Rosewater

Rosewater
RosewaterRosewater 1Rosewater 2

4.5

Aqua, Essential Rose Oil.

on 7/30/2017 8:40:00 PM

I love this rosewater so much. I'm almost addicted to it. It has no undesirable affect on my skin and i primarily use it for aromatherapy purposes. My SO loves it as well. Every time I reach for it to spray my face he asks me to give him a few good spritzes as well.

The Heritage Store Rosewater is the only brand of rosewater I've ever tried and have never wanted to try a different one. It's delightful.

on 7/20/2017 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff. Smells so nice and feels very refreshing. I haven't had a bottle in years, but I might go buy one. It is just a nice product and hands down the best rosewater you will find for skin care. I mostly just used as a refreshing mist and for the calming effects created by the smell. I can't remember if this is food grade or not, but I used it once in some cupcakes that I made. This company has some other floral waters, but I've never tried them. I've always wanted to...time to go shopping!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for pure rosewater which you can drink. There are several types of rosewater (distillate, hydrolat, etc. = best rosewater) but I chose the hydrolat one. I discovered rosewater on amazon. It was on my recommendation list and I was curious. I love roses as plants and they smell so good. The rating overall was almost 5 stars (over 1000 reviews) so why not giving it a try? The price is expensive, yes. But it's not easy either to find pure rosewater in arabian/turkish stores so I purchased it. I've read that slightly pinkish rosewater is the best, btw., but I never found any rosewater that's pinkish. I use it for the following things: - face toner (yes, it get rids of dirt and makeup which my usual face toner couldn't get off my face) - skin care (I spray it on my face til it's wet, I'm not using any moisturizer anymore) - primer/setting spray (It really works! I work in retail, 8h and it's a good alternative to MAC's Fix+/Urban Decay All Nighter ->You get that natural glow, which makes your foundation look like skin, and it stays pretty good on my face.) - hair (spray after washing your hair -> you get softer hair) - put it in a drink (I put 2-3 teaspoons in a cup of water and yes, you may have to get used to the taste but you will feel better after some rosewater drinks) That's it so far. Some use rosewater as makeup remover. I don't since it's not as good as coconut oil. Overall, do a good research on the hints for high quality, pure rosewater and choose a good product. The price may be shocking but it's natural and you can use it in many ways. Your body will thank you for forgoing the chemical stuff (even if you use natural cosmetics, they often include alcohol).

on 11/19/2016 12:08:00 AM

Wow this is such a lovely product. Fantastic for toning/ refreshing your skin, setting makeup, spritzing legs after shaving and sprayed through your hair simply to enjoy the soft rose scent. I like to depot some into a small spray bottle to carry in my bag for use throughout the day. My only gripe is it cost me over $16.00 at Whole Foods because Whole Foods are rip-off baztards.

on 11/17/2016 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love, love, love! I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin. It's oily but also dehydrated now that I'm getting *cough* a bit older. My skin needs hydration but I find so many things are irritating or break me out. Heritage Rosewater does neither of those things! It isn't very moisturizing - it's just light, non-irritating moisture and the scent is *divine*.

There are a tonne of uses for this product. My personal favourite is to spray this over mineral or other matte foundations. It provides a subtle glow that gives foundation a very skin-like appearance without breaking it down. It's also nice for spraying over your makeup during the day if your skin feels tight or dry.

I haven't tried other rosewaters since I'm too happy with this one to venture away from it so I'm not sure how it compares. I've repurchased this many times over.

Update: This review only stands for Heritage Store Rosewater. I was unable to find it for a little while so I purchased Essencia Eau Florale Floral Water in Rose pure and what a HUGE difference. It irritated my skin which resulted in red splotches all over my face and neck! The ingredient list just says it is made of pure rose water so I have no idea what would cause such so much irritation.

on 10/18/2016 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Holy grail product!! I buy my rosewater from my local supermarket, in the Indian produce section. It's very cheap. I put it in a spritzer bottle.
I have terrible skin- facial redness, large and numerous pores, dull uneven skin tone, very sensitive and gets irritated easily and it is very dry. I use the rosewater twice a day, I just spritz it all over my face and neck.
Wow. The difference is amazing. I literally look like I've got new skin. I have smaller pores, skin looks so hydrated, even skintone. Can't recommend this enough.

on 9/12/2016 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This rosewater is amazing. I honestly only use it on my hair, never as a toner. Definitely has helped my hair grow!

This is specifically for Heritage Rose Water. I decided to write a review here after coming across some unintentional inaccurate information regarding rose HYDROSOL.

I will first tell you how much I adore heritage ROSE WATER - purified water with Rose Essential oil added -no artificials- so although this is not literally from the distillation of roses, it is still wonderful.

I appreciate that Heritage does not mislead by labeling with words like "distilled" , unlike SOME brands do. When some brands have the word distilled etc on the label, when in fact it is referring to the rose oil that was added to the water was distilled from "origin XYZ" roses. So many "rose water" products can be mistaken for literally hydrosols.

