The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E moisture cream #1The Body Shop Vitamin E moisture cream #2The Body Shop Vitamin E moisture cream #3The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture CreamThe Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Isopropyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sorbitol (Humectant), Lanolin (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetyl Esters (Emollient), Steareth-2 (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Ceresin (Stabiliser), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Steareth-20 (Emulsifier), Carbomer (Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 14700 (Colour).

Another one that just didn't work for me. I didn't care for the smell and it just didn't hydrate enough for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Really wanted to like this because I bought it for roughly $50NZD but after I cleansed (with Lush's Angels on Bare Skin) and toned and applied it, it burned and really stinged my nose/mouth area which is, for me, where I am my most sensitive. In my cheeks and forehead area I could feel the heat of my skin and it stung slightly. Also, in comparison to my usual moisturiser (Cetaphil) it didn't hydrate as much in dryer parts of my face. It's also heavily fragranced with what I think is rose? Either way maybe if you're sensitive, have dry patches or just dry skin in general, sensitive to fragrance, and not willing to fork out the cash for this product: avoid it. That was about six months ago, and now with a new skincare routine (I cleanse with Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Gel Wash and tone with Klairs Supple Preparation Toner), I tried it again and while it didn't burn, I could feel my skin heating up slightly and it tingled. Still wasn't really that hydrating so back to Cetaphil I guess?

on 5/11/2017 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Mediocre cream. Very nicely lightly scented - a bit like rose but subtle. I see others have an issue which is why I wanted to offer a different perspective.

This is a gel like cream in texture and while I didn't hate it I didn't love it either. I thought it was mediocre in terms of how hydrating it is.

Perhaps this might be perfect for someone w/normal to oily skin but for those w/dry, dehydrated skin you're going to want something different.

Great price when TBS offers their special.

on 1/12/2017 7:49:00 AM

This made my skin feel like it was burning and left redness all over. I'm not overly sensitive. Was disappointed.

on 5/11/2017 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've used this for about 15 years - I can't do without it. Occasionally, thinking I must shake up my beauty routine, I try other moisturisers but a lot of others bring me out in spots so I always gravitate back to this. Sinks in well and plumps the skin all day. Not too heavy for my oily skin. The night cream version is way too heavy for me though.

on 6/13/2017 9:04:00 PM

I suspect there is no high grade vitamin E in this cream.

This product is almost identical to johnson's baby lotion. Only johnson's baby lotion is cheaper and contains a lot more product.

on 6/17/2016 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this cream for awhile now and.. Honestly, it's okay. It takes awhile for it to sink in and the smell can be overbearing. The cream does its job but there are moments when it can sting a sore spot (ex. area where you blow your nose :/)

.Luckily, I bought it on a special sale day for only 5 bucks! So I can't really complain much.

I bought this on a whim, it was on sale so i thought why not try it out since i was running out of my daily moisturizer. Boy oh boy i wish i checked the ingredients first. Or if only i didnt have to peel off the stickers on the bottom of the jar to actually see the ingredients. But i did, after purchasing it and it has parabens, at least 2 or 3 types if i remembered well. And i ALWAYS try to stray away as much as i can from those :(.
Well i tried it anyways. Pretty standard to me, doesnt wow me at all. No immediate reaction (allergy wise) thank God. Usually if my skin doesnt like it, it will itch right away. This time it didnt. Dont like the scent at all. It was just too much (for me).
For me whenever i use products containing parabens usually he effect comes after a while, my skin gets oilier which can cause breakouts. So im not sure i would want to use this up. And i wouldnt recommend to anyone.
I dont usually like jars but at least this one had another lid inside so it doesnt get too messy. But thats just about it for me. Wont repurchase.

on 6/30/2016 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I normally buy the tbs soothing aloe cream but the store close to my house had run out of it and I was out of moisturizer. Big mistake for purchasing this. I used it at night before going to bed. Woke up with my eyes stinging. It has a super strong fragrance, and after looking at the ingredients.....a gazillion parabens. Does the product really require that many preservatives?
Taking it back.

on 1/2/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product. This product first appealed to me because it seemed natural and I loved the idea that it was cruelty free. HOWEVER during the night after the first application I kept waking up because my face was itchy. The next morning I woke up and my whole face was puffy and itchy. I had obviously had an allergic reaction to the product which has never happened before since I don't have sensitive skin. I would not recommend the product to anyone of any skin type.