Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

3.5

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

HG product. Use it in the AM normally together with a few drops of Hyaluronic acid from the same brand. Serious thirstquencher.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Like others have said, if you're having a bad skin week or are Always oily, skip this treatment. I can have sensitive skin which Becomes oily if I overdo any products, and when I use this sparingly (especially at night) this has been great (plumps my early 30s skin up real nicely, or calms irritated skin). It's all about how much you use. One of my best friends is obsessed, and she has mega dry skin. I also use it on really dry days or in the winter under my moisturizer. You have to let it set in though. Don't rush your skin care!

on 10/17/2017 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Good packaging, great ingredients, and the price can't be beat. But this serum leaves my skin feeling like flypaper, very sticky and tacky. Even using tiny amounts has the same effect. I'll finish the bottle with nighttime use, but it's too gross for the daytime under makeup.

Edit: after using this serum only at night for a few weeks I really started to see and feel a big difference in my skin. It is smoother, has more radiance, and feels plumper and more hydrated. At first I was oddly saddened to see such excellent results as I'd hoped to just finish the bottle and then be done with it, but the results can't be denied. And then, oddly enough, the stickiness started subsiding despite the fact that I'm using the exact same amount as before. I don't have a logical explanation for it, I'm completely baffled, but also very impressed that this serum is working so well for me. I was so sure I'd finish this and never repurchase but I just bought another bottle and I'm also now wearing this during the daytime. If anyone else is just starting to use this serum and having the same problem with stickiness my advice would be to keep using it and see if you don't change your mind. Upping my lippies to reflect my satisfaction, I'm very glad I gave this one a chance.

on 10/29/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It broke me out very much. I will never put this on my face again. But it made my hands very (!) soft. So i use it as a manicure treatment now. Quite expensive for that purpose. So if you are lucky and it does not break you out, i think this could very very moisterizing. It is very sticky but i dont mind that.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very dry, acne-prone and eczema-prone skin, but it is generally not sensitive. It can usually handle strong fragrance and irritating ingredients. But my skin did NOT like this product at all. The first few times I used it my skin was left feeling very irritated and dry, but after not using it for two weeks and then applying it one night I woke up to a chemical burn on my face! I'm not sure why it did this, but after leaving it again for two weeks and then applying a tiny amount on my jawline, I had the same reaction. So I now know that I cannot use this product at all.

I would recommend patch testing this before you slather it over your face, and keeping an eye on your skin's reaction to it, as my skin's reaction to it got worse the more I used it.

Unfortunately as my skin reacted so badly to it, I cannot comment on its efficacy.

on 10/24/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used this for almost three months. I never really found it to be hydrating, and it left a sticky feeling. I think it was making me breakout as well, since now that I've stopped using it, I'm not getting new acne. I have oily, acne-prone skin.

on 9/6/2017 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ive just started using it and been liking it so far. it doesnt irritate my skin and actually hydrates it which is surprising considering most face treatments i used in the past were very drying on my face. the serum has a very thin liquid-y texture and sinks right in after you apply it to your face. it's very cheap compared to most skincare products out there. will update after a few weeks of use to see if it works as the claims on the packaging.

on 9/2/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product did not work for my skin. I try out new skin care products one item at a time so I know what is causing issues. I had issues with acne all over my chin and a couple on my cheeks that I don't normally have, even a couple cystic pimples! After noticing the new acne I kept using this for several more days to see if it was just an adjustment period. I kept getting the breakouts consistently so I quit using this. Within a week the unusual breakouts cleared up and haven't been back since. I applied this in the evening after cleansing and before my moisturizing products. This felt kind of sticky right away and was a bit difficult to spread. After a little while, it felt dry on my skin. I already have dry skin so I really dislike products that make my face feel even more thirsty. Even though I have dry skin at times, my cheeks also starting itching randomly. It wasn't anything severe, but enough that it was uncomfortable. I can't say whether the Buffet produces the results it promises since I didn't not use it long enough, only about 10 days. I am only slightly acne prone so I would not suggest this product to anyone who is acne prone or has sensitive skin.

So I might have bought too many The Ordinary products, which is easy to do. The concept is, you can wear three serums at night and three in the morning (or up to three). So the problem comes when I try to fit all that on my face. Serum no. 1 at night is the retinoids, no problems there. Many of the others, including The Buffet, have a sticky texture. After you add two like that, there's barely any room for a moisturizer and oil. Let's just say I have to let them sink in a long time first. And of course, the same during the day when you want to put ss and makeup over them, and ideally a moisturizer also, but good luck. As to whether The Buffet in particular works, no idea. Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin have a similar texture.

on 9/15/2017 1:44:00 AM

I've already repurchased after using my first bottle of this, I've found it to be a lovely easy to apply serum that hydrates my skin, doesn't irritate and my overall skin health has improved greatly. My skin was getting dry and dull with age, I have sun damaged skin and I'm happy with this. I apply it every morning after cleansing and before moisturizer and sunscreen. It plumps my skin and hydrates it. As it's affordable skincare I will continue using it.