Prell Rinse Clean Shampoo

Prell Rinse Clean Shampoo

4.2

Water, Amino Methyl Propanol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Sodium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, EDTA, Benzophenone 2, D&C Green No. 8, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, FD & C Blue No. 1

I used an entire bottle before getting around to writing my review. Yes, I did repurchase and this is definitely a staple hair product for me now. I have long, fine hair that is mostly straight but can be wavy. I tend to get sebum build-up and most shampoos end up giving me scalp irritation and bumps and my hair falls out. Prell has worked great for me, I wash every other day and on in between days use dry shampoo as needed (Batiste wild scent). I am soooo grateful and happy that this was mentioned on the skincare board for those who have scalp issues. My husband is now using also and geez it's less than $3 for pete's sake!

on 12/31/2015 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very literally run through loads of shampoos weekly just to find the right formula for my hair type. I have dark brown hair which is straight but very voluminous.
Originally, I wanted a shampoo that would add lots of shine to my hair while eliminating the awful build-up I had accumulated at the scalp. I have been using this product twice weekly for nearly 2 years now and have not switched to any other shampoo. It is absolutely brilliant. Not only does it add a natural luster to my hair, but I have noticed a great improvement in the overall health of my hair. I have noticeably less split ends, no build-up at the scalp and my hair shaft has become much stronger. Best of all, it lathers so well you only need two quarter size amounts for your entire head. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I cannot believe this shampoo is so cheap. Considering its success, I would have purchased Prell at a much higher price.

To Read all 70 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/5/2015 3:43:00 AM

I'd been having a bad bout of scalp acne (possibly seborrheic dermatitis?) and I read recommendations for Prell while searching the boards. I used this stuff to strip bad home dye jobs back in college, so I was a bit concerned that it might be overly drying with regular use. But luckily, this neon green concoction has worked quite well. My bumps and lumps healed up and no new ones have shown up. It's affordable and smells like baby oil, in my opinion. My only qualms are that it tangles my hair up a bit during washing and sometimes I have difficulty opening the lid.

on 11/9/2015 7:28:00 AM

My husband has a dirty factory job, you know, the kind where the dirt is ground in. He loves Prell and uses it as a body wash as well as a shampoo. We go through a bottle every 10 days or so. I should buy stock! From being the number one selling shampoo decades ago, now it is a little difficult to find, but I get it for him anyway. Love the scent. My hair is very dry so I wouldn't use it but it does wonders for him and he smells so nice out of the shower.

Best clarifying shampoo at any price. I love using it right before deep conditiong masque too.

on 6/6/2015 3:09:00 AM

To the dreamers, the bad hair day conquerors, the jilted whose hearts are broken because so many shampoos have failed to to deliver: HERE IS THE SOLUTION!
Prell never lets me down. Its abundant lather-frenzy combined with a totally original fragrance create soft but light, airy locks which my waves and curls love. This radioactive green gel gives me the best hair days ever, and I often only use a light leave-in conditioner. I know Prell has been around a while, possibly longer than me, but it has withstood the test of time. My skin loves it too. And the price is absolutely fair, but varies from store to store. I wish more grocery stores carried it but oh well, Dollar General and Walgreens can usually be counted upon.
I recommend this for any hair. It's as good as shampoo gets.
Edit: doesn't harm color-treated hair
Edit 2: I would like to recommend this to people with itchy skin. There is no alcohol added so your skin won't react. I have had issues with a lot of shampoos because they have very irrigating properties. This one is so basic, making no promises except clean hair, that you don't have to worry about scratching your head all night.
EDIT 3: I think they changed the formula but it's still great especially before coloring.

I really love this shampoo. My longish, fine, highlighted and tangly hair can't stand protein, too much silicone, waxes etc. so this is perfect. I use Sheer Blonde and rotate it with this. I would have never considered trying this without having read the awesome reviews on makeupalley. So thanks guys! :) Leaves my hair clean, smelling awesome, bouncy and shiny.

Edit: My hair is platinum blonde now, bleached and very dry. This is still my favorite. I wash my hair once or twice a week with it to clarify and it doesn't over dry my hair one bit. And the smell ahhhh....so so good!

I strayed from this for a year or so but I'm back. Why? I missed the fragrance. I missed the amazing cleaning frenzy generated by its abundant lather. And I missed smelling like Bath And Body when I use it as a body wash.
I enjoy dying my dark hair black and notice no color change. My hair is clean, healthy, not much falls out in my brush, and my skin isn't chapped even though it's mid-winter in the northeast and we're having brutal weather. Girls with dry hair should definitely condition after this but as a clarifier or basic shampoo, I think it's perfect. It has no oil, conditioning agents, or silicone so it gets down to the scalp for a super cleansing. I hope this is here forever! It works.

I've been using Prell for years and years now and it is amazing. Originally, it was recommended to me by a coworker to get brassy tones out of my (at the time) highlighted blonde hair, which I honestly don't remember if it helped with that at all, but I did like how clean it made my hair feel. Then I had several horrendous experiences where I went to the hair salon and asked to go back to my natural medium to dark brown hair which turned out being jet black and looked awful. I rinsed my hair 3 times in the shower with Prell over the next 3 days each time this happened and it lifted the color 2-3 shades! But you will need a deep conditioner or hair mask for this because rinsing your hair that many times with Prell will make your hair super dry. Fast forward a few years and I finally have butt length virgin hair again after letting all then old color(s) grow out and get cut off. Now I only wash my hair about once a week sometimes but rarely twice because I have a lot of heavy long brown hair where I can get away with not washing it for about 3 days before it even starts looking greasy, after that I use dry shampoo to mask it until I wash it. So compile all my leave in conditioners, heat protectors, shine sprays dry shampoos and on occasion hair sprays and I have myself an incredible amount of buildup that won't get washed out with using just a regular shampoo. That's where my holy grail Prell comes in! This shampoo is by far the best clarifying shampoo I've ever used. It has a very clean scent which is great since I am very weird with scents, it's affordable between 2-4 dollars a bottle depending on where you purchase it (I recommend walmart because it's usually the cheapest there) and it makes your hair so clean, you can literally hear your hair squeak! After I rinse with this shampoo (sometimes I rinse with it twice) I then use my regular shampoo and conditioner which currently is John Frieda brilliant brunettes for natural or colored brunettes or dove daily moisture. Some may say it's a lot to do but like I said I don't wash my hair very often as it's unnecessary for me not to mention it's a chore considering how long and thick my hair is haha but I refuse to cut it I love it long! On the flip side if you have color treated dark hair or red hair it will really strip the color out, as would any clarifying shampoo, so if you do use this I wouldn't use it every time you wash your hair like I do. I would also recommend you use a color depositing shampoo for your respective color if you decide to use this! Anyway that's my Prell story. I've loved and used this product for years and will continue to do so to keep my long hair clean and healthy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I have a heard time finding shampoo i like, shampoo usually weighs my hair down and makes it look awful. I thought i'd give this ago. My great grandmother uses it. I wasnt expecting anything spectactular to happen but wow this shampoo made me hair light as a feather and gave it more bounce. I love it, i dont love the one chemical in it i cant remember the name so thats one bad thing but i'll continue to use it until i can find another shampoo that makes my hair amazing.