3.9

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

3 days ago

Shade 3 is a fair (around NC10), yellow toned shade. Pros: Beautiful natural, satin finish. Cons: Mid - medium coverage at best. Breaks my acne prone skin out. Hella expensive.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

a month ago

This is a fine foundation. It's easy to apply, leaves a beautiful finish and smells good*. It's nicely hydrating for my desert-dry skin... But I don't quite get it's cult following. It may have deserved it's cult-y rep at one time, but not any more, when so many amazing lower priced options exist that look just as beautiful on, and last longer. (L'Oreal True Match and True Match Lumi come instantly to mind, as does Too Faced Dew You.) I bought mine online from Sephora (after a couple of cocktails one night I suddenly didn't care about the ridiculous price tag, and PayPal one-click happened so fast I didn't even have time to second guess my purchase.) After it arrived I ended up exchanging it for a darker shade (I went from 5.0 to 5.5) which was easy to do and allowed me to downsize to the mini bottle the second time around....after a couple of tries with 5.0 I knew I wouldn't need an entire $64 bottle of it. It leaves a beautiful luminous finish that pretty much disappears once you apply a setting powder, which is necessary to make this foundation last more than a few hours...yes, it wears off that fast, for me at least (even when primered and set! I'm also an online teacher, so most foundations have to be powdered otherwise my forehead looks like a giant strobe light on camera.) The foundation comes in many shades and the undertones of both 5.0 and 5.5 worked well for me....they are warm but not too yellow. I recommend you get a sample first and see how it wears before you spend the money. If you love it, go for it, but remember there are many drug store options that are just as good, at one third the price. *There's no reason any foundation should be scented....fragrance is just something that could irritate your skin, so it comes down to personal preference and whether or not your skin can handle it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

from

2 months ago

I've been using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 20beige as my liquid foundation and got really sick of the perfume and alcohol in that. I got myself the Luminous Silk on a whim in shade 4 and I must say I am really impressed. It looks like second skin and feels weightless. It has a really nice natural look and evens out my skintone beautifully without looking cakey or dry. I have combo oily tzones and dehydrated cheeks. I get dry around the mouth and oily in my nose and forehead. I also have large pores on my cheeks this does not accentuate anything bad and gives me a healthy glow without looking greasy. I'd say its a natural finish so it isn't matte but it is not dewy. This has never broken me out even wearing it everyday for 6-8 hours a day. I use this with a sponge or Smashbox Blurring Foundation Brush and it looks amazing. I do not set this with powder either and I am very happy with how it looks throughout the day. I also set this foundation with Luminous Silk Compact in shade 2 with Smash Box Sheer Powder Brush. They work beautifully together ****I must warn those with dry skin to moisturize well because it can look dry if I dont prime with a hydrating base since I do have drier cheek and mouth area. I use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base and they pair really well together. Also this foundation dries down pretty fast so work one side of the face at a time!! Sometimes I do miss my Chanel Vitalumiere because its so much easier to work with and no fuss whatsoever. I honestly still prefer the Chanel deep down. I will finish this bottle since its so expensive but I might go back to vitalumiere aqua after.

About reviewer (425 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 months ago

I love this foundation, such a natural look. But the price of their products are very expensive.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

1.0

3 months ago

Hate this foundation. It's patchy and settles strangely. Drying. Waste of money.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

3 months ago

I bought this foundation because many people have said that it is the best foundation ever. I have combination skin and this foundation looked awful! I applied it with a blending brush and also with a beauty blender on a different day but it looked terrible either way. It was very patchy and made my skin look worse when it was on. By the end of the day the foundation had pretty much come off completely and I have never experienced this with any foundation. I think the product is overrated and definitely overpriced. I wouldn’t even by this foundation if it was £5! The only nice thing about this foundation is the packaging

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

2.0

3 months ago

I have recently tested this foundation. I wore it for 8 hours and was very very disappointed. First it settled into all lines and pores on my face, making it look worse. After 3-4 hrs it became super shiny and practically melted away from my skin. I think for people with combination skin and first signs of aging this product may not be worth it. I recommend bobbi brown skin foundation and chanel ultra teint velvet.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

3 months ago

Pros -Natural finish -Great colour match -Subtle undertones Cons -Silicone/slippery texture no great for building coverage so I wouldn’t recommend for those with darker blemishes. -Expensive. -Not ‘beautiful’ or radiant. -Doesn't mix well with most foundations. I liked this foundation because it really did look like skin however I think that’s partly due to the sheer-medium coverage. On a drab skin day it will look drab and crepey, on a good day it will look clean and plain. I’m my opinion it’s overpriced. A powder foundation like Jane Iredale would achieve the same effect, if not better. Recommended for those with normal/ combination skin.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

4 months ago

This foundation is kind of pricy and I don't love it enough to buy it once I've finished it. I have dark spots and I can't seem to find the right way to blend it properly, but that might just be me not know how to put on foundation the right way. I do like how light weight it is-- the consistency is great-- and if my skin was perfectly clear, I might be more inclined to give it a higher rating. Right now, I just don't know if it's better than any other foundations on the market.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

4 months ago

Really surprised by the hype surrounding this. On my dry skin, it is not luminous at all. It's got a very dull and flat finish. Coverage is buildable, good shades to choose from, but other than that, this is nothing special. It's probably better suited to combo skin instead of dry skin.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age56 & Over