Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 8/5/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

s a 45 + woman of color, I was delighted to find this foundation. I use No 13. The foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture. It is silky and very light but it is buildable. I actually apply it with my fingers and the amazing thing is that once I have rubbed it in a circular motion on my face, my fingers are barely stained! I also love the feel because I do not feel like I am wearing a mask. It really does feel like second skin. I absolutely love the flawless finish. This is for someone who wants to look flawless and natural. I have recently bought the Armani bronze finish powder which I apply lightly to the cheekbones and bridge of the nose for a natural glowing look. I must say that although it is pricey, I use a very small amount. I can finally say adieu to MAC NW50 and welcome to my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 13. May you live forever!

on 3/10/2018 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For years I have been watching youtube videos reviewing this foundation. I finally caved and bought it. I really wanted not to like it since it is pricey. But I love it! It blends so nice and looks great on my skin. I have dry skin in the winter and oily in the summer. I am a bit oily with this though but I still love it.

on 2/1/2018 1:06:00 AM

Bought into the hype around this and Iā€™m glad I did. It gives a lovely natural look (esp if applied with a beauty blender) and is worth the price as it lasts ages. It also seems to have a large array of shades.

on 5/15/2017 9:44:00 PM

This foundation is wonderful. I have tried every foundation you can think of...Chanel, Estee Lauder, MAC, Dior, Urban Decay, Benefit, Hourglass..well you get the idea! :) This foundation does not look cakey, there a wide range of colors to choose from, and looks great in photographs. If you have dry skin, I highly suggest this foundation. Thank you.

on 11/11/2016 11:58:00 AM

I went to the makeup counter and the lady colour matched 4.25 to my skin colour and gave me a sample to try at home. I have just finished a Chanel foundation which is good but wanted to test the market. I love this foundation it gives medium coverage without been cakey and immediately my skin looked glowing with no imperfections, I didn't even need any powder. I really like this foundation and wont be trying out any others, Iam definitely going to purchase this foundation, although its pricey it is worth every penny to have my skin looking so good šŸ‘šŸ»

on 6/24/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! This foundation is amazing. No SPF which means it will photographed well under any kind of light and even with flash photography! Skin looks luminous and not flat matte! Your skin looks healthy and beautiful with glow... Medium coverage and holds well on my skin. Highly recommended!!!

on 6/13/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

EDIT on 11/19/16: I repurchased this during the VIB sale. I got the shade 5.75 for my NC25-30 skin. It's described a medium with warm undertones. It definitely has a peachy undertone but for reason works for me and my fake tan. It makes my skin look pretty, yet still look like skin. So it's not going to be full coverage and make you look absolutely flawless, but I can see this as a good every day foundation. I find it best to apply with fingers to get more coverage.

Don't understand the hype. I bought it in the shade 4 (light with golden undertones and perfect for a NC20). Yes it's a nice foundation but for $62 I was expecting miracles. It's definitely a sheer finish. Yet the fact that it said "buildable" coverage I figured it could cover dark spots. Nope! The good things about it is that it leaves a satiny finish to the skin and it still looks like real skin, not mask like. Also it lasted through the humid Florida summer day. I ended up returning it because I can find drugstore foundations that do the same thing. Just couldn't justify spending that much money on an "average" foundation.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Extremely impressed with this foundation. I have normal to dry skin with some redness around my nose. This foundation wears all day and gives my skin a warm radiant glow. I wear it alone and without powder.

Very happy with it so far. I also have best results with applying with a foundation brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased but I'm so glad that I did.

I'm NC15 and while shade #3 was too golden, shade #2 was just right. In fact, it's one of the best foundation matches I've ever gotten. That alone is worth its weight in gold! I'm pale but have warm undertones as well as pink cheeks from rosacea and a very pale neck so finding the right match is sometimes very hard.

I use a Beauty Blender to apply this and it makes my skin look amazing. My pores look smaller, the redness and my cheeks is much less noticeable, and my skin just looks airbrushed. The finish is similar to Dior Airflash but this is easier to work with and much less wasteful. Plus, this doesn't irritate my face the way the Dior does.

I managed to snag this when Dillard's had a foundation sale going on for $15 off. I liked it so much, that I ended up buying a backup bottle too. Since this has no sunscreen in it, you don't have to worry about it destabilizing your sunscreen or causing flashback in pictures.

My local counter was awesome about giving samples so I suggest you ask since it's such an investment. Also, I'm dry with extremely sensitive skin due to rosacea but am not really prone to breakouts.

on 5/4/2016 1:41:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have tried many many foundations over the years. I had heard so many great things about this foundation that I had to try it. I am so glad I did, this stuff is liquid gold and unfortunately the price reflects that.

This foundation leaves a beautiful finish on the skin and dries to a demi matte finish. It's neither dewy or completely matte. In my opinion it makes your skin look younger because it doesn't settle into fine lines and looks so fresh. I have worn full coverage foundations for many years but lately I felt like my skin was looking dry and the foundation was emphasising my fine lines.

I would call this a medium coverage but certainly buildable without looking cakey or mask like. I set this with It Cosmetics Bye Bye pores loose powder and this takes it next level. It looks so smooth and luminous and lately my skin has been a bit prone to redness and breakouts but this covered it no problem at all. I will be purchasing this again in the future and wish I had tried it years ago.