Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is the first foundation that I have used that actually makes my skin look like skin. It photographs beautifully and just enhances your skin rather than make it look like you're wearing a mask.

I have dry skin with hyperpigmentation and this foundation makes my skin look dewy and not greasy. I can't give it a 5 start rating because some of my hyperpigmentation peaks through even after colour correcting and two coats of foundation.

Even though I have to use two different colours of this foundation to get my exact match, I still find it worth it to use this foundation. For shade reference, I am closest to NC42 at MAC, although MAC tends to run a bit yellow/orange on me. For luminous silk, I use 2 pumps 7.5 and a partial pump of 9 and it's an EXACT match for my skin colour. Lots of trial and error to get the perfect match to my neutral golden undertone.

I apply this on top of the Becca backlight primer and use a very damp Beauty Blender to apply. I set it with the Chanel loose powder in Gold (shade 3).

on 2/19/2017 6:07:00 AM

This foundation is the closest color match that I have ever found. I read that no. 6 is the best foundation for those of us with olive skin that can not find a color match, they were right. The problem is the alcohol, my eyes could not tolerate the life being sucked out of my skin. They were literally burning. I need something with hydration, glycerin or hyaluronic acid. I suppose if you have oily skin, this would work but even oily skin should be careful with the alcohol content.

on 2/17/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros:
This foundation makes my skin look wonderful and I've had a few random compliments while wearing it. The packaging also feels very luxurious.

Cons:
I probably would have more compliments if I wore this more often, but anytime I wear it two days in a row, I break out. The consistency is a little weird to me too--it feels a little oily and thin when I apply it. Also, the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark--I make it work with other make up and always apply it down my neck and chest but I always feel like an oompa loompa when I first apply it.

This foundation is amazing! Holy Grail 100%!!! I am a total foundation junkie and have tried every high end and drug store foundation out there. With maturing skin, it is hard to find something that does not settle into my lines, look cakey, or just sits on top of my skin. I want that sorta dewy look but not matte or oily. I want a foundation that looks like skin but enhances and improves. I want a beautiful glow. I do not want a foundation that oxidizes or has sunscreen.

I have been wearing this foundation every day for a week before writing a review. I have never written a review about a foundation because nothing has ever met my expectations before. I cannot express enough how amazing this foundation is. I have horses and I have worn it to ride my horse and it doesn't budge and still looks flawless after several hours. I wear it all day when just working or going to the grocery store or going to the mall or watching TV. Flawless. It is a medium coverage that is buildable and is a soft natural finish that looks glowy and healthy but not flat matte or shiny oily. All day looks flawless. I feel 10 years younger. I also do not set my foundation with powder because I feel it changes the look of what the foundation is supposed to look like. Some foundations I have had to touch up with powder throughout the day, this foundation I have not had to do so. I have normal/dry skin.

It comes in a glass container with a pump and each pump gives you the perfect amount of foundation. I apply it without a primer. I like it without a primer so it melts into my skin and looks natural. I have tried a few primers and while it is still beautiful on, I like the look it gives me without one. I do apply Clinique extreme moisturizer first and use a Beauty Blender to apply it. I have tried a few different brushes, which again it applies beautifully, but the Beauty Blender gives it that airbrushed look. I only need one pump of product and it covers my whole face. You could use two pumps if you want a more full coverage look.

Simply put, this is the best foundation I have ever used. It is a bit pricey but the way it makes my face look and the way it makes me feel, well, that is worth a million bucks to me!!

on 2/10/2017 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I wanted to buy this for ages but I waited due to the price - I finally caved in & bought it. My previous foundation was from Loreal (so this one was a bit of a step up) & whenever I went out and had photos taken my face would always be white in the photo, even though it's a dark shade foundation. With Luminous Silk, it doesn't contain SPF so in photos, even with the flash, it brings out my colour. I also bought the micro fill loose powder to go with it.

on 2/4/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Finally caved in and bought this, thank goodness I did... I love it so much! The only downside is that it's not really luminous, it dries almost matte? When swatched it's super dewy and luminous and just breath taking but the only disappointment is how matte it dries :( it seriously looks like your skin but even better my favorite foundation by far!!

on 1/20/2017 8:49:00 PM

Holy Grail and im very hard to please. This is a beautiful foundation, my only regret is not finding it sooner.

Its a medium coverage but can be built up to full or sheared out. It glides on like a dream, it has lots of playtime so it doesnt dry too quickly, its so easy to blend, doesn't sit in pores or fine lines, I can put it under my eyes and dont have to worry about creasing, it covers all my redness as I get dry rosacea on my cheeks, it doesn't cling to dry patches or look cakey. Its luminous but slightly matt at the same time if that makes sense. Its also very neutral toned.

I usually wear Double wear foundation and I do really love it but I find that it clings to my dry skin if I dont prime extremly well and even then it can look cakey and sometimes it settles into lines and can show up dry patches so ive been on the hunt for something similar but more suited to my skin type and Luminous silk is definitely it. I have a feeling it might not suit very oily skin types so id say get a sample if youre unsure, it seems like its more suited to normal/dry skin.

Its expensive but worth it in my opinion and anyway its only 5 euro more than Double wear so I dont feel im spending much more than I usually would anyway.

The luminous silk foundation is my new holy grail, even though it quite pricey. The bottle feels nice and heavy, which rhymes with very good quality in my eyes. The consistency is creamy, and even though it is very lightweight, it covers all of my imperfection. It is definitely worth the price.

on 1/17/2017 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG foundation. I have normal/dry skin, and this compliments my skintype and tone so well. I'm NC20 (but a bit more olive-toned than super yellow), and I use 4.0 in LS, which is a really good match.
The finish is not dewy as the name might lead you to believe, but its more of a satin-y finish which I prefer for most days. If I want a more dewy and glowy finish I mix it with MAC strobe cream and have no issues with it.
It last for about 9-10 hours on my skin, and it photographs beautifully! So this is a good foundation for a long evening event where you need to look flawless.
The coverage is medium, an can be build up to almost full coverage. I wouldn't recommend doing that though, it just doesn't look as good as it can.
I use a beauty blender with great results or a flat top kabuki brush for at bit more coverage. I don't think it applies well with fingers, but I guess thats a personal preference.

My HG foundation! I only recently started splurging on high-end foundations, as I was never sure they were worth it (and I now get 30% off at sephora a few days each month and can afford them). This shade suits me perfectly and the foundation itself is HEAVENLY. I still use about three pumps (I've read in reviews that it's normal to use less), but the coverage is perfect for me and it really is silky. It's not super matte, IMO it's more dewy and on the sheer-to-mid coverage side. I don't have very sensitive skin and don't break out from makeup, so I can't say anything on that. The coverage is not heavy enough that I don't still need to coverup my under-eye circles or a red spot here or there (but I've never had a foundation that was so heavy I didn't need concealer!).

My shade is 4.75, I'm quite fair and neutral and it's a perfect fit!