Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this all week and its one of few foundations that still look really nice at the end of the day on my skin! I am shade NC15 to NC20 for reference and use shade 3 in the luminous silk foundation. I think this foundation is very similar to the TF born this way foundation but it is more luminous and sheer and very build-able which I love. The only downside of this foundation is the price. Here in Australia this foundation is $99! luckily I ordered it off Selfridges and its only $56. My new holey grail foundation.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Good foundation, not one of my favorites but would purchase again! Texture is super lightweight, didn't exactly like it's coverage. I have oily skin, and had to powder my face once or twice a day.

Looks so flawless on, not matte nor dewy. Long wearing but do need to touch up during the day. PERFECT colour range. 6 is my colour. Not too yellow. Very similar to face and body but more coverage. Only down Side is the price but I'm gonna keep buying. It is my HG foundation

Just......nope. No. This is a horrible foundation. This stuff will find every pore, every line, every wrinkle on my face and settle there. I was thoroughly disgusted with this product. To top it off, its expensive.

Upon initial application, I thought this would be great. It goes on so very nicely, it spread out so very smoothly on my face. But after it settled in, it was all over.

I got a luxury samples (those 5 ml tubes which allow for a couple extensive tests) for some of the Armani foundations (also Power Fabric and Maestro - both not for my skin and don't even warrant a review) and I'm glad I did, because for foundations that get rave reviews I tend to lose any common sense and immediately get a full bottle or two of shades that I think might match me. So I got the shade 3 and it's neutral/yellow and it almost matched my pale skin nicely, the other light color in shade 2 looked too cool when swatched so I didn't bother with it. The application with a brush is easy, it's spreadable and doesn't set instantly so kudos for that. I could't see any harsh edges so it blends well. The coverage is somewhat sheer-medium, more layers make it medium, but then it looks chalky. That's where the pros end. It immediately sets into every pore, crease, line and wrinkle, especially under eyes. It's not long wearing either, it breaks up and continues to migrate into pores and lines all the time. I even went in with my finger to re-blend it a couple times, but after ½ h it's back. At the 4 hour mark it had completely broken up and not pretty to look at. The migration issue also makes skin look older. The next day I tried with a silica setting powder as I find those set foundations nicely without a powdery look. The powder did improve some one the migration, but it still settled in pores and lines and it still broke up at the 4 h mark. On third day I tried it on bare skin, but then it just went straight into pores and quickly broke up. To sum my experience up: it's not long-lasting at all, it does make my skin look older and rougher as the day goes on, it's a bit shiny and not in the good glowy kind of way. It's a hard pass for this foundation.

on 5/25/2017 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am a NC20 in MAC and I wear 4 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. My other matches are NARS Deauville, Bourjois 52 Vanille, Too Faced Born This Way Vanilla, and MUFE Ultra HD Y245. 3.5 is a good match in the summer for when I'm darker, or around NC25.

The packaging on this foundation is lovely and screams elegance and high class. It features a substantial cap with a heavy frosted bottle. The pump distributes the perfect amount of product and never gets messy.

Honestly, this is not a bad foundation but I find it to be extremely dupeable and nothing special. This foundation is very similar to L'Oreal's Dream Lumi, which is not so surprising since both brands are owned by L'Oreal. I find that both of those foundations look and wear the exact same on the skin. This was my go-to foundation in my senior year of high school and first year of university. It provides a flawless satin finish that is slightly dewy, but it does not scream shiny at all; it gives me about medium coverage that is buildable. When first applied, it looks very natural and polished. Setting it with a powder is a must.

This foundation is gorgeous, but the way it breaks down is unflattering. Around the 6 hour mark, visible signs of the foundation wearing off begins to show, breaking down in patches all over my face and pooling around my nostrils. When it starts to break down, it really starts to show skin imperfections such as bumps, pores and dry flakes.

Overall it's okay, not terrible but not excellent either. There is a drugstore dupe of this available already and there are better foundations at this price point. If you're looking for similar foundations, I would recommend Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for all skin types, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau for normal to combo/dry, and Too Faced Born This Way for dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh, why is this soo expensive?? So, I can't comment on the packaging because I didn't actually buy this...I got a sample from Sephora, which by the way is IMPOSSIBLE because it seems only the stores in fancy, expensive parts of town carry this to sample. I got it in the Mall of Emirates in Dubai and it is worth the hype. The coverage, formula, consistency...everything is a freaking dream! It feels so good and I was so sad when I ran out.
I will say, despite all its virtues, it is still foundation and it is hella expensive. Unless this bad boy also cleared my skin and made my eyelashes as long as extensions...I couldn't justify the price. So for all my MUAers out there who have the money to spend, go for it!

I love this foundation, I have super dry skin (kind of combo skin tbh). Normal foundations would stick to my skin and look powdery, this one works so well! Blends and makes your makeup look truly natural! Gives you a glow!

I don't understand the hype over this foundation. It makes my well-cared-for, moisturized, exfoliated skin look like the Sahara desert while simultaneously turning my normal-to-moderately-oily T-zone into an oil slick. Amazing.

It emphasizes every fine line, dry patch, and pore on my face. And I cannot, for the life of me, find a shade that matches me (and I am what I consider a fairly common fair/light Caucasion skin tone). It very much looks like makeup no matter how sheerly I have attempted to apply it...I have also tried it over multiple different primers with no significant change in performance. Not once, not twice, but THREE times I have given this a try and I have ended up returning the product to Sephora each time (thank goodness for their great return policy). I'm done with this. It's great that it works out as HG status for so many, but GA has somehow gone very far afield from what works for my skin.

on 5/15/2017 9:44:00 PM

This foundation is wonderful. I have tried every foundation you can think of...Chanel, Estee Lauder, MAC, Dior, Urban Decay, Benefit, Hourglass..well you get the idea! :) This foundation does not look cakey, there a wide range of colors to choose from, and looks great in photographs. If you have dry skin, I highly suggest this foundation. Thank you.