Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

Deciem The Ordinary Buffet

3.5

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 11/23/2017 12:36:00 PM

Buffet is fantastic if you are nearing middle age and you want your skin to feel plumped and firm, like it used to, before gravity came along and ruined everything. This contains a mix of peptides and a probiotic complex with hyaluronic acid. My skin was slightly dry before I started using this. Now it feels nourished and soft but not greasy at all. I noticed a major improvement in the look and feel of my skin after a couple of weeks of daily use. This feels great on the skin. I use morning and night and I have not felt any irritation. I consider my skin to be sensitive.

You might notice that most of the reviewers who rate this product poorly are in their teens and twenties with acne. The product isn't designed to fight acne and perhaps that's why their ratings are low, but if you want your skin to feel a little bouncier and younger, and if you've been struggling with dry skin, you'll probably love it. It's helpful to download the skin care guide from The Ordinary. If you're a teenager, don't bother with anti-aging products yet - give them to your mom.

The price, $14.80, is well worth it. In the past I have paid much more than that for skin care products from luxury brands that didn't thrill me. I'll definitely buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product didn't have a noticeable positive or negative effect on my skin. It also feels tacky after application and takes a while to dry before you can apply moisturizer, else it pills under moisturiser.

on 10/29/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It broke me out very much. I will never put this on my face again. But it made my hands very (!) soft. So i use it as a manicure treatment now. Quite expensive for that purpose. So if you are lucky and it does not break you out, i think this could very very moisterizing. It is very sticky but i dont mind that.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

HG product. Use it in the AM normally together with a few drops of Hyaluronic acid from the same brand. Serious thirstquencher.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Like others have said, if you're having a bad skin week or are Always oily, skip this treatment. I can have sensitive skin which Becomes oily if I overdo any products, and when I use this sparingly (especially at night) this has been great (plumps my early 30s skin up real nicely, or calms irritated skin). It's all about how much you use. One of my best friends is obsessed, and she has mega dry skin. I also use it on really dry days or in the winter under my moisturizer. You have to let it set in though. Don't rush your skin care!

on 11/21/2017 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

F A N T A S T I C serum! I use this a few times a week, both AM and PM and it makes my face several years younger after only a couple of uses. Texture of my skin have never been better. Will never stop using!

on 10/17/2017 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Good packaging, great ingredients, and the price can't be beat. But this serum leaves my skin feeling like flypaper, very sticky and tacky. Even using tiny amounts has the same effect. I'll finish the bottle with nighttime use, but it's too gross for the daytime under makeup.

Edit: after using this serum only at night for a few weeks I really started to see and feel a big difference in my skin. It is smoother, has more radiance, and feels plumper and more hydrated. At first I was oddly saddened to see such excellent results as I'd hoped to just finish the bottle and then be done with it, but the results can't be denied. And then, oddly enough, the stickiness started subsiding despite the fact that I'm using the exact same amount as before. I don't have a logical explanation for it, I'm completely baffled, but also very impressed that this serum is working so well for me. I was so sure I'd finish this and never repurchase but I just bought another bottle and I'm also now wearing this during the daytime. If anyone else is just starting to use this serum and having the same problem with stickiness my advice would be to keep using it and see if you don't change your mind. Upping my lippies to reflect my satisfaction, I'm very glad I gave this one a chance.

on 9/15/2017 1:44:00 AM

I've already repurchased after using my first bottle of this, I've found it to be a lovely easy to apply serum that hydrates my skin, doesn't irritate and my overall skin health has improved greatly. My skin was getting dry and dull with age, I have sun damaged skin and I'm happy with this. I apply it every morning after cleansing and before moisturizer and sunscreen. It plumps my skin and hydrates it. As it's affordable skincare I will continue using it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very dry, acne-prone and eczema-prone skin, but it is generally not sensitive. It can usually handle strong fragrance and irritating ingredients. But my skin did NOT like this product at all. The first few times I used it my skin was left feeling very irritated and dry, but after not using it for two weeks and then applying it one night I woke up to a chemical burn on my face! I'm not sure why it did this, but after leaving it again for two weeks and then applying a tiny amount on my jawline, I had the same reaction. So I now know that I cannot use this product at all.

I would recommend patch testing this before you slather it over your face, and keeping an eye on your skin's reaction to it, as my skin's reaction to it got worse the more I used it.

Unfortunately as my skin reacted so badly to it, I cannot comment on its efficacy.

on 10/24/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used this for almost three months. I never really found it to be hydrating, and it left a sticky feeling. I think it was making me breakout as well, since now that I've stopped using it, I'm not getting new acne. I have oily, acne-prone skin.