Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation

4.2

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, HDI / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Something that I will never change! Great foundation!

I think I found my new HG! Just for a little background, My skin is oily and sensitive. I have quite a bit of acne scarring from my teen years which isn't easy to cover with just foundation alone. Ever since Revlon CS changed their formula, i've switched to L'Oreal Pro Matte. The coverage on the L'oreal Pro Matte isn't ideal, so I wanted to try something new.

I read reviews and watched a few YouTube videos on this foundation. Once I saw the price on the Ulta website ($10.99) I figured it was worth a try.

The shade range is bleak, at least on the ulta site. There are 4 to chose from, all seemingly very fair/light. I purchased 030 Sand Beige. The shade is perfect for me once my self tanner begins to fade. I'd say NC25 or so. I love the glass bottle. It feels very luxurious and looks expensive. The dropper is great as it is a watery texture. The smell is definitely reminiscent of baby powder.

I dripped a couple drops to one side of my face and blended it out with my It Cosmetics foundation brush and immediately the coverage is amazing. I moisturized my skin well prior to application and it looked completely airbrushed! I used a damp beauty sponge to smooth any small streaks afterwards. This foundation seems to oxidize fairly quickly, but that wasn't an issue for me because i took that into consideration when purchasing.

I set this with my HG powder - coty airspun. The rest of my makeup applied flawlessy over the top. Through the day, I kept itchy my nose and the foundation didn't budge. Also HUGE plus - It didn't break me out!

Will definitely purchase again! This will probably replace my L'oreal foundation!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a surprisingly good foundation, for only 7$ it preforms better than a high end one. it lasts for at least 12 hours on my combination skin, fading beautifully towards the late hours - i set it with light dusting of powder . good coverage with thin formula makes my skin look good but not masky . easy to apply with a brush. it doesn't brake me out. the one thing i don't like about it that it emphasizes the pores on my cheeks next to my nose unlike any other foundation, even when wearing a pore blurring primer. I have the lightest shade #010 light beige and it oxidizes a bit but still look good on my fair neutral complexion ( i have both red and yellow undertones).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this, Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation in Nude Beige, on ipsy's mobile app, along with Catrice All Matt Foundation in Vanilla Beige & Catrice Prime + Fine, and earned cash back. I honestly ordered it because it was dirt cheap (HD ran me $8-10, the Primer was $6ish, the All Matt was $3) and I wanted to try it out as I'd never once heard of this stuff, nor this brand. I didn't read a single review and since color selection is always difficult to guess from seeing online swatches for me, I gave it my best shot rather than researching like I should have. I have pale skin, but it's more pale on my face, where as my arms and areas that are more exposed to sunlight take on a golden undertone under the paleness. I'm half white, half Hispanic so I have dark hair and brows. Matching my skin to makeup is a pain in the rear. Foundations usually either look like White-Out on me or make me orange af within an hour or so. I fully expected these foundations to fall into one of those categories for me. Upon further review, post-purchase, I was pleased to discover the HD Liquid Coverage had something of a cult following with many glowing reviews and videos on YT. I was also disappointed because I read the shades ran on the dark side. I checked with the return policy before just to be sure I could return it if it sucked, which I fully expected it to. I read that a sponge applied this best, and I typically use a Nyx Foundation Brush or a Luxie Dual Fiber Stippling Brush, so I went to the store and picked up a Real Techniques sponge in anticipation of this being delivered. As soon as I got it, I washed my face and primed...-side note - I thought the Catrice Prime + Fine would be like the Cover FX Primer, a silicone-y texture that fills in large pores and pits In your complexion. I have tons of acne scars, enlarged pores, especially on my cheeks on either side of my nose, two scars right between the eyebrows that have created a permanent HOLE (looks like a big pore and I hate it more than I could ever begin to describe) within a depression in my skin. Because of the multiple pock marked imperfections my face has, I was hoping for a silicone textured primer to sink into and smooth some of these holes. Guess I should have researched first, the prime+fine is like a lotion or moisturizer. It doesn't really smooth over anything for me.

