin and this has a slight blurring effect. Best of all, it costs $10.99.

Note: this product contains talc, it is the third ingredient in the list

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a good dupe for Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation. I have a review for that in my profile, I prefer the Catrice. A comparison has been added to the bottom of my review here.

Too-long-didn't-read version:

Cons:
-Shades run dark
-Oxidizes

Pros:
-No make up-y texture
-Full coverage
-NEVER cakey
-Dries matte
-Blurs pores
-Doesn't break me out
-Easy to blend

I bought this in the lightest shade, 010 Light Beige. It's literally basic white girl pumpkin spice colored. For reference I am <nc10 so I didn't expect a dead on match. But this is bad. Their shade selection sucks as there's only 4 to choose from. It's also very warm, despite so many reviews saying it's cool/pink toned. Perhaps there's a variation in undertone between countries. But my bottle is definitely an orange-y warm hue.

That is the only thing I hate about this foundation. If they launched a paler shade, it'd rival with my all time holy grail foundation. I am VERY oily, acne/rosacea prone, and most foundations make my pores look like craters. I was SHOCKED how much coverage this offers for such a liquidy formula. I started out with 3 drops the first time and before I went to blend I told myself I'd put 3 more drops on. But as I started to blend this...I quickly realized 6 would be insane. 3 was insane. 2 is perfect. It covers everything. What's even better is my skin still looks like skin. This is a thin formula. I can NOT imagine it ever looking cakey on anyone. My skin looks perfect with this on. It even blurs out my pores if I blend it enough. Sometimes there'll be a few pores still visible and I find I just have to keep blending it in until they "disappear".

It dries matte. I have no complaints about the lasting power. I do want to note the reason I chose this was based off the ingredient list. It has a very high amount of Talc in it. Some might hate that, but for my pizza face... it's the best ingredient possible in a liquid foundation. That's what makes it so matte. Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse is my holy grail foundation due to the coverage/matte finish. That also has a high % of talc. I don't know how Catrice managed to make the formula so light/liquidy with Talc as the 3rd ingredient. Also there is nothing in this that clogs *my* pores. I can't tolerate vitamin e (tocopheryl acetate), waxes, and more. It's almost perfect.

-------------

9/20/2018:

I owned the Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear BEFORE purchasing the Catrice. I had no clue they'd be similar otherwise I wouldn't have tried this product because I HATED the Fenty. But I ended up loving the Catrice and when I looked for a dupe (ingredient wise) with better shades the Fenty was first to pop up. Its the titanium dioxide amount in Fenty that ruins their palest shade 100. I tried out shade 120 from Fenty, which is too dark for me, and it was just like the Catrice formula.

Ingredient comparison I have made:

Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation: Water, Dimethicone, Talc, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methicone, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Silica, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499).

Catrice HD Liquid Foundation: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, HDI / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Uh -- pretty sure this is borderline my new HG foundation. For real.

My HG foundation to date has been CG Outlast 3-in-1, mostly because of the talc and it seems to mattify my oily/shiny skin while not being TOO matte and just looks good on my skin.

However, enter Catrice. I cannot believe this has been out for a few years and I'm only now hearing about it (via YouTube). Mind you, we just only got an ULTA in my area so I was actually able to discover Catrice, but this stuff is AH-MAZ-ING.

I'm combo skin (dry because of topical BP gel, but oily/shiny because of the drying affects of the gel) and nothing seems to keep me decently matte (so that I look glowy after a few hours) - but THIS STUFF DOES. This stuff actually keeps my NOSE SHINE-FREE. I don't think ANYTHING I have ever used (even trying the eyeshadow primer trick) has worked -- but this stuff does. And a little goes a long way.

I'm NC15-20 depending on my melasma and the time of year - but my face is darker than my neck, so I tend to go lighter than darker. I first bought 01-Light beige, but found it to be just a tad too light for late summer, so I went out and grabbed 03- sand beige and sand beige matched my skin to the point that you can't even see it on my skin. However, because my face is darker than my neck, I'm mixing both colors so that I can alleviate that issue.

This stuff - 2 drops of both mixed on my hand and then applied with a damp sponge - WOW. It's so light - blends right into the skin - and if you have some dry spots, it can cling, but not as bad as some other foundations I've tried (beautyblender was horrible). I still had no oil peeking through on my NOSE after 4 hours. I was SHOOK. I do set with ELF HD loose powder, and then I spray everything down with the Catrice Prime And Fine Dewy Glow Finish Illuminating Spray (good for matte foundations) and this stuff was golden. It's still golden on my skin. It also BLURS like nothing else. I cannot believe that my nose is not even oily - it's 95 degrees outside. I had a few dark spots/pimples and it covers nicely - you may be able to build coverage over spots but I don't (or use concealer) but this does cover very well. All my redness is gone. It actually looks like skin (but a bit mattified).

Definitely try this if you are warmer toned (I am super yellow undertoned) and have oily skin but want something mattifying that is lightweight. This is #1 right now for me if I have no breakouts. I also found it washed off fine as long as I double-cleansed, using a makeup wipe first and then following with my face wash.

Only downside - not a huge fan of the dropper. I like that you can add it to other products - but I'd rather have a pump. Even thought this has a dropper - it is not at all like the NYX Total Control foundation. I have used that - that formula doesn't have the talc that this formula does - the NXY Total Control settled in my pores horribly and made me shiny fast. This stuff DOES NOT.

ETA: this stuff performs well even without a primer, but I will note that I got shiny with this foundation (but not bad as many others) without using a primer. So, like most foundations, I would recommend to wear this over a primer. The primer I've been using is the Smashbox Primerizer - and it wears beautifully. Also - note - no breakouts. I love this. Also - some folks thought this was similar to Fenty since the ingredients are almost the same? No. I tried Fenty, that looked horrible on my skin. So do not compare the two.

I wouldn't say its mattifying but I like it! It does oxidizes a bit and can look orange in the winter time, but in summer, this is my go to!
It wears all day, doesn't feel heavy on my face and it has a nice decent coverage. I love the dropper because it's easier to mix it in with other foundations.

I'm in love with this foundation! After years of trying different foundations, hands down, this is the best one for my skin. Beautiful finish and good level of coverage. I got it while on vacay in Europe, tried it on and the next day went for another bottle. Very good quality, doesn't oxidize on me, doesn't flake my skin or get into the eye area wrinkles. I apply it with damp beauty blender and it last whole day without moving anywhere. The only thing is the dropper - I am not a fan of the foundation getting on the dropper and then when bottle is closed, it all gets out and the top of the bottle gets dirty and sticky, but i can live with this.

I'm on my forth bottle, which is why I'm so surprised to see the average rating. There are very few foundations I've repurchased so many times, in fact, I think ELDW is the only one that I can say I've bought more of.

This is extremely affordable, with a beautiful finish. I does oxidize, but I've found this is only the case when I use certain moisturisers underneath it. It is also long lasting. That being said, the shade range is shockingly terrible, and the dropper bottle is not great, I'd much rather have a bottle with a pump.

All round a really good product for the price range.

This foundation has only 4 shades!! IT has good coverage, but shades are horrible. They are light, but the lightest one is still too dark on me and it oxidises grey! Also it’s got flashback so on photos it looks white. I have had some okay results mixing it eith Wet’n’wild photofocus in Porcelain however I wouldn’t recommend it.