4.5

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

2 months ago

Rosewater smells nice and doesn't irritate my skin, but beyond that it doesn't really do much. Supposedly it has light hydrating properties, but I don't find it to be especially hydrating; if anything it's a bit drying.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 months ago

[small update, because I don't love to wash my face in the morning or do anything in the AM, I decided to clean my face with this, it's nice cooling and very easy and quick to use, balances my skin well, but I do this every other morning to avoid any reactions, though I haven't had any so far :D ] we have a rosewater bottle at home, and after some Instagram mentions of it for oily skin, I decided to dilute some with water and spray it on my face after a coffee mask and scrub for a wedding day I was invited to, it was the first time I try it, and it immediately calmed and smoothed my skin so much. I felt relaxed, it was also chilled. I had a great skin day that day anyway, but I felt this really helped my makeup be smooth and last all night even after hours of it being gone. now I love doing this for days where I don't wanna apply too much or any products but want my skin to be balanced. also after coffee scrubs especially, sometimes I put some of it in the scrub so I can do both at once. :D it's fun. I do need a new spray bottle though.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

a year ago

Heritage rosewater isn't available where I live but there's various organic rosewaters here,there's a bottle of rosewater in every house here because rosewater has a significant role in our tradition.they use it as a room fragrance in our masques,and rosewater is used in a lot of our traditional desserts(for example we mix rice,saffron,sugar,cardamom and rosewater and cook them until rice soften and melts..then let it cool and sprinkle cinnamon and grounded pistachio on it.it's a famous traditional dessert in my country named Shole Zard.they also use it in sweet rose water drinks and rose petal jam.but I use it differently.I'm on a ketodiet and mix whipped cream,vanilla powder,stevia sweetner and rosewater to create a yummy ketofriendly homemade ice cream).I know this is not a cooking forum I just shared these to say rose water is daily used in kitchens here,but people rarely use it for skincare purposes First time I used rosewater on my skin was when I ran out of Caudali Grape Water spray.I decanted some organic rose water in a tiny glass spray bottle(I normally use these bottles to decant perfume in them) and sprayed it all over my face,then applied a moisturizer(I mix my moisturizer with 2 or 3 drops of rosehip oil or any other facial oil) while my skin was still moist.since then I usually use rosewater as a thermal water and toner,spray it right after washing my face,before putting on serum or moisturizer.unlike branded toners,it doesn't irritate and tighten my skin.it just soothes and refreshes my skin and makes my moisturizer blend and spread easier and sink in faster,also my skin feels more hydrated when I apply my serum or moisturizer right after spraying rosewater.after using it daily for a month I feel my face isn't as red,dry and sensitive as usual It's very cheap and widely available and doesn't irritate my skin or break it out(I even spray it around my eyes),I'm not a snob but I usually don't feel good when I use cheap skincare products but not in this case.it feels great to put something natural and organic on my face.I always put a 10mil spray bottle of it in refrigerator(the one they sell here comes in a huge transparent glass or plastic bottle with no spray).I highly recommend you to try it if you don't dislike rosewater's scent(as,it lingers for a long time)(atleast the pure,organic,food grade ones we have here have a strong natural scent which I don't dislike) p.s: I use Mac Prep&Prime rose scented water to spray on my face as last spray so that my foundation looks more skin like/less cakey.I love it eventhough I don't see any difference in longevity of my makeup.One time on a trip,I used rosewater instead of that to freshen my makeup and it performed as good as my beloved Mac spray! 2nd p.s: my friend told me she mixes a few drops of coconut oil in rose water and uses it as makeup remover(moistens microfiber clothes with this mixture to remove makeup),she also uses the combo to refresh her mouth and get rid of keto breath.I haven't tried it yet but I definitely will

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

a year ago

Have finished so many bottles of the these. A good facial mist for hot summer days. I use this as a final step in my skincare. Does not work as a toner but does work as good facial mist. Does brighten my face in conjunction with the other products I use. I use this rosewater mist on face and hair. Good product to have in your cupboard.

