New Wash

New Wash

3.6

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil. Conditioning: Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate. Other: Keratin and Hydrolyzed Keratin, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Menthyl Lactate. Other Non-key: Gluconolactone, Panthenol, Sodium Benzoate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract5, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract5, Isopropyl Alcohol, Citric Acid4, Ceteareth-20, Trisodium HEDTA2, Calcium Gluconate2, Phenoxyethanol2, Tocopherol2, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alcohol6. Fragrance: Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil1, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood ) Wood Oil1, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil1, Myroxylon Pereirae (Balsam Peru) Oil1, Guaiacum Officinale Wood Oil1, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil1, Citronellol3, Geraniol3, Linalool3.

on 8/31/2018 2:52:00 PM

Because I wash my hair so much (due to a lot of workouts) I decided to try New Wash. I found that the original New Wash left my hair a little bit on the dry side. Now I'm trying Rich New Wash. I like it better and I love how it brings out my curls but it is extremely difficult to get out of the bottle. I mean EXTREMELY difficult. I have to lay the bottle on the counter and push my entire body weight on it to get enough out to put on my hair. I tried to find a way to email New Wash to ask them about this but I found no way to do that on their website. I have tried opening the top to different levels and even taking the top completely off but it is still ridiculously difficult to access the product. Not sure if I will buy it again unless they come up with different packaging so it is easier to get the stuff out!

on 4/30/2018 7:14:00 PM

Almost finished my bottle after 2 months use (about 3 times/week). I have fine, natural highlighted, smooth hair. Oily root, dry ends, mid length. I used the product religiously with no other shampoos or treatments in between. I always wash once, rinse and wash again. Pro’s “time saving natural product with schizophrenic action” - natural - 1 product instead of 2 - makes hair feel clean ànd cared for at once, a totally new feeling to me and quiet amazing for a cream product - discrete nice natural fragrance - detangles better than ANY natural conditioner I ever used: makes cuticle smooth and soft instantly - gently “poufs” hair to an airy quality, you can feel this especially when you rinse - economic: one regular bottle lasted more that two months on my medium long hair - great as leave-in treatment in spa Con’s - didn’t deal with my hair issues at all: oiliness, scalp irritation, hair loss during washing/conditioning/brushing ... All of this stayed exactly the same. - packaging is sleek but the thick cream would work better in a tube - my hair doesn’t look especially better While the process is totally different, the results are not really a game changer for me. But it makes shampoo time faster and easier. With conditioner (which I absolutely need on my dry, tangled ends) I always have to be careful as it can weigh my hair down. No worries about that. This wash acts exactly how you want it to in exactly the right places - without application precision. If you already spend some money on hair products you should give it a try. Some people seem to see great changes in result. I might start using my other natural products again (zenztherapy, Haushka, urtekram ...). However I would repurchase for non-cosmetic reasons: time saving, application ease , natural ingredients and gentle + safe to use on my kid. And it does feel a bit magical every time I put on the cream and my hair comes out squeaky clean, super soft and ready to go.

on 10/12/2017 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have fine hair that gets oily in the scalp but dry and brittle in the ends. Over the last years I have stop dying it and tried to wash it less often, but the ends have gone drier and frizzier. I have used a lot of leave-in products and oils, but I have not been really satisfied with anything for long. Instead, I have gotten used to a lot of dry shampoo in the scalp to avoid the grease and to put my hair up in a bun to hide the dry ends every other day.

I first heard of New Wash from a friend who lives in the US. When I saw that New Wash finally was able to get in Europe a couple of months ago, I decided to give it a try (it is expensive and we have to pay import tax as well). I watch the video on how to use it and read a lot of reviews, so I didn't find the first wash difficult. I could immediately feel a difference when touching a stray of hair, it was smooth all the way without the knots I was used to. I only used the New Wash and some styling spray (instead of the ordinary shampoo, conditioner, Moroccanoil, Kérastase leave-in hair ciment and styling product + hairspray) and my hair seemed a bit bouncier but yet in place. No frizz, no grease, no dry ends. Once the first month of using it, my left side got greasy, so now I pay attention to use the right amount of product.

