4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

I love this soap, it's all I use on my body. I've been using it for years and years (I grew up using Ivory but my mom and I switched when I was in my pre-teens because Ivory smelled too much of perfume). It doesn't irritate my skin or leave it feeling dry like other soaps. Dr. Bronners gave me a bad skin rash, and other perfumed ones left my skin feeling very tight. I'm now experimenting using this on my face, fingers crossed!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 months ago

This is the only soap I use. It's the only soap I've used consistently since I was about I don't know I think a teenager or something. I've tried a whole bunch of others but they just can't compete. I have very sensitive skin, and this doesn't break me out or make me feel tight and itchy. I also like Dove's other scented and exfoliating soaps but this one holds my heart. and I really appreciate the bar format, yes I'm a savage :-) An indispensable classic!

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

6 months ago

Simply the best! I think I've used every cleanser on the market. (It's more "hobby" than anything else.) But when your derm says. "Dove," believe them! This removes makeup without over-drying and reduces the need for add-on products like makeup remover and balms. And get the unscented version because any fragrance can be irritating. Oh, I use it all over, too.

About reviewer (417 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Indispensable. Use it everyday on my face and body. Don’t want to be without it. Smooth creamy lather. No discernible scent. Cleans gently and rinses completely. No irritation. Leaves skin soft.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

I reviewed this before, I am sure, but after a year or two of various cleansing milks, micellar lotions, foaming waters, foaming gels, oh, on and on and on....guess who's back to Dove Sensitive/ Unscented bar. Again. 1) This is possible THE Best soap for lather to shave sensitive lady bits...and a clean smooth leg shave every time. 2) Excellent non-stripping, non-drying facial soap that removes all makeup and stubborn sunscreens! 3) No smell, no residue, no film, doesn't even bug up the sink or tub (ahem, unlike so many "natural" bars I get as gifts...!!) 4) Can even wash my eyes with it; removes makeup like a dream 5) cheap; keep in a draining soap dish and buy in bulk on sale, obviously. 6) Every damn dermatologist I know still recommends this stuff. I travel with a bar and if I don't, I always regret it. My moisturizers and sunscreens are pricey. My cleanser is on my face for all of 30 seconds and I tell you, there is nothing as irritating as cleaning with a $40 dollar deluxe whatever, only to see makeup and/or filth all over the cotton pad I follow up with (for my neostrata glycolic toner). With Dove: nothing. Not. A. Trace. LOVE unscented Dove.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

2 years ago

Fantastic for sensitive skin as it’s fragrance free gentle yet cleans well and doesn’t give you that stripped feeling you can get with most other soap bars. I have tried using it on my face, but didn’t like that as my face is acne prone. For body though it’s affordable and awesome. Bought a 16 pack for $15.99 at Costco can’t beat that price at 1$/bar and it lasts a while since it’s a soap bar! And in combination with a good exfoliating loofa (I have one from target for $5 with a wood handle that I love!) my skin has never been better. I should have tried this soap much sooner instead of throwing money down the drain with more pricy gel body washes like the aveeno skin relief I love that one but nothing has made the skin on my body as soft and hydrated as this. I used to have little bumps on the back on my upper arms and top of my thighs that have gone away since I started using this and usually my skin feels dry the next day so I’d have to heavily moisturize everyday not with this baby! I do follow up with an aveeno daily moisturizer after showering but have used that for years so that definitely wasn’t doing any magic lol Love love love the dove beauty bar for sensitive skin!!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

I was on a tropical resort vacation and u no when u there u r more relaxed and advaturous....i was just taking a quick shower after going to the pool but realized that my avene face wash it on the other side of the washroom...i duno wat has gotten into me but i decided to use this soap which i wash my body with on my face....considering that my skin is very sensitive and doesnt react well to most things...it was just a crazy idea for me....but after using it my skin turned out fine.... after i come back home to toronto i decided to use it again and see wats up since my skin didnt freak out....do far i have used it twice yesterday and today...i gotta say my face hasnt felt this smooth for a long long time!!! its so relaxed and plumbed....i have tried quite alot of face washes over the past yrs but none has done this for mee.....i literally cannot stop touching my face now....and it costs almost nuting compare to things i have been using in the past....i m so shocked!!! highly recommended!!!! will update if things changed.... update: after using it for few days my skin started to get really dehydrated..........i think it's good for people with true oily skin and who lives in a more humid climate....still worth a try though

About reviewer (378 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Works fine for the body. Face? Probably not because of it's iffy reviews and I did break out a little more than usual when I used this anywhere near my face but funny enough lathering it up on my hands to my hair, works great for that and as a hand soap PERFECT. Works ok "down there" and doesn't make your skin feel draggy and tight like other bars

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBlack

3 years ago

Truly, I am kind of astonished at how much I like this! I hadn't used "soap" on my face in years, but I came across some really adorable little sample sized bars of this, and just for giggles, gave it a go. Wow. It cleans well, *doesn't* dry my face (which is no small feat) and rinses cleanly and easily. I hate the smell of the regular Dove bar, but this has none, which is great. All in all, I can't think of anything bad to say about this! I sure hope they don't stop making it - because I can see me using it for years to come.

About reviewer (206 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Been using this for many years. I have dry body skin and occasionally eczema due to allergies. This soap really helps to prevent my skin from drying out. It has no fragrance and is not eczema-provoking. Also, it's great/safe for washing lady parts, which is always a bonus!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinOther, Other