no images

price range

Reviews

from

4 years ago

This was one of Oprah's Favorite Things on her end of the year Favorite Things episodes. When I saw her on TV proclaiming that she could lick herself after putting this on, I thought if it's good enough for a billionaire, it's good enough for M2JS! I am in love with the light whipped texture of this cream. It's not a heavy greasy cream. It absorbs quickly. The smell is divine. It's a lovely ginger smell without being overpowering. One caveat. I don't have an ultra sensitive sense of smell. If you are sensitive to scents, smell this at the store before buying it. This isn't some heavy duty moisturizer. If you have really dry skin this isn't the product for you. It's good for normal skin. I don't care for the packaging. I wish this came in a pump instead of a round top container. I feel like I'm contaminating the entire container each time I dip my hands inside.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

1.0

6 years ago

I know scent is a personal preference - but to me this smells bad. It just smells sharp and like some cleaning product to me. I got a sample while shopping and when I used it one night, the sheets stank of this and I could smell it in the morning too. My husband (who loves ginger) complained about the scent as well saying it was "chemical and weird". . .and he usually does not even notice any scent on me. Also it is sticky and tacky, my legs felt like there was a layer of slime after I put this on. Didn't absorb or moisturise well. I wanted to shower about an hour after applying. Thank god I didn't buy a full size. I would recommend getting a sample and trying it out first - because again, scent and product texture are very personal.

About reviewer (399 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

7 years ago

I really like the ginger perfume by Origins, so I bought a set with the shower gel and the cream. Unfortunately for me, the cream does almost nothing in terms of moisturization. I think maybe there is too much fragrance in the cream for it to be moisturizing, but I always have to layer on extra cream afterwards. Other than that, I love the scent and I like how the packaging is made of a flexible plastic (that you can take a lot of the air out of) to save space.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

8 years ago

Ginger essence is a strong scent - but its better as a souffle - nice texture and a gingery-lemony bite. Not too harsh. Not a HG but OK for a while. Good in the winter.

About reviewer (2433 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I dislike and have intolerance to artificial perfumes. I can tolerate this Ginger Souffle with no problem. It smells fantastic on the skin and is subtle. As far as moisturizing ability, I'd rate it about an 8 out of 10. Sometimes I also mix it with my unscented Alba Botanica just to make the container last a little longer. I think this runs about $28 for the plastic jar. I've also tried the Ginger Essence spray and that's very strong and lasts all day, so be careful with that...it can be overwhelming.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0
from

9 years ago

To think I was going to spend $30+ online to buy this - so glad I smelled it first! I usually love ginger but this smells a little funky to me. Its more like a citrusy ginger, and I don't really care for it. I'm sure its moisturizing properties are excellent, as Origins is a great brand but the scent is blegh for me. But others love it, so give it a smell for yourself - just don't buy online! The scent is really strong and you may be turned off. I recommend going into Origins [free facials right now too :D] and testing...while you're their try out the Lavender soufflé, the smell is divine!

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

You have to smell it yourself to decide if you like the scent; that's just personal preference. I LOVE it and so does my husband. So we're happy! As a reference point for the fragrance the following essential oils are ingredients: -ginger -cardamom -apricot -coriander -eucalyptus -lime -sweet orange -bergamont -grapefruit -lemon So we're talking concentrated citrus/spicy fragrance. Based off of some others' reviews, that's not everyone's cup o tea. But hey, I hate Chanel no5 and every other florally, sugary VS perfume that dominates that market. Different strokes for different folks. As for function, the product is perfect for winter dry skin on my legs and elbows. I use it on my legs after I shave and then I go to bed. It's very moisturizing. I have used it for the past 5 years, every winter. I will keep using it.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairRed

9 years ago

When I use this body cream I automatically feel healthier, like the ginger is reinvigorating my senses and suddenly my metabolism is awakening! Hahah! This is true though, at first I thought the scent was a little too pungent and I'm sure it's not to everyone's tastes. But not being a sugary, sweet, cakey kind of person myself this scent really warmed to me. Although I sound like I am reviewing some kind of perfume here there is also much to be said for the moisturizing properties of this product! The cream is rich in skin-nourishing oils and after a couple days of using this product I can really feel a difference! When I apply the product it only takes 30 seconds, up to a minute, to settle in to my skin and then I am not left with a sticky residue, as I have read in some other reviews, but a velvety smooth, sleek finish. It is one of the only moisturizers where I can really, truly feel the difference in my skin's texture, appearance and overall well-being in a matter of days. I am truly a convert and will no longer be lusting after the sickly sweet, Palmer's Cocoa Butter, or Laura Mercier's Body Creams but for the gingery, heavenly, fresh Origins Ginger Souffle.... My only disappointment with this product is that the tubs aren't bigger! Where is the large, pump bottle for this product Origins? I always seem to run out as soon as I've bought it! I will be on your case over this one!!!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

9 years ago

I am not a fan of this product. I had read such positive reviews that I thought that I would love it. First of all, I don't like the scent. It is kind of a sickly weird smell to me. It is too strong to wear during the day because it fights with perfume, so in order to try to use up the product I began applying it to my legs at night so that I didn't smell it so much. The moisturizer/souffle itself is very disappointing as well. It sits on top of the skin even with massaging--never really absorbed to hydrate and leaves a sticky, tacky texture on top. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing this one.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I love Origins ginger products. The smell is absolutely magnificent! And the lotion has a great light non greasy feel. If your prone to dry skin, however, it may leave something to be desired for your thirsty skin. It's really better for summer or those you don't need to much moister. And I don't really like the packaging. I prefer easy to handle tubes or a nice pump dispenser instead of a big awkward tub. Overall though, I love it! The smell is fantastic and it feels great.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24