Rosewater

Rosewater
image 1image 2image 3

4.5

Vor-Mag Water (water that has been vortexed and magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) and Hydroessential Rose Oil.

This is specifically for Heritage Rose Water. I decided to write a review here after coming across some unintentional inaccurate information regarding rose HYDROSOL.

I will first tell you how much I adore heritage ROSE WATER - purified water with Rose Essential oil added -no artificials- so although this is not literally from the distillation of roses, it is still wonderful.

I appreciate that Heritage does not mislead by labeling with words like "distilled" , unlike SOME brands do. When some brands have the word distilled etc on the label, when in fact it is referring to the rose oil that was added to the water was distilled from "origin XYZ" roses. So many "rose water" products can be mistaken for literally hydrosols.

Anyway, now to Heritage rosewater it'sself :
I have purchased many bottles of it over a span of two years now. I first tried a bottle from an organic style store. I. Loved. It.

It's the ony 'liquid' including water, that doesn't sting my face when I have a rash or irritation on my skin -sensitive skin. Sometimes plain water will sting, but when I sprayed this on instead and took note that it was so so gentle- it became a staple for me.

I now just get a bottle from Amazon whenever I can/need more. I don't really label it as a "toner" , I call it a "refresher and moisture that cannot clog pores" type of spritz. I use micellar water as a toner quite often. I spritz rosewater on my face and or body when I feel heated , it's like a comfortable "splash of water " for me to help me wake up in the mornings. I literally will just use it any time i feel like it ... so although it is labeled as a toner, it totally can be for more sensitive skin, but keep in mind it's literally highly purified water and true rose oil - so why would it be able to grab up the leftover makeup dirt and grime ?

I also spritz it before and after face masks. One thing I will mention about the moisture aspect - I also have acne prone skin so I literally have to utilize a moisturizing cleansing routine instead of applying actual oil or lotion or "moisturizer"... So when I spray this, It can add a bit of moisture but in no way something that would could clog a pore since it's aqueous with no random additives.

Now, I also will say I have never tried rose HYDROSOL. I would LOVE to soon!! Rose HYDROSOL is the actual water left over where one has distilled the petals for making essential oil of rose. I think the hydrosols are not shelf stable. So I do like the ability to keep my rosewater in my purse or whereever I go.

Heritage rose water is a wonderful floral water, has zero artificial flavor or fragrance, & is edible literally. It is also extremely gentle on irritations, even more so than tap water.. it is not going to clog your pores, and the majority of its uses are going to vary with each and every one.

The aroma -which is from nothing more but the rose essential oil drops added to the purified water- is a nice rose scent that is the opposite of 'cloying' ... it does not linger, and i love the smell but it doesn't hang around for long so I don't specifically use for aroma only. The rose oil itself is believed to have many skin healing abilities and yes there is a noticeable difference with using this vs spray bottle full of water.

Love love love it. I was thinking of getting a hydrosol, but I may just get another bottle of my rosewater ! The price is not THAT bad. I do not even know some of those makeup name brands people say, I don't care what brand I use I look at ingredients. So I'm not a brand snob. And I don't mean to come across as a skincare or rosewater snob either ! I do hope I provided some degree of clarity concerning the difference between a floral water and a hydrosol.

on 7/15/2016 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have tried Elma and Sana, as well as Instanatural Rose water, both of which claim to be 100% moroccan rose water. I have comb skin, acne prone.

I"m surprised that it gets advertised as being moisturising, because my experience has been the opposite. I find that rose water is very mattifying and it makes my skin feel tight. I like to use it as a toner before moisturiser, primer and make up. It helps with oil control, and gives me an extra hour or two before I become my usual grease ball. In fact, if I don't wear moisturiser, my combo skin becomes very dry and then you can see these new fine lines come up (from dehydration).

I haven't noticed any changes to my pores due to this. I haven't broken out in acne. It hasn't changed my skin texture. I only use this in the morning as a toner. I tried it at night, but after a day of make up, it wouldn't help remove any residue (as seen on my cotton pad).

It's a cheap buy, but I love the fact that it helps with my oil control. It's actually better than a lot of primers. Recommend to other combo skin ladies (with a very oily T zone).

To Read all 106 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have repurchased this many times. It makes a wonderful, inexpensive makeup setting spray. I'm almost 57 so I generally don't use powdery foundations or powder over my makeup....except during the heat of the summer. Some of my favorite summer foundations are powder based and on older, dry skin they can look a bit...well, powdery! And if I'm not careful, they can accumulate in lines and the end result is a disaster.

And powder on older skin is too matte, which is aging. This rosewater product fixes that problem immediately. I don't have to wait hours for my skin to create enough natural oils to make the powders blend in with my skin instead of sitting on top. The slight bit of mist that lands on my eyelids when I spray my face does wonders for setting powdered eyeshadow as well.

When sprayed over face powder, it doesn't make my skin dewy, but it does make it look like skin instead of powdered makeup. It's also very refreshing anytime your skin is feeling dry. It will also help freshen up your makeup if it's looking a little faded and making you feel droopy by afternoon. Your skin will have a bit of a dewy glow, without being sticky or oily.

I love this in summer as a skin refresher, or anytime my skin is feeling a little bit dry. It seems to reactivate my moisturizer slightly....sort of like those hair products you can reactivate by spraying on a little water later in the day.

When I have an extra bottle, I like to keep one on my nightstand. The rose scent is comforting and helps me relax and fall asleep...with a fresh feeling face.

