3.2

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

4 years ago

I have really dry skin, especially in the winter. I got a little tester of this for Christmas, and I've only used it a couple of times, but I think that's good enough to write a review. The cream isn't too thick, but it is strongly scented. This cream doesn't give my skin nearly enough moisture. I always have to apply it at least twice, and I find I have to use a lot of product to completely cover my face. It would probably be okay in the summer, but I don't think it would be great. I don't think I'll even finish the tester.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I bought this in a moment of weakness when my usually oily skin was ultra-dry from Retin-A. "Vitamin E" sounded so rich and soothing and nourishing, and a quick Google search showed me good reviews. I bought it on impulse, which usually doesn't work out well for me. This time was no exception. This is a thick cream. It will leave a greasy residue. At the time, I didn't care because my skin was so dry I was willing to put up with a little grease. But the grease travels. The cream I applied to my cheeks and nose traveled all the way up into my eyes, a transportational feat I've never witnessed in a cream before. (And in case you're wondering, this doesn't feel good on your retinas.) It is also VERY strongly scented. I normally don't mind that, but this is different. It's like old, rotting roses mixed with extra-strength baby powder, dust, and a chemical type of scent (air freshener?). A little bit vile. I powered through despite the grease and the smell, because if it fixed my dry skin, it would all be worth it, right? Cue the skin reactions, which were plentiful and just varied enough to keep me from getting bored. I mean, why pick from giant closed blackheads, weird itchy welts, and an overall flushed, red complexion when you can have ALL OF THEM? This all happened within a matter of days. I ended up using this up as a shaving cream for my legs because I was THAT anxious to get rid of the damn stuff.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

4 years ago

I have been use this product for one year and the result is not that bad. Totally love it and it's only cost around RM 65 here. I will buy this product again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

4 years ago

This is such a great moisturizer! So simple and yet so effective! Leaves your skin feeling really nourished but not heavy - pampered and comforted. Especially great for colder weather as it really keeps the skin moisturized.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is the worst skin product I have used in my entire life. I would rather live the rest of my life without moisturizer than put this on my skin again. Everyone who stated that it gives you a severe red, calloused rash, with tiny bumps under the skin on the jawline, neck, eyelids, and upper lip, experienced this. It takes about 3 days to start popping up. When I initially saw the dry, flakiness, I began to apply MORE of this poison, not knowing it was the culprit. As soon as I realized it was, in fact, this moisturizer, it found its way into the nearest garbage can. When my boyfriend saw me for the first time after a week of use, he nearly insisted on me going to the ER for fear of anaphylaxis. It took my skin 4 weeks to fully recover from this. Do not walk, run from this product.

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0
from

4 years ago

I usually like most of the body shop products but this one quite didn't work! The first two nights gave amazing results..my skin felt really soft and hydrated in the morning. However, after a couple of nights it gave me tiny red bumps on my face...almost like an allergic reaction. I love the texture of this cream but somehow it's too thick on my skin and it doesn't sink in even though I take a really tiny amount of this product. I'll probably end up using this as a hand cream or something. Really disappointed with this one!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

EyesGray

4 years ago

it's really good. It makes my skin look brighter and also gives humidity.

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I started using this product a few days ago. I have had pretty normal and clear skin even throughout my teens! However, this product has given me a really RED ITCHY rash along the jawline as well as a lot of under the skin spots on my forehead cheeks etc . Usually the Body-Shop is amazing but I will never purchase this cream again!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Dark

HairBlack

5 years ago

Makes my dry skin feel so soft and supple. I love it as a body / hand cream. Smells very similar to J&J's baby powder, but I enjoy the scent. I have never used this use on my face, so I can't comment on that. It is slightly greasy, but its just perfect for dry hands in the winter months. It is slightly overpriced, so I try to wait for a sale and then stock up.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

My confused very sensitive, dry and sometimes spot prone skin seemed to like this cream at first - it did sting a little the first time i used it, but that often happens and usually when it does, i wake up next day with dry flaky patches, but my skin felt quite soft and i kept on using it - twice a day. Mistake! After about a week little bumps started appearing in my skin between my nose and top lip - sore but deep in the skin (the kind that don't come to a head until weeks later), I didn't twig it was the moisturiser and still kept on using it. Now my chin and the area at the side of my mouth has these spots too - badly congested pores. What a mess! I now have bumpy, spotty scarred skin (scarred because I'm a picker). Thanks Body Shop! Having said that, it seems to work nicely on the dry non porous skin on my elbows and knees - but so does Vaseline.

Age36-43