71%

price range

Reviews

3.0

a day ago

I have been using KVD Lock-It foundation, but wanted to try the Double Wear since it has a huge range of shades and comes so highly recommended. I went to Ulta to get color matched and ended up buying Ecru. This foundation is advertised as full coverage, but I've found that it is more medium coverage. The Lock-It completely covers my hyperpigmentation and under eye circles, and the Double Wear doesn't come close. I am disappointed by this, but since it is a perfect match to my skin tone and looks natural, I'm willing to let that slide. The Double Wear applies very nicely, and I've had good results using my fingers or a brush. This foundation wears very well and doesn't seem to transfer, which is great. I like the glass bottle that it comes in, but I wish that Estee Lauder would just include a pump already. I had to buy one separately, because I feel like a pump is more hygienic and obviously more convenient. On the DOWNSIDE, I've been using this product for a couple of weeks now and my face is breaking out something terrible. I have dry skin and hardly ever get a zit, let alone a face full of them. I'm very disappointed, because this is truly the ONLY cosmetic product that has ever broken me out. I don't know which ingredient is in it that doesn't agree with my skin, but I'm thinking that I'll have to go back to the KVD foundation. I was hoping that the Double Wear would end up being my HG, since it comes so highly recommended. Unfortunately, I can't continue to use it. If you have sensitive skin I'm not sure how well this product will work for you. If you buy a bottle, save your receipt so that you can return it if you have a problem!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

12 days ago

Coverage and Finish This foundation has pretty heavy coverage and most of the time one simple thin layer would suffice. It dries down to a matte finish pretty quickly after application and does not cake if you're not using too many layers. Long-lasting This lasts about 8 hours during a hot summer day without needing touchups. It is likely to "break" after over 10 hours of wear without touchups. Transfer-free I have pretty oily skin and to make things worse, I live in a place which is hot and humid throughout the year. This is the only foundation I've ever tried (I've tried at least 8 different brands) that does not transfer, which is a huge plus since I wear spectacles pretty frequently. Typically, I finish a bottle with close to daily use in around 3-4 months. The only thing I really dislike about it is that it STILL has no foundation pump.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

a month ago

This foundation got me through 3 years of acne and dark blemishes. Nobody even noticed I had troublesome skin! Pros Covers everything Smooths texture 24 hour wear (not that you ever should but I’ve slept in the club with this and it didn’t budge) Becomes more natural looking with time or fix plus Cons Very thick/heavy Doesn’t let skin breathe Needs a fix spray or 30mins before it looks natural and not dry I heard the formula changed and turned this winning foundation into a comedegenic mess. Apparently is also has less coverage, so try it for yourself.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

1.0

2 months ago

I wish I knew they reformulated the formula. I used to love this foundation 15 years ago. It was my favorite. Then I switched to different other foundations that looks more natural. A week ago I had a party and decided to buy this DW foundation again and I was very disappointed. It's not as pigmented as it was before, it breaks me out right away even if I use it only 1 day. I don't understand why to change formula if it's working?

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 months ago

Is a great foundation, but I can only use it from time to time (especially when I go to an event and I want to look flawless), otherwise will make my skin breakout. I have a very very sensitive skin and for day to day I like a more natural look.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 months ago

This is my HG!!!. i'm using shade Tawny. I tried many other foundation from drugstore even from Highend Brand, but i was cameback to this foundation. This foundation is like perfect foundation, you can adjust how many layer you want to use like depand on the occasion. It does not cakey when you add more than one layer. Even, with one layer only this foundation already gives a medium coverage, Also, this foundation is good even when we wear it in so humid and hot weather, so long lasting. And most importantly, this not make me brakeout or have some redness and iritation. So perfect...... The only cons is.. this was so expensive and the price always rise in every year....

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairOther

2.0
from

3 months ago

Wow can’t believe what they did to the formula. I had been a user for over 10 years until the past few years when so many different foundations started popping up and I decided to give double wear a break. Went back to it again and have bought 2 shades, none of which relate to the old shades! I’m sad that I didn’t bother trying them in person and just went and ordered them online, only to regret it later. The new formula is runny, almost sheer looking and doesn’t cover much seemingly unless you use a lot more product which then makes it cakey. I use all kinds of primers and oils and sprays and end up looking oxidized at the end of it all. What a waste..

