3.9

Shop Now

Reviews

from

a year ago

Oh, what to start with? In terms of makeup, this product was the best discovery I've ever made. Yes, it is expensive, but it took me almost a year to finish it (and I am using it daily), so it's worth the money! If you are looking for full coverage, matte finish this is not your product, as it offers a natural, light to medium finish, leaving the skin all luminous and fresh looking. I must add here that I have sensitive, combination skin with the occasional acne, but this product didn't break me out or irritate me at all. I do need to use a bit of powder on top of it, but I don't see this as a major issue. Bonus: It comes in many shades, suitable for various skin tones and undertones. I use the 4,5 one for light skin with neutral undertone, but 4,25 (light - peachy) also works for me. All in all, a gentle, beautiful product, that leaves the skin looking great.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

My Skin: NC25 that leans *slightly* neutral than overly yellow. Combination-Dry (oily in the nose area, but dry-to-normal everywhere else). Texture issues (mild to moderate acne pits/pock marks) from teenage moderate acne. No wrinkles, but fine lines on forehead and under eyes. My shade in Luminous Silk: 3.5 I can't believe that I had not previously reviewed Luminous Silk!! This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE foundation! I discovered Luminous Silk in December 2017 and haven't looked back. I believe I first encountered this foundation when I received a sample in the shade 5.5 in a Sephora shipment. Although the shade was off I fell in love with the natural, skin-like finish. I like wearing makeup but I don't like makeup wearing me lol I go for a more natural look, and play up my eyes with heavy mascara and my lips with bold colors. I don't like a flat, matte face, but of course I don't want to look oily either. I want that dewy, healthy look with my skin shining through, and Luminous Silk really does deliver in those ways. I have combo-dry skin with acne scars and I think this does a great job blurring acne scars/ acne pits aka "pock marks". It's not a miracle, but I think it does a good job. You will need to set with a powder, but the finish is very skin like and natural. Although the days of teenage acne are over for me, I still remember the frustration. I think that if you are dealing with moderate to heavy acne that Luminous Silk might not provide enough coverage. Also, if you have oily to very oily skin, then Luminous Silk might not work for you either. Of course with makeup everything is case-by-case, so I'm not saying you should just write this foundation off. I'm meaning to try before you buy. Get a sample first and see how you like Luminous Silk. Plus, this is pricey, so sampling might be a good recommendation for anyone interested in this foundation. My ONLY gripe was how hard it was to find the correct shade, and I've heard many others with the same complaint. As I previously stated, my initial sample was in shade 5.5 and I knew it was too dark (like the type of dark where you know you could wear it in the summer but can't pull off in the winter). So, foolishly, I blindly purchased a full bottle of shade #5 thinking it would be light enough. However, shade #5 is too neutral and light for an NC25. In fact, shade #5 is almost pinkish or perhaps just too beige for warm toned skin. So, after I returned shade #5, I decided to do some research before making another purchase. I never tried 4.5, 5.75, or 6, but I've heard 5.75 is darker than 6 and that 6 is for NC30 olive skin. I read someone in a blog mention shade #3.5 for her NC25 skin and that was the winner for me. Shade #3.5 is warm toned but isn't overly yellow, is not at all pink or beige... It's just the perfect shade for me. I haven't had trouble with oxidizing either. These shade recommendations might not be perfect, but hopefully it is a helpful guide: 3.5= NC25 4.5= maybe a more neutral NC25 ?? Could also work for a lighter NC30 5= beige NC20 5.5= somewhere between NC30 and NC35 5.75= maybe NC35 ?? 6= NC30 olive Because Luminous Silk has a thinner, more liquid consistency I prefer to apply it with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush rather than a damp BeautyBlender. I usually only need 2 pumps of foundation to cover my whole face, so although this foundation is pricey, a bottle will last for quite awhile.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I wanted a foundation that would give some glow to my dull, over-50 skin. Apart from a few wrinkles, dull, uneven tone is my main problem and a bad foundation just enhances it. This product is perfect for me. I use very little and apply with a brush. I blend as much as possible and the final effect is very natural, absolutely not chalky and slightly luminous. I found the perfect color for my skin, even if on a swatch it looked a bit too yellowish, but once blended, it absolutely disappears. It lasts the whole day and it feels very natural. I find it perfect for my mature skin and would definitely recommend, even if pricey.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

