Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A very intresting product. When I started using it, I found a bit of shining on the skin, it was because of the product's stickiness. I actually kinda liked it.
But upon regular application, it only made my skin irritated and red.
Benfits, I don't think there was any after using it for 3 weeks.

on 1/11/2019 12:16:00 AM

I wanted this The Ordinary product to work so badly since it was at a great price point and packaging was simple. However, it didn't help my breakouts and seemed to irritate my sensitive skin (which may have led to more breakouts).

on 12/31/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I really do not like this product. It has not ruined my face but at the same time it did nothing to improve it. I keep hoping that it would minimize the acne, it did not. I also hope it would reduce the oiliness of my face, it did not. All it did was lightening up my bank account and take up space in my bathroom cabinet. I don't doubt that it helped others in improving their skin but I am mad that there wasn't even a modicum of improvement in mine. I have used this for three months, once in the morning. This is going back.

Big, giant cystic breakouts o my chin. No, thanks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It did nothing to me, my skin didn't get worse or better. At the time I was using it I used it for my oily t-zone were I got a lot of pores and small pimples. I didn't like the sticky consistency either.

on 10/9/2018 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Skin type: Sensitive, acne prone, oily skin.

I had a terrible breakout with this one. My entire face was full with pimples! It was crazy. It broke me out within 7 days of using it (day and night).

on 9/26/2018 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this after hearing rave reviews for acne. I however had a bad experience. It gave me cystic acne that I assumed was a purge initially, but after a few weeks of use there was no improvement. As soon as I stopped my skin cleared, other than the usual hormonal breakouts related to my cycle. I have since swapped this out for the salycilic acid 2% and along with the hyaluronic acid I have been using the whole time, I've definitely noticed an improvement in my skin.

So for those who this product gives those cystic pimples (seems to be a few), try the salycilic acid and hyaluronic acid.

My husband did try this product though and noticed an improvement in his skin, but we don't know if it's the niacinamide or the hyaluronic acid.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Well. That did nothing. I started getting a bit of acne and overall redness on my skin, and was recommended this product by a friend. Nothing happened after about a month of use. Stopped using it and my skin felt more moisturised, I guess that really says it all.

on 9/18/2018 9:16:00 AM

Sadly this product is way too sticky and very difficult to apply.
Although it does contain two excellent anti-acne and anti-aging actives in a rather unusually high concentration, the formula is too sticky and as mentioned above, not slippery enough to apply or glide on easily.

The water based formula contains mainly water and Pentylene Glycol (humectant) that is thickened by two gums. This already makes the smoothness a bit difficult.
There are two solubilizers used that could have contributed to a more elegant application if used in a higher concentration.

I also believe that using Niacinamide (vitamin B3) in such high concentration as in this product can be highly irritating and would be only recommended to very damaged skin or a thicker more resilient acne-prone skin type that is not sensitive.
Zinc PCA is an effective anti-acne agent but also provides nourishment to skin, however above 0.75% concentration it will do more damage than good.

I can only recommend this product to skin types that are resilient and have visible sun-damage or have moderate acne with a skin type that is not sensitive.
(Severe acne should be treated by prescription drugs or other anti-acne agents such as Benzoyl peroxide.)

Ingredients: 10% Niacinamide and 1% Zinc PCA

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was extremely excited to try this product. I had read rave review about it, heard numerous praises, not to mention that it was recommended for acne prone skin like mine. People on youtube were calling it a holy grail product. So I had really high hopes.
I had read that it's not uncommon for your skin to go through a "purging" phase, so I wasn't too upset when I saw that I had gotten a few blemishes. But the problem is that the "purge" never actually stopped... for over 2 months, while I tried the product. So it wasn't an actual purge. I gave it a shot for over 2 months, and every single time I used the product, I got acne. I stopped using it and my skin cleared. Then, after using it again, it went crazy with acne all over again. And they were nasty, under the skin, painful ones, too.
I didn't see any improvement in my skin - no difference in pores, no brightening, no redness reduction, nothing. So it did absolutely nothing for my skin, apart from breaking me out like crazy. I tried using it in different ways - on its own, mixed in with other products, on dry skin, on wet skin, at the beginning of my skincare routine, near the end of my skincare routine... Nothing made it work better.
Sad to say that it was a complete fail for me.