Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation

3.6

Parabens

This foundation broke me out so badly! I have breakout prone skin so it can happen from time to time- but never with such intensity. After just one use I ended up with four huge “cystic” pimples on my forehead and temples- it’s where I always test new foundations (kind of a patch test). Luckily I didn’t apply it on the rest of my face- it took weeks for my skin to heal.
The smell is rather unpleasant- baby powder like. I’m not a fan of the packaging, I’d much prefer pump applicator.
As for the coverage, it’s impressive, and the finish is quite flawless, but heavy- it’s a “special occasion” foundation (eg. for wedding or stage).
The shade selection is very poor, but it’s Catrice- they were never famous for having big shade range. They cater mainly to ~NC20-NC35 skin tone.

It so hard to get this in stock. Always out very fast. I get mine in rose beige because there are only two colours available which are warm beige. The colour is way too light for me, but that's fine. I prefer lighter shade foundation rather than darker.

First of all, I hate the dropper. It's messy. This foundation is runny and set very fast. You have to work by section or you'll end up patchy like mine. Since I have super oily skin and I sweat a lot I do set this with powder. I used my Coty Airspun to set this. I do find my skin feel a little bit tight like you're wearing anti-ageing product. It feels weird at the beginning but I get used to it. I wanted to say this foundation feels light on the skin but the tightening effect makes it feels like I put something on my skin.

Longevity is excellent. This stays on my skin from morning till noon. I can see oil coming thru my skin and I blot a few times. Overall it's a great product. Plus it's freaking cheap.

Wow what a beautiful foundation! It's full coverage and leaves a soft matte finish it doesn't look heavy or cakey and layers beautifully! I adore this foundation as for the price and the way it performs it's actually phenomenal!
So glad I tried this, will definitely be stocking up!

I have had it for a week now and the temperatures have been cool and dry and very hot and humid, just to give context.

I have combination, aging skin with visible pores on the T zone.

Dries to a powdery finish, matte but natural looking

PROS
Very good for hot weather foundation
VERY blendable. No masking effect
A little goes a long way. Three to four drops did my whole face (see hints below)
Medium to High coverage
Matte and powder finish
Pipette dropper for ease of use
Lightweight and feels like you're not wearing foundation
Doesn't settle into fine lines or wrinkles
Covered my dry skin very well without flaking
Covered a scar on my face that usually requires concealer
Covered a blemish VERY well and didn't come off
Matched my skin tone well. Usually I am an Ivory but in this case I was Rose Beige. Someone with really fair skin may actually get a good tone match from this!

CONS
Needs a setting spray if you have oily spots
Accentuated my pores like crazy (but I didn't use a pore refining primer as they slide off my skin. Others may have better luck if using a primer).
Glass bottle- while some folks love this, I'm a clutz and I dropped this in the sink and it made a hole... in the ceramic sink. Literally, a small hole the size of a pencil eraser. The bottom is solid, solid glass. I'm surprised the bottle didn't break.
Removal- had to do THREE wipes with makeup remover to get it all off.
Very difficult to properly clean brushes used to apply product. The stuff gets deep into the bristles and is difficult to clean with a cleaning spray. I ended up using brush cleaning soap to get it all out.
I would likely not use this in winter as I need a more dewy foundation with more moisture for my skin.

HINTS-
I had really good results with a large powder brush to apply. Only needed 3-4 drops
A foundation brush (Real Techniques) required 6-8 drops for the same coverage. It wasn't as blendable with a foundation brush and it was kind of streaky
I used a beauty sponge (damp) to apply and it was very sheer, natural coverage.
I really got the brush damp and then added brush cleansing soap to get it clean. Very difficult to do without getting the ferrule wet.

LIPPIE RATING
I only gave this a 3/5 because of the high pore visibility, however, someone else who uses a primer may have better luck than myself.
I wouldn't buy this again only because I am ticked off that I have to buy a new bathroom sink! But I might change my mind after I finish the bottle =-P
This would be a bit difficult to travel with as the bottle is huge. Maybe transferring to a smaller bottle with a pipette may be a good solution.

Hope this helps!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Soo I've been using this foundation for almost a year now As you could notice I keep buying it so I do like it First of all, the package is so nice and easy to use It's very liquid almost as liquid as water is Coverage is medium to high and I think it can be full with the help of concealer (: For me, it looks the most beautiful when applies with sponge Blends easily Stays for a really long time even though my face gets a bit oily after a while I suppose you can fix it using the powder I personally didn't try to because I don't use powder because I'm always going for more natural look The only thing I do not like about this foundation is that the lightest shade is still a bit too dark for me so I have to blend it down my neck

This is a great foundation that feels lightweight yet provides excellent medium to full coverage. I love that it smells like baby powder and applies so well on the skin. I used a paddle brush and a stippling brush - both work great but the paddle brush seems to absorb way more product. Wore well for me between 6 - 8 hours without setting powder.

