Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%

Aqua (Water), Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Arginine, Potassium Citrate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

At first I saw so many reviews around the web for this product that I thought some people got paid to leave these reviews. I ordered the product not expecting much. But this product does work. I use it twice a week. My routine is coconut milk dove soap for cleansing, toner, then I put on the ordinary lactic acid then after it dries I put on my moisturizer. I have had many people ask me what I am using. This does give you results. My forehead wrinkle literally disappeared. I would buy this before it gets over hyped and they raise the price.

on 11/25/2018 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've had this on hand for a while and use it occasionally.

PROS: This really works. Take the time to do things right. Cleanse your face twice, apply this to slightly damp skin, wait for it to completely dry, put a beauty oil on top of it, and then any moisturizer to seal it in. You will wake up with such lit from within skin - matte in texture but still seems to catch the light. And if you know about AHAs, you already know the benefits. Yes, your skin will be hydrated, and yes, it will be smoother and maybe appear temporarily brightened.

CONS: None? I mean, I can't think of any.

OVERALL: This product has been bumped out of the spotlight by other products in Deciem's range. I have the 30% AHA/BHA mixture from The Ordinary, but I've never been wowed by that one like this. I also have/will try the Glycolic Toner, however that is in liquid form and will be more annoying to work with (no, I do not like the idea of using cotton pads, they are wasteful for the environment and absorb product). It's also stronger than the Mandelic Acid, so you should get faster results. It's something. Please remember to use sunscreen EVERY DAY and for a week after using this too! AHA will make your skin more prone to burning.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this product. It is so gentle on my dry skin but extremely effective. My skin is smooth and flake free. I seem to have to exfoliate fairly frequently or I have a tendency to develop big cystic bumps. I use this product every day (or second day if my skin is a touch dry) and it has really helped to keep the bumps away. It is such good value for money and the packaging is excellent.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This stuff is amazing! I just did a video on YouTube comparing this against the Sunday Riley Good Genes. I definitely think this is the better of the two and so much more affordable than Good Genes.I love that this hasn't caused me any irritation. It has left my skin glowing, smoother and lines are minimized. In fact people have been asking me if I have had botox or fillers done recently. NOPE! Its just The Ordinary's Skincare.I am so in love with these products and my skin has never looked better.

on 9/28/2018 4:36:00 AM

I really like this lactic acid from The Ordinary. It didn't sting during my initial application and I've noticed my skin was so much brighter.

I did notice that when I apply it on acne or compromised areas, it did sting and itch. So you may want to avoid those areas.

It contains Tasmanian Pepperberry that acts as anti-inflammatory, which makes this product well rounded.

Overall, an effective and affordable product.

on 9/27/2018 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Dry, sensitive, eczema prone skin. Flakiness has been stopping me from covering my redness with makeup. It's a horrid position to be in.
Until this product came along! I bought it ages ago with a big order from Deciem and tried it once but it stung my skin so I put it in the drawer and forgot about it.
Then a Sephora SA told me that lactic acid might solve my flaky skin problems. So I got it out and tried again.
I'm so glad I did, because I have the skin of my youth back again.
The lactic acid gently removes my flakiness. The hyaluronic acid helps plump my skin and fill out fine lines. And there are other ingredients that calm down my skin after the tingling of the lactic acid.
A brilliant product and much cheaper than Good Genes by Sunday Riley.

on 9/24/2018 2:18:00 AM

First time using lactic acid, so I got the 5% version to try.
Used it at night over 3 days with The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA over it.
Didn't see much of a result until a few days later.

Was horrified to see my skin flaking at the eye brows on both sides.
It is just flaking there and no where else on my face.
I've not used any other product on that area, so the flaking should be caused by the Lactic Acid 5%.

Used Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Bi-Phase Serum to remedy the flakiness, and was so glad that the flakes went away after a few days.

I'm not sure if there are non-visible effects of the Lactic acid 5%.
Perhaps there was some sloughing of dead skin on other parts of the face, but which was not obvious like at the eye brows.
Not sure if it eventually helped the absorption of other skin care products.

Going to have to give this a try another time, avoiding the eye brows, and see how things work.
Maybe I'll try Lactic acid 5%, then layer Natural Moisturizing Factors over it, and then top it with a face oil.

(Update: Used Lactic acid 5% at night, and followed up with a hydrating sheet mask in the morning. So far this works. No flaking seen yet)

on 9/3/2018 3:42:00 PM

I am an uber fan of the ordinary and have multiple products and this is ny least favourites. I have used it three times and it has broken me out on my cheeks each time- where I never usually get spots. I wouldn’t but again. However, I absolutely love the other products from the ordinary so don’t let it put you off.

on 8/29/2018 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this serum! This is the perfect lactic acid formulation for every day. It's very mild. If you've ever used the Sunday Riley Good Genes lactic acid serum cream, this is like that but much much milder. It has never burned.

I use this after toner and before a hyaluronic moisturizer. I've been using this for two months, and have noticed that my pores are less prone to clogging around my period; I experienced less breakouts. It's daily exfoliation!

It does not have a scent. The packaging is an ordinary glass dropper. It's quite watery so if it feels ineffectual to you, you can drop some into your moisturizer to "thicken" it up!

And you can't beat the price!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Made my skin dry, irritated, itchy and red. I rarely experience any sort of skin breakout but this product left red itchy bumps all over my cheeks.

Popular Face Skincare Products