Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

3.3

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 9/3/2018 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have now tried a few products from The Ordinary at this point and they run the gamut from amazing to meh. This is a nice solid serum. It contains peptides for plumping, firming and treating wrinkles and it is very moisturizing and absorbs rather quickly. I like to use this serum after at-home peels and retinol serums. It has a nice texture and lasted quite some time. I will repurchase but I want to try the Unwrinkle Toner by Peter Thomas Roth first.

Did not see any moisturising benefits, or any improvement to fine lines or skin tone after weeks of consistent use.

Doesn’t sit well under oils. I tried using under The Ordinary Rosehip Oil and The Ordinary Plant-Derived Squalene, and The Buffet serum would end up piling almost every time.

on 8/11/2018 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very decent serum for the price. Its a great base for my night time moisturiser, it's helped with dry patches I have in the summer due to the sun and salt. It does leave a bit of sticky residue but I don't really mind because it's gone by morning. I think I'll buy it again.

Broke out and was sticky. All ordinary products haven’t worked for me

on 7/28/2018 5:46:00 AM

I love this

My skin looks even and plump hydrated and nice. The only downside is how sticky it can make your skin if you use too much. It’s never broken me out which is great since the matrixyl serum broke me out every time Iused it .

I’ve used many bottles of the buffet and will continue to use it

on 7/26/2018 6:34:00 PM

This product contains peptides, which your body will recognise as being on the surface of your skin. Your body then believes it is losing peptides from the skin and is prompted to produce more. Or that is my very basic understanding of how it was explained to me. It is probably why it works so beautifully well for older skin that is losing peptides and the younger reviewers on here don't rate it highly.

Works great for me, my skin is so plump and dewy after a few days use.

on 7/26/2018 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A lot of folks LOVE this one, but if you have issues with cystic acne, skip it. I used this for about a month and my cystic chin acne rebounded as soon as I added this to routine. I had no issues with the Hylamide Sub Q Anti-Age and I recommend that similar, yet superior product to acne sufferers.

on 7/18/2018 9:42:00 AM

I was so excited to buy this. I really thought I would love it. I had acne for 15 years and the last two I've been doing so well with my skincare that I barely even get a spot during that time of the month. The first day I tried this I got some odd small red rough patches on random areas of my face. Theres a small one below my lip that just won't go away. On top of that, I've suddenly started getting whiteheads...its the only thing that has changed. Ive read so much about it making you feel instantly awesome but my face looks really congested and blotchy, which I'm really not used to. So disappointment but then I've not tried anything like this before and maybe its just me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’m on my third (fourth?) bottle of Buffet. Though not initially blown away by it, over the last year I’ve grown quite fond of it’s dewy moisturizing goodness.
I now use it every day because I’ve come to trust it and in these humid months it’s perfect alone under my makeup and before bed with or without other moisturizers/retinols/oils/wiitchcraft rituals.
I find it less sticky than my original bottle. I’m not sure if I’m just used to it if if the formula has been tweaked, but either way I generally am only bothered by a tacky finish when it pills under makeup which this does not for me. It mixes beautifully with the vitamin C formulas and is, in my opinion a worthwhile addition to a skincare regime.
It’s true that it’s the most expensive (to my knowledge) of all Ordinary products. I always laugh at myself in these situations because everything is relative. It’s like hestitating to buy a phone app for $1.99. I’ve spent more money on (one single) skincare product(s) in the past than I even want to admit, yet in The Ordinary arena this seems costly. But it’s not. At all.

on 6/17/2018 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this in conjunction with the Vitamin C 23% with HA, and I'm not sure which does the "work", but I've noticed definite tone changes and whereas in early spring I felt like my skin was beginning to show its age, now I feel like I have subtracted 10 years from my complexion. I'm interested in trying their straight HA, so I don't know if I'd definitely repurchase or not, but I'm happy to have found the Ordinary.