Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.3

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 2/11/2019 7:26:00 AM

An effective and trustworthy exfoliating toner. I love chemical exfoliation, it is the only thing that keeps my combination to oily and congested-prone skin healthy. This toner works really well. I do experience some mild stinging sometimes, so be careful if your skin is sensitive. The bottle is huuuge, I got kind of bored of it. It is unscented and has a mild vinegar-like scent because of the acid content. So I think I'll try something else for now, but you can not beat the effectiveness and price of this one.

on 2/4/2019 4:13:00 PM

Oohh I'm in love with this! This is so good to control skin oilyness, it is so good to be in my skin while I wear this, I use it face and body. It also helps diminish blemishes and bumps on skin. If you use it on a pimple, the pimple will shrink the day after. Despite it's concentration it is very gentle, I have experienced no irritation whatsoever. Just remember wearing lots of sunscreen or/and a hat while on this. Packaging is also terrific, very pratical. It's just a shame it is a liquid, so I have to constantly buy cotton pads to use it, but I can live with that.

i am pretty obsessed with this product. i feel like it makes my skin so young and dewey looking. it really does seem to slough off the top layers and expose a newer, healthier skin underneath. the price can't be beat and i am always amazed how this company manages to create all these amazing products so inexpensively.

I like this toner. Between this, The niacinamide and the salicyclic acid I've seen a major improvement in my skin, it's never looked better. I don't love the way my skin feels after application, but I don't find it irritates, just feels sort of tacky afterwards and I'm not overly fond of that feeling. Overall though though works well with my skin.

on 12/2/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

ok...SO...my age is right out of the ball-park with what's listed here, so my review is based on someone in their late 50s with decent skin condition.
My skin condition declined somewhat after menopause and using cheaper skin-care products. Although I don't have a lot of wrinkles, my skin was quite red and blotchy with a couple of dry spots.
After returning from a lengthy overseas trip, I went to a medical/beauty therapy salon to get some advice. In a short space of time I was able to get my skin to looking hydrated, clear and firm by just using a cleanser, toner, mechanical peeling cream and daily moisturising (I will post my reviews on these products) as well as regular facials.
I must have been under a rock, because I have only recently discovered The Ordinary range. It is a product minefield and I've only added 3 products to my regular skincare regime.
My skin has just settled down and is only slightly pigmented on my cheeks I thought I'd try the Glycolic Acid 7% before going down the IPL route.
It's early days yet (3 weeks) and so far I am happy with how my skin is feeling.
Originally I applied GA7% to my arms, knees and shins as well as my decolletage. Applied once a week and left on my skin for 30 minutes. (Neutralising the acid only requires splashing with water) I pat my skin dry and then apply my body cream.
I have now used the GA7% on my face in the same manner and it has boosted my skin condition quite well. The application is included as part of a weekly evening facial routine. Two days later, I then use my jojoba exfoliating cream.
My moisturiser and body cream are being absorbed into my skin and I am using less product.
As far as the physical attributes of the product go, it does have that sticky feel to it which I use to my advantage. By initially wiping the product on and then using a patting motion as it goes sticky, it helps activate the circulation.
By leaving on for 30 minutes only, I've avoided any irritation and my skin is feeling smooth to the touch.
The GA7% is used in conjunction with TO "Buffet" and TO "Lactic Acid5% + HA" as well as my general skin care products.

on 11/13/2018 3:05:00 PM

I bought this to see how/if it compares to Pixi's Glow Tonic. While it has a higher conc. (this one is 7%, while Pixi is 5%) it's a good product. I've been using this once a day, using surgical gauze to apply (you waste less product, and the gauze also provides some mild backup exfoliation). It's been keeping my skin clear, glowy and flake free, and keeps my skin nicely, but GENTLY exfoliated so I get the most out of my other products. The bottle's also really quite unique, and clever, imo- the top "applicator" is like that of a glue bottle, so only doses out limited amounts of product, while preventing spills or accidentally overzealous product saturation. This product is also a great value, I paid under $8 CAD for 240 ml, which is an excellent price for an effective product (and a fraction of the price of the Pixi, which rings in at $40 for the same amount). I can only use this 1x per day, as opposed to the Pixi, due to the higher acid level, but it's not a big deal. All in all, a keeper, and I'll definitely repurchase.

on 9/14/2018 10:57:00 PM

Have finished a bottle already. Honestly, when I bought this I hoped that this would be my new fav. Toner instead of Pixi glow tonic (which is my holy grail and of course, more expensive) This toner seemed to be ok at first. I had no breakout, no irritation and no effect. Yes, no effect. My skin didnt glow like when I used Pixi nor help my acne problem. If you want to try glycolic toner I recommand you to buy Pixi instead. A little pricey but you will notice a change.(and pixi is less irritating since it comes with a lower conc.)

on 8/6/2018 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Despite everything I've ever tried from The Ordinary being a disaster I'm still seduced by the brand on a regular basis. This toner is a perfect example: the ingredients are great, the pH is right, the size is generous, and the price can't be beat. And yes, it's definitely an effective exfoliator, so given all that I'm giving it 3 lippies. The one thing I just couldn't get past though was the film it would leave on my skin. It was humectant and normally I love humectants, but this just felt... oppressive. Ugh. I stopped using it on my face because if I wanted an exfoliating toner I've got like 3 others that are all a lot better and don't make me want to claw my skin off. For a while I used this in place of deodorant, which it worked good for, but again, I just couldn't get past the sticky film it left on my skin. After a year of owning it and only using 1/4 of the bottle I dumped it down the drain. Next time I'll just light a $10 bill on fire and call it done.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I thought this would be a cheaper dupe for the Pixi Glow Tonic (which I loved) since it's only about $7 for 8 oz but I should've known better--if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Ordinary toner is fine but I didn't really see the same results I saw with the Pixi one. With the Glow Tonic, I saw results immediately, and my skin looked clear, plumper, and my pores looked tighter. The Ordinary one was good for cell turnover but I felt like my skin wasn't glowing the same way in the morning. I only use it at night because it leaves my face way way too sticky to wear under makeup. (I feel like that sticky feeling takes a long time to dissipate too.) I like the package, it helps control how much I use each night, and one bottle lasted about 4-5 months with daily use. It does, however, have a very off-putting smell (almost sulfuric) so I'd pass if you're sensitive to them.

Bottom line, I'm going back to Glow Tonic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this because it was a great alternative to my current Mario Badescu glycolic toner, which I was really enjoying but only had 2%. My skin loves acids so I thought increasing the strength would be great! So far though, my skin is just not liking this. I use acids quite often- the 5% AHA serum from the same brand, the 32% acid peel mask, HA serums, etc- but my face gets completely red and stings after using this toner. It’s also quite sticky and leaves my face feeling tacky, so I can’t use it in the morning. It also just smells! I will keep using until it’s finished to see if my skin can get used to it and reap the full benefits!