Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.3

on 1/4/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for about two months now and I absolutely love it! I have dehydrated, clog-prone skin with an uneven skintone which I treat with retin-a since 1 1/2 years (i LOVE retin-a I am 35 years old and I have less fine lines than I had when I was 27 because of the retin-a). Since I do sometimes still get redness and peeling from the actives I use, I was looking for something to strengthen my skin and my derm recommended niacinamide to me. I started using olay moisturizers with spf in the mornings and I noticed that my skin did heal a lot quicker and was a lot more even toned. I wanted to up my dose of niacinamide so I decided to buy Paulas Choice Niacinamide Booster which I didn't like at all. it dried out my skin, even when mixed together with my olay moisturizer. I have waited a long time to finally try the ordinary`s niacinamide since I was scared that too much niacinamide just isn't for my skin. I was wrong. I LOVE this little affordable serum. it really evens out my skin so much, it kind of makes it look almost airbrushed. I use it on bare skin in the mornings under my moisturizer. I do wait for about 5 minutes before I apply my moisturizer, this way it won´t ball up at all! I also apply it under the ordinary`s squalane at night when I don't use my retin-a and I wake up to creamy, even-toned skin. I also feel that it helps with collagen since I also apply it underneath my eyes and I can't see any lines at all! I will definitely repurchase, I really enjoy this one! no clogging from this either! OH AND my skin is dehydrated but it still gets oily during the day. the oiliness is so much better with this product, it looks nice and glowy, not shiny anymore! I recommend to try to anyone with my skintype and/or age!

Update: I have been to my old work place yesterday and went to their restroom where they have a mirror which has HORRIBLE lighting, I HATED looking in there since my uneven skin texture would almost throw shadows lol (I once looked at my butt in it and i was traumatized for weeks and signed myself up in 2 fitness studios.. so... off topic but girls and guys, lighting matters SOO much when looking at yourself in the mirror so don't be too hard on yourself you probably look 100 x better in real life :) ) ANYWAYS when I washed my hands I did a double take! My face looked so so so much better than what it used to in this darn mirror! 70 percent more even textured and I dare to say 85 percent more even colored and I was only wearing a little concealer and powder and I used to wear a lot of foundation! please try this product, it is so inexpensive and if it works, it works WONDERS!

on 12/21/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love how it makes my face glossy and smooth. Helps with rosacea!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this. It is a thin serum that disappears on the face as soon as it's applied. You have to use a moisturizer afterwards. I picked it up because I have oily, acne-prone skin, and thought that would help. But I don't like how tight my face feels after I put it on. I really thought this could help but it doesn't prevent breakouts, quite the opposite. I used W3LL People Bio Skin Tint afterwards, because it's pretty rich and contains oil, and I thought that would counterbalance this. However, it broke me out in cystic pimples mid-day, and I could feel it under my makeup. It was pretty awful, all patchy and an oily mess. I'm thinking that my skin might dislike zinc, actually. Both these products contain zinc, and La Roche-Posay Serozinc does the opposite of what it's supposed to as well. So I understand that this might work for people who react well to zinc. I can't recommend it, but given the simple formulation, I still think that this is a decent product if you're looking to test these ingredients. For the price point, I'm not sorry that I did.

on 11/21/2017 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the third Niacinamide product I try, but I realize this ingredient is not for me. My skin does not like this at all. It’s a nono near the eyes (makes the area sooo dry) and the same for my chin, but the area around my nose seems to cope the best - and makes my pores less visible. But it comes with a flaky skin prize. Won’t buy again 😔

on 10/6/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product! I bought it because it claimed to help minimize pores, and my pores do look smaller. Is it because of this, or other changes I've made in my routine? I don't know. Am I going to stop using this to find out for sure? Nope!

The price is cheap, the bottle lasts a LONG time and the texture is smooth and silky, and it doesn't irritate my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin, and am extremely acne-prone. My skin has responded very well to Olay Luminous Boost Concentrate (a serum w/ niacinamide) it's $22 for 1 oz. So The Ordinary's price, $5.90 for 1 oz was too good to not try out.

I did a couple test spots for a week (near my eyebrows, and another near my chin) and I started to break out. I know it's not purging since I've been using stridex, glyolic acid, niacinamide in Olay products.

I've stopped using this on my face, and I'm using it on my neck & hands. I'm going to go back to the Olay serum & probably eventually put down the $$$ for Paula's Choice 10% niacinamide. I really wish The Ordinary would make a dupe for Paula's Choice--the simplicity is amazing for people with extremely acne-prone skin.

It is very moisturizing, and worth a shot for the price. Be cautious if you have a similar skin type to me.

on 9/9/2017 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin and this stuff definitely helps me, it keeps the shine away for a few good hours. I haven't seen any pores minimizing action yet, but it i excellent for keeping me matte. I would repurchase!

on 8/21/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another the ordinary product that has actually made my skin worse! Giant blacKheads and huge pores! The buffet gave me cystic acne, so If you are acne prone, stay away from this...

on 8/9/2017 8:25:00 AM

I am 33 and my skin is still pretty much as oily as it was when i was 15. I don't have acne anymore, just monthly breakouts with 1 or 2 small zits.
But my pores are large and my makeup is "sliding" after a couple of hour of wear which sucks. I've used primers with little sucess, even high-end ones.
I decided to buy this instead. Since i only wash my face at night (i have sensitive/reactive skin) i only apply the serum at night before my La Roche Posay Toleriane face lotion. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and i am noticing a difference: my makeup holds better and my complexion seems clearer but i still have a nice healthy glow.
I tried using it twice a day like they say you should but it irritated my skin so if you are like me, use it once a day and it will be sufficient.

EDIT: after one week i had to stop using it, it broke me out (tiny little bumps with white heads) so i can't use it anymore...Disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product doesn't break me out, regulates the appearance of sebum and also makes me less oily during the day. The only thing I don't like about this product is the gel-like, foamy consistency. I wish that it's more watery instead. Overall, love this product and will repurchase.