Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

3.8

Aqua (Water), Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Arginine, Potassium Citrate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 1/12/2018 8:33:00 PM

This product uses lactic acid. I am used to using acids to treat my acne, but ever since I switched to this, I have been breaking out which should not be the case. I didn't have acne with my other acids. What I do like is that it is gentle, even at 10%, but it doesn't have enough potency to clear my face of pimples. It is heavy, like a gel, and feels a little weird on the skin.

on 1/12/2018 4:42:00 AM

Dont know why but it broke me out every time I used it, I am very familiar with acids but this was somehow too strong for my combo-acne prone-redness prone skin.

This has transformed my skin. I was previously using the bravura lactic acid and my sister recommended this so I bought it just a week ago. I have seen such a difference, I am acne prone as well as clogged pores/congestion and after a week of use my skin is completely clear and bright, I can only put it down to this! 100% recommend and if you have tolerant skin use every night like I have, hopefully will work for you too!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product does wonders for me! I have been trying so many products to improve my skin, and I found that this definitely helped minimizing the pimples on my forehead. The only con I found was that the formula seems quite "heavy" and therefore the tiny pump does not pick up as much product. Not much of an issue though so that's okay. Overall I do recommend this product and would most definitely purchase one again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent product. I move around between Paris and London and like to keep AHAs products in both places so I don't have to carry them around. I'm using the Intelligent Nutrients Glycolic Acid, which is very expensive and very potent, and I wanted something efficient but way more affordable.This does a great job; doesn't sting at all, but makes skin soft immediately and makes my skin smooth. If you're like me and need to exfoliate often, this is a great option to use overnight. If you're not used to acids, try the 5% first! For the price point, I don't understand why some people complain if their skin doesn't tolerate AHAs. You have to ease your skin into it.

The only downside is the strong curry scent, and since I use Votary Super Seed Oil on top (which smells of seeds), I go to sleep feeling like a vegan special. But if it works, then why not. I'd rather have that than any added fragrance!

on 11/10/2017 1:57:00 PM

I am in love with this product. My skin type is combination and non-sensitive. I have a few scars from breakouts on my cheeks. I've been using nightly for over 3 weeks after showering. The product quickly sinks into my skin and I use the NOID multi-molecular hyaluronic complex as well. I think the biggest turning point was when I went to Sephora last week to get a Fenty foundation match and the makeup artist used a makeup wipe to remove my makeup. I told her that I was only wearing sunscreen. She said I had nice skin which I think is the best compliment. For only $6.80 CAD for 30ml, I think it's worth a try. Don't forget to wear sunscreen during the day!

on 11/5/2017 11:20:00 AM

AWESOME product. Very slight stinging when I first apply it, but I don't mind because I know it's working. It's extremely thin in texture and sinks in super fast so decreases time between layers. Very effective - helps make my skin very smooth. I don't peel at all with this - it just has an even-ing, smoothing, plumping effect. Nice job, Deciem!

on 10/24/2017 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff will resurface your skin better than any AHA peel on the market at half the price. I use this to face acne hyperpigmentation as well as to help ingrown hairs get out (gross, but it works!). If you guys have those on your legs, like the strawberry skin thing on your legs, this stuff will improve the appearance!! I would buy again for sure,

on 10/14/2017 5:23:00 PM

The ordinary can work wonders ! My skin had gotten used to my previous care and started breaking out again, a new pimple or three every morning, with congestion bumps up my cheeks. This is an overnight product for me(can really damage your skin in the sun, always use an spf moisturiser or just sunscreen)I use an ASAP cleanser before, and dot a few drops over my face, then pat in with a dry makeup removal pad.

If you arent used to strong products mix it with another product until your skin adjusts! Once It has dried (between 10-20 seconds) I layer on my night cream.

The first week of use I applied daily before bed, and my skin started purging after night 1.

After 3 nights there was a really visible reduction in congestion, still a few breakouts but nothing I wasn't used to.

By the 7th day, my usually large breakouts had become tiny little spots, and less aggressively red, which was fabulous. I switched to every other day at this stage.

It's been about 4 weeks since I purchased and i get the occasional breakout, but my skin has improved greatly, no more bumpy textures or 1000 blackheads. I can pretty confidently leave the house without covering up spots.

I can't stress enough it's not a lifesaver by itself (for most people), you need the right routine, but as an addition it has cleared up my trouble spots and given me back a bit of glow, and smoother, cleaner skin. For the price, it's really worth having a go.

Be forewarned: it smells sort of like rotten celery, goes away quite quickly but if you're sensitive to smells it might be too much !

on 10/8/2017 12:43:00 AM

Love this product! I do not recommend it if you're not well-practiced in chemical exfoliation, as it's rather strong and does not contain any of the typical skin-soothing additives commonly found in lactic acid serums. (In fact, Sunday Riley Good Genes is my previous favorite lactic acid treatment because of its overall skin brightening properties, but I can't justify the cost anymore when I need only its one active ingredient.) I eased this into my routine and now use it with niacinamide and 2% retinol (both from The Ordinary) as part of my evening routine. It offers the pore clearing and hyperpigmentation lightening effects you want from a lactic treatment at a fraction of what you'd typically spend. Also... yes, the texture is weird and the smell is not very pleasant. There's no residue or lingering scent, so I can't dock them points for that. Will continue to repurchase!

Popular Face Skincare Products