After using my first bottle for a month it is almost gone and I have signed up for the New Wash club. I think I have finally found the right thing for my hair. It isn't dry anymore, I don't have to wash it every day (but I love the fact that I can!) and it seems to grow faster. I really recommend New Wash!

on 10/3/2017 9:38:00 AM

AFTER STICKING WITH THIS FOR 5 WEEKS IT'S NOT WORKED FOR ME. YESTERDAY WAS THE FINAL STRAW, WHEN I WASHED MY HAIR AND IT JUST LOOKED GREASY AS SOON AS IT WAS DRY.
THROUGHOUT THE MONTH I'VE FELT MY HAIR WAS JUST DULL AND IT FELT DIRTY. I'VE WATCHED THE VIDEOS, LISTENED TO WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID, TALKED TO MY HAIR DRESSER WHO IS A SELLER OF THIS AND IT'S JUST NOT WORKED. FOR THE PRICE TAG TOO I'D EXPECT MY HAIR TO BE AMAZING NOW. I'M NOT SEEING ANY LESS HAIR LOSS WHILE WASHING, IN FACT I'D SAY I'M LOSING MORE. NOT FOR ME. SHAME TOO. DONT KNOW WHAT I'LL DO WITH THE 3/4 OF BOTTLE, WASTE OF MONEY IN MY OPINION. I HAVE WAIST LENGTH, UNRULY HAIR WHICH IS COLOURED AND WAS HEALTHY. I'M NOT SURE IT STILL IS HEALTHY. IT'S A HUGE NO - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY FROM ME. I'VE TRIED TO WRITE A REVIEW ON THEIR SITE AND IT WON'T PUBLISH

I love this stuff. I have the most insipid hair in the world. It's fine, straight, and light brown that's slowly mixing with grey. It gets oily extremely quickly, and I have to wash it every day if I'm going to be seen by other human beings, and every second day if I'm not. If I get a sudden invitation to go somewhere I have to make a dash to get it washed. I ordered New Wash, not hoping for much, it didn't sound like it would work for me at all. But it leaves my hair soft and airy, yet looking like it has a bit of texture, and it feels nice. I can go two days easily, and even three, without washing and not be embarrassed by flat, greasy hair.

My husband, who also has very oily and fine hair, uses it as well, and his can go for a couple of days and still look clean and styled.

I've reordered a couple of times, and am on my way to order more. The negative of it, as others have mentioned, is that it's very expensive, and between the two of us in the house using it, it kinda uses up our beauty budget. It's also more time-consuming and fidgety, if you're in a rush just to have a shower and get out the door. But, I really, really don't want to go back to using regular shampoos.

This review is a bit overdue, but wanted to make sure I could save anyone from wasting $40. Luckily I wasted no money on this product, otherwise I would've been even more upset. It was given to me. Tried to use it for a few months. Turned my hair brassiest orange you've ever seen. Also the people who work in Hairstory were talking about their dating/sex lives openly. Weird and gross. Don't recommend this product or the salon. Negative stars, plain and simple.

on 9/2/2017 10:58:00 PM

Bottom line: if you absolutely hate the idea of washing with detergent, try this. But that's the only plus to this product.

My hair is colored, slightly wavy, and frizzy. I've tried many s/c over the years and nothing makes a difference. I decided to try this in part because one reviewer said it cured them of their seborrheic dermatitis. With the first wash, my hair came out better than normal - clean and slightly weighted down (good for me), but not greasy. With the second & subsequent washes, it came out like it does with any s/c - clean but poufy.

Yes it seems expensive but you are getting two products in one. And yes, it took 10 pumps of product on my hair, but the pump puts out very little -- it was the same sized blob of regular s/c so I did not feel like it took a lot of product to clean my hair.

