4.2

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

13 hours ago

I do not notice a difference in my complexion from regular usage of this product. Maybe I’m used to a higher or stronger %? The price is nice but this does nothing to improve the appearance of my skin.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

16 hours ago

I've used a couple bottles of this because I really see a difference with my skin! I use it at night only, and make sure to wear a high SPF over 30 the next day. It gently sloughs away dead skin cells and makes my skin feel smoother. The price is dirt cheap too, but it works better than most luxury brand toners. A win win for me, and I highly recommend it. If your skin is sensitive and can't handle actives, I would caution against this, or try other glycolic products to see if you react (do a patch test).

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

17 days ago

This is my first AHA product and I really like it. I noticed glowing results immediately. This is a great surface exfoliating toner (skin brightening and fine lines) I have combination skin and this did not break me out or do anything weird. The first several applications were very mildly tingly but has since gone away now that my skin has gotten used to it. I dont recommend to anyone with hyper sensitive skin, a friend of mine cannot use this but there are other options by the ordinary such as Lactic acid that may work for you!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

22 days ago

I'm pretty impressed with this product. Over the years I've come to appreciate the need to exfoliate to give my skin a glow and allow active products like retinol and Vitamin C to be more effective. Currently, I use and like Dr. Dennis Gross alpha/beta peels, which work well but are admittedly a bit expensive. I thought I'd give this glycolic acid a try to see if I could get similar results. I was a little nervous to try it even though my skin is used to peeling/exfoliating products, because I'm also prone to breakouts and extreme dryness. I followed the instructions to wipe the product around my face, and then follow with a moisturizing product. There was a mild stinging at first though it disappeared about half an hour later. The next day, my skin looked slightly brighter and makeup applied more smoothly. I'm sold! Since buying this product I haven't felt the need to use my Dr Dennis Gross pads to exfoliate. I use the solution about every third night; I suspect more would lead to irritation. Given the frequency of use, and the huge amount of product in the bottle, I think it will last at least six months, maybe more! Overall this gives a huge bang for your buck if the product works for you.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a month ago

I have been using this for a week now and believe it's enough time to know if I like it or not, and I do. I used to use the Mario Badescu Glycolic toner years ago and I was enjoying the benefits of the glycolic acid, until the castor oil in it broke me out. My skin is super sensitive to oils, and also to scrubs or stimulation when it comes to exfoliating-I will break out, get super dry or get tiny bumps. However, my skin works really well with naturally extracted peels like glycolic, papaya enzyme or lactic. You just have to know your skin, and after 15 years of trial and error, I do lol. Hopefully it won't take you as long! My skin is naturally more oily but It's Winter now and super dry out, so that does affect my skin too. The toner has definitely shrunk my pores and made an extremely even skin texture. I always had breakouts since I was a teenager (I'm 33 now), but broke out extremely bad about 4 years ago and was left with a lot of hyperpigmentation and indented scars. Micro-needling has helped tremendously with that (try it if you haven't!!), but that works more from the inside (naturally speeding up our collagen production), so I needed a good product to help even from the outside. Anyways, I wouldn't use this twice a day as it recommends, I wouldn't even use it once a day, every day. I'd day every other night after you wash your face, before serum and moisturizer. I did start using it every night, and now have noticed some dryness and a tiny bit of pink patches, so just my skin's way of saying "ok I like this, but not every night". I like that I know and understand most of the ingredients on the list, although I wish it was shorter, and for me personally, the rose water, aloe and ginseng extracts luckily work well with my skin. Also, the price is just awesome! Just make sure you have a really good moisturizer with hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and/or glycerin in it (NATURAL hydration) to follow up with. I use cerave PM and my skin drinks it up and loves it. Just get to know your body and skin from the inside out, don't be mad at it for getting irritated or breaking out, that just means it is speaking to you and telling you what it best for you. Manage your stress, eat well and use clean products. Hope this helps!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

4 months ago

Honestly, there are better toning solutions on the market. I don't know what's so unique about this solution. For example, Clarins, it is a little more expensive, but it works better and isn't as irritating as this. Or, if you are looking for another good solution, try Dr. Hauschka. The only good thing about this is the price!

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 months ago

The Ordinary Toner sadly didn't work out for me. And in the video, I'll show what has happened while I was using it. I definitely would recommend you talking to someone from the Ordinary and check if you can use it based on your skin type and the products you are currently using so that you won't get disappointed and make the same mistake I did. https://youtu.be/wj2auWEAWYw

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

5 months ago

I can't use this on my face. I've reacted badly the few times I have ( my face became red, inflamed and I developed a lot of red bumps that took weeks to disappear).. so I gave up until someone suggested to me to use it on my chest and the back of my arms which tend to get a rough texture. It helped immensely, and I didn't have a reaction. I'm still not sure why my face won't handle it, but I'm glad I found a purpose for the product and now all that texture and roughness on my arms and chest are GONE, and I have normal smooth skin. I'd buy it again for this purpose!

About reviewer (183 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 months ago

Glycolic acid is a chemical exfoliant that retails for $8.70 for 8 oz/240 mL, and it's available at Ulta and Sephora. Chemical exfoliants are my preferred method of exfoliating because it's gentler and more effective. With scrubs, I don't always apply a healthy amount of pressure and can overdo it. Exfoliating is a great way to even out skintone that is dealing with hyperpigmentation and scarring. Exfoliating essentially removes the top layer of the skin and speeds the regeneration process. The bottle is plastic and comes with a cap and nozzle. These are interchangeable, but I see myself leaving the nozzle on at all times. The product itself is in liquid form and comes in a yellow color. I like to apply this by using a cotton round and gently swiping my face. For those of you unfamiliar with chemical exfoliants, this might sting. To me, it didn't feel like anything. I actually find it to be quite gentle for the high amount of glycolic acid. It doesn't really smell like much of anything, and it has a pH of 3.6. Since this product is marketed as a toner, I use it as such and replace my regular toner with this one 2-3 times per week. I really enjoy this toner/exfoliant and find that it would be great for all skintypes, but sensitive skin should patch test due to the high amount of glycolic acid. If your skin is irritated from exfoliating, you can use this product maybe once or twice a week. With exfoliants, you don't want to go overboard or skin can become red and flakey. It works great on my oily/combination skin and helps keep my acne scarring invisible. I think the most striking aspect of this product is how much product you get at such an affordable price. There are plenty of great exfoliants in the market like Krave Beauty Kale-Lalu-Yaha, Paula's Choice AHA/BHA Solution, REN Daily AHA Toner, and a fave of mine---The Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze, but these products just aren't nearly as cheap as the Ordinary Toning Solution. This product delivers on both quality and value.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

from

5 months ago

Smooth and glowing immediate results. My pores are actually smaller and "flatter" at trouble areas (nose and forehead). My skin looks plumped with moisture and very healthy. This product stings in the beginning, it does not "tingle". I wear this sparingly as drenching the cotton ball results in a very greasy face. I also do not wear this every night, I am too terrified to do so as it is, in my opinion, a strong product. Nonetheless it is now a staple in my regimen as the results are so nice and quick. Very good value.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43