I applied the HD LIQUID to the back of my hand, then carefully dotted it all over my face and jawline. With the flat end of a damp beauty sponge, I bounced the foundation into place on my skin . First coat just immediately disappeared beautifully into my face....the formula created no weird textures that I get from damn near every other foundation out there and, I know everyone says I've tried everything, but seriously- I've tried close to 100 foundations in the last 15 years
.. This is one of the only ones I've ever used that looked completely natural. Then, right before my eyes, the color began to oxidize 😭 it turned pretty orange right then and there and damn I felt like I was going to cry...SHOULD HAVE RESEARCHED THE COLORS AND HOW THEY BEHAVED and then I wouldn't have ordered the third palest color, which the site mentions is for ladies with a warm undertone...MINE is NEUTRAL. But this foundation looks SO DAMN GOOD! like perfect, or as close to perfect as my skin ever is gonna look. If only it didn't oxidize. I went over the areas that weren't covered completely, and made sure to blend blend blend around my jawline and hairline. It was a tad orange on me but it wasn't too terrible so I decided to set it and go. I set with Kat Von D translucent finishing powder, bronzed/contoured, blushed and highlighted with the Tarte Life of the Party face palette. It looked good but that orange over tone just doesn't look cute.. Today I am going to apply it MIXED with the All Matt in Vanilla Beige and hope it doesn't change the formula, just lightens the color And fixes that oxidation. If it does then this is going to be my every day, all day makeup..it doesn't feel HEAVY like foundation always feels to me...after working at my restaurant job all night, coming home I didn't immediately want to scrub my face becauae it didn't feel greasy and congested and like there was something all over it. It's so light and becomes one with your skin which I honestly had no idea was even POSSIBLE with base. And after spending $40-80 on bottles after bottles of foundations in department stores and Sephoras/Ultas, $7-20 on bottles after bottles at drugstores and online retailers, I can't believe the one I finally found that just kicks ass was under ten bucks. I'm going to do more research and find my right color and order a few bottles. Don't ever wanna run out!

love it . It stays for hours on my skin don't look cakey !

This is, without a doubt, my HG foundation. I’ve tried everything from high end to drugstore and couldn’t find a foundation that gives me full coverage without looking cakey after a few hours. I decided to check out Amazon of all places and searched for highest rated full coverage foundation. Catrice HD Liquid Coverage was #1. At only $10.99 it was worth a shot. When I began to apply it and saw how thin it was I just knew it was going to be a disappointment but HOLY COW... it’s the most full coverage foundation I’ve ever seen in a liquid! It’s literally like a second skin- so thin & light, yet it covers every single flaw. I’m pale with blotchy red patches on my cheeks and this stuff makes my skin look flawless, smooth & matte. Plus it stays that way all day when set with translucent setting powder. I loved it so much that I bought a second bottle for when I start to run low. Apply it with a moistened beauty blender. If you use a foundation brush it will absorb your product and leave brush strokes. Amazon only has a couple of shades but I found it at Ulta and Ipsy.com too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i've repurchased these 8 times!!!
i splurge at sephora but end up foing to the drugstore to get this. apart from the mediocre shade range, this isba beautiful foundation. it lasts the entire day even without touch ups. i use powder on top of it and it lasts. take it from me, i live in tropical asia, its summer year round. this is legitttt.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

HG! I am very pale, grotesquely oily, acne prone and reactive from rosacea. I need coverage that’s bullet proof and staying powder and it needs to blend easy and not look flat or mask like. Colorstay , ELDW, dermablend, various high end and drug store foundations — none of them stay on as long while offering such natural dense, matte but growing coverage as this. I’ll never be without it. Excellent coverage and staying powder and never looks cakey or flat.

it's a little heavy for me so I mix with a little moisturizer or a lighter coverage foundation. I usually like to use this when I want a longer wear time. The price is amazing, but the drip bottle can get messy

1.It is an almost full coverage foundation even to my skin which has a lot of blemishes and acne scars. I believe that if you don't have things to cover then it will be full covarage.
2.It really has a second skin effect.
3. To my oily skin it gets oily after a couple of hours but it doesn't look cakey or a mess at all, rather it still looks good enough.
4. It oxidizes a little

All in all, a great foundation for its price and I will definately buy again and again