Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

3.9

Aqua (Water), Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Arginine, Potassium Citrate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 9/28/2018 4:36:00 AM

I really like this lactic acid from The Ordinary. It didn't sting during my initial application and I've noticed my skin was so much brighter.

I did notice that when I apply it on acne or compromised areas, it did sting and itch. So you may want to avoid those areas.

It contains Tasmanian Pepperberry that acts as anti-inflammatory, which makes this product well rounded.

Overall, an effective and affordable product.

on 9/27/2018 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Dry, sensitive, eczema prone skin. Flakiness has been stopping me from covering my redness with makeup. It's a horrid position to be in.
Until this product came along! I bought it ages ago with a big order from Deciem and tried it once but it stung my skin so I put it in the drawer and forgot about it.
Then a Sephora SA told me that lactic acid might solve my flaky skin problems. So I got it out and tried again.
I'm so glad I did, because I have the skin of my youth back again.
The lactic acid gently removes my flakiness. The hyaluronic acid helps plump my skin and fill out fine lines. And there are other ingredients that calm down my skin after the tingling of the lactic acid.
A brilliant product and much cheaper than Good Genes by Sunday Riley.

on 9/24/2018 2:18:00 AM

First time using lactic acid, so I got the 5% version to try.
Used it at night over 3 days with The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA over it.
Didn't see much of a result until a few days later.

Was horrified to see my skin flaking at the eye brows on both sides.
It is just flaking there and no where else on my face.
I've not used any other product on that area, so the flaking should be caused by the Lactic Acid 5%.

Used Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Bi-Phase Serum to remedy the flakiness, and was so glad that the flakes went away after a few days.

I'm not sure if there are non-visible effects of the Lactic acid 5%.
Perhaps there was some sloughing of dead skin on other parts of the face, but which was not obvious like at the eye brows.
Not sure if it eventually helped the absorption of other skin care products.

Going to have to give this a try another time, avoiding the eye brows, and see how things work.
Maybe I'll try Lactic acid 5%, then layer Natural Moisturizing Factors over it, and then top it with a face oil.

on 9/3/2018 3:42:00 PM

I am an uber fan of the ordinary and have multiple products and this is ny least favourites. I have used it three times and it has broken me out on my cheeks each time- where I never usually get spots. I wouldn’t but again. However, I absolutely love the other products from the ordinary so don’t let it put you off.

on 8/29/2018 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this serum! This is the perfect lactic acid formulation for every day. It's very mild. If you've ever used the Sunday Riley Good Genes lactic acid serum cream, this is like that but much much milder. It has never burned.

I use this after toner and before a hyaluronic moisturizer. I've been using this for two months, and have noticed that my pores are less prone to clogging around my period; I experienced less breakouts. It's daily exfoliation!

It does not have a scent. The packaging is an ordinary glass dropper. It's quite watery so if it feels ineffectual to you, you can drop some into your moisturizer to "thicken" it up!

And you can't beat the price!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Made my skin dry, irritated, itchy and red. I rarely experience any sort of skin breakout but this product left red itchy bumps all over my cheeks.

i started with the 5% as this is my first time using lactic acid, and had some success with it so i decided to move up to the 10% when i finished my bottle. Now the 10% just gave the same benefits but x100. My skin is ALWAYS baby soft now, and makeup applies way better. I am extremely happy with this product to yhe point where when i order i buy two so i have a backup! i do suggest starting with the 5% to make sure your skin agrees with this stuff before jumping right into the 10%

on 6/24/2018 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I like this. I use it once or twice a week to gently exfoliate my skin. I'm used to glycolic acid, so I don't have any problems with this at all -- no burning, no flaking. It makes my skin look more clear and fresh when I use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I use to love the Sunday Riley good genes and went through about 4 bottles until I decided I wanted to switch because of the crazy price. I started using the Drunk Elephant TLC and it was good but not as great as good genes, so I went on a hunt for a different lactic acid. I came across this and at first I was in disbelief because of the cheap price, but after reading so many good reviews I decided to give it a go. I got mine in the mail yesterday and used it as per usual my nightly routine and WOW. I can totally say this product works just as well as any high end lactic acid product. Smooths out texture, lightens scars and dark spots and overall hydrates aswell. Definitely will be repurchasing.

on 5/19/2018 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

My review of this is a little unconventional.

I've had tons of tiny pimple, sometimes cystic acne and boils on both my buttcheeks (the part where you sit) when I was a kid (like 9-12 y/o). No idea why. When it all cleared up, it looked like a surface of scars. Scrubbing never worked. After some years, it became a dark black patch on both sides. Okay, not black. Just very, VERY dark patches. I realized it was a lot like hyperpigmentation.

I've always been VERY self-conscious about it whenever I'm in a bikini.

I got The Ordinary Lactic 10% from a friend who abandoned it after a few uses. Being new to acids, I very much wanted to try it on my face but I was off to a beach vacay soon after and didn't want to worry about acids and sunblocks so I had the brilliant idea of trying it out on my bum.

So I scrubbed down my bum, applied the Lactic acid, and topped it off with body lotion (OPI Avojuice which I love). On one side of my bum just to see the difference.

Prior to this, I was looking in the mirror wondering, "hey where are all the acne scars.. oh thereee.. under that ugly dark surface". Had to look real close to see it.

Anyways, I did that for 2 days in a row and on the third day, WHOAAA!! The side I used it on, it was significantly lighter! First thing I noticed were the acne scars and not a dark patch staring back at me. The other side which I only scrubbed and lotioned looked no different. I kid you not!

All these years, friends would ask why I had a 'black bum'. When I was a kid I always thought everyone had a black bum. It was embarrassing! So yeah. I'm gonna continue using this till my bum looks beach perfect.

PS: I've no idea if the one I'm using is the old or new formula. I've read that the new one is scentless and runny like water. This is quite the stink bomb and feels 'slimy'. I'm guessing it's the old one. I patch tested it on my chin and the smell is just unbearable. How could anyone apply this to the entire face?