a year ago

Wow, this is gorgeous.. It’s funny when I first tried this, I looked in my bathroom mirror and thought it was nothing special. So much so, I thought I would return it to sephora. I didn’t realize how wonderful it looked until I got out of my bathroom and outside in the light! Maybe it needed time to set or something?! The finish is perfect and it lasts all day.. I set with Laura mercier glow. I love it so much, I’m afraid I will no longer want to use my Estée Lauder. This is so pricey, I will probably limit to using it twice a week if I can. For the record, I have pretty good skin, some small pores and a couple of light acne scars that I’m hoping will fade. Also, I could see myself using this in the summer, because it’s so light and natural. IMO, probaly not for those who want a heavier coverage but it would probably look great none the less..

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3.0

a year ago

This foundation on my dry skin ended up clinging to dry patches. It's much better though with a primer, and pigmentation is good. The finish I found more matte than luminous. With a primer and setting spray it lasts all day and night, but without a primer it looked patchy after 5 hours. Given the hype and the price tag I expected much better.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

a year ago

This is my holy grail foundation. I have skin that ranges from normal to extremely dry and flaky. This foundation doesn't catch on dry areas, is comfortable to wear throughout the day, is decently long-wearing with setting spray. The satin finish is very flattering because it diffuses the appearance of texture. The biggest differences between this and all the other foundations I have tried: It looks nearly identical to my natural skin once blended in, and it doesn't settle into my fine lines, even after hours of wear. I've never personally worn another foundation that performs as well as this one. Of course this won't work for 100% of people, but it's definitely worth trying if you haven't already.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesGreen

a year ago

I luv this foundation, it suit my preference on makeup. I hesitate to buy it because this is highly rave , I don't go well so much with high rave products (chanel powder,LM powder), not because it's not good, it is an okay products for me. But this foundation makes me happy, it still shows my skin, I look like I don't overpack my skin, although I actually wear a lot of makeup, corrector, foundation,concealer,powder. But I still look like I don't wear a tons of makeup. I like this kinda preference of makeup. If I want to look more polish, I put 1 pump , if I want to just even my skin, I use half pump. The pigment is spot one. Not overly too much until you have to blend like crazy, not no pigment until you have to put so much to build up . This is also that makes me love this foundation. I also hesitate on buying this, because I actually prefer my foundation more pinkbase or yellow that Bobbi Brown use, Bobbi Brown's yellow is not warm, I don't look good with overly yellow warm base. for me it's weird looking at my face very yellow (although its a pretty golden), but the rest of my body is soo pale. It's just no match. But Bobbi yellow is just pretty yellow which I haven't find in other brands. Their yellow makes me look wow. Probably it's called neutral yellow, sorry if this is wrong. This GA foundation color is actually great. Not warm, not overly pink. It's basically come back to ur liking. What's the type of makeup that you feel the most pretty in . Because some pro said to use yellow, some pro said to use neutral. Everyone is right. This thing scream luxury (not the bottle, the quality), which I appreciate very much since I pay luxury price for this.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2.0

a year ago

This looked great when I first put it on with a Beauty Blender. I used color 4.5 and the match was great...until...2 hours later it oxidised and I became orange. Also the coverage is not very good. I can't believe so many beauty editors love this...

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

2.0

a year ago

It blends beautifully and looks really good for the first two hours......then it oxidized bad on me...and makes me look very muddy. I'm around nc 25 and i got 3.5.\\

About reviewer (382 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

a year ago

Every time I try another foundation to either save money, or to see if there’s something better for me out there, I always come back to Luminous Silk. I use very little product, yet any redness or uneven skin tone covers instantly and naturally. I need very little additional coverage (if any) with cover up creams in certain areas. It lasts all day for me and does not collect in lines My skin loves it!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over