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 months ago

I tried this a few years ago and wasn't impressed. I couldn't seem to find the right shade, I wanted to love it but it wasn't happening, so I went back to Revlon Colorstay and stuck with it. It's been my go to for decades, though I rarely get a full day out of it. I recently revisited ELDW and was not disappointed this time. I finally found a shade that worked for me. I apply with a damp RT sponge and get amazing coverage. I just purchased the pump and it's amazing for using much less product. It sits on my skin beautifully, doesn't emphasize my pores or 51 year old wrinkles. And most importantly it lasts all damn day. I don't use anything special to set, Coty airspun powder, Neutrogena moisturizer, ELF setting spray. Today I also used The Ordinary hyaluronic drops under my moisturizer (which will become another HG review!) I'm glad I didn't give up on this HG foundation. I know it's HG for a reason. But now I have my own reasons and it was well worth the wait.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 months ago

Update: fake tanned I’m nc42 and 41w is a perfect match! I like to mix in a little drunk elephant bronzi serum since tan I don’t need as much coverage. It doesn’t affect longevity or transfer. I can’t believe I’ve not reviewed this! I’m a little darker than nw20 light/medium cool (pink) I have 2 shades fresco and ivory rose. Fresco is 2c3 and ivory rose is 2c4, but fresco is slightly darker and more neutral (despite a smaller #). Right now I’m slightly “tan” from my vitamin c serum and though ivory rose would usually be winter shade fresco is looking good (all darker foundations in general are and I like this side effect of my l-Ascorbic acid). I’m not kidding here, I have most foundations that exist ... always searching for non rub off, lasting coverage that doesn’t age me. I’m kind of a foundation “collector” sad to say. Years ago I had this in shade ecru and it was waaaaaay too pale for matching my dark ruddy neck and chest that when I saw a photo I threw the bottle in trash and never checked it out again. However “hot and flashy” YouTube reviewed it so I gave it another shot and I’m sure glad. It ticks all the boxes I seek. Though it’s the most long lasting foundation in the universe that has ZERO rub off, it is kinda matte even, it doesn’t age u at alllll. I have normal combo skin. Many compare this to Revlon Colorstay, teinte idole, mac studio fix or pro longwear, etc; NO. This is it. End all be all. Idk if someone with very oily or dry skin would have problems but for me it’s great! I use any type of foundation brush or for lighter coverage a beauty blender. If I forget to prime I at least have my skincare routine underneath including various serums creams and sunscreen that acts like a primer (unseen sunscreen, or something like that) and it’s fine. I have a million primers though and like to use a luminizing one; I powder over every foundation I use including this one with any one of my large collection of setting powders depending on the look I’m going for; and then apply powder contour, highlight, and blush, and use a luminous finishing powder on top of all that. Oh I always use under eye concealer too - I have an elaborate separate ritual for that with its own primer and powder. The look lasts til u take it off and it’s white collar approved! (As in the shirt not the social status haha). This is my favorite foundation out of the BILLION I own (mostly high end but I get sucked in at rite aid sometimes ha). I’m 40 so I’ve been obsessed with makeup since 13 so... that’s kinda to be expected. I try tinted moisturizers and lighter formulas and stuff, but they look good maybe for the second I put them on, then rub off. Or separate. Or sink into pores and fine lines. Or have denatured alcohol. The ingredient list on this is surprisingly short. It obviously must be thoroughly double cleansed at night. First an oil based balm or cleanser then a regular one. I may even go over it with a cotton of micellar water to make sure I’ve gotten everything. If I were (gasp) only able to keep one foundation for life, this would be it.

About reviewer (385 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3 months ago

I wish I could give this five stars but unfortunately I will have to return my double wear :(. This is the best foundation I have ever used by far, but certain ingredients in the formula exacerbate my acne, meaning no matter how amazing it is I will still break out if I use it. However!!! For people who do not have sensitive skin, this will be your holy grail product. The buildable coverage allows for versatility on days when I don’t want to use concealer, and the matte finish is the perfect canvas for bronzing and sculpting the face. It really had a wow factor for me that not many products can produce. I spent the summer in Hawaii and my double wear endured sweating, sun, and the occasional splash from the pool. It is truly budget friendly foundation. So so so sad that I will be letting this one go!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29