It's perfect to spray on before putting on your moisturizer because it provides moisture for the moisturizer to "lock in." It doesn't do much good to moisturize dry skin. Always moisturize when you skin is slightly damp.

So many uses for this simple, inexpensive product! I have lost track of how many times I've repurchased this and I will continue to buy it as long as they keep making it.

I use rose water hydrosol which is considered a better option than just rose water because of the distillation process that uses water rather than alcohol. I originally purchased rose water hydrosol in a mist bottle to hydrate my face throughout the day. I did some research that rose water helps with many skin problems, also it is natural and safe. It is great for the summer when I want to simply wear less skincare. I use this morning and evening after cleansing - which also restores skin back to its normal PH levels. I've started mixing this with saffron which is to help with uneven skin tone. I'd originally been ignoring rose water for years because it looks like water. Although you definitely get a good scent smell of roses from it. This is definitely a good cheaper alternative to Korean's vital skincare of essences. Plus you can feel safe of mixing this with other ingredients to make your own skincare potion. Having this in a spray bottle - makes this added skincare routine effortless and hydrates your face instantly straight after cleansing. Great to use during the summer by applying before sun lotion and misting your face throughout the day. As this is extremely effortless, my skin is receiving the added benefits every day for better skin without putting too much thought into it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Love, love, and more love for the Heritage Rosewater (*specifically). My skin isn't the same without it. I use it as a toner both in the morning and at night as it hydrates extremely well. I have issues with milia on my forehead and rosewater truly does the trick.

I've noticed that when I run out of this my skin starts to freak out and gets extremely bumpy/rough in texture, but after using the rosewater again it'll calm down in a few days.

Super soothing and leaves your skin feeling sooo soft! It feels great layering a moisturizer/oil on top. Also really great for spritzing in the middle of the day (cooling + calming). Definitely my HG toner, nothing can replace it (and trust me, I've tried).

*Just an FYI, the brand you use determines the quality of rosewater you're getting. I've tried a few cheaper brands and nothing works as well as the Heritage one does.

PROS:
- Hydrating.
- Soothing.
- Improves skin texture.
- Calms down milia.
- Relatively inexpensive.

CONS:
- None.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

A dab of Ylang Ylang Extra essential oil mixed with a squirt of this dabbed on your neck and wrists will blow your mind. It keeps you calm, heightrns your senses.

I use this rosewater alone also as body spray, on my bedsheets, on my clothes. It smells amazing and fades down to a light rose scent that smells fresh and natural. I can't user it on my face though as I'm sensitive to everything.

I actually purchased the Elma and Sana 100% Pure Moroccan Rose Water off of Amazon, so my rose water review is in regards to that.

Pros:
♥ Loved the smell
♥ Didn't dry my skin out

Cons:
♥ Bad, BAD acne breakout after using it
♥ Increased redness
♥ Clogged pores

I was very excited to try this because it's praised at being so gentle and effective for helping with acne, and I experienced none of that. This did absolutely nothing but smell nice and irritate my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So recently after suffering a few weeks of a bad acne breakout, I decided I really need to switch up my skincare routine to see if it helps. I decided to use more natural products, and the only item I kept which isn't natural is my La Roche Posay Effaclar Foaming Cleanser because it's the only one which works well for me, and I can't live without it. I've also been using a few LUSH Skincare products, which've been working brilliantly but more about those in their reviews.

Anyway, I've heard about the benefits of Rosewater for AGES, but I'd always procrastinated giving it a go. I totally wish I'd started it sooner, because I love it!

The brand I use is the KTC Rose Water which is £1.00 in my local Sainsburys, so it's so affordable. I also add a few strands of Saffron in, like 2 or 3, and give it a small shake every time I use it.

It takes time to see results but I can tell it is making my face better, not worse so I'm gonna stick with it and update back in a few weeks. So far though, I love it because it gets rid of dirt, mattifies, brightens and hydrates my skin and those four things are what I look for in a skincare product.

on 9/18/2015 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think the reviewer below me just chose a poor brand. I'm no snob when it comes to products - I've only just started to look at ingredients and pay more for better quality - but the rose water featured in the image (Heritage Store) has non of the effects she listed! A local health store had this in the beauty section for 15 dollars. I thought that was a decent price considering how much you get. After only one use I'm in love! My skin is brighter, and unlike when I use my other toner, my skin tone has no red irritation and it soothed my skin after cleansing. Plus it leaves a refreshing rose scent behind! Totally recommend.

on 7/5/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a bottle of Cortas rose water from a neighborhood Middle Eastern store recently. It was under$2 for 300ml bottle. Super cheap compared to any other toner. It came in a glass bottle with a metal twist off cap. The packaging was super inconvenient for a toner bottle, but it was sold in the food section as a food/beverage ingredient. The store carries another brand of rose water, but that one lists rose flavor as an ingredient and I don't want to put artificial flavoring on my face. The Cortas one only lists rose water as its ingredient.

I use toner to clean whatever makeup/dirt that is left behind by Albolene and Hada Labo cleanser. The rose water has no cleaning power whatsoever. The cotton pad is always clean with rose water but with any other toner the pad has makeup residue on it. Rose water provides moisture for a short while. After it dries, so does your skin. I use moisturizer after applying this. My face itches after I use this. The itching is mild and the rose water doesn't burn like some other stuff I've tried.

What bothers me the most is the smell. It does not smell like fresh rose at all. It doesn't smell like it in the bottle, but after you applied it and it has dried, it smells a little like urine. It took me awhile to figure out it was the rose water that gives that smell. At first I thought maybe I stepped on something.