Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 4/23/2017 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Luminous Silk is literally a do-it-all foundation for me: throw a little on in a hurry and you’ll have a natural-looking, slightly glowy base, or build up the coverage for an evening out and it’ll look amazing in photos. It’s one of the foundations I tend to take with me when I go away because I know it’ll cooperate with my skin no matter what condition it’s in.

I'd say it has medium coverage but can be built up to almost full and sets to a natural looking finish. I often hear people describing this foundation as ‘matte’ but I have to say I disagree; there is a definite radiance to it. The day I wore this again for the first time in a little while, my dad asked me if I’d gotten a new foundation because my 'face was glowing’ - when even your dad notices how good your skin is looking, you know the foundation is a keeper! Luminous Silk feels relatively hydrating on my skin and doesn’t accentuate dry patches. It also dries/sets quite fast so be sure to blend quickly and not apply too much at a time.

I would probably recommend this foundation for drier/more normal skin types as the longevity is adequate, but not superb. I have no qualms wearing it on a night out but will always wear a primer underneath and set it with powder to increase lasting power. I actually often mix it with NARS Sheer Glow to increase coverage and longevity for events. It’s not really the best choice for super hot/humid conditions as it can get shiny, but works fine in milder weather, so I would probably shy away from it if you have an oilier skin type. I'm somewhere between an NC 20-25 and wear 4 when I’m at my natural skin tone and 6 works perfectly when I’m tanned.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lovely foundation, medium to full coverage yet feels lightweight on the skin.

I have a long history with this product. First time i bought the shade was way too dark for me. I had to mix it in with other foundations.I liked it anyway. Now that i have the right shade (5) i fell in love. It looks gorgeous. Blends with the skin, creating naturall slightly powdery finish. The key is finding your shade. I also love how it wears. When set with powder, it lasts about 8 houra. As hours go by it blends into the skin even better. It makes me look like I'm wearing nothing at all while hiding all the imperfections.

natural finish
light
last well after setting
price
scented

on 3/22/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried this after seeing so many reviews and videos praising its greatness. This did not work for me. I have combo to dry skin right now. I used Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer on my problem areas (as Karima does in her videos with this). I also set it with Laura Mercier powder. This just slid off of my face or disappeared in some areas and I only wore it for about 8 hours. Where I work is very chilly, so warmth was not an issue. The places it stayed put looked okay, but not good. I'm very disappointed in this high end foundation.

I bough this after talking to a sales assistant who assured me Armani products are "recommended by dermatologists" and all use "superior' ingredients". This was music to my ears, having just suffered a 4 month period of allergy triggered eczema.

After doing a color match on me, she made up my entire face and at first, the finish was beautiful, I was impressed so bough this plus two other products (blusher and primer). By the time I got home however, my face was itchy, and by that night my ENTIRE face was red. After a careful reading of the ingredients list I was HORRIFIED to discover that Armani uses both limonene and linalool - these are cheap, well known irritants that are only added for the sake of fragrance. I was surprised that a premium brand such of this had resorted to such cheap and unnecessary ingredients. So much for "dermatologist recommended" and "superior" ingredients.... I think not!

on 3/20/2017 8:52:00 AM

I really wanted it to work for me after reading so many good reviews and watching videos. But unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations.
My skin is dry and sensitive but I don't have obvious acne or scar problems. All I wanted to achieve was a really "luminious and silky" look. My skin ended up looking quite matte ! Not luminious at all. And although the coverege is medium, my skin didn't look like healthy and flawless.
Lancome teint miracle was the foundation I been using till then, I liked it but I wanted a bit more coverage that's why I tried armani. Teint miracle never irritates my sensitive skin and although armani is noncomodogenic as well, it caused some itchiness on forehead(due to my dryness maybe) but I made sure to apply a base of lots of moisturiser and primer ( which I got from Armani as well ). Nars all day luminious was also not very luminious but at least looked healthier on me. Maybe that word luminious means something different than I think.
Over all, I could't get that glowy healthy finish.
I tried this foundation for like 1-2 weeks and maybe in summer days when skin is already good, I can make use of the bottle I bought. But for now, I am considering to go back to Lancome teint miracle or try Bobbi brown intensive skin serum foundation which is said to be nice.

