Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

3.9

Aqua (Water), Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Arginine, Potassium Citrate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I use to love the Sunday Riley good genes and went through about 4 bottles until I decided I wanted to switch because of the crazy price. I started using the Drunk Elephant TLC and it was good but not as great as good genes, so I went on a hunt for a different lactic acid. I came across this and at first I was in disbelief because of the cheap price, but after reading so many good reviews I decided to give it a go. I got mine in the mail yesterday and used it as per usual my nightly routine and WOW. I can totally say this product works just as well as any high end lactic acid product. Smooths out texture, lightens scars and dark spots and overall hydrates aswell. Definitely will be repurchasing.

on 5/19/2018 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

My review of this is a little unconventional.

I've had tons of tiny pimple, sometimes cystic acne and boils on both my buttcheeks (the part where you sit) when I was a kid (like 9-12 y/o). No idea why. When it all cleared up, it looked like a surface of scars. Scrubbing never worked. After some years, it became a dark black patch on both sides. Okay, not black. Just very, VERY dark patches. I realized it was a lot like hyperpigmentation.

I've always been VERY self-conscious about it whenever I'm in a bikini.

I got The Ordinary Lactic 10% from a friend who abandoned it after a few uses. Being new to acids, I very much wanted to try it on my face but I was off to a beach vacay soon after and didn't want to worry about acids and sunblocks so I had the brilliant idea of trying it out on my bum.

So I scrubbed down my bum, applied the Lactic acid, and topped it off with body lotion (OPI Avojuice which I love). On one side of my bum just to see the difference.

Prior to this, I was looking in the mirror wondering, "hey where are all the acne scars.. oh thereee.. under that ugly dark surface". Had to look real close to see it.

Anyways, I did that for 2 days in a row and on the third day, WHOAAA!! The side I used it on, it was significantly lighter! First thing I noticed were the acne scars and not a dark patch staring back at me. The other side which I only scrubbed and lotioned looked no different. I kid you not!

All these years, friends would ask why I had a 'black bum'. When I was a kid I always thought everyone had a black bum. It was embarrassing! So yeah. I'm gonna continue using this till my bum looks beach perfect.

PS: I've no idea if the one I'm using is the old or new formula. I've read that the new one is scentless and runny like water. This one kinda stinks and feels 'slimy'. I'm guessing its the old one?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My absolute ESSENTIAL skincare product I'm so obsessed with this. Have used this for about a year and would not be without it. I am acne prone, dehydrated and at times can be a little sensitive. My skin doesn't seem to react too well to TO glycolic toner.

I apply this every second evening or depending on how my skin is feeling and it does such a good job at smoothing out the texture and calming down breakouts! I use this along with The Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid and their plant Derived Squalene and my skin loves it. Highly recommend trying this if you suffer from breakouts and/or sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So firstly ill start by telling you a bit about my skin.

Oily, dehydrated, acne prone, VERY sensitive. I went on roaccutane and now have cystic acne during my cycle every month, which tne takes a few weeks to disappear. I have been left with scarring and a lot of very red hyper-pigmentation.

Ive tried so many different serums and lotions and nothing works.

I came across this on cult beauty one day and read the reviews which all seemed too good to be true if I'm honest.
So i ordered it thinking it wouldn't work but worth a try.

IM SO GLAD I DID!!!

1st night I used it diluted it with estee lauder night repair serum so it wasn't as abrasive.
My skin texture the following morning was so soft and my pores appeared smaller. I have had a few extra spots come out but i put that down to the product working and bringing them to the surface.

One use?? wow!

im on day 3 now.
my skin is soft, my spots have reduced in size, my pigmentation (which looked like bruises) are fading a lot, and congestion has started to go.

it is very runny, which i quite like as its not very heavy when on. I don't think it smells at all which is strange as everyone is saying it really stinks :/

i love this product. After suffering for so long the relief or finding something that actually works and is making a difference to scaring too is worth any amount of money, so £5.60?? im stocking up!

xx

on 2/26/2018 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My experience: burns, then breaks you out. It makes your skin tight and shiny. I used 1-2 drops (my skin Is used to lactic acid) and after a few days, pimples popped up after I've had clear skin for months. Tried it again a few weeks later after my skin healed. Again, harsh and stung my skin, and then pimples cropped where I applied it where I normally don't break out. I've found the Ordinary's products to be low quality and ineffective. I was hoping this could replace Good Genes but it obviously can not. Oh well.

on 2/23/2018 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use acid, lactic, glycolic all of it, this broke me out, first time in about 8 spots (my skin was clear before that) tried again few months later another break out 3 angry ones

I've used glycolic acid before without any issues, however I tried to give this a go instead. It's a very watery consistency, which will run down your face, so you have to hurry up to pat it down/smear it. It has a distinctive odour, which to me smells like a mix between coca cola and fermented milk (both things I enjoy, so I don't mind so much). The results are great, my skin feels smooth & supple, the exfoliation is mild but effective. I think sensitive skin types could benefit from this mild exfoliation!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had never tried lactic acid before this product so I don't have anything to compare it.
I use it two or three times a week, alternating with 1% retinol (TO) and a "rest" day where I focus on hydration. I have been used it for 2 months consistently now.
This product is very well priced and the packaging, though not perfect, is functional and allows you to see exactly how much product is left.
I really like what this product does to my skin. It leaves it feeling and looking very bright and clear, doesn't break me out, works wonderfully with other products and didn't irritate my skin at all. It feels very gentle yet effective. It exfoliates without feeling drying or leaving a feeling of "tightness".
I will continue to purchase this, no doubt.

on 1/12/2018 8:33:00 PM

This product uses lactic acid. I am used to using acids to treat my acne, but ever since I switched to this, I have been breaking out which should not be the case. I didn't have acne with my other acids. What I do like is that it is gentle, even at 10%, but it doesn't have enough potency to clear my face of pimples. It is heavy, like a gel, and feels a little weird on the skin.

on 1/12/2018 4:42:00 AM

Dont know why but it broke me out every time I used it, I am very familiar with acids but this was somehow too strong for my combo-acne prone-redness prone skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products