3.2

Shop Now

Reviews

from

5 years ago

Coming from someone with skin that has gone through tremendous amounts of facial trauma from cystic/moderate acne, hyperpigmentation from spots, topicals and poor suncare and large pores, this cream was not bad! In fact, i've been using this every night for a couple of months and nothing drastic has happened (no cysts here!) As someone with combo-oily skin, applying this under makeup or during the day isn't a good idea because it is quite hydrating and risks giving you an oil slick face. i put this on at night and in the morning, my face is balanced, looks even. maybe its just me but i have noticed my hyperpigmentation from spots clearing up on my cheeks especially, not miraculously but enough for me to carry on using it :) sometimes before applying makeup i'll use my usual day moisturiser (clean and clear dual action) on my oily areas (nose, cheeks) and use this moisturiser on my chin to avoid dry patches and my bb cream sets nicely (another thing: my skin hasn't ever really been clear enough to use bb creams until i started using this! i don't even feel the need to apply as much anymore which is nice) my skin is quite sensitive so i was worried about the smell irritating, smells perfumed/rosy but my skin and nose can cope with it :) i was also worried about it causing break outs and clogging pores...i can't comment on whether this has caused any spots because i have the usual teenage mild acne here and there, no matter what products i use (thanks, genes!) but this hasn't manifested any of those monstrous lumps that i've had in the past. i used to use the clean and clear moisturiser day and night when all of a sudden my skin couldn't cope with the everchanging dryness/oiliness and imbalances, and the vit E moisturiser came free with stuff my mum had bought so i tried it on a whim and don't regret it :) how i use it: once a day, i apply it on slightly damp (not dripping wet) face. skin feels soft and its exactly what i wake up to, so i look forward to applying it at the end of a long day when your skin needs a boost. i also started using this as it got colder to hydrate my skin after it becomes stiff in the cold! the jar packaging could be improved because coming from someone who used to have bad skin, i feel awful dipping my fingers into it!

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

5 years ago

Absolutely hate this moisturiser and currently in agony trying to finish it. Personally, I found it feels relatively heavy and greasy on the skin. Also, I noticed that if you didn't blend it out thoroughly, my face would look purple. Terrible product, do not recommend whatsoever.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

5 years ago

As always, I hate jar packaging and I don't understand why company still use this kind of packaging. With that said, this is an ok product that I will not repurchase. It was hydrating and not clogging for my sensitive skin, but the smell is really in-your-face and kind of like a doctor smell lol, really not my cup of tea.

About reviewer (534 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I've only used this for like 2 weeks now, but I thought I would share my thoughts. It started off well, it's a nice moisturiser that doesnt feel tacky, smells nice and leaves the skin feeling babysoft! BUT - already after a few days I started to notice small bumps on both sides of my cheeks, sure I get pimples all the time but not like these, they are soo small and so many it makes my skin feel very uneven. I am not 100 % sure that this product is the only reason to the bumps, but after reading a few other reviews of this product stating the same thing I really think you should stay away from this, especially if you already have sensitive skin and is prone to acne. I looked up the exact ingredients in this, and it turns out it has a lot of different parabens and other things that can irritate and block the pores. Too bad, I really like the body shop - but not this!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

It is a good basic moisturiser for girls although it may feel a little dry afternoon.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium Brown

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

5 years ago

Definitely my holy grail moisturizer! It's very hydrating and absorbs well- never gets greasy. I can start applying makeup less than 5 minutes after use. The hydration lasts all day and prevents dryness. Doesn't clog my pores, either. It soothes irritation and has a nice texture. However, it has a slight fragrance, which may be a problem if you are very sensitive to fragrance. A little bit can go quite a long way, and it is quite lightweight. The packaging is a small jar with a screw top lid. I would prefer a pump or a squeeze bottle because it's easier to measure out product without having to keep sticking my fingers in. I have oily skin with moderate acne, and this moisturizer has actually helped. I have seen a major difference in my hyperpigmentation since starting this, which is probably because of the Vitamin E. Again, this does not clog my pores. As far as the price goes, the regular jar is quite expensive. 1.7 ounces for $17 is quite steep. However, the travel size jars are much cheaper and cost efficient, at $4 for 0.5 oz. The travel size jars are actually $8 per ounce, as opposed to the larger jars which are $10 per ounce. Still a fairly moderate price, but it saves you a ton of money in the long run. Overall this is an excellent moisturizer. I would definitely recommend.

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrown

5 years ago

I have oily/combination skin so I was bit apprehensive about using this, especially as The Body Shop website describes this as a cream designed to hydrate the skin which isn't a particular concern of mine. However, as I sometimes suffer with dry skin on my cheeks throughout the year, I thought it would still be worth a shot... This started out well, even though I wasn't overly fond of the scent (it has a very strong floral aroma). However, it did seem to do a pretty good job of hydrating my skin and at first didn't make me break out or cause any irritation. Unfortunately though after about a week of using this my skin started to look and feel really dull and I started to get breakouts on my forehead and cheeks, two places I don't usually get them. I also found that the skin around my mouth started to feel sore and itchy which is something I've never experienced before, so could only attribute to this cream. I used this alongside the night cream and serum from the same range and have since used both of those with other face products to see what could be causing the skin issues I've been experiencing. Sadly it does seem to be this cream, so I've now stopped using it (although I've also stopped using the night cream too as that was way too rich for my skin). I'm certain this would be great for someone who has really dry skin, but personally I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with combination or oily skin as I think it would be too hydrating. Having looked at the ingredients list (something I now realise I should have done before using it) it also has lanolin in it which 98% of the time I react to, especially if it's applied to my face. My other concern is how many parabens and fragrance ingredients this has - Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben and Propylparaben (all of which are billed as preservatives), plus seven different fragrance ingredients. This is shockingly bad for a brand that seems to take great pride in the natural ingredients they put into their products and has put me off this range completely now.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I have oily combination skin and in Singapore, the weather is really humid which results in me having an oily face really easily. I've been using this product for almost a month and a little bit goes a long way. I use it at night and morning too before I head out. This product smells like normal baby lotion. However, it does not make me oily at all! The product is absorbed by my skin really nicely and quickly. I usually rub it gently into my skin, then pat it a few times to ensure that the product is fully absorbed. No, the product doesn't leave me a greasy feeling at all! It somehow helps control oil too as whenever I use it, I'll only get oily 5-6 hours later(or may be after 7 hours). The only downside of it is it's price. SGD$30 plus for a 50ml tube is not worth it in my opinion...... I wish it came in a press tube instead! :(

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I think this is a really good moisturiser it leaves my skin hydrated and makes me feel really refreshed. A little goes a long way I use it at least once a day if not twice I'm on my second pot now my first pot lasted from Christmas to the day before my birthday which was the 31 June. I always buy them in the 40% sale so they are only 6 pounds because I think that 10 pounds is a bit pricey for the amount of product you get.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0
from

6 years ago

Brought the Body Shop Vitamin E sample bag which contain Moisture Cream, Nourishing Night Cream, Toner & facial cleanser plus the bag. This product smells good, has a gel like appearance but creamy texture. Lasting power is not long at all, it's been six hours now and I can see my dry areas becoming more noticeable now. It does provide moisture but not enough for my needs so I feel that this product might be more beneficial to someone with normal skin instead of extreme dryness. Warning to those with sensitive skin, test this product first.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm