Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is BOMB.
I have hormonal acne and usually flare up around that time of the month and my acne and resulting hyperpigmentation take a long time to heal up so by the time my next monthly cycle starts I have new ones and it's just pimple city all the time. This stuff (along with the Ordinary's salicylic acid 2% and niacinaminde and zinc treatments) has seriously helped my skin in just two weeks. My acne clears up WAY faster. I still break out (it's not a miracle and my acne IS hormonal) but I actually have a break in between my cycles and my acne isn't as viscous as it used to be. For reference I use this every night and use the niacinimide + zinc on top and in the mornings I use the salicylic acid treatment. I had good results while using the two treatments before, but now that I added in this toner my results are even better. My skin just loves it. This stuff is a lifesaver and it's dirt cheap. :) If your skin responds well to acids, you'll likely love this one.

on 3/26/2018 4:04:00 AM

I really like this tones, my sensitive skin doesn't get angry or irritated after using it. I prefer to apply it without a cotton pad, I feel like that way it'll last longer. I usually use it 2 times a week, when I don't have any active breakouts. It really helps even out my texture and fade imperfections.

on 3/25/2018 5:06:00 PM

I didnt really see a difference with this product despite everyones raves :( not expensive, ill keep using it but not much of an impact on my skin personally.

This is it right here. OMG. Dealing with cysts and not sure if it is KP on my chin, is horrible! My face is constantly weeping plugs or in painful cysts. This helps clear up my skin. It stings a little if I go over it 3 or 4 times with a cotton ball. I apply serums and moisturize with rosehip seed oil afterwards. Bam, the next day my skin is glowing! I love this stuff. It seems everyone else does too! It is sold out right now. As soon as it is in stock, I will stock up like 6 bottles so I never run out. It may be a little harsh for some but not for me. I can use it once a day at night. If it is too harsh just use every couple of days. Cheap and effective. Win win. Did I mention cheap???? Win!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This toner is super inexpensive and has worked great for me--it's 2% higher in concentration than the pixi glow tonic, and unlike that toner, this one doesn't contain all the extra perfumes and other additives that are unnecessary. This helps clear up my skin and lift up acne scars, so I like using it every day. Here's my youtube review comparing this and other popular glycolic acid toners:

on 2/16/2018 5:56:00 PM

I had been toning with witch hazel but was looking for something with a little more oomph. I had to wait awhile until this product was in stock, but I finally was able to get this and the alpha arbutin to try out a few weeks ago. (While waiting, I tried the P50 1970 toner but didn't notice much of a difference and disliked the smell and the numbing effect.) After using the 7 percent glycolic toner for a few weeks, I think it is a good but not outstanding product. Either this or the alpha arbutin or both do seem to be helping to fade one pesky brown spot that has been bugging me -- a noticeable difference. I do plan to keep using these products because so far I am seeing some improvement and no negatives so far.

Love this stuff! I saw a noticeable difference after I started using it - my skin is smoother, scars faded faster, breakouts reduced by a lot. I like this much better than the pixi glow tonic (I didn't see any results with the GT). Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 1/25/2018 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I was about to re-purchase Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing AHA Treatment but happened upon this brand, which had a much lower price point for an aha liquid. I also like the fact but it's only 7% as the Paula's Choice is 10% and too drying for me to use to use more than once or twice a week. The price is $8.70 for 8.1 oz (aka 240 ml size), if purchased from the Deciem website. By comparison, Paula's Choice AHA liquid is $36 for 1 oz. (PCs liquid AHA is called "RESIST Advanced Smoothing Treatment 10% AHA" --they carry no AHA lower than 10%).

2/4- Applied this all over my face with a cotton pad at night. It's a clear fluid, no overpowering scent, and leaves a slightly sticky finish. No stinging or irritation on application. My skin didn't seem much different the next day but more use is needed.

After 5 day's use: I can really say now that I like this stuff. Love the light watery texture, and the price. My face started feeling like it was smoothing out by day 2, a slightly plumper feel by day 5. I never had any peeling or flaking, I've not decided if this is a negative since there were spots of my skin that were already clogged that I would have liked to have peeled a bit. Anyway by day 6, I did start to notice some dryness. I hadn't been using any moisturizer on top of this so I will either do that or use this every other night. This has a winner so far.

This is so irritating that I can't use it on my face. It aggravated some redness that I was trying to tone down and burned. I don't think it is suitable for sensitive skin or anyone fighting inflammation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I heard alot of this product as the dupe of Pixi Glow Tonic. I personally never use Pixi Glow Tonic but I think this also can considered as Alpha H Liquid Gold dupe.

Alpha H Liquid Gold contain 5% Glycolic Acid with unclear ph level while The Ordinary Glycolic Acid contain 7% with ph level 3.6. I think this where we can see the effectiveness of the acid. Our skin has thin, protective layer on its surface, with ph around 5.5. This is why products with lower ph level works better since the product less irritant and won't damage our moisture barrier. And since The Ordinary Glycolic Acid have ph level 3.6,it works really effective on our slightly acidic skin.

The texture of The Ordinary Glycolic Acid is runny like water consistency and have quite chemical scent. I feel like putting dry oil but this sinks into my skin really fast and don't leave greasy feeling or tacky finish, which I like. I always use cotton pads to apply this on my skin to exfoliate my skin and I can see dead skin on the cotton pad. Ew. I experienced quite strong tingling sensation when I used this for the first time but it will fades away for seconds. I use this after washing my face at PM and continue with serum.

After I religiously use this product for almost one month, my skin texture become better, if I have acne it will become smaller and I can see my acne scars fading. I also feels since I use this, I don't have scary breakout like I always had and my skintone brighter.

I highly recommend anyone who use this to never neglect applying sunscreen every single day since Glycolic Acid makes skin more sensitive to sun light. Overall, this product really wins me over other Glycolic Acid products I've ever tried and I will repurchase this once I done with my current bottle.

Video Reviews & Tutorials