Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.5

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. I have oily acne prone skin. This does not cause me to break out. I apply this first with a flat top brush then i smooth it out with a beauty blender. I get nothing but compliments on how good my skin looks.

UPDATE: this caused my skin to get cystic acne.

I personally think (but you may disagree) this is like a thinner version of lancome teint idole ultra foundation. It has that same silky satin matte finish. I used this years ago in the shade 6 but haven't repurchased due to the cost (I remembered I paid $90 AUD but I think it's now $95) and it didn't completely blow my socks off.

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So far this is the most expensive foundation I've purchased ($68 for 1oz here in Canada) so naturally my expectations were pretty high. I will admit that if there wasn't so much hype surrounding this product I probably would have passed on it but after receiving a few samples from Sephora I finally caved and bought the full bottle.

Pros:

- it definitely provides the luminosity and radiance that I was looking for in a foundation
- the coverage is light/medium (leaning more towards medium) and is buildable
- the formula is lightweight and comfortable to wear
- does not oxidize on my skin
- wide range of shades to choose from
- did not irritate my sensitive skin
- the packaging is beautiful and the pump releases the perfect amount of product

Cons:

- PRICE$$$: as much as I like this foundation it just isn't worth the high price tag, with the amount of luminous/radiant foundations on the market now you can get the same benefits of this foundation at a much more affordable price
- I found that while the formula was luminous and lightweight, it was also quite drying on my skin (even with a good moisturizer and primer underneath)
- not as long wearing as I had hoped

on 3/16/2016 2:03:00 PM

I got the small size from Sephora online. It cost $42 for .6 oz. I like this but it settles a little into my lines.

on 2/10/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I waited a very long time before I allowed myself to try this foundation. My skin is NW13, combination/oily and acne-prone. I didn't want to try anything involving the word "luminous" because I like to stick to the matte look. One day I ventured over to the Armani counter and decided to get matched just for the fun of it, and to my surprise 3.75 was a spot on perfect match. I've never found a foundation to match as well as this one. That, and the foundation itself is absolutely wonderful. It's touted as sheer but it is completely buildable which I love. Whether I apply it with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or simply with my fingers, the finish is flawless. It covers up all my imperfections (some spots, slight redness and visible pores) very well and makes my skin look super smooth. Again, since I prefer the matte look I top this with a translucent loose mattifying powder and Ben Nye Final Seal in order to keep everything locked and in place. It gives me a flawless finish which lasts the entire day. I LOVE this foundation and I highly recommend it.

on 8/26/2015 9:56:00 PM

definietly on the pricey side but worth it for special occasions.

Amazing consistency. would buy again

on 7/28/2015 8:07:00 AM

I have oily skin to begin but the lo gevity of this product is pretty decent if you set it with a good powder. I like rimmel stay matte or Coty airspun both in transluscent. Let me begin by saying that the first day I wore this I was out and about at the farmers market on a super hot day. After 5 hours of wear my face looked almost better than when I just applied it. My skin looked poreless and luminous, but not shiny whatsoever. And I have oily skin so I was pretty shocked to see this baby last on my skin so long without any touch ups or fading. After a few weeks of use my skin was breaking out because of stress from finals and junk eating, so I needed more coverage and this foundation just wasn't cutting it for me anymore. Because of its consistency it takes a while to build up the product. My blemishes and darks pots were still shining through even after 3 pumps (I know too much foundation guilty), although it still didn't look caked, it just wasn't giving me any coverage! Girl I was livid. I had finals and didn't wanna spend more than 10 minutes pumping the life out of this pricey product. I put on some of my maybelline age rewind concealer on a few spots and set it and was out the door. My point is that this product is geared for those with decent skin. Not full coverage, it's strictly medium in my opinion. Doesn't look cakey, but it won't cover any acne pigmentation scaring. It's worth a shot but I returned this product.

on 6/18/2015 11:32:00 AM

Heard the rave reviews so in my search for a HG foundation I invested. Applied it with a brush and I wasn't overly impressed so next application I tried it with a beauty blender. My god it looks so nice I can't describe it. It's not high coverage id say medium but the finish is lovely! It's sort of Matt but still radiant. It's the most expensive foundation I've bought but it is lovely. On a side note originally I wanted the too faced born this way foundation but with shipping taxes it added up to a whopping 48 pounds which is like 76 dollars! I still want to try that one though but I refuse to pay that much!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
- Color match is ok/average. Not the best, not the worst. I am #3.75, although I imagine I could also try the lighter shade. I am not very satisfied with the color match though.
- Isn't drying/doesn't feel bad on the skin (comparing this directly to the foundation I was using previously the MakeUpForever Matte, which is very drying/matte)
- Finish is alright - not dewy to the point that if you have oily skin you can't use it, but also not as drying as matte foundations can sometimes be

Cons
- Coverage is not the greatest
- Not very long lasting

Overall an average foundation in my experience. Not the best, not the worst. I am on the fence about it. But I am just not crazy about this foundation. I would recommend you try it for yourself. I personally would not buy this foundation.