The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E moisture cream #1The Body Shop Vitamin E moisture cream #2The Body Shop Vitamin E moisture cream #3The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture CreamThe Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Isopropyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sorbitol (Humectant), Lanolin (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetyl Esters (Emollient), Steareth-2 (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Ceresin (Stabiliser), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Steareth-20 (Emulsifier), Carbomer (Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 14700 (Colour).

on 1/12/2017 7:49:00 AM

This made my skin feel like it was burning and left redness all over. I'm not overly sensitive. Was disappointed.

I bought this on a whim, it was on sale so i thought why not try it out since i was running out of my daily moisturizer. Boy oh boy i wish i checked the ingredients first. Or if only i didnt have to peel off the stickers on the bottom of the jar to actually see the ingredients. But i did, after purchasing it and it has parabens, at least 2 or 3 types if i remembered well. And i ALWAYS try to stray away as much as i can from those :(.
Well i tried it anyways. Pretty standard to me, doesnt wow me at all. No immediate reaction (allergy wise) thank God. Usually if my skin doesnt like it, it will itch right away. This time it didnt. Dont like the scent at all. It was just too much (for me).
For me whenever i use products containing parabens usually he effect comes after a while, my skin gets oilier which can cause breakouts. So im not sure i would want to use this up. And i wouldnt recommend to anyone.
I dont usually like jars but at least this one had another lid inside so it doesnt get too messy. But thats just about it for me. Wont repurchase.

on 1/2/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product. This product first appealed to me because it seemed natural and I loved the idea that it was cruelty free. HOWEVER during the night after the first application I kept waking up because my face was itchy. The next morning I woke up and my whole face was puffy and itchy. I had obviously had an allergic reaction to the product which has never happened before since I don't have sensitive skin. I would not recommend the product to anyone of any skin type.

on 6/30/2016 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I normally buy the tbs soothing aloe cream but the store close to my house had run out of it and I was out of moisturizer. Big mistake for purchasing this. I used it at night before going to bed. Woke up with my eyes stinging. It has a super strong fragrance, and after looking at the ingredients.....a gazillion parabens. Does the product really require that many preservatives?
Taking it back.

on 6/17/2016 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this cream for awhile now and.. Honestly, it's okay. It takes awhile for it to sink in and the smell can be overbearing. The cream does its job but there are moments when it can sting a sore spot (ex. area where you blow your nose :/)

.Luckily, I bought it on a special sale day for only 5 bucks! So I can't really complain much.

on 3/17/2016 2:07:00 PM

The moisturizer is think and creamy, almost gel like. I loved it since it meant a little went a long way and I thought it would provide a lot of moisture. While a little did go a long way, I felt like this product never really sunk into my sink. Instead it just sat there, in fact if I didn't wear makeup the entire day I would still be able to feel the product "wash" off when I went to shower (at the end of the day).

on 2/25/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have really dry skin, especially in the winter. I got a little tester of this for Christmas, and I've only used it a couple of times, but I think that's good enough to write a review. The cream isn't too thick, but it is strongly scented. This cream doesn't give my skin nearly enough moisture. I always have to apply it at least twice, and I find I have to use a lot of product to completely cover my face.

It would probably be okay in the summer, but I don't think it would be great. I don't think I'll even finish the tester.

I bought this in a moment of weakness when my usually oily skin was ultra-dry from Retin-A. "Vitamin E" sounded so rich and soothing and nourishing, and a quick Google search showed me good reviews. I bought it on impulse, which usually doesn't work out well for me. This time was no exception.

This is a thick cream. It will leave a greasy residue. At the time, I didn't care because my skin was so dry I was willing to put up with a little grease. But the grease travels. The cream I applied to my cheeks and nose traveled all the way up into my eyes, a transportational feat I've never witnessed in a cream before. (And in case you're wondering, this doesn't feel good on your retinas.)

It is also VERY strongly scented. I normally don't mind that, but this is different. It's like old, rotting roses mixed with extra-strength baby powder, dust, and a chemical type of scent (air freshener?). A little bit vile.

I powered through despite the grease and the smell, because if it fixed my dry skin, it would all be worth it, right?

Cue the skin reactions, which were plentiful and just varied enough to keep me from getting bored. I mean, why pick from giant closed blackheads, weird itchy welts, and an overall flushed, red complexion when you can have ALL OF THEM? This all happened within a matter of days.

I ended up using this up as a shaving cream for my legs because I was THAT anxious to get rid of the damn stuff.

on 11/15/2015 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been use this product for one year and the result is not that bad. Totally love it and it's only cost around RM 65 here. I will buy this product again.

on 11/15/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such a great moisturizer!
So simple and yet so effective!
Leaves your skin feeling really nourished but not heavy - pampered and comforted.
Especially great for colder weather as it really keeps the skin moisturized.