Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

3.4

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've rounded up to 4 stars. I'd like to give it 3.5 though to be honest. I have nothing against this product. I'm just not sure whether it is actually doing anything to my skin. I use it every morning under a moisturiser and I haven't noticed any major difference in my skin for better or worse. I have dry skin and I'd be inclined to try a more hydrating serum from the range next time.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I am loving all of the skincare I'm using from The Ordinary. In fact I just uploaded a review of them on YouTube.

I'm using the Lactic Acid, Retinoid and the Buffet. My skin has never looked better. Its glowing, smoother and fine lines are less noticeable.

Ive been asked multiple times over the past few weeks if Ive had a facial, or work done, or gotten botox and fillers. NOPE! Its all due to The Ordinary Skincare.

I did find with The Buffet that I broke out a bit for the first two days I was using it. Ive read other reviews that this "purging" happens and is to be expected. It went away quickly and my skin looks amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A SERIOUSLY POTENT COCKTAIL

BUFFET was my introduction to The Ordinary and, straight up, it’s been the start of an interesting journey.

A clear liquid gel, a little bit goes a long way. It smooths easily into skin but takes a few minutes to fully absorb. Somewhat tacky until it dries, it doesn’t burn, itch, sting or irritate my sensitive skin. However, I got a big surprise the first time I used it. Those little lines that tell the story of my life? Within seconds, I watched them almost disappear, and by the time my face dried they were gone. No one warned me that was going to happen and I was dead shocked. I remember side-eyeing the bottle. A wrinkle eraser for wrinkles I didn’t even know I had wasn’t what I was after but curiosity got the better of me: What else, if anything, this product could do?

Weeks later, I can tell you that it does quite a lot. If you’re after that seemingly elusive ‘magical glow’ of healthy skin, this is it. Simply put, BUFFET is a short cut to looking like you eat red apples for breakfast every day during long walks in the fresh country air, and I can’t argue with the results: It balances and brightens my complexion, soothes and smooths the skin, reduces ruddiness, plays nicely with other treatments and products, layers well, doesn’t pill, works under cosmetics and there’s zero irritation with prolonged, recommended use.

The healthy glow is so addictive that while I’m still not keen on that eraser effect, I’ll keep this in my routine for what BUFFET actually does best – producing the look of truly healthy and well-behaved skin that everybody’s after. Just know you’ll sacrifice all those endearing little lines that tell the story of how you grew into your face to get it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is my review for BUFFET (by EL on 25 May 2018) from The Ordinary website. I order all my DECIEM products directly from their site, so I've posted my reviews of their products there. My reviews are listed under EL (although I am not the only EL listed there) but all my reviews follow this format and style, so I'm not hard to find there. As I was not a member of Makeup Alley until today, I'll repost the review here. It's worth noting that, months later, I am still using this product; however, I do not use it daily. It's now part of a weekly routine and, while I agree with everything I've written in this review, I've replaced daily use with Matrixyl 10% + HA to better target my personal needs .

on 9/26/2018 10:29:00 PM

This product worked well for my mature skin. I use it twice per day after washing my face and applying toner. It has given me a healthy glow and softened my wrinkles. I'm halfway through my first bottle and will definitely purchase again.

on 9/3/2018 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have now tried a few products from The Ordinary at this point and they run the gamut from amazing to meh. This is a nice solid serum. It contains peptides for plumping, firming and treating wrinkles and it is very moisturizing and absorbs rather quickly. I like to use this serum after at-home peels and retinol serums. It has a nice texture and lasted quite some time. I will repurchase but I want to try the Unwrinkle Toner by Peter Thomas Roth first.

Did not see any moisturising benefits, or any improvement to fine lines or skin tone after weeks of consistent use.

Doesn’t sit well under oils. I tried using under The Ordinary Rosehip Oil and The Ordinary Plant-Derived Squalene, and The Buffet serum would end up piling almost every time.

on 8/11/2018 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very decent serum for the price. Its a great base for my night time moisturiser, it's helped with dry patches I have in the summer due to the sun and salt. It does leave a bit of sticky residue but I don't really mind because it's gone by morning. I think I'll buy it again.

Broke out and was sticky. All ordinary products haven’t worked for me

on 7/28/2018 5:46:00 AM

I love this

My skin looks even and plump hydrated and nice. The only downside is how sticky it can make your skin if you use too much. It’s never broken me out which is great since the matrixyl serum broke me out every time Iused it .

I’ve used many bottles of the buffet and will continue to use it

on 7/26/2018 6:34:00 PM

This product contains peptides, which your body will recognise as being on the surface of your skin. Your body then believes it is losing peptides from the skin and is prompted to produce more. Or that is my very basic understanding of how it was explained to me. It is probably why it works so beautifully well for older skin that is losing peptides and the younger reviewers on here don't rate it highly.

Works great for me, my skin is so plump and dewy after a few days use.