The packaging feels very high end. Due to the runny texture of the product, having a dropper seems to most ideal way to get it out rather than a pump although I foresee issues getting that very last bit of product out when it is running low. Nonetheless, this is still a great foundation that performs well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

As a makeupartist I have lots of different foundations, and this one surprised me so much! I use it for my makeupworkshops where I like to use affordable products so my clients can start trying makeup for themselves without paying too much.

The lightest shade is nice, I'm super pale but it matches really good. In the winter I do mix it with a tiny bit of lightening drops.

The consistency is very liquid, you have to shake it before applying. I prefer to use a bleding sponge, especially on a more dry skin. The coverage is buildable, medium to full. After applying I press it in to the skin with my Real Techniques Miracle Sponge to make it look more natural. This foundation hardly needs setting! Perhaps for a very oily skin, but I notice that it's very mattifying and sets quick with most people.
It being very matte is one downside for me. I like a foundation to be a bit matte but this one can be flat looking, because of this I always mix it with a primer or oil.

I also have lots of fine lines around my eyes and those happy smile lines, if I don't mix it up with a primer and use a setting spray, it does make the lines more noticeable.

Pro's
It's HD, looks flawless on pictures. Also great for a night out.
It feels light on the skin.
Nice for pale skin.
Affordable.
Greag foundation to mix up with another one.
High coverage.
Not so important, but the packaging looks great.
Price/quality is fantastic!

Cons's:
It needs to be mixed with either an oil or primer to give a really flawless finish.
You need a fixing spray to keep it looking good (7-8 hours). Without it lasts too short(3-4 hrs).
Not long lasting.

I really like this foundation the coverage is good it has a good matte finish that doesn't dry the skin out still gives you a healthy looking glow. Blends really well. Does a good job staying put all day. The packaging comes in a glass bottle that I like. The bad things that It has a perfume smell to it but the smell faides as you continue using it and the other bad thing is that the shade range isn't good I have fair skin and the lightest one is still to dark for me so I mix in some white lighting foundation in to it

I think I paid around 7$ and it contains the standard 30ml. The packaging is very high quality with the heavy glass bottle and dropper.
The shade range is very limited but 010 Light Beige works perfectly for my NC20 skin.
It's not a watery but definitely a more a liquid foundation, which I like because that means it will blend better. And indeed it does: It blends so effortlessly and looks very good on the skin. It still somehow manages to have great coverage. I'd say its medium coverage, but definitely very builadble. While I typically don't like to build foundation, it somehow works with this one. You can easily apply 2-3 layers it it still looks good. It feels very light weight and isn't cakey, but since the coverage is quite high I wouldn't call it "natural looking" whatsoever.
The finish is a semi-matte I'd say. I powder it anyways. It reminds me a lot of ELDW which I have been using for years. While it's not the same it definitely shares a lot of similarities. The biggest difference is the lasting power: Catrice definitely lasts a good 6 hrs on me but after this mark it transfers and doesn't look that good anymore. It's definitely not the worst but if you're looking for a extremely long wearing foundation you're better off trying ELDW.
I'd recommend this foundation for people with normal skin OR for oily people who are in need of a good foundation for short(er) events.
I use it mostly in the evenings or when I know I don't have a long day ahead of me. All in all I would recommend it and I will be repurchasing.

This foundation works alright for me.

I have combination skin, and as a primer, I apply the Nivea aftershave lotion (the one that Nikkietutorials spoke about). I use my beautyblender to blend it all in. It does last all day long on my skin, but it does look a bit cakey around my nose area sometimes, especially if I stand very close to the mirror.

The foundation says ''high coverage'' but It's actually a medium one. If you have a red zit, it won't really cover the redness well, unless you color correct it first.

It does transfer; especially on my phone if I'm making a call.

I got the lightest shade, 010, which is maybe a bit dark for me, but when I take my time and blend it all in, it looks good. This foundation does oxidizes, but even then, I look fine.

I heard many people complain about the packaging, since it's a small, glass bottle with a dropper, but for me, this packaging is #goals. It looks very classy, expensive. Whenever I apply my foundation, I keep looking at the bottle; it's gorgeous!

I don't really understand the issue on it's smell, too. I love the smell. Literally, LOVE it. It smells like some... baby powder or such. I absolutely dig it. Sometimes, I even open the bottle just to smell it. When applied on face, the smell is not that intense, but it does not fade away instantly.

Repurchase? Sure.