Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Well. That did nothing. I started getting a bit of acne and overall redness on my skin, and was recommended this product by a friend. Nothing happened after about a month of use. Stopped using it and my skin felt more moisturised, I guess that really says it all.

on 9/18/2018 9:16:00 AM

Sadly this product is way too sticky and very difficult to apply.
Although it does contain two excellent anti-acne and anti-aging actives in a rather unusually high concentration, the formula is too sticky and as mentioned above, not slippery enough to apply or glide on easily.

The water based formula contains mainly water and Pentylene Glycol (humectant) that is thickened by two gums. This already makes the smoothness a bit difficult.
There are two solubilizers used that could have contributed to a more elegant application if used in a higher concentration.

I also believe that using Niacinamide (vitamin B3) in such high concentration as in this product can be highly irritating and would be only recommended to very damaged skin or a thicker more resilient acne-prone skin type that is not sensitive.
Zinc PCA is an effective anti-acne agent but also provides nourishment to skin, however above 0.75% concentration it will do more damage than good.

I can only recommend this product to skin types that are resilient and have visible sun-damage or have moderate acne with a skin type that is not sensitive.
(Severe acne should be treated by prescription drugs or other anti-acne agents such as Benzoyl peroxide.)

Ingredients: 10% Niacinamide and 1% Zinc PCA

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was extremely excited to try this product. I had read rave review about it, heard numerous praises, not to mention that it was recommended for acne prone skin like mine. People on youtube were calling it a holy grail product. So I had really high hopes.
I had read that it's not uncommon for your skin to go through a "purging" phase, so I wasn't too upset when I saw that I had gotten a few blemishes. But the problem is that the "purge" never actually stopped... for over 2 months, while I tried the product. So it wasn't an actual purge. I gave it a shot for over 2 months, and every single time I used the product, I got acne. I stopped using it and my skin cleared. Then, after using it again, it went crazy with acne all over again. And they were nasty, under the skin, painful ones, too.
I didn't see any improvement in my skin - no difference in pores, no brightening, no redness reduction, nothing. So it did absolutely nothing for my skin, apart from breaking me out like crazy. I tried using it in different ways - on its own, mixed in with other products, on dry skin, on wet skin, at the beginning of my skincare routine, near the end of my skincare routine... Nothing made it work better.
Sad to say that it was a complete fail for me.

on 8/20/2018 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. The price point was amazing for a cult skincare line and it contains two actives generally recommended for my kind of rosacea prone skin. If you scroll on Google you will see pages of good reviews.so it seemed like a good bet. What could go wrong?

Well, an IMMEDIATE flare up, that's what. As soon as I applied the product, it stung. My cheeks, which hadn't flared for months, suddenly went red and my whole face prickled, particularly at the corners of my nose and somehow (though I'd been careful to avoid them) my eyes, too. A genuine inflammation response to a seemingly safe product with well researched actives. How?

I'm honestly perplexed. I've never reacted like this to anything except some kind of fruit acid or vitamin C in the days before I got to grips with my skin type. Certainly never to niacinimide or zinc. I feel there is something wrong in the formulation which makes it unsuitable for my skin and, frankly, I distrust the line as a whole now.

Unfortunately, this will end up in my skincare graveyard along with the other product I bought (like another reviewer, I'm reluctant to use it either even though it's apparently plain old HA with 'natural moisturising factors'). I'm going back to my pricier, safer serum, Synergie Vitamin B, that I know works for me and won't irritate my skin or cause a reaction.

I would strongly suggest people with sensitive rosacea or acne use caution with this one.

on 7/26/2018 11:29:00 PM

Nope. No thanks. I used it for the first time last night and now 24 hours later I have large, painful pimples all over my face. It's my first time trying a product from The Ordinary and I still have 2 more sitting on my bathroom counter I'm terrified to try.

on 7/23/2018 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never had issues with niacinimide before, but this burnt my face. I had some minor irritation the first time I tried it. I waited two days and reapplied again last night with HA serum and moisturizer over top. I literally had to get up at 1 am and wash my face. My skin is red and hugely irritated (not breakouts, not an allergic rash, just red and burnt with little dry patches all over what had been really good skin). Despite what they say, this is clearly not suitable for sensitive skin.

THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY FACE. (No, I'm not exaggerating)
Bought this along with salicylic acid according to one of the skincare regimen from The Ordinary website. I only put 8 drops on the course of 2 days on my face and then suddenly my face is filled with a lot of tiny itchy white bumps (YES, THE WHOLE FACE). I immediately stop using the products and treat my face with some bentonite clay followed with pure squalane oil. The day after, I found a micellar water that once caused the exact same reaction. Turned out it has niacinamide in it as well (I only used it once). So, the problem is niacinamide for me. I actually asked around to some friend who had used The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% a person said that it didn't cause any reaction but didn't do anything to her skin as well. So, I compared my skin to hers and do a bit of research. Turned out I have fungal acne and she doesn't. So, my assumption now is maybe it reacted horribly due to my fungal acne (Just an assumption).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I think their products are pretty overhyped but I think people love their products because of their affordability.I didnt like this product at all every time I would put it on my skin overnight I would get big splotchy flat pus filled bumps on my face that were kinda painful.Once I stopped using it they would go away.I was gonna give it to a friend but I’m scared it might break her out so I’m gonna have to dump it.I realllllyy wanted it to work.

on 6/4/2018 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I so wanted to like this! But it breaks me out every time. I get huge cysts and red pimples with white heads all over my face.
So far it is the only The Ordinary product I don't like

on 5/3/2018 12:27:00 PM

i wanted this to work for me soooo much. in theory it should be perfect for dealing with almost all my skin issues, but it broke me out in deep painful cysts withing three days. they disappeared fairly quickly after i stopped using it thankfully, but still. what a bummer.
Aaand so niacinamide was officially added to the long list of holy grail ingredients my face can't handle, right next to aloe vera and madecassoside.
having sensitive skin suuuucks.