Lancome Tonique Confort

Lancome Tonique Confort

4.2

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyclodextrin, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Mel (Honey), Mannitol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Succinate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Protein, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Red 4.

on 4/23/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm just getting into toners. I always thought they were a bunch of hype. If your cleanser was doing its job, you shouldn't need toner and so forth. However, after trying some higher end products, I can attest that toners have a place in a well rounded skin care regime. The best ones add moisture or treat a specific problem. Tonique Confort is an example of a moisturizing toner. It's almost like a serum or a watery lotion that moisturizes. At first I used cotton pads to apply, but that seemed to waste a lot of product. Now I just pour some into the palm of my hand and smooth onto my face using my fingertips. I let it dry and move on to my serum and moisturizer. TC makes my skin feel comfortable after cleansing probably because it's not filled with drying alcohol. It's expensive, but you do get what you pay for in life. HG toner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

My HG toner. If you have dry skin, I advise you to try this out. The high price might be a deterrent, but given that it's a gooier consistency, it does last much longer than a watery toner. As the name implies, this toner truly does feel comfortable on the skin - not drying or irritating whatsoever. While some toners seem to suck out all the moisture in your skin, this one actually adds moisture, leaving your face supple and smooth, but also clean and fresh, ready for the rest of your skincare routine. And who can resist having this pretty pink, rose-embossed bottle on their vanity?

on 12/25/2017 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My friend had purchased a lancome set and sold the items she didn't need.when I heard she is selling a 50mil lancome toner for 11$ I immediately bought it
My skin was pretty dry during this fall and there wasn't much left of my oriflame novage toner so buying this toner looked like a good idea.it happens to be more than good.I looove this stuff!
It smells so good that I can't get enough of it.I have dozens of rosey perfumes but none of them has such a natural rose scent.it's as if I'm rubbing a real rose bud to my face
It's not liquid like my other toners.it's texture is like lancome genifique serum but it's not clear and has a milky color
I applied it with a cotton pad and I felt a lot of product is wasted.applying it with finger can help about that but then,I will feel that I'm using a serum or face lotion not a toner
I love it on my skin as much as I love it's scent.it makes my skin very soft,like baby skin and a bit radiant
After using collistar's black cream and serum for a while,my skin isn't dry anymore though it's winter(strangely weather is not as cold as fall so it may be the real reason for this skin type change).it's something like combination right now so I prefer to use something like my oriflame novage toner daily which is a scentless liquid and makes my skin cleansed and refreshed and prevents blackheads.I'm going to use my lancome toner whenever I feel my skin is dry.I have to mention that however my skin isn't dry anymore right now,this lovely creamy toner didn't cause any spots,breakouts or whatsoever.
By the way this lancome toner acts perfectly as a makeup base for people with dry skin.if you apply it with finger,foundation will spread and blend better on your face and it won't flake or stick to your dry patches.actually I prefer to use it as a makeup base more than a toner
I definitely will repurchase after going through my pretty 50 mil bottle

Excellent product and use it everyday after cleaning

on 7/15/2017 3:32:00 AM

My skin tends to get quite dry during harsh winters, and this tonic is one of the best for those conditions. It has really nice velvety texture, almost like a serum, and you need just a little bit to cover the whole face. For me using a cotton pad seems like a waste for such an expensive product, so I just pour a little bit on my finger tips and smooth over my face.

For summer, if it's really hot and my skin becomes more combinational-to-oily, I can get away with using this toner instead of moisturizer.

Would I buy it again? Most likely yes. Even though it costs arm and leg, it lasts forever, and does calm down my sensitive skin prone to dryness.

on 5/25/2016 2:44:00 PM

So I read the reviews and thought this would be perfect for me. I have dry/dehydrated skin and if a product is not hydrating enough, my skin pulls and feels tight.
I bought the 400ml bottle for 30 euros seeing I was positive I would love it. Well, I don't.
I use toners/micellar water cleansers ALOT seeing I use them to take off all my make up after taking off my eye makeup with a separate cleanser, so that means about 7,8 cotton pads back and front if I don't use an oil cleanser beforehand. Then I use it again in the morning to take the night off to prep for my creams/makeup, so my toner or micellar water needs to be gentle, hydrating and effective.

