Alcame CLEAN Essential Daily Sensitive Shampoo

1 review

Ingredients: purified water, sodium methyl-sulfolaureate/disodium2-sulfaurate/sodium lauryl sulfocetate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodiun lauroyl sarcosinate, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, sodium cocoyl isethionate, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, butylene glycol, sodium PCA, polyquaternium-70, polyquaternium-7, sodium cocoyl glycinate, phenoxyethanol/caprylyl glycol, PEG-150 pentaerythrityl tetrastearate, disodium EDTA, citric acid, benzophenone-4.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

If, like me, you need to avoid strongly scented hair products as well as some ingredients, you're in luck. I can't remember how I stumbled across Alcame (with an accent aigu over the final "e"), but since the brand's Clean line is free of fragrances, botanicals, nuts, essential oils, wheat gluten, parabens, and grain proteins, I decided to try the shampoo. There are a few brands I can use (Ouidad Oil Shampoo, Free and Clear, 100% Pure Yuzu and Pomelo, and Briogeo's Superfoods), but Free and Clear is too drying for everyday use (although a great clarifying shampoo), and some days I can't tolerate any fragrance. This product is fragrance free, as well as being free of the other ingredients already mentioned. This shampoo is absolutely luxurious to use! It's a creamy, pearly, slightly thin (but not watery) shampoo that works up into a lovely lather, is lightly conditioning, rinses out easily, and leaves my hair shiny and manageable. I can't believe it performs so well and is such a delight to use. It comes packaged in a slender bottle with a flip-top cap, so it doesn't take up much room in the shower, and it's a cosmetically elegant shampoo for those of us who have sensitivities. (Why don't more companies have a line like this?) Anyway, a 9.1 oz bottle goes for $23 on their site (which can be glitchy for ordering), but I bought it from a reputable eBay seller. I adore this so much that I bought the conditioner as well, and I no longer have to soak my hair in oil at least once a week to make it look like hair, not straw. I will buy this as long as they make it. (Click the "Ingredients" link above to see the list, please. I had to type them in rather than copy-and-paste, so if you have any questions, please PM me.)

Popular Shampoos