Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

3.8

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 2/16/2018 5:56:00 PM

I had been toning with witch hazel but was looking for something with a little more oomph. I had to wait awhile until this product was in stock, but I finally was able to get this and the alpha arbutin to try out a few weeks ago. (While waiting, I tried the P50 1970 toner but didn't notice much of a difference and disliked the smell and the numbing effect.) After using the 7 percent glycolic toner for a few weeks, I think it is a good but not outstanding product. Either this or the alpha arbutin or both do seem to be helping to fade one pesky brown spot that has been bugging me -- a noticeable difference. I do plan to keep using these products because so far I am seeing some improvement and no negatives so far.

Love this stuff! I saw a noticeable difference after I started using it - my skin is smoother, scars faded faster, breakouts reduced by a lot. I like this much better than the pixi glow tonic (I didn't see any results with the GT). Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 1/25/2018 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I was about to re-purchase Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing AHA Treatment but happened upon this brand, which had a much lower price point for an aha liquid. I also like the fact but it's only 7% as the Paula's Choice is 10% and too drying for me to use to use more than once or twice a week. The price is $8.70 for 8.1 oz (aka 240 ml size), if purchased from the Deciem website. By comparison, Paula's Choice AHA liquid is $36 for 1 oz. (PCs liquid AHA is called "RESIST Advanced Smoothing Treatment 10% AHA" --they carry no AHA lower than 10%).

2/4- Applied this all over my face with a cotton pad at night. It's a clear fluid, no overpowering scent, and leaves a slightly sticky finish. No stinging or irritation on application. My skin didn't seem much different the next day but more use is needed.

After 5 day's use: I can really say now that I like this stuff. Love the light watery texture, and the price. My face started feeling like it was smoothing out by day 2, a slightly plumper feel by day 5. I never had any peeling or flaking, I've not decided if this is a negative since there were spots of my skin that were already clogged that I would have liked to have peeled a bit. Anyway by day 6, I did start to notice some dryness. I hadn't been using any moisturizer on top of this so I will either do that or use this every other night. This has a winner so far.

This is so irritating that I can't use it on my face. It aggravated some redness that I was trying to tone down and burned. I don't think it is suitable for sensitive skin or anyone fighting inflammation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I heard alot of this product as the dupe of Pixi Glow Tonic. I personally never use Pixi Glow Tonic but I think this also can considered as Alpha H Liquid Gold dupe.

Alpha H Liquid Gold contain 5% Glycolic Acid with unclear ph level while The Ordinary Glycolic Acid contain 7% with ph level 3.6. I think this where we can see the effectiveness of the acid. Our skin has thin, protective layer on its surface, with ph around 5.5. This is why products with lower ph level works better since the product less irritant and won't damage our moisture barrier. And since The Ordinary Glycolic Acid have ph level 3.6,it works really effective on our slightly acidic skin.

The texture of The Ordinary Glycolic Acid is runny like water consistency and have quite chemical scent. I feel like putting dry oil but this sinks into my skin really fast and don't leave greasy feeling or tacky finish, which I like. I always use cotton pads to apply this on my skin to exfoliate my skin and I can see dead skin on the cotton pad. Ew. I experienced quite strong tingling sensation when I used this for the first time but it will fades away for seconds. I use this after washing my face at PM and continue with serum.

After I religiously use this product for almost one month, my skin texture become better, if I have acne it will become smaller and I can see my acne scars fading. I also feels since I use this, I don't have scary breakout like I always had and my skintone brighter.

I highly recommend anyone who use this to never neglect applying sunscreen every single day since Glycolic Acid makes skin more sensitive to sun light. Overall, this product really wins me over other Glycolic Acid products I've ever tried and I will repurchase this once I done with my current bottle.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For the price tag and the amount of product you get in comparison to Pixie Glow Tonic and this one hands down is the winner. At first this did cause me to break out a little bit but then the break outs stopped and then my skin started to exhibit positive results. Clear and even skin....pores looked less pronounced and took care of the dry areas that were an eyesore. I haven't used acids in over year so the first time out the gate I did experience a major tingle...burning sensation with my skin. This is best used PM and maybe starting out every other day if your skin is new to acids. I use every night depending on what I'm using the in regards to serums and creams ( I avoid using skincare products with this that contain active ingredients). I definitely plan on keeping this in my skincare rotation.

on 12/1/2017 5:05:00 PM

Only at night, fabulously effective and only slightly uncomfortable. Next morning no signs of discomfort and skin is smooth and bright. Great synergy with the Azelaic Acid (finalised with a good moisturiser like La Nuit de Chanel)

I like this much better than the Pixi Glow Tonic. It costs less and is better effective for my skin. It's not sticky and it sinks in nicely. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products. If you're a glycolic acid lover, for the price it's worth a try.

on 8/26/2017 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This has been a godsend for me. I have sensitive, perimenopausal skin that has decided to make use of whatever is left of my hormones and make up for what I missed during puberty. We're talking papulous rosacea, open pores, burning irritation and an overall look of ill-health. I know that I have to treat my skin gently, yet it was becoming congested in weird constellations across my cheekbones and under my chin in particular. Of course the congestion led to painful underground cysts that never amounted to anything, but looked swollen and took weeks to bugger off. I started with a twice-weekly application of THE ORDINARY'S gory-looking AHA & BHA mask and found it to be very effective, but it left me wanting more. This toner added to my nightly ritual has sweetened the deal. My redness has diminished. I haven't had a cyst in weeks and my blackhead clusters have gone.

I find this sticky and seems to irritate my skin. Yes there is a lot of product in this and for the price it is a great 'dupe' of the Pixi Glow Tonic but at a better pH so would actually exfoliate. My skin is used to glycolic but something in this still irritated my skin and did not leave it glowing or clear. It's weirdly foamy in the bottle and does have some type of scent though it is not overpowering. MY skin is combo-dry, and used to a glycolic peel at 30% every week or so. I have also been using Retin A Micro for years but stopped to use the peels recently and that is why i was looking for a glycolic toner to add in between the peels.

Other things i have tried from TO:
**10% Lactic Acid--breakouts galore, awful smell, tacky texture
**Caffiene eye serum--stung my eyes
**Alpha Lipoic--burning sensation on face and very oily in texture and smells like petrol to me
**This glycolic toner--just does not do what i want a glycolic product to do, bad texture
**Squalane Oil--very thin and runny, almost weightless, clogs up my skin almost instantly, doesn't really sink in for me. Again a texture issue. FWIW people have been told that this is derived from olives and then others have been told that it is from sugarcane. My usual oil is the Sibu Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil which i love but have been trying to find a cheaper oil that i can replace with.

So yeah. I think this is it. I am going to give up on the ordinary. Maybe the other lines like niod are an option for me and i guess that is their strategy, to start people off at TO pricepoint and then funnel them into NIOD for better textures and results.