on 3/19/2017 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd resisted buying this Foundation because of the price, although it kept coming up as something special. I have an Armani lipstick that I love so when I finished my Chanel les Beiges I decided to give it a try. LOVE.
The coverage is sheer and build- able - like my skin but better. It's got a dewy finish and I hate to dull it by setting it with powder but sometimes still do. In general I like the fresh glow so I don't.
One pump delivers super sheer coverage, two light and three medium. If you're looking for more, this isn't the product or formula you're looking for.

I'm a finger blender but I've also applied this with a brush and it's great either way. (I'm not a beauty blender or sponge person.)

The other plus was that I exactly matched with shade 4.25. This rarely happens. Nars is always too yellow, and Chanel can be too (they change formula so often I never buy the same thing 2x) and my best bet is usually YSL or Estee.

Would totally splurge on this again. I'm in love.

on 3/18/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have used, alongside with Urban Decay Naked Skin (and the discontinued Bourjois 123 Foudnation).

I have it in shades 3.0, which is my transitional shade (nc25) and 2.0, which is my winter shade (between nc15 and nc20).

The shade 2.0 is a perfect neutral shade, slightly yellow (not a beige).

The foundation works very Well on My dehydrated oily skin.

I prep my skin with a light moisturizer (Caudalie sorbet, the light pink tube). I apply the foundation with a moist sponge (Real Techniques works better than Beauty Blender - quite a mistery, really). Using a buffing brush gives a similar outcome, but the sponge is definitely a better option. That way, the pores are better covered.

When I apply the foundation, my skin looks really perfect and even.

On top I put Hourglass compact powder, but it doesn't make a difference - whichever powder is on top, it looks natural and soft (Mac loose setting powder, Guerlain Perls in Medium).

The foundation lasts really long. I tested it on all weather conditions, and there is only a difference with my oiliness but despite, the foundation sits well. I get 8 hours without retouching. By 12 hours, the foundation slightly sinks into pores, but still looks good and wearable.

I highly recommend both of the foundations!

The match is on point, the foundation is longwearing, doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make my skin oilier than usual. It's the best I came across.

Mac Prolongwear nc20 - slightly too orange
Estée Lauder DW 1w2 - slightly too orange
Burberry Velvet Ochre - slightly darker
Lancôme 24 Idole Beige Albatre - slightly darker and too orange (match with first two above)

Urban Decay 2.0 Naked
Bourjois 123 foundation 52
Giorgio Armani Luminous 2.0

on 3/14/2017 12:57:00 PM

I tried two testers from this foundation and all I can say that if you have an oily and acne prone skin like mine, this is not for you.

on 3/10/2017 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry, acne prone skin with some hyperpigmentation. I've been using this for the last 2 years.

PROS:
- really amazing for dry skin. I've never had a problem with flaking or my skin feeling too tight or cakey. Even on those days where I was too lazy to prep my face correctly, this foundation was really reliable.

- when I don't have an active breakout, one pump is enough to cover dark spots as long as I used a brush instead of a beauty blender. I got the best result when I used my finger to lightly spread it over my face, left it to sit for a minute while I did my eyeliner, and then blended it in with the brush.
- Really natural finish. It looks like you don't have anything on at all. But still still really good for nights out and heavy makeup looks.

CONS:
- Not ideal for when you have a breakout. Does not cover redness well so you need 2 pumps. And the soft dewy finish was detrimental because it made light reflect off the bumps.

- The price....very high. I would repurchase this in a second if it was in the 50 dollar range but there are so many good foundations in the world. I'll look around some before I come back to this one.

I would definitely repurchase this to use at special occasions, but I'm not sure if it's worth it as an everyday foundation.