Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

3.9

Aqua (Water), Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Arginine, Potassium Citrate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 9/15/2017 2:00:00 AM

I'm new to the world of chemical exfoliants and am not prepared to spend big $$$ on skincare. I am older, had dry dull skin, lots of sun damage and I did have a lot of texture on my face. I love the affordability of TO products. This has been a great into to chemical exfoliation for me, it tingles a little when I first apply but it settles down quickly and I've had no adverse affects from this. The texture on my face has pretty much gone and my skin feels softer and looks brighter. I use this every third night and am really happy with the results. I do layer it with moisturizers and oils and leave on overnight and my skin feels lovely the next morning.

on 9/8/2017 3:02:00 PM

I haven't used lactic acid before so built up to leaving it on overnight. Anyway, no adverse effects and my skin looks great. Fantastic packaging and price too. Addictive!

on 9/2/2017 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could give this product 0 stars...I would. I'm no stranger to chemical exfoliation, I usually use a 7% glycolic acid peel but I recieved this product from a friend as a gift. I decided to try this but omg...the moment I put this on my face, I get red bumps EVERYWHERE!

On a side note: the packaging is simple and nice but the dropper is quite annoying to dispense since the product is so viscous.

on 8/30/2017 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been a BHA, AHA and Retin-A user for a number of years so my skin is used to such products. I did not experience any irritation and it worked well to get rid of some flakey skin and generally brighten my skin. It was not as hydrating as some of the AHA formulas I'm used to so that was a negative for me. The thing that was the deal breaker is the scent of decaying celery which lingered for a long time after. I think if you are OK with the smell of celery you will be ok with this but if you dislike celery or a sensitive to smell just be ware of this. The price is right for sure but for me the scent is so unpleasant that I'm tossing three quarters of it out and going back to one of my usual AHA's.

I've been using different products with AHA/BHA daily the last 10 years or so, so my acne prone but non-oily skin is pretty used to acids. I decided to try this product out since you can't really beat the price, and my skin always responded well to lactic acid in particular (only tried peels with lactic acid, never a daily use product). So when I run out of my normal HG from PTR with glycolic acid, I switched to this product instead. My skin has been fairly stable for a while, with infrequent breakouts, but very stubborn whiteheads. As opposed to the PTR treatment, I also decided to use this product twice a day to try and get rid of those whiteheads. After the first week, I freaked out a bit since I could feel (but not see) a lot of new clogged pores on my cheeks and chin. However I kept with it, and very slowly (6 weeks in or so now), I've noticed an improvement in the amount of whiteheads and skin discoloration. I'm not sure if it's my skin liking the lactic acid, or if it's the upped use from once to twice daily. Long story short: I'm very happy with this product. With the low price, it's my new daily moisturizer/treatment and I'm happy I don't have to pay for PTR anymore since I get similar/better results for half the price.

on 8/10/2017 5:05:00 PM

Ive been using 5% and now 10%, honestly ive seen a huge difference in my skin in terms of textures. It has made my skin much smoother, less pores noticeable ( i dont have really bad pores) and has regulated my oil production. It smells weird, but it goes away after a bit. Really like this! Make sure to hydrate and use sunscreen everyday when u use this

After falling for Sunday Riley's Good Genes, I was on the hunt for something I could afford to use on a regular basis. This lactic acid treatment is not a perfect dupe, but is a good overall product. It gives my skin a glow and decreases texture issues. I do notice that it causes a slight amount of peeling, but I feel this is to be expected. I will continue to use this product a few times a week

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The last facial skincare product I’ve been obsessing over is The Ordinary Lactic acid 10% + Hyaluronic 2% peel. Now, I don’t want to give too much away about this product because I’m planning on doing a blog post about the line as a whole so tune it for that! What I will say is this is an incredibly effective, non-irritating, lightweight peel. While the name peel might turn you off, don’t be afraid! Lactic acid is the active ingredient doing the exfoliation in this product, it’s also considered one of the more milder forms of a peel. My partner and I who both have very sensitive skin have both found this to be a staple in our nightly routine. We use it 2x week on freshly cleansed skin before bedtime and wake up with radiant skin the following morning. This product does make your skin more sensitive to sunlight so I wear it strictly during the night. The whole line is incredibly well priced which makes it almost too easy to invest in all the products that catch your eye. Happy shopping!

Check out my blog for more skincare reviews
www.intotheintrepid.com

on 7/3/2017 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I usually like products from The Ordinary, so I thought I'd give this a try. I have very oily/acne-prone skin and am not an acid newbie. I usually use the Neostrata 8% glycolic acid toner (an HG! but $$) so I thought I'd try this.

Packaging: I personally like the dropper bottles. I think they look simple, they work well, are sanitary, are ?hopefully recyclable - definitely reusable - and I've dropped this more than a few times and it didn't break.

Application: Its a bit sticky and smells weird. I got used to it after a while but not a pleasant or neutral smell. It leaves a slightly tacky sheen that remains a bit sticky throughout the day.

Effectiveness: I *guess* it works. This formulation was not for me, and the HA made my skin sticky. It felt like it does on a very humid day - except all the time. I didn't notice any particular exfoliating effort. I usually use an acid with a retinoid and I had combined this with The Ordinary retinoid emulsion. The acid helps me not break out/purge, and this really didn't do the trick.
I hate wasting so I used the rest on my bumpy arms/KP, and really didn't notice a huge difference.

Overall: It's cheap. It smells weird but has no additional colours/fragrance which is great. It might work for you, but it might just be sticky and ineffective - worth a shot!

on 6/23/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This is a great acid! It does change your skin. I did not have any peeling i never had with any acid, and I have been using them regularly for years. I suggest that you start out very slow if your skin is sensitive or if you don't regularly use acids.
While I usually see the most results with stronger glycolics, I do see a result from this within 10-15 minutes and my skin is softer and brighter in the morning. I only use this twice a week as I do retinoids and glycolics on the other days.

IMPORTANT: Moisturize your ass off with acids, this may be why I have never peeled. AND use sunscreen every day! These things destroy the top layers of your skin, which means you have NO built in protection from the sun and you will burn/spot/age faster. We are trying to stop that not help it.

Popular Face Skincare Products