Anyway, now to Heritage rosewater it'sself :
I have purchased many bottles of it over a span of two years now. I first tried a bottle from an organic style store. I. Loved. It.

It's the ony 'liquid' including water, that doesn't sting my face when I have a rash or irritation on my skin -sensitive skin. Sometimes plain water will sting, but when I sprayed this on instead and took note that it was so so gentle- it became a staple for me.

I now just get a bottle from Amazon whenever I can/need more. I don't really label it as a "toner" , I call it a "refresher and moisture that cannot clog pores" type of spritz. I use micellar water as a toner quite often. I spritz rosewater on my face and or body when I feel heated , it's like a comfortable "splash of water " for me to help me wake up in the mornings. I literally will just use it any time i feel like it ... so although it is labeled as a toner, it totally can be for more sensitive skin, but keep in mind it's literally highly purified water and true rose oil - so why would it be able to grab up the leftover makeup dirt and grime ?

I also spritz it before and after face masks. One thing I will mention about the moisture aspect - I also have acne prone skin so I literally have to utilize a moisturizing cleansing routine instead of applying actual oil or lotion or "moisturizer"... So when I spray this, It can add a bit of moisture but in no way something that would could clog a pore since it's aqueous with no random additives.

Now, I also will say I have never tried rose HYDROSOL. I would LOVE to soon!! Rose HYDROSOL is the actual water left over where one has distilled the petals for making essential oil of rose. I think the hydrosols are not shelf stable. So I do like the ability to keep my rosewater in my purse or whereever I go.

Heritage rose water is a wonderful floral water, has zero artificial flavor or fragrance, & is edible literally. It is also extremely gentle on irritations, even more so than tap water.. it is not going to clog your pores, and the majority of its uses are going to vary with each and every one.

The aroma -which is from nothing more but the rose essential oil drops added to the purified water- is a nice rose scent that is the opposite of 'cloying' ... it does not linger, and i love the smell but it doesn't hang around for long so I don't specifically use for aroma only. The rose oil itself is believed to have many skin healing abilities and yes there is a noticeable difference with using this vs spray bottle full of water.

Love love love it. I was thinking of getting a hydrosol, but I may just get another bottle of my rosewater ! The price is not THAT bad. I do not even know some of those makeup name brands people say, I don't care what brand I use I look at ingredients. So I'm not a brand snob. And I don't mean to come across as a skincare or rosewater snob either ! I do hope I provided some degree of clarity concerning the difference between a floral water and a hydrosol.

on 7/15/2016 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have tried Elma and Sana, as well as Instanatural Rose water, both of which claim to be 100% moroccan rose water. I have comb skin, acne prone.

I"m surprised that it gets advertised as being moisturising, because my experience has been the opposite. I find that rose water is very mattifying and it makes my skin feel tight. I like to use it as a toner before moisturiser, primer and make up. It helps with oil control, and gives me an extra hour or two before I become my usual grease ball. In fact, if I don't wear moisturiser, my combo skin becomes very dry and then you can see these new fine lines come up (from dehydration).

I haven't noticed any changes to my pores due to this. I haven't broken out in acne. It hasn't changed my skin texture. I only use this in the morning as a toner. I tried it at night, but after a day of make up, it wouldn't help remove any residue (as seen on my cotton pad).

It's a cheap buy, but I love the fact that it helps with my oil control. It's actually better than a lot of primers. Recommend to other combo skin ladies (with a very oily T zone).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have repurchased this many times. It makes a wonderful, inexpensive makeup setting spray. I'm almost 57 so I generally don't use powdery foundations or powder over my makeup....except during the heat of the summer. Some of my favorite summer foundations are powder based and on older, dry skin they can look a bit...well, powdery! And if I'm not careful, they can accumulate in lines and the end result is a disaster.

And powder on older skin is too matte, which is aging. This rosewater product fixes that problem immediately. I don't have to wait hours for my skin to create enough natural oils to make the powders blend in with my skin instead of sitting on top. The slight bit of mist that lands on my eyelids when I spray my face does wonders for setting powdered eyeshadow as well.

When sprayed over face powder, it doesn't make my skin dewy, but it does make it look like skin instead of powdered makeup. It's also very refreshing anytime your skin is feeling dry. It will also help freshen up your makeup if it's looking a little faded and making you feel droopy by afternoon. Your skin will have a bit of a dewy glow, without being sticky or oily.

I love this in summer as a skin refresher, or anytime my skin is feeling a little bit dry. It seems to reactivate my moisturizer slightly....sort of like those hair products you can reactivate by spraying on a little water later in the day.

When I have an extra bottle, I like to keep one on my nightstand. The rose scent is comforting and helps me relax and fall asleep...with a fresh feeling face.

It's perfect to spray on before putting on your moisturizer because it provides moisture for the moisturizer to "lock in." It doesn't do much good to moisturize dry skin. Always moisturize when you skin is slightly damp.

So many uses for this simple, inexpensive product! I have lost track of how many times I've repurchased this and I will continue to buy it as long as they keep making it.