Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 7/17/2016 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best foundation I've used.
To be fair I haven't tried many foundations because I have decent skin (normal leaning towards dry, and doesn't require heavy coverage) so I tend to stick to bb cream with beneficial properties when I do wear make up, but all the ones I've tried for foundation (Dior Forever, Estee Lauder double wear, Clarins, YSL serum, Too Faced born this way) didn't look too different to my skin without foundation.
When I tried this, I wasn't expecting a miracle, but after application I was so surprised to see that it actually made my skin look better! It made my skin look like one of those porcelain dolls.
It lasted pretty well too, considering I didn't wear powder over it, and it didn't dry out my skin at the end of the day like some of the other foundations did (I'm looking at you, EL double wear).
The only con is the price ($90+ in David Jones), but I think it's worth the investment considering how often I wear makeup. Although I have a feeling I'll be wearing make up more often with this beauty in the collection! Love it!

Packaging is soooo luxurious and GIRL OMGGG I went to the Selena Gomez concert and I remembered looking in natural light and I was GLOWING in the right places. You don't even need highlight!!!! Only cons to this is that it's expensive :((( I would recommend for people with dry skin, oily..not so much

To Read all 1224 Reviews, Login or Join

Glad I have not purchased the product without testing it as it has not lived up to my expectations. I could not see much luminescence after applying the foundation. All the dry patches were clearly seen, and that doesn't happen when I use my regular foundations. The finish is semi-matte/satin.
Color 5 I was matched to was also slightly light for my NW25 skin tone. It was pretty neutral though which I find nice.

Bought this foundation because of all the hype and I love luminous dewy foundations. This was not luminous on me whatsoever. It clung to my dry patches, wore off within 3 hours (with primer) and looked cakey. I tried everything from moisturizing to exfoaliating. This foundation just did not work for me. The coverage is definitely light. I was hoping more for a medium coverage and this does not build well in the nose area. I did however use up the whole bottle, but will not be repurchasing again.

I love, love, love this foundation! It is true that gives the most beautiful finish on the skin without looking mask like. I love it even more when I set it with the luminous silk compact to extend the wear time and keeping me looking flawless for up to 8 hours. No kidding. I only need to blot once and set it again with the same compact powder to look fresh and it's definitely not cakey at all. When I use it on top of IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness concealer, it blends so well on top of it and it didn't look like I had any concealer on my skin. I have tried more than 30 foundations and this is truly my No. 1 right now for me to be using this for 2 weeks straight. Love it to bits!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Having always had normal/dry slightly cakey prone skin.. I think I've found my HOLY grail foundation.
I first tested it out with a generous tester from the SA in Selfridges (always get testers before you commit)!!!
My face looked healthy, dewy natural and luminous without even the slightest hint of it being cakey. even if I layer it on. 😍 (If that doesn't deserve a 5* rating then I don't know what does)
Slightly pricey but worth investing if you're dry skinned like me that wants a luminous but natural finish.

on 6/27/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Very poor coverage . Sits on top of my skin. Makes me shiny throughout the day and I have nonral to dry skin.

on 6/24/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Your skin but better, light weight everyday foundation that just gives your own skin a sheer glow coating without feeling like your wearing any makeup. Wouldn't recommend if you are after a full coverage foundation

on 6/24/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! This foundation is amazing. No SPF which means it will photographed well under any kind of light and even with flash photography! Skin looks luminous and not flat matte! Your skin looks healthy and beautiful with glow... Medium coverage and holds well on my skin. Highly recommended!!!

on 6/20/2016 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my new summer foundation. I wear a high spf sunblock all year round on face, neck and hands. I could tan if I so chose but I dont so I fake a sunkissed look. Shade 6 is perfect for doing just that on my pale olive complexion. I love how sheer it is. If I need a bit of coverage then I apply concealer there. Its pricey but I think this will last me a couple of years. Looking natural is very important to me and this is perfect. It lasts for many hours with a decent primer underneath.