4.1

price range

Reviews

3.0

2 months ago

Honestly, there are better toning solutions on the market. I don't know what's so unique about this solution. For example, Clarins, it is a little more expensive, but it works better and isn't as irritating as this. Or, if you are looking for another good solution, try Dr. Hauschka. The only good thing about this is the price!

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 months ago

The Ordinary Toner sadly didn't work out for me. And in the video, I'll show what has happened while I was using it. I definitely would recommend you talking to someone from the Ordinary and check if you can use it based on your skin type and the products you are currently using so that you won't get disappointed and make the same mistake I did. <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/wj2auWEAWYw"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/wj2auWEAWYw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (226 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3 months ago

I can't use this on my face. I've reacted badly the few times I have ( my face became red, inflamed and I developed a lot of red bumps that took weeks to disappear).. so I gave up until someone suggested to me to use it on my chest and the back of my arms which tend to get a rough texture. It helped immensely, and I didn't have a reaction. I'm still not sure why my face won't handle it, but I'm glad I found a purpose for the product and now all that texture and roughness on my arms and chest are GONE, and I have normal smooth skin. I'd buy it again for this purpose!

About reviewer (183 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 months ago

Glycolic acid is a chemical exfoliant that retails for $8.70 for 8 oz/240 mL, and it's available at Ulta and Sephora. Chemical exfoliants are my preferred method of exfoliating because it's gentler and more effective. With scrubs, I don't always apply a healthy amount of pressure and can overdo it. Exfoliating is a great way to even out skintone that is dealing with hyperpigmentation and scarring. Exfoliating essentially removes the top layer of the skin and speeds the regeneration process. The bottle is plastic and comes with a cap and nozzle. These are interchangeable, but I see myself leaving the nozzle on at all times. The product itself is in liquid form and comes in a yellow color. I like to apply this by using a cotton round and gently swiping my face. For those of you unfamiliar with chemical exfoliants, this might sting. To me, it didn't feel like anything. I actually find it to be quite gentle for the high amount of glycolic acid. It doesn't really smell like much of anything, and it has a pH of 3.6. Since this product is marketed as a toner, I use it as such and replace my regular toner with this one 2-3 times per week. I really enjoy this toner/exfoliant and find that it would be great for all skintypes, but sensitive skin should patch test due to the high amount of glycolic acid. If your skin is irritated from exfoliating, you can use this product maybe once or twice a week. With exfoliants, you don't want to go overboard or skin can become red and flakey. It works great on my oily/combination skin and helps keep my acne scarring invisible. I think the most striking aspect of this product is how much product you get at such an affordable price. There are plenty of great exfoliants in the market like Krave Beauty Kale-Lalu-Yaha, Paula's Choice AHA/BHA Solution, REN Daily AHA Toner, and a fave of mine---The Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze, but these products just aren't nearly as cheap as the Ordinary Toning Solution. This product delivers on both quality and value.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

from

3 months ago

Smooth and glowing immediate results. My pores are actually smaller and &quot;flatter&quot; at trouble areas (nose and forehead). My skin looks plumped with moisture and very healthy. This product stings in the beginning, it does not &quot;tingle&quot;. I wear this sparingly as drenching the cotton ball results in a very greasy face. I also do not wear this every night, I am too terrified to do so as it is, in my opinion, a strong product. Nonetheless it is now a staple in my regimen as the results are so nice and quick. Very good value.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 months ago

I've noticed that when people who are new to The Ordinary, ask someone to recommend a product to try first, folks seem to always suggest Buffet or Niacinamide. To me that's the equivalent of suggesting the California Roll to someone who is new to sushi... Like, it's okay... Not bad... But you KNOW some people won't be crazy about it. If I were to recommend an Ordinary product to a newbie I would direct her or him to the Shrimp Tempura Roll in the line up: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution. (I mean, you could go all nigiri and go for their L-ascorbic acid powder, but we'll start slow...) Why? Because they'll get results and get results fast. And people like fast results. Unless you have VERY sensitive skin or a medical concern, I think anyone and everyone can benefit from a good toner, especially an exfoliating one. Whether you're 16 or 60, who among us doesn't want smaller pores and more radiant skin?? Even better, this toner delivers results quickly. Like, literally within days you will start to see more glowy skin. I didn't notice much purging as I've heard others experience, just a better complexion overall. A few things: I would only recommend using this once a day and really only at night after cleansing. Number one, I don't think facial skin needs to be exfoliated in the morning right before you expose it to the elements and all the nasty pollutants that we encounter in daily life. But also because this product might make your skin flush like it does mine. I would say this toner makes my face red and patchy for a good 30 minutes after application. Not irritated, but red nonetheless. Also, I can't recommend this toner if you currently have severe acne. I can't even imagine how much this would sting your face (I had moderate acne as a teen so I've been there before). This product is *probably* best for those trying to shrink pores, combat fine lines and wrinkles, and those who desire a more radiant complexion. This might be painful on open bumps and acne. Lastly, I've only been using this toner for a short while and I'm hoping it will do more about some of the brownish spots leftover from a prior breakout, the tiny blackheads on my nose, and the light milia I have on the corners of my nose. I haven't seen any major improvement on those 3 skin concerns, but maybe over the next few months I'll see some movement there. Overall, this is an inexpensive and effective way to sneak exfoliation into your daily skin routine.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

4 months ago

This glycolic acid works well with my reactive skin. This a a no frills exfoliant. The formulation isn’t one that boasts the ability to rid you of hyperpigmentation and signs of aging. Its main function is to exfoliate the skin, or, ungluing dead cells from each other. Which helps subsequently applied skincare penetrate deeper. I couple this with a serum that contains Niacinamide and Zinc, or my Hyaluronic Acid and it works well for me. After a few weeks consistent use my skin is smooth and glows.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

from

4 months ago

I love this. It works real good, the bottle is enormous and the price is dirt cheap. Thank you deciem, pls never discontinue your chemical exfoliants!

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

4 months ago

This is a great chemical exfoliant! I dont use it very often as I’m still trying to finish other products so I told my boyfriend to start using it. He has been complaining about his rough skin texture. His skin had large pores, super bumpy texture (especially on his forehead) and overall just needed help lol. His routine was very simple, after shower and washing his face : 1. Glycolic acid 2. Moisturize That’s it. Oh and obviously i keep reminding him to use broad spectrum spf before heading out. After about a week his skin’s texture started to dramatically change. It’s A LOT more smoother and his pores are noticeably smaller. His forehead bumps have significantly disappeared. He was shook, i was shook. 10/10 would recommend. If you dont like it, pass it down to your S.O. Lol

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 months ago

Finally, the skin care gods have answered my prayers. I never thought I would ever see my face glow heavenly, fine lines diminished, blackheads reduced and pored visibly shrinked. This modest, gigantic, oh so humbly priced bottle contains some magic ingredient that has done exactly that and has made the biggest difference in my skin since the invention of the relatively pricey Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel Pads. I wonder which of the ingredients is responsible for such success because glycolic cremes or serums I have had in the past but not with such a huge effect. For comparison, I also like the Ordinary Peeling Solution a lot but this is much gentler, less of a hassle and more effective when it comes to addressing the T-Zone without drying my 42-year old thirsty skin. Together with Ordinary's 15% Ascorbic Acid Solution this has given me the glowiest, cleanest skin EVER. This is what I wished P 50 Lotion to be (what it wasn't) but at a fraction of the cost.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

Age36-43