About reviewer (413 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I bought a bottle of Heritage Rose Water at the natural food store near my house, because of all the hype surrounding it. It was very inexpensive-- I think about $2.00 for an eight ounce bottle. It's a handy item to have in my makeup kit. I use it to set makeup when I feel I need a setting spray, a toner if I run out of my usual one, to wet eyeshadows to use as liner, and so on. In the summer, I keep a bottle in the refrigerator and on very hot days, spray myself lightly as a refresher. In spite of Paula Begoun saying it has a heavy fragrance, I find it doesn't-- in fact, it dissipates rather quickly. Again, I use the Heritage brand available at natural food stores. Also, I find Paula's statement about the fragrance rather stupid. It IS rosewater. It's distilled from rose petals. What does she think it's going to smell like? Or does she think it's going to be fragrance-free? *smh*

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Rose Water is another consistent product in my skin care. You'll always find an 8oz bottle of Heritage Rose Water in my skin care storage. Is so beneficial for your skin and very cost efficient. I use this in many different ways. It's a main ingredient in most of my DIY face masks and homemade serums. I also mist a small amount it on my face in between applying my skin care products such as serums, moisturizers, etc.since damp skin absorbs the product better than dry skin and at the same time i get the moisturizing, calming benefits of the Rose Water. It's biggest use is that it is what I fill my facial mister with and the mister gets used throughout the day....it refreshes my skin and revives my makeup...it will make 6hr old makeup look freshly applied. I wish everyone knew the variety of uses and benefits if Rose Water. I'm the only person I know who uses it.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

I bought this at Wholefoods because my skin was severely dehydrated from harsh winter and tretinoin, aczone, and other treatment related to cystic acne. my skin tends to overproduce oil when it is dehydrated, so I actually think that was making everything worse. I researched the ingredients on this and found no comedogenic ingredients so I decided to give it a try. Upon spraying, my skin did feel more hydrate and supple but this didn't help with oil production and actually made my skin very sticky. I actually broke up from it a couple days later, and I could visibly see this product causing small tiny bumps on my skin, which I believe were clogged pores. I am not sure why I had the reaction, but research would suggest that not everyone's skin like rose oil, which this one does contain. Glycerin, while a good humectant for most skins, too much would feel sticky, and glycerin can be from plants or animal, this one doesn't specify, and I have read that glycerin from animal tends to be more skin irritating. so this was not a hit for me.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I ditched the all toners on the market.seriously.it's 100% natural ,moisturizing,slightly astringent,toning,calming,effective..etc.all in one in my skincare arsenal.such a great multi tasker.here is the list that how i am using it; Toner:it's great.it balances my skin.i take off my makeup with my cleanser completely and then tone my face with it. sometimes i use it with tea tree oil.just soak the cotton pad with rose water and only 1 drop of tto on the center.this cleans out my pores without overdrying.no itch or break out. Facial spray:in mornings after washing my face simply spray on all over my face and saturate in circular motion with my fingers as if i am applying a moisturizer. Settin spray:i set my powder with it. looks fab.never cakey look.try it! Tired eye remedy:i soak up 2 cotton pad and simply put them on my eyes.truely calming and relaxing for eyes. Hair spray:i sometime spritz my hair and comb through it.smells nice not overpowering.i noticed it also good for my scalp.it softens and polishes the hair. After shave:it really calms down any irritation or itchy feeing after i shave my legs and arm pits. Deo:ok i admit it's not so effective for this purpose.but when i am out of deodorant i use it.it's not strong enough but it's still better than nothing. Body spray:especially on hot sunny summer days it feels so nice and refresning.my skin feels very soft with it. Preparing my face for moisturizer:I always use before moisturizing either my face or body.it helps to mosturizer work better. Make sure while you are buying it is 100% pure rose water.if you are not allergic to roses go and BUY! I cannot recommend enough.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I absolutely love rose water. I buy mine from Amazon. I always get the organic rose water that comes in bottle with a pump. I have very oily and acne-prone skin with a lot of redness and oh my god. My skin loves this stuff. I once ran out and only after a night of not using it, I started breaking out like crazy. So, I ordered it immediately and it came 2 days later. When applied that night, my skin calmed down the next morning and my breakouts were gone within the next few days. I was shocked at how a simple product like rose water can do so much. Totally recommend.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I'm sure everyone is buying this cuz Thataylaa recs it haha. Everything she recs gets sold out--and i buy stuff too. She's not wrong--this stuff is bomb on dry skin! I bought my first one a long time b4 her review cuz it came from an herbal/crystal store, and i needed it for witchy purposes haha. But I was spritzing my face too, besides my crystals...didn't know it was an actual 'face spray'..but it helped my moisturizer work better so I kept using it....and on diff crystals for charging them... I was on my 3rd bottle when Thataylaa rec'd it and was like yep it really works! I've got the lavender one now too and they're both bomb! Really moisturizes and keeps skin plump. I use it wherever there's forced air heat or on planes..wherever it's dry and funky. My skin loves it and it never has broken me out. Good stuff!

About reviewer (190 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral