Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

3.5

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 9/15/2017 1:44:00 AM

I've already repurchased after using my first bottle of this, I've found it to be a lovely easy to apply serum that hydrates my skin, doesn't irritate and my overall skin health has improved greatly. My skin was getting dry and dull with age, I have sun damaged skin and I'm happy with this. I apply it every morning after cleansing and before moisturizer and sunscreen. It plumps my skin and hydrates it. As it's affordable skincare I will continue using it.

So I might have bought too many The Ordinary products, which is easy to do. The concept is, you can wear three serums at night and three in the morning (or up to three). So the problem comes when I try to fit all that on my face. Serum no. 1 at night is the retinoids, no problems there. Many of the others, including The Buffet, have a sticky texture. After you add two like that, there's barely any room for a moisturizer and oil. Let's just say I have to let them sink in a long time first. And of course, the same during the day when you want to put ss and makeup over them, and ideally a moisturizer also, but good luck. As to whether The Buffet in particular works, no idea. Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin have a similar texture.

on 9/6/2017 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ive just started using it and been liking it so far. it doesnt irritate my skin and actually hydrates it which is surprising considering most face treatments i used in the past were very drying on my face. it's very cheap compared to most skincare products out there. will update after a week to see if it works as the claims on the packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using Buffet for a month now and have noticed an amazing difference in my skin. I usually get dry patches on my nose and around my lips, however using this those dry patches have vanished!

The results speak for themselves on your first use - skin will feel plump and smooth, and after this past month it's visibly noticeable just how smooth my skin is.

It takes a while for your skin to adapt to anything new added to your regime, so stick with it. I broke out a little on my 2nd week, however note that I haven't had any pimples/whiteheads/blackheads since then.

Best used after exfoliating/cleansing so you can maximise it's benefits.

The texture can feel a bit tacky, and takes a couple of minutes to absorb completely. The dropper bottle also makes it very hygienic.

Rather than putting product on your fingers, I recommend putting 3-4 drop directly on your face and then smoothing it all over - I found my fingers soaked up a lot of product, so try this method if you find yourself using lots of product.

Benefits:
- Happy skin!
- No fragrance and low/no irritation
- CHEAP!
- Hygienic
- Cruelty free

Other notes:
- Takes a couple of minutes to fully soak in - will feel sticky if not fully absorbed. Less is more!

Hope this helps!

on 9/2/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product did not work for my skin. I try out new skin care products one item at a time so I know what is causing issues. I had issues with acne all over my chin and a couple on my cheeks that I don't normally have, even a couple cystic pimples! After noticing the new acne I kept using this for several more days to see if it was just an adjustment period. I kept getting the breakouts consistently so I quit using this. Within a week the unusual breakouts cleared up and haven't been back since. I applied this in the evening after cleansing and before my moisturizing products. This felt kind of sticky right away and was a bit difficult to spread. After a little while, it felt dry on my skin. I already have dry skin so I really dislike products that make my face feel even more thirsty. Even though I have dry skin at times, my cheeks also starting itching randomly. It wasn't anything severe, but enough that it was uncomfortable. I can't say whether the Buffet produces the results it promises since I didn't not use it long enough, only about 10 days. I am only slightly acne prone so I would not suggest this product to anyone who is acne prone or has sensitive skin.

on 8/23/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

To start - my skin is combination, sensitive/reactive with some redness. Fragrance is super irritating for me, so I was excited to see that this was fragrance-free and didn't contain any essential oils.

After using it, I noticed a difference in my skin within a few days. The texture was smoother and looked brighter and tighter. The serum is sticky but liquidy enough that a little goes a long way to cover your face and neck. Because I don't think this would work well under makeup, I only used it at nighttime before a moisturizing lotion.

Why I didn't give this a perfect rating and wouldn't buy it again? I developed whiteheads developed from using it :( Not a crazy amount, but it noticeable. That said, I would definitely recommend that people try this, as that may not be the case for you. The price point is really affordable for the quality of the formula.

on 7/22/2017 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Tired of every skin serum that wa seffective costing $100, I ordered the buffet as my daily morning serum.. it rocks ! I have dry aging skin with white heads and large pores that this smooths and seems to plump..white heads and pores are shrinking. I lost purchased the lactic acid and the Rose hip serums for night time. Thank you !

on 8/21/2017 11:40:00 PM

Tried it once...make my face itchy after maybe half an hour...so far no luck with any of their things...but my skin is uber sensitive and its hard to find things that works to begin with....

on 8/21/2017 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Out of all the Deciem (The Ordinary and Niod) products I felt this was the best. A gel like serum that is easy to apply and absorbs easily. However if you apply after Ultra sun, the two don't mix and as a result a white mix sits on the skin.

However after using for 3 months did I notice a difference ? No.

on 8/16/2017 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If you are acne-prone stay away from this product. My skin was clear for months and when I introduced this product cystic breakouts came back.