Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by age: 19-24
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.4

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

I have used up an entire bottle of this in hopes I would see results. Unfortunately, I have not. It doesn’t harm my skin from what I can tell but it also doesn’t benefit me in any way.

on 8/30/2018 11:52:00 AM

This is great, such a good value for money yet super effective. I have really sensitive skin, but at the same time I have been having some problems whit larger pores and some blackheads, and this product made my pores almost completely disappear and my skin cleared up after using it a short while, whiteout irritating my skin. When I run out of it I'm 100% going to buy it again, and I would recommend it to anyone I know.

on 8/24/2018 4:59:00 PM

I have pretty bad acne on my forehead. The rest of my skin is generally perfect but my forehead is covered in black and white heads with large, painful, red, cystic acne. I bought a selection from the ordinary and it's really worked for me and I think mainly because of this. I only use it on my forehead in the mornings and sometimes evenings and at first I had a huge breakout but was too desperate to write it off and it actually paid off because while I do still get black heads and large pores, the painful acne and huge white heads are gone so for me, that's a win.

The other things I bought:

Glycolic acid toner 7%
5% Retinol in Squalene
Azelaic acid in suspension 10%
AHA 30% and BHA 2% peeling solution

This product actually works.
I put it in the morning & night. I noticed that my face is alot fairer and brighter every morning after using it religiously for about 1 week? However the effect stops after you stop using it. I also noticed that my blemishes have faded abit.
As the price is quite affordable, i would recommend it. If it doesn't work then you won't be too sad about the waste of money hahaa.

So i how i use it is: Toner > Hydrating Essence> Ninacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% > Moisturizer > Sunblock.
However i notice abit of ' wet flakes ' , i don't really know how to describe it but it's like when you do a scrub, you get those clump of dead skin ?? Just abit of it after applying my moisturizer. Not really a big deal for me as it's quite a good product to me.

I may or may not repurchase as i want to try other similar product, maybe in the future i will repurchase as i really quite like this product.

THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY FACE. (No, I'm not exaggerating)
Bought this along with salicylic acid according to one of the skincare regimen from The Ordinary website. I only put 8 drops on the course of 2 days on my face and then suddenly my face is filled with a lot of tiny itchy white bumps (YES, THE WHOLE FACE). I immediately stop using the products and treat my face with some bentonite clay followed with pure squalane oil. The day after, I found a micellar water that once caused the exact same reaction. Turned out it has niacinamide in it as well (I only used it once). So, the problem is niacinamide for me. I actually asked around to some friend who had used The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% a person said that it didn't cause any reaction but didn't do anything to her skin as well. So, I compared my skin to hers and do a bit of research. Turned out I have fungal acne and she doesn't. So, my assumption now is maybe it reacted horribly due to my fungal acne (Just an assumption).

on 5/29/2018 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Can be drying if you go overboard, but definitely clears up congested, clogged skin after a couple days of use. I use it once per day when I feel my skin needs to be purified. I will cleanse, use my chemical exfoliant (wait 15 min), then hyaluronic acid, then this (wait for it to sink in) and then moisturizer or an oil.

on 5/3/2018 12:27:00 PM

i wanted this to work for me soooo much. in theory it should be perfect for dealing with almost all my skin issues, but it broke me out in deep painful cysts withing three days. they disappeared fairly quickly after i stopped using it thankfully, but still. what a bummer.
Aaand so niacinamide was officially added to the long list of holy grail ingredients my face can't handle, right next to aloe vera and madecassoside.
having sensitive skin suuuucks.

on 3/26/2018 3:55:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but it gave me horrible cystic acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited about this product from all the reviews and raves. Recently I only have had few a cystic pimple here and there and hyperpigmentation from them. However, this product broke me out in several small pimples which I have not done for a year and in places I usually do not break out. At first, I was hoping it was skin turnover however my skin was not getting any better and so I stopped. I really wanted to like ordinary products as they were cheap.

on 2/27/2018 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using retin-a as tretinoin prescription medication for 5 months now. I've gone through that horrible initial breakout. That may be why the reviews for this product are not as great as I would have expected-- people who havent used vitamins a,b, and c will have breakouts for a few weeks from this.

This stuff is seriously amazing. I've had family members notice the improvement in my skin since using this. My zits (and cysts) last a third of the time when i apply this and the oil control is seriously INSANE. I stain my pillows yellow with sebum (tmi) but with this it has reduced to the point i blot only once a day.

Using vitamins A, B, and C will cause irritation and breakouts at first, but if you stick with it, it will be worth it. And if you really can't bear it, the price is right. It's a no risk product.