Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.2

on 10/6/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product! I bought it because it claimed to help minimize pores, and my pores do look smaller. Is it because of this, or other changes I've made in my routine? I don't know. Am I going to stop using this to find out for sure? Nope!

The price is cheap, the bottle lasts a LONG time and the texture is smooth and silky, and it doesn't irritate my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin, and am extremely acne-prone. My skin has responded very well to Olay Luminous Boost Concentrate (a serum w/ niacinamide) it's $22 for 1 oz. So The Ordinary's price, $5.90 for 1 oz was too good to not try out.

I did a couple test spots for a week (near my eyebrows, and another near my chin) and I started to break out. I know it's not purging since I've been using stridex, glyolic acid, niacinamide in Olay products.

I've stopped using this on my face, and I'm using it on my neck & hands. I'm going to go back to the Olay serum & probably eventually put down the $$$ for Paula's Choice 10% niacinamide. I really wish The Ordinary would make a dupe for Paula's Choice--the simplicity is amazing for people with extremely acne-prone skin.

It is very moisturizing, and worth a shot for the price. Be cautious if you have a similar skin type to me.

on 9/9/2017 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin and this stuff definitely helps me, it keeps the shine away for a few good hours. I haven't seen any pores minimizing action yet, but it i excellent for keeping me matte. I would repurchase!

on 8/21/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another the ordinary product that has actually made my skin worse! Giant blacKheads and huge pores! The buffet gave me cystic acne, so If you are acne prone, stay away from this...

on 8/9/2017 8:25:00 AM

I am 33 and my skin is still pretty much as oily as it was when i was 15. I don't have acne anymore, just monthly breakouts with 1 or 2 small zits.
But my pores are large and my makeup is "sliding" after a couple of hour of wear which sucks. I've used primers with little sucess, even high-end ones.
I decided to buy this instead. Since i only wash my face at night (i have sensitive/reactive skin) i only apply the serum at night before my La Roche Posay Toleriane face lotion. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and i am noticing a difference: my makeup holds better and my complexion seems clearer but i still have a nice healthy glow.
I tried using it twice a day like they say you should but it irritated my skin so if you are like me, use it once a day and it will be sufficient.

EDIT: after one week i had to stop using it, it broke me out (tiny little bumps with white heads) so i can't use it anymore...Disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product doesn't break me out, regulates the appearance of sebum and also makes me less oily during the day. The only thing I don't like about this product is the gel-like, foamy consistency. I wish that it's more watery instead. Overall, love this product and will repurchase.

So I've tried it after several Youtubers talked about it and the hype about the Ordinary became REAL. I had terrible acne spots on my skin, after i had terribly broken out during the winter. This stuff made my skin really great again and gave it nice texture. Unfortunatly the spots aren't completly gone and i have the feeling that my skin just got used to it, because it doesn't do the job anymore. But for the pricepoint a great product that lasts long.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I had a lot of dark spots on my cheeks, most of them were PIH I guess. I was sooo desperate to look for something that could erase these spots. I tried bunch of others products, but none of them did work. Then I started to try the new formula one (without carrageenan). I used it day & night under my moisturizer. It's been 3 weeks, I saw tiny little differences on my cheeks. The spots became less red but have not completely disappear. I think this one works slowly on my skin. It really helped to lighten the skin tone and made my skin so smooth. I was prone to break out before I use this, but no more break out after I used this. I will continue to use it & wish the PIHs will be gone forever!

ps: It did not break me out at all.

on 6/27/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh, I wanted to love this product so badly but I just couldn't. I purchased this hoping it would reduce the appearance of my spots and perhaps even clear up my acne a bit. However, sadly, it did the exact opposite! Within 3 days of using this product, I had broken out horribly with closed comedones all over my face. It took literally weeks for my skin to get back to normal. I'm thinking the zinc must have caused it, because I have used niacinamide before with no issues. The value is great and the product is very pleasant to apply, but it's just not for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was the one product I was most excited to try from The Ordinary, but it doesn't really do much for my skin. I have combo acne prone skin that is sensitive, and occasionally I get rosacea flares, so I figured that all of the supercilious ingredients that pop up in a lot of skincare could be avoided with this so why not give it a go. I haven't really noticed a big difference in the state of my pores or my acne versus before I started using this product, so I suppose the experiment failed. I will use up the bottle that I have, but unless I start seeing some dramatic results, I will not repurchase. I have considered the Azalaic Acid Suspension 10%, as that is the other product suggested by The Ordinary for "reducing the look of blemishes." The one thing that I really do not like about this product is the texture, namely that it pills like a mofo no matter how long I let it sit on the skin. I haven't had this problem with other products from the brand, so it is something in this particular formula that does it. I don't mind the packaging, it is very minimalist and chic (I guess), and it is easy to tell how much is left in the bottle. (For reference, I have used over half of the bottle over the course of about 2 1/2 months, so I have given it a fair shot.)