Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

3.3

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 4/22/2018 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have 35-yr-old, dry combination skin which is prone to sun spots and hyperpigmentation, and have been using this for about two weeks.
Quick rundown of ingredients:
- Matrixyl 3000: a peptide complex that firms and plumps skin by boosting collagen and elastin
- Matrixyl Synthe'6: a peptide complex that reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and imperfections
- Syn-Ake peptide complex: prevents the formation of deep wrinkles and restores elasticity
- Relistase peptide complex: increases skin firmness and elasticity by boosting collagen
- Argirelox peptide complex: fights expression wrinkles, like smile lines and crow's feet
- Probiotic complex: promotes healthy skin barrier function and better hydration
- Amino acids: proteins with moisturizing, antioxidant, and restorative benefits
- Hyaluronic acid: multiple hyaluronic acid complexes hydrate and create a plump, supple feel

I mainly use the Buffet in the morning under moisturiser and sunscreen and at night along with a vitamin c emulsion so I can't honestly say whether it's doing anything or whether it's the other products. I can say however that the feel of it isn't as sticky as others have said, at least not for me. I use only a couple drops and give it 10 minutes and the feel is only slightly tacky but not enough to prevent me from putting on my makeup etc. It does keep my skin looking and feeling soft and moisturised, for eg. flaky patches between my eyebrows have now gone away. I think I would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I’m so surprised by some of the reviews on here - but then everyone’ skin is different.
I’m over 30 with oily skin, large pores and some fine lines. I find this sinks in to my skin beautifully after cleansing and toning. I’d been using No. 7 lift and luminate before this for, say at least a year, before that, protect and perfect or Paula’s Choice light serum. This leaves me less oily throughout the day than any of the above.
I certainly don’t find this tacky to the finish, I use about a 4 to 5 mm blob on my finger and that is adequate for the whole face. I use this under Ultrasun tinted SPF50 and have had no pilling at all. I sometimes use it at night under rosehip oil, and can honestly say this has never been the disastrous oil slick I imagined I’d wake up to. I haven’t seen any drastic results in pore size, not that this falls under buffet’s claims, but I do find this plumping and brightening, more so than lift and luminate, at nearly a third of the price.

Seems to be working for me. Skin feels more plump and moisturised. I use a few of The Ordinary products with the Buffet and they all seem to work really well with my skin.

on 3/15/2018 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a product of which i'm not really sure if it really does anything but use it anyway as it doesn't hurt. I use this under retinol/retinoid products by TO, and for that it works fine.

on 3/13/2018 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Nice serum, but I think that The Ordinary have other products I rather use.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not seeing much results from this after few months of use. Not sure if it’s worth $15.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Was so excited to try these Ordinary products after all the positive reviews however this and the natural moisterizing factor-HA, didn’t do any good to my skin, instead it gave me an intense burning sensation and red blotchy rashes it nearly burnt my skin out - took over a week for my skin to feel normal again.

on 2/23/2018 7:09:00 PM

I used up the whole bottle of this and have decided not to repurchase. The one bottle lasted me around 3 months with 2 x daily use. I used this as a serum before my facial oil and moisturiser. I have dry skin and found that it gives me an extra layer of hydration. I didn't see any other benefit and have decided not to repurchase as it's pretty expensive over time just for that extra layer of hydration that I can get from my toner which is cheaper.

on 2/19/2018 8:38:00 PM

I’m 43 with combination skin and I was looking for an anti-aging serum to use with the skin care routine I’ve been using for years. I tried this one because of the price and was pleasantly surprised ! I’ve been using it for 3 weeks now and already see a difference. Texture is perfect for me as my skin needs more moisture than it used too, especially in the winter when it tends to dehydrate. Great product that won’t ruin my budget. Really impressed and will buy again for sure !

I've bought a ton of skincare products from The Ordinary line over the past 6 months, and this is one of the ones that has underwhelmed me. Unlike some of the other reviewers, it didn't make me breakout or give me weird reactions. I don't particularly care about the stickiness since I apply it before bed. I just haven't really noticed a significant difference in my skin from using it. Another reviewer said this serum is really meant for aging skin, and while I'm in my thirties now I might not be there yet. So I'm not gonna knock this product outright.

There is one place where I have noticed improvement from this product: my lips. I don't know why I thought to rub it into my lips, but one night when I applied it I happened it just smear it all over, onto my lips, followed by my usual thick layer of Lansinoh. Then I went to bed.The next morning I noticed my lips felt and looked so plump and hydrated and healthy. I'm still using the Buffet serum on my face once or twice a week simply because I don't have any reason not to, but *every* night I've been applying it to my lips even when I'm using other treatments or serums.

Anyways, I still don't find it groundbreaking enough to repurchase just to use on my lips, but I wanted to share a nice way to make some use of the serum for those of you who aren't outright reacting negatively to it, but also don't really think it's helping: try it on your lips. Obviously though don't eat or drink anything after applying it. Since it's not marketed as a lip treatment it's probably wise to do what you can to avoid ingesting it.