I was surprised my hair felt clean with this, yet conditioned. But still, overall, it wasn't great IME. I don't hate detergents enough that I think I'd repurchase.

on 3/22/2017 11:12:00 PM

I'm a convert.
My hair is thin and wavy. It was always dry and frizzed easily. The most amazing changes are that I wake up with much less messy hair, we're talking the difference between rats nest and just a bit of wonkyness most days. This along with the fact that my hair does not get oily since the shampoo doesn't strip your scalp causing it to produce excess oils means that for the first time in my life I can pull off second day hair! I purchased the $40 dollar bottle and was in love by the end of the bottle after maybe 4 weeks. My hair is currently a short bob length. I saw good things happen from day one, but I'd say I knew for sure after a week or maybe two. It's been 4 months now that I've been using it and have found a $90 bottle at approx one pump per day lasts me about 3 months. Be careful when ordering the large quantity as I managed to join the club twice and get a bottle shipped to me a week after I repurchased one after joining the plan....oops. I'm excited to see how my hair behaves when all of the growth has been washed in new wash only as it seems that my hair is getting healthier and healthier. I apply one pump amount to the roots of my wet hair, flip my head upside down and rub into all the root areas well. Use a scalp massage brush such as this one to massage it in and comb it through the ends. https://www.amazon.com/Shampoo-Massage-Brush-Assorted-Colors/dp/B0002RPTX4?th=1 Leave it on while I get clean and rinse out while combing it again. I remember not loving the smell in the beginning but must have gotten used to it over time cause I don't notice it now...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been slowly transitioning away from soaps/cleansing products for the past year but was struggling to find a hair washing alternative that I was comfortable with. My hair is naturally blond, wavy (though either frizzy or stringy, never flattering), mid-back length and thick, though the hairs are fine and prone to dryness and breakage. I was using Davines products before hand and was relatively satisfied with the results (though not the price) however I wanted something free from detergents. I was really excited when I learned about New Wash as it seemed like the perfect alternative to shampoo so I ordered the 8oz bottle. It arrived in two days!

The product definitely takes some adjusting to but it's worth it. So if you're disappointed by the results, try and stick it out another week or so. I've been using New Wash for about two weeks and finally have the gorgeous, soft hair I was promised. It's really important to follow the directions, massage your scalp well, use A LOT of product (sadly $$$$) and rinse it out EXTREMELY thoroughly. The first few washes I was left a greasy mess even after rinsing for what seemed like forever. The box comes with some troubleshooting tips which were helpful but I think your scalp just needs some time to calibrate it's sebum production when coming off of traditional shampoos. I had a SUPER greasy patch migrating to a new place on my head after every wash (which was hilarious and frustrating). I also had a day of really bad dandruff which I've never had before. Between wash days I was forced to use excessive amounts of dry shampoo and I was nervous the New Wash wouldn't be able to remove the buildup but it did! If you have long hair like me, make sure to comb it through in the shower and apply some product to the ends (when I didn't they were very dry) and let it sit for at least 5 minutes. I also only air dry my hair so not sure how it holds up with heat styling and I don't use any other products except a bit of moroccan oil in my ends.

Overall verdict: After two weeks of washing every other day my hair is soft and voluminous and my ends and scalp are well moisturized. There is no more dandruff or greasy patches and my waves are more defined. My split ends are much less noticeable and overall my hair looks and feels healthier. I'm very pleased with the results. The scent is awesome and not overwhelming and the packaging is simple and travels well. I'm curious to see if eventually I'm able to wash my hair less frequently and will update once more time has passed.

on 12/20/2016 11:19:00 PM

I haven't washed my hair in almost 7 days and it looks as good as day one! My hair is stronger, healthier, growing faster and way less oily. The texture of my hair isn't so smooth and slippery all the time. It's thicker and easier to style. I used to have to wash my hair every 2 days and sometimes every day. Love this product. I'll be the crazy person bringing it to the hair dressers and saying "sorry you can't put shampoo in my hair you need to use this". I ordered the 8 oz bottle and it will last me approx 3 months with shoulder length hair. Ordering the autoship program now.