Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 9/14/2018 10:57:00 PM

Have finished a bottle already. Honestly, when I bought this I hoped that this would be my new fav. Toner instead of Pixi glow tonic (which is my holy grail and of course, more expensive) This toner seemed to be ok at first. I had no breakout, no irritation and no effect. Yes, no effect. My skin didnt glow like when I used Pixi nor help my acne problem. If you want to try glycolic toner I recommand you to buy Pixi instead. A little pricey but you will notice a change.(and pixi is less irritating since it comes with a lower conc.)

on 8/24/2018 4:47:00 PM

I got this as an alternative to pixi glow tonic. It's great: gently exfoliates and leaves my skin glowing. I picked up a basket full of stuff from the ordinary and my new routine has really calmed my acne down so I'll be sticking with it. Price can't be beat and I like the packaging. I don't use cotton rounds as I find them wasteful so I just pour a bit in my hand and put it on my face. Done.

Other stuff I got:
5% Retinol in squalene
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
AHA 30% + BHA 2%
Azelaic acid in suspension 10%

My skin was flaky because I am using Acne.Org's Benzoyl Peroxide to clear up my acne. Now, I am all healed but have hyperpigmentation and flaky skin. I bought this hoping that it will solve all my remaining problems. Unfortunately, it made my skin have some white pustules but not really pimples. It's like white little puss inside the skin but they are not bumpy. The only thing that I like is, it made my skin smooth.

on 8/20/2018 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm fairly new to the world of acids, however, this product is great for a starter. I started using this when my skin started to get congested frequently. I helped to purge my skin, and after this phase, I noticed an overall effect. My skin looked for even toned, my pores shrunk and it also slowly removed a natural tan that I caught on my face. Be careful with this stuff, because if you use it at the wrong time, your face will be pimple city.

on 8/6/2018 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Despite everything I've ever tried from The Ordinary being a disaster I'm still seduced by the brand on a regular basis. This toner is a perfect example: the ingredients are great, the pH is right, the size is generous, and the price can't be beat. And yes, it's definitely an effective exfoliator, so given all that I'm giving it 3 lippies. The one thing I just couldn't get past though was the film it would leave on my skin. It was humectant and normally I love humectants, but this just felt... oppressive. Ugh. I stopped using it on my face because if I wanted an exfoliating toner I've got like 3 others that are all a lot better and don't make me want to claw my skin off. For a while I used this in place of deodorant, which it worked good for, but again, I just couldn't get past the sticky film it left on my skin. After a year of owning it and only using 1/4 of the bottle I dumped it down the drain. Next time I'll just light a $10 bill on fire and call it done.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I thought this would be a cheaper dupe for the Pixi Glow Tonic (which I loved) since it's only about $7 for 8 oz but I should've known better--if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Ordinary toner is fine but I didn't really see the same results I saw with the Pixi one. With the Glow Tonic, I saw results immediately, and my skin looked clear, plumper, and my pores looked tighter. The Ordinary one was good for cell turnover but I felt like my skin wasn't glowing the same way in the morning. I only use it at night because it leaves my face way way too sticky to wear under makeup. (I feel like that sticky feeling takes a long time to dissipate too.) I like the package, it helps control how much I use each night, and one bottle lasted about 4-5 months with daily use. It does, however, have a very off-putting smell (almost sulfuric) so I'd pass if you're sensitive to them.

Bottom line, I'm going back to Glow Tonic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so afraid to try this product, as I've tried glycolic products before and they have caused raging breakouts and redness. My skin has been in a decent place lately, so I decided to dive in a try this product. So glad I did! I use it only at night, it is a tad tacky but not gross and for me the tackiness doesn't last. I swear this has helped my skin, more glowy and helps combat blackheads and little breakouts. For the price, this is an amazing product. Definitely will repurchase.

on 6/27/2018 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This isn’t really a toner, more of an at-home gentle peel. I hadn’t used a toner in decades but bought this for its cell turnover properties. After cleansing I swipe this on my face and neck, then give it a minute or 2 to sink in, then I apply granactive retinoid. Use *only* at night and make sure you protect your face and décolletage with a sunblock the following morning.

on 5/29/2018 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is good for cell turnover "maintenance" rather than an intense chemical peel. I use it every other day and it's very nice. Price is unbeatable and the packaging is convenient. Don't forget sunscreen with this one :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this because it was a great alternative to my current Mario Badescu glycolic toner, which I was really enjoying but only had 2%. My skin loves acids so I thought increasing the strength would be great! So far though, my skin is just not liking this. I use acids quite often- the 5% AHA serum from the same brand, the 32% acid peel mask, HA serums, etc- but my face gets completely red and stings after using this toner. It’s also quite sticky and leaves my face feeling tacky, so I can’t use it in the morning. It also just smells! I will keep using until it’s finished to see if my skin can get used to it and reap the full benefits!

Video Reviews & Tutorials