Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

3.3

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 2/19/2018 8:38:00 PM

I’m 43 with combination skin and I was looking for an anti-aging serum to use with the skin care routine I’ve been using for years. I tried this one because of the price and was pleasantly surprised ! I’ve been using it for 3 weeks now and already see a difference. Texture is perfect for me as my skin needs more moisture than it used too, especially in the winter when it tends to dehydrate. Great product that won’t ruin my budget. Really impressed and will buy again for sure !

I've bought a ton of skincare products from The Ordinary line over the past 6 months, and this is one of the ones that has underwhelmed me. Unlike some of the other reviewers, it didn't make me breakout or give me weird reactions. I don't particularly care about the stickiness since I apply it before bed. I just haven't really noticed a significant difference in my skin from using it. Another reviewer said this serum is really meant for aging skin, and while I'm in my thirties now I might not be there yet. So I'm not gonna knock this product outright.

There is one place where I have noticed improvement from this product: my lips. I don't know why I thought to rub it into my lips, but one night when I applied it I happened it just smear it all over, onto my lips, followed by my usual thick layer of Lansinoh. Then I went to bed.The next morning I noticed my lips felt and looked so plump and hydrated and healthy. I'm still using the Buffet serum on my face once or twice a week simply because I don't have any reason not to, but *every* night I've been applying it to my lips even when I'm using other treatments or serums.

Anyways, I still don't find it groundbreaking enough to repurchase just to use on my lips, but I wanted to share a nice way to make some use of the serum for those of you who aren't outright reacting negatively to it, but also don't really think it's helping: try it on your lips. Obviously though don't eat or drink anything after applying it. Since it's not marketed as a lip treatment it's probably wise to do what you can to avoid ingesting it.

on 1/21/2018 8:23:00 PM

I bought a bunch of items from the Deciem w/s to try out. This one was the most expensive item i got from "The Ordinary" line and i like it the least.

As a reviewer mentioned already, it's sticky. And it's not the kind of sticky feeling that starts off sticky and then dries down matte, it stays sticky the entire time. Even at the end of the night when i wash my face, i can feel it washing off...like dried glue. Also, makes my face look shiny and greasy.

Wouldn't repurchase this again!

I have been censored from posting a negative review on their website. This is my honest review.
This product is so sticky that my hair gets stuck to my forehead and cheeks. I don't wear lip gloss because my hair gets stuck to my lips when it's windy. Why would I use a product if my hair gets stuck to my face indoors and outdoors? I hate this product. I would never buy this again. What a waste of my hard earned money. I rate this as a negative 10.

on 12/22/2017 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I'm 62 and I never had particularly troubled skin or suffered from too much sun exposure as I have always been heat sensitive. That was my nemesis when I experienced a ten year transition during 'the change'. During this dreadful period I tried every type of serum as moisturiser of any sort was off the table (instant meltdown) I have settled now and use The Ordinary Buffet and a few products that my daughter put me on to. I persevere with the tackiness, letting it dry in between layers, use a really good sunscreen, a good eye cream and now The Ordinary Foundation. My skin is great with these products and my budget isn't blown. As others have said, those prone to break outs and acne need specialist products, I'm just Ordinary.

on 12/13/2017 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the best product I have used for my skin for visibly younger skin. The trick is to use only 2 drops on damp face and neck. If I use too much, I do find it can be congesting so I sometimes skip using for am/pm. I just finished an entire bottle and plan to get more!

on 12/11/2017 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

If you have acne prone skin stay awaaaaay from this product!! I always introduce 1 new skincare product at a time so I know what's the problem/ how it works. My skin had cleared up since my breakout, but I used this for a week and now I've broke out again !! It introduces whiteheads and cysts back again :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Made my skin irritated, dry, painful, had bumps that looked like chemical burns/razor burn on my face and my face was clear to begin with... I have sensitive combination skin with an occasional breakout and this didnt help but made it worse. Once I stopped this my face returned to its normal state. I like this brand but please test this out for a week or so on a small patch of your face cause you dont wanna end up like me

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product didn't have a noticeable positive or negative effect on my skin. It also feels tacky after application and takes a while to dry before you can apply moisturizer, else it pills under moisturiser.

on 11/23/2017 12:36:00 PM

Buffet is fantastic if you are nearing middle age and you want your skin to feel plumped and firm, like it used to, before gravity came along and ruined everything. This contains a mix of peptides and a probiotic complex with hyaluronic acid. My skin was slightly dry before I started using this. Now it feels nourished and soft but not greasy at all. I noticed a major improvement in the look and feel of my skin after a couple of weeks of daily use. This feels great on the skin. I use morning and night and I have not felt any irritation. I consider my skin to be sensitive.

You might notice that most of the reviewers who rate this product poorly are in their teens and twenties with acne. The product isn't designed to fight acne and perhaps that's why their ratings are low, but if you want your skin to feel a little bouncier and younger, and if you've been struggling with dry skin, you'll probably love it. It's helpful to download the skin care guide from The Ordinary. If you're a teenager, don't bother with anti-aging products yet - give them to your mom.

The price, $14.80, is well worth it. In the past I have paid much more than that for skin care products from luxury brands that didn't thrill me. I'll definitely buy this again.