Rosewater

Rosewater
RosewaterRosewater 1Rosewater 2

4.5

Aqua, Essential Rose Oil.

I bought a bottle of Heritage Rose Water at the natural food store near my house, because of all the hype surrounding it. It was very inexpensive-- I think about $2.00 for an eight ounce bottle.

It's a handy item to have in my makeup kit. I use it to set makeup when I feel I need a setting spray, a toner if I run out of my usual one, to wet eyeshadows to use as liner, and so on. In the summer, I keep a bottle in the refrigerator and on very hot days, spray myself lightly as a refresher.

In spite of Paula Begoun saying it has a heavy fragrance, I find it doesn't-- in fact, it dissipates rather quickly. Again, I use the Heritage brand available at natural food stores. Also, I find Paula's statement about the fragrance rather stupid. It IS rosewater. It's distilled from rose petals. What does she think it's going to smell like? Or does she think it's going to be fragrance-free? *smh*

Rose Water is another consistent product in my skin care. You'll always find an 8oz bottle of Heritage Rose Water in my skin care storage. Is so beneficial for your skin and very cost efficient. I use this in many different ways. It's a main ingredient in most of my DIY face masks and homemade serums. I also mist a small amount it on my face in between applying my skin care products such as serums, moisturizers, etc.since damp skin absorbs the product better than dry skin and at the same time i get the moisturizing, calming benefits of the Rose Water. It's biggest use is that it is what I fill my facial mister with and the mister gets used throughout the day....it refreshes my skin and revives my makeup...it will make 6hr old makeup look freshly applied. I wish everyone knew the variety of uses and benefits if Rose Water. I'm the only person I know who uses it.

I bought this at Wholefoods because my skin was severely dehydrated from harsh winter and tretinoin, aczone, and other treatment related to cystic acne. my skin tends to overproduce oil when it is dehydrated, so I actually think that was making everything worse. I researched the ingredients on this and found no comedogenic ingredients so I decided to give it a try. Upon spraying, my skin did feel more hydrate and supple but this didn't help with oil production and actually made my skin very sticky. I actually broke up from it a couple days later, and I could visibly see this product causing small tiny bumps on my skin, which I believe were clogged pores. I am not sure why I had the reaction, but research would suggest that not everyone's skin like rose oil, which this one does contain. Glycerin, while a good humectant for most skins, too much would feel sticky, and glycerin can be from plants or animal, this one doesn't specify, and I have read that glycerin from animal tends to be more skin irritating. so this was not a hit for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I ditched the all toners on the market.seriously.it's 100% natural ,moisturizing,slightly astringent,toning,calming,effective..etc.all in one in my skincare arsenal.such a great multi tasker.here is the list that how i am using it; Toner:it's great.it balances my skin.i take off my makeup with my cleanser completely and then tone my face with it. sometimes i use it with tea tree oil.just soak the cotton pad with rose water and only 1 drop of tto on the center.this cleans out my pores without overdrying.no itch or break out. Facial spray:in mornings after washing my face simply spray on all over my face and saturate in circular motion with my fingers as if i am applying a moisturizer. Settin spray:i set my powder with it. looks fab.never cakey look.try it! Tired eye remedy:i soak up 2 cotton pad and simply put them on my eyes.truely calming and relaxing for eyes. Hair spray:i sometime spritz my hair and comb through it.smells nice not overpowering.i noticed it also good for my scalp.it softens and polishes the hair. After shave:it really calms down any irritation or itchy feeing after i shave my legs and arm pits. Deo:ok i admit it's not so effective for this purpose.but when i am out of deodorant i use it.it's not strong enough but it's still better than nothing. Body spray:especially on hot sunny summer days it feels so nice and refresning.my skin feels very soft with it. Preparing my face for moisturizer:I always use before moisturizing either my face or body.it helps to mosturizer work better. Make sure while you are buying it is 100% pure rose water.if you are not allergic to roses go and BUY! I cannot recommend enough.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love rose water. I buy mine from Amazon. I always get the organic rose water that comes in bottle with a pump. I have very oily and acne-prone skin with a lot of redness and oh my god. My skin loves this stuff. I once ran out and only after a night of not using it, I started breaking out like crazy. So, I ordered it immediately and it came 2 days later. When applied that night, my skin calmed down the next morning and my breakouts were gone within the next few days. I was shocked at how a simple product like rose water can do so much. Totally recommend.

I'm sure everyone is buying this cuz Thataylaa recs it haha. Everything she recs gets sold out--and i buy stuff too. She's not wrong--this stuff is bomb on dry skin! I bought my first one a long time b4 her review cuz it came from an herbal/crystal store, and i needed it for witchy purposes haha. But I was spritzing my face too, besides my crystals...didn't know it was an actual 'face spray'..but it helped my moisturizer work better so I kept using it....and on diff crystals for charging them... I was on my 3rd bottle when Thataylaa rec'd it and was like yep it really works! I've got the lavender one now too and they're both bomb! Really moisturizes and keeps skin plump. I use it wherever there's forced air heat or on planes..wherever it's dry and funky. My skin loves it and it never has broken me out. Good stuff!

on 1/21/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Rosewater - whatever the brand is just amazing. Love the smell and have noticed a considerable imporovement in my skin since using it (I'm acne prone)

on 7/30/2017 8:40:00 PM

I love this rosewater so much. I'm almost addicted to it. It has no undesirable affect on my skin and i primarily use it for aromatherapy purposes. My SO loves it as well. Every time I reach for it to spray my face he asks me to give him a few good spritzes as well.

The Heritage Store Rosewater is the only brand of rosewater I've ever tried and have never wanted to try a different one. It's delightful.

on 7/20/2017 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff. Smells so nice and feels very refreshing. I haven't had a bottle in years, but I might go buy one. It is just a nice product and hands down the best rosewater you will find for skin care. I mostly just used as a refreshing mist and for the calming effects created by the smell. I can't remember if this is food grade or not, but I used it once in some cupcakes that I made. This company has some other floral waters, but I've never tried them. I've always wanted to...time to go shopping!

This review is for pure rosewater which you can drink. There are several types of rosewater (distillate, hydrolat, etc. = best rosewater) but I chose the hydrolat one. I discovered rosewater on amazon. It was on my recommendation list and I was curious. I love roses as plants and they smell so good. The rating overall was almost 5 stars (over 1000 reviews) so why not giving it a try? The price is expensive, yes. But it's not easy either to find pure rosewater in arabian/turkish stores so I purchased it. I've read that slightly pinkish rosewater is the best, btw., but I never found any rosewater that's pinkish. I use it for the following things: - face toner (yes, it get rids of dirt and makeup which my usual face toner couldn't get off my face) - skin care (I spray it on my face til it's wet, I'm not using any moisturizer anymore) - primer/setting spray (It really works! I work in retail, 8h and it's a good alternative to MAC's Fix+/Urban Decay All Nighter ->You get that natural glow, which makes your foundation look like skin, and it stays pretty good on my face.) - hair (spray after washing your hair -> you get softer hair) - put it in a drink (I put 2-3 teaspoons in a cup of water and yes, you may have to get used to the taste but you will feel better after some rosewater drinks) That's it so far. Some use rosewater as makeup remover. I don't since it's not as good as coconut oil. Overall, do a good research on the hints for high quality, pure rosewater and choose a good product. The price may be shocking but it's natural and you can use it in many ways. Your body will thank you for forgoing the chemical stuff (even if you use natural cosmetics, they often include alcohol).