This angered my skin incredibly! It flushes hot red every time I use it and leaves a burning sensation afterwards, so not very friendly for my skin at all! Just awful.
I prefer Garniers pink cap micellar water 1000 times over this!

It's also pretty gooey thus hard to spread on a cotton pad and I have to spread it with my fingertips.
Anyhow, I definitely do not like it and only have it on hand to use when I run out before purchasing my next toner. I think I will try Bioderma's hydrabio and A-derma's next, if they don't work out, will go back to garnier. (I have tried and used La Roche Posay, Vichy, Darphin, Avene and Roc, MAC but not that wowed anymore with them so stopped purchasing)

Hydrating, mild, live up to the standards but definitely not a life changing product. I have clear skin, finished a regular bottle and my skin is still the same. Never cause any breakouts.

It moisturizes efficiently but not VERY hydrating, If you have sensitive or normal skin, this can be a stable.

on 5/12/2016 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best toner I have ever used. I would use this forever if I could afford it!

For me Lancome has always been a brand that uses cheap materials with expensive looking packaging/ name. Although this product looks nice and smells wonderful, the results are absolute garbage. What doesn't help is the $36 CAD price tag; thankfully, I was able to receive this for free from the Lancome counter with the purchase of a foundation. Yet another Lancome product has failed me...here is a more in-depth review on how I feel about this toner:

Pro-

1) Packaging: the soft-pink bottle etched with roses is absolutely divine and is highlighted even more with the milky-white toner inside. My small sample came with a pop-off top, but the normal sized container comes with a lid that twists off which is very convenient when flipping the container over to apply on your cotton pad.
Unfortunately, I don't give a ____ if a good product is in an unattractive container. Lancome, once again, has lured me in with packaging and a crap product.

2) Wonderful scent: yes, like the image on the front denotes it smells like roses. That being said, fragrance (as the ingredients have listed) is not skincare, nor will it ever be. For someone like me who has very sensitive skin, this can be a potential danger for irritation and breakouts...which it was....

Cons-

1) Ingredients: The second and third ingredients in this product are Butylene Glycol and Glycerin. Normally that wouldnt be a problem, but for someting that claims to be high-end and provide you with "pure and naturally beautiful skin," these are unacceptable ingredients.
Butylene Glycol while used as a humectant is also found in many household cleaners and detergents. It works wonderfully in keeping my laundry fresh and soft, but I don't want this anywhere near my face.
Glycerin is not a horrible ingredients, but when combined with other humectant's it can increase water loss by attracting water from the lower layers of skin (dermis) into the surface layers of skin (epidermis).
This toner also claims to be "unique skincare formula which is enriched with sweet almond extract and honey to leave skin feeling clean, soft and comfortable." While both ingredients are listed, they are so far down on the list that eating almonds and honey would probably be more beneficial.

2)Fragrance: like I mentioned before, anyone with sensitive skin should be very cautious when using products with fragrance as they can be highly irritating.

3) Acne: Immediately after using this product, I noticed a large pimple on the side of my nose, tiny pimples along my cheeks and chin, and redness around my mouth. I was so incredibly disappointed in the way this broke me out, not to mention the way it made my skin itchy. Initially when I applied this product I loved the wet and hydrating feel that it had as it made my skin incredibly plump, almost like an essence. I tried this again a few nights later and I had similar results.

4) Application: I applied this foundation to freshly cleansed skin with a cotton round. Unfortunately most of the product got sucked up by the round and none deposited on my face. The second time around, I applied the toner directly to my face, spread it around and wiped off the excess with a cotton ball. Thankfully the toner is thick enough to where you can slowly add drops to your face or hands. The texture is almost like un-set jello..not thin enough to be a fluid, but not thick enough to be a gel. The application was very difficult because of this.

5)Results: like i mentioned before, this product gave me a lot of acne and raised bumps. Now while I know it's my fault for using this on combo/oily skin, I found that my dry patches are where I gained the most acne/rashes. This product is definitely targeted for dry skin as it will clog up pores very quickly, but even for my dry areas this did nothing.

Overall: Garbage. Don't waste your money on a full size. I'm glad this worked for so many people, but if you have oily/combo/sensitive skin, please stay away....or at least go to sephora and get a small sample first.

I'm incredibly disappointed in Lancome.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Basic and HG toner! It has a natural smell of rose and feels like gel on my face and extra moisturising. I will definitely buy again when it runs out!