Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

green tea (tea bags or leaves), preferably organic. step 1: brew a cup and drink. step 2: massage the used tea bag on cleansed face :D or:: you can refrigerate the teabags to use them cold, or use a cotton ball dipped in the tea on your face rather than teabags...whatever you feel comfortable with :)

on 10/18/2015 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've been using double strength green tea as a toner for several months. Since I'd read that Vitamin C helps absorption of the polyphenols (good stuff!) in the tea, after it's brewed I add a tiny bit of Vit C to the brew. I keep the main container in the fridge, and pour a day's usage into a tiny jar for the bathroom. I have been having a lot of skin issues, such as seborrheic dermatitis on my chin (mostly), and dryer than usual / before (post menopause, so who knows? maybe this is the new normal), and as always, very sensitive and reactive.

While I can't say the tea has transformed my skin or anything dramatic like that, it does help cleanse it very gently. Since my skin is so dry, I of course use a moisturizer right away after cleansing, so I've never had the toner cause any dryness. I like to use moisturizer while my skin is still quite damp. In fact, another reason I like this so much is since it's so cheap, I'm not afraid to use it liberally. Plus, this is one of the only things I can use on my face when it freaks out (itching, rash, peeling, burning...you got the picture; not pretty).

I got a large box of organic green teabags. I use 2 bags to about 6oz of spring water (that I get from a local spring--it's wonderful!) and brew for a long time, just leave those bags in there for at least a few hours. I sometimes use the bags themselves too, but otherwise usually apply with cotton balls. If I'm not wearing makeup, I often cleanse with just the tea before bed.

A couple of notes:
1. Please don't use ice on your face, tea or otherwise. You may end up with broken capillaries (tiny red blood vessels that burst and make your face red). This goes for all temperature extremes, steam and excessive heat too. I was finally convinced of this, but some damage had already been done.
2. It's OK to use caffeinated green tea, the caffeine is actually good for the skin, especially the eyes (reduces puffiness).

on 10/1/2015 2:09:00 PM

I love Green Tea to drink and it is also such an easy, cheap and powerful skin treatment used externally as well as taking internally. Since i started using Green Tea as a homemade skin toner I've noticed I break out a lot less and whenever I'm about to break out it can even heal acne before it starts. It's so simple. All you need is to brew 1 cup of tea each week and leave it on the refrigerator and use it 2x a day before your moisturizer. It helps for acne as well as helps depuff skin in the morning. I've made a DIY video review about this Green Tea Tonner as well if you want to check it out on here is the link.

To Read all 106 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/1/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I make my own toner with green tea, chamomile tea, fresh cut rose buds, glycerin, Vitamin E and St. John's Wort in purified spring water. I love the way it smells as it is very refreshing. It really does a great job of toning the drier areas of my skin. I also use warm green tea bags as a treatment for my eyes. I just pop them on and let it sit for about fifteen minutes. When I am in a hurry I just put some of the homemade toner on a cotton pad and sit the pads on my eyes for a quick five minutes as well. There are so many benefits to teas. I highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a 15 year old girl and my acne isn't too terribly bad. but during that time of the month it tends to flare up a little. and I constantly get zits that I pop and they turn big and red. once I started drinking 2 cups of green tea a day, and one cup of skin detox tea. a week later my skin was so clear! the acne scars faded a little but there were no signs of pimples anywhere. But then I got tired of tea and I stopped drinking them all together, and what do ya know the acne starts coming back. I HIGHLY recommend this for everyone. considering acne starts with your diet this is my HG in acne care. I was finally confident to not wear makeup at all and be in other peoples selfies without having to cover my awful blemishes. PLEASE DO THIS AND SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE of awful cleansers from the store that somt treat the root cause of acne.

on 1/10/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this as a toner forever, its great for a natural product to remove the excess makeup without anything drying/irritating like alcohol. I Do think it might calm the skin as well. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because it's definitely not anything magical or amazing, but it's cheap and gets the job done.

on 12/22/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been drinking green tea for 2 weeks with 2-3 cups per day and applying tea bag to my face. I noticed my acne scar become reduced and the redness disappear by times.

Although i still having break out ( maybe due to oily food) , i am sure green tea give me more benefits than that. Will make sure to put green tea in my diet routine

on 10/19/2014 7:59:00 PM

I'm a big tea fanatic! Lately i've been freezing it into green tea cubes, and rubbing my face with it before applying lotion/ foundation base and makeup. Really helps shrink my pores and smooth out my face. Also i think tea is quite beneficial to skin in other ways so its a win win situation.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I started using green tea for about 1 month now and basically that's because of weight loss. Yes! I knew Green tea is good for diet but not for skin. I hear some few thoughts here and there that green tea is good for skin. I'm confused so I did my own research and run test to prove it.

One word! Green tea is really amazing my skin is fairer and smooth. I'm always excited to come home to apply my green tea facial mask and feel the incredible results.

So folks if you happen to read this, don't hesitate. Green tea is amazing natural gift from above. Don't waste money to something that you are not sure of.

Great antioxidants, great for skin and weight loss..

Who wouldn't want those benefits in one natural product.

P.S. Dont forget to drink your teas!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This natural remedy is probably the only toner that I can depend on for consistency in acheiving results. I try to steer clear of "supermarket" brands because I don't like them - even to drink and since I go to a specialist store for my green tea, it does get a bit expensive. My favortie method is to steep the green tea then freeze as ice cubes...makes my skin sing!

on 7/14/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Green tea has a multitude of skin care uses - great anti-oxidant benefits and mild astringency. Can help with swelling under eyes, (puffy eyes) and works well as a toner for certain skin types.

Cheap and easy to use at home.