3.3

$29.20 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

19 days ago

I've tried quite a few of the Ordinary products and wanted to try the buffet as well, as I'm in my mid-twenties, I'm not judging on how well it works for fine lines, wrinkles etc..but mainly how it applies, feels on the skin and just my overall experience. Since it does claim to hydrate the skin, I do have to say that I do not feel like it does....I think that the Ordinary has better products such as the hyaluronic acid serum. The buffet serum feels sticky! Does not properly soak into the skin..and does not hydrate the skin. Also not sure if it broke me out while I was using it since more breakouts would appear while using it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MolMMcCLrgA&feature=youtu.be

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

22 days ago

This is my first experience with The Ordinary product. After reading a lot of good reviews for TO "Buffet", and the price point for an "all in one" serum, I decided to give it a try. It comes in a simple white card board box and is presented in a simple dripper bottle. It is unscented and quite viscous for a serum when I am used to products like the ANR and the Genifique serums. It goes onto the skin quite smoothly? But if you use too little, it can feel a bit tacky... In the beginning it felt okay, it did not make much difference to my skin? But after a while I noticed that it tend to sit on top of my skin. It seems to block off anything I tried to put on my skin after the serum (usually a moisturiser and night pack) and they would not sink into my skin, which made my skin feel extremely dry. So bad that my pores were positively gaping, and my face was getting very oily - my foundation was separating around my nose! This has not happened since my early days at uni! After a few weeks I was developing bumps around my cheeks. I tried everything, richer moisturiser, I exfoliated, even the sheet masks that I reserve for emergency treatment did nothing to help. I had no choice but to stop using the Buffet. It has been about a week since I stopped using it, my products have been sinking in so much better, my pores appears more refined and the bumps on my cheeks are smoothing out a bit. I guess it just wasn't for me, and I won't be repurchasing this anytime soon.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

EyesBlack

a month ago

I like this basic serum for my combination skin, I find it semi hydrating, it did not break me out, I found it was a but tacky when it starts to dry down but it foes away quickly. I havent noticed a huge difference in fine lines which is my main target area as far as serums go, I've bought this twice and I'm not sure of I'll purchase again, I dont find it to make a huge difference in my routine but overall happy with the product.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

a month ago

It is not very hydrating plus it broke me out.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

2 months ago

it's a good basic go on serum to me that helps with dry skin as well. price point isn't bad and seems hydrating and has a few good ingredients.

About reviewer (333 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

2 months ago

I had a horrible reaction to this product. It made my skin go red, a little bumpy and then started burning. This all after about an hour after application to bare skin. After rinsing it off, the burning has stopped, however, the redness remains. Thankfully I did not fall asleep with this on.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 months ago

I read so many positive reviews here and on Sephora that I figured it was a no brainer. The price point for the product line is amazing. The product however for me, not amazing. I used it for 2 months and it really did nothing. I also got an odd reaction. I experienced extreme drying of my lips during the time I used this product that no balms could relieve. It seemed odd, I kept it far from my lips. My guess is that it was getting into my moisturizer even though I let it dry before moisturizing and my moisturizer is safe to use in eye area and lip area. Oh well.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3 months ago

My skin seems to love TO but, sadly, this product was miss for me. As I was just about finished with my 2nd bottle of Matrixyl, I decided to grab Buffet to switch things up a bit. Within 3 days of using it before bed at night only, I had developed small bumps all over my forehead. I have not used any new skincare products while testing this and have not eaten anything unusual so I personally believe this was 100% "Buffet" related. Even when I was acne prone, years ago, I only broke out on my chin and very occasionally a cheek. I've never had acne or my forehead let alone a full on break out in that area. I'm still not even sure that it was a break out but I stopped using Buffet and within a few days, my forehead cleared right up. I had high hopes for this but it's not for me. I would suggest patch testing and if you experience any unpleasantness, try the Matrixyl.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

3 months ago

I love this serum! It really makes my skin more hydrated and plumping! Already my 2nd bottle and I would definitely repurchase! No fragrance, very watery , get absorbed quickly.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

3.0
from

4 months ago

I've just finished a bottle of this. I feel like when you use too much, it becomes tacky, you only need a few drops. Saying that, I don't see any noticeable positive effect on my skin. Slightly more hydrated than usually maybe and that's about it.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure