Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.1

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so afraid to try this product, as I've tried glycolic products before and they have caused raging breakouts and redness. My skin has been in a decent place lately, so I decided to dive in a try this product. So glad I did! I use it only at night, it is a tad tacky but not gross and for me the tackiness doesn't last. I swear this has helped my skin, more glowy and helps combat blackheads and little breakouts. For the price, this is an amazing product. Definitely will repurchase.

on 6/27/2018 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This isn’t really a toner, more of an at-home gentle peel. I hadn’t used a toner in decades but bought this for its cell turnover properties. After cleansing I swipe this on my face and neck, then give it a minute or 2 to sink in, then I apply granactive retinoid. Use *only* at night and make sure you protect your face and décolletage with a sunblock the following morning.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this because it was a great alternative to my current Mario Badescu glycolic toner, which I was really enjoying but only had 2%. My skin loves acids so I thought increasing the strength would be great! So far though, my skin is just not liking this. I use acids quite often- the 5% AHA serum from the same brand, the 32% acid peel mask, HA serums, etc- but my face gets completely red and stings after using this toner. It’s also quite sticky and leaves my face feeling tacky, so I can’t use it in the morning. It also just smells! I will keep using until it’s finished to see if my skin can get used to it and reap the full benefits!

on 5/29/2018 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is good for cell turnover "maintenance" rather than an intense chemical peel. I use it every other day and it's very nice. Price is unbeatable and the packaging is convenient. Don't forget sunscreen with this one :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is BOMB.
I have hormonal acne and usually flare up around that time of the month and my acne and resulting hyperpigmentation take a long time to heal up so by the time my next monthly cycle starts I have new ones and it's just pimple city all the time. This stuff (along with the Ordinary's salicylic acid 2% and niacinaminde and zinc treatments) has seriously helped my skin in just two weeks. My acne clears up WAY faster. I still break out (it's not a miracle and my acne IS hormonal) but I actually have a break in between my cycles and my acne isn't as viscous as it used to be. For reference I use this every night and use the niacinimide + zinc on top and in the mornings I use the salicylic acid treatment. I had good results while using the two treatments before, but now that I added in this toner my results are even better. My skin just loves it. This stuff is a lifesaver and it's dirt cheap. :) If your skin responds well to acids, you'll likely love this one. Just be sure to use sunscreen during the day when using any acids at night.

on 3/26/2018 4:04:00 AM

I really like this tones, my sensitive skin doesn't get angry or irritated after using it. I prefer to apply it without a cotton pad, I feel like that way it'll last longer. I usually use it 2 times a week, when I don't have any active breakouts. It really helps even out my texture and fade imperfections.

on 3/25/2018 5:06:00 PM

I didnt really see a difference with this product despite everyones raves :( not expensive, ill keep using it but not much of an impact on my skin personally.

This is it right here. OMG. Dealing with cysts and not sure if it is KP on my chin, is horrible! My face is constantly weeping plugs or in painful cysts. This helps clear up my skin. It stings a little if I go over it 3 or 4 times with a cotton ball. I apply serums and moisturize with rosehip seed oil afterwards. Bam, the next day my skin is glowing! I love this stuff. It seems everyone else does too! It is sold out right now. As soon as it is in stock, I will stock up like 6 bottles so I never run out. It may be a little harsh for some but not for me. I can use it once a day at night. If it is too harsh just use every couple of days. Cheap and effective. Win win. Did I mention cheap???? Win!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This toner is super inexpensive and has worked great for me--it's 2% higher in concentration than the pixi glow tonic, and unlike that toner, this one doesn't contain all the extra perfumes and other additives that are unnecessary. This helps clear up my skin and lift up acne scars, so I like using it every day. Here's my youtube review comparing this and other popular glycolic acid toners:

on 2/16/2018 5:56:00 PM

I had been toning with witch hazel but was looking for something with a little more oomph. I had to wait awhile until this product was in stock, but I finally was able to get this and the alpha arbutin to try out a few weeks ago. (While waiting, I tried the P50 1970 toner but didn't notice much of a difference and disliked the smell and the numbing effect.) After using the 7 percent glycolic toner for a few weeks, I think it is a good but not outstanding product. Either this or the alpha arbutin or both do seem to be helping to fade one pesky brown spot that has been bugging me -- a noticeable difference. I do plan to keep using these products because so far I am seeing some improvement and no negatives so far.

Video Reviews & Tutorials