Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.5

on 6/29/2018 12:12:00 PM

This foundation looks really pretty when first applied. It is amazingly lightweight and gives an airbrushed look. But fast forward about 4 hours and it's break up or disappearing on my oily skin. If I only need my skin to look good for a certain number of hours it's great, but it's not a workhorse all day formula, at least for me.

on 12/31/2017 9:22:00 AM

Awful, I really wanted to love this and I even went so far as to checking my technique with the sales lady again and youtube videos.

Thin watery foundation with a lovely glow to it, beautifully packaged. Does not work with a beauty blender as too watery and product just doesn’t hit the skin so you must use a brush.

The result: patchy uneven skin, always wears off on the nose first. Wore it to work and thought I did a good job, everyone kept saying how tired I looked. Coverage is so poor and the more you use the more your pores become emphasised.

I wanted to love this and and I don’t disagree with any of the positive reviews here as skin type differs we all suit different things, but I’m very surprised they aren’t more negative reviews.

It’s over hyped and you need good skin for this foundation. If you go to the counter ask them to do a full face or even get your own sample, do not purchase based on a patch test at the counter.

I don’t even believe Kim k even wears this as her skin is flawless.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. I have oily acne prone skin. This does not cause me to break out. I apply this first with a flat top brush then i smooth it out with a beauty blender. I get nothing but compliments on how good my skin looks.

UPDATE: this caused my skin to get cystic acne.

I personally think (but you may disagree) this is like a thinner version of lancome teint idole ultra foundation. It has that same silky satin matte finish. I used this years ago in the shade 6 but haven't repurchased due to the cost (I remembered I paid $90 AUD but I think it's now $95) and it didn't completely blow my socks off.

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So far this is the most expensive foundation I've purchased ($68 for 1oz here in Canada) so naturally my expectations were pretty high. I will admit that if there wasn't so much hype surrounding this product I probably would have passed on it but after receiving a few samples from Sephora I finally caved and bought the full bottle.

Pros:

- it definitely provides the luminosity and radiance that I was looking for in a foundation
- the coverage is light/medium (leaning more towards medium) and is buildable
- the formula is lightweight and comfortable to wear
- does not oxidize on my skin
- wide range of shades to choose from
- did not irritate my sensitive skin
- the packaging is beautiful and the pump releases the perfect amount of product

Cons:

- PRICE$$$: as much as I like this foundation it just isn't worth the high price tag, with the amount of luminous/radiant foundations on the market now you can get the same benefits of this foundation at a much more affordable price
- I found that while the formula was luminous and lightweight, it was also quite drying on my skin (even with a good moisturizer and primer underneath)
- not as long wearing as I had hoped

on 3/16/2016 2:03:00 PM

I got the small size from Sephora online. It cost $42 for .6 oz. I like this but it settles a little into my lines.

on 2/10/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I waited a very long time before I allowed myself to try this foundation. My skin is NW13, combination/oily and acne-prone. I didn't want to try anything involving the word "luminous" because I like to stick to the matte look. One day I ventured over to the Armani counter and decided to get matched just for the fun of it, and to my surprise 3.75 was a spot on perfect match. I've never found a foundation to match as well as this one. That, and the foundation itself is absolutely wonderful. It's touted as sheer but it is completely buildable which I love. Whether I apply it with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or simply with my fingers, the finish is flawless. It covers up all my imperfections (some spots, slight redness and visible pores) very well and makes my skin look super smooth. Again, since I prefer the matte look I top this with a translucent loose mattifying powder and Ben Nye Final Seal in order to keep everything locked and in place. It gives me a flawless finish which lasts the entire day. I LOVE this foundation and I highly recommend it.

on 8/26/2015 9:56:00 PM

definietly on the pricey side but worth it for special occasions.

Amazing consistency. would buy again

on 7/28/2015 8:07:00 AM

I have oily skin to begin but the lo gevity of this product is pretty decent if you set it with a good powder. I like rimmel stay matte or Coty airspun both in transluscent. Let me begin by saying that the first day I wore this I was out and about at the farmers market on a super hot day. After 5 hours of wear my face looked almost better than when I just applied it. My skin looked poreless and luminous, but not shiny whatsoever. And I have oily skin so I was pretty shocked to see this baby last on my skin so long without any touch ups or fading. After a few weeks of use my skin was breaking out because of stress from finals and junk eating, so I needed more coverage and this foundation just wasn't cutting it for me anymore. Because of its consistency it takes a while to build up the product. My blemishes and darks pots were still shining through even after 3 pumps (I know too much foundation guilty), although it still didn't look caked, it just wasn't giving me any coverage! Girl I was livid. I had finals and didn't wanna spend more than 10 minutes pumping the life out of this pricey product. I put on some of my maybelline age rewind concealer on a few spots and set it and was out the door. My point is that this product is geared for those with decent skin. Not full coverage, it's strictly medium in my opinion. Doesn't look cakey, but it won't cover any acne pigmentation scaring. It's worth a shot but I returned this product.