The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Isopropyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sorbitol (Humectant), Lanolin (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetyl Esters (Emollient), Steareth-2 (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Ceresin (Stabiliser), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Steareth-20 (Emulsifier), Carbomer (Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 14700 (Colour).

on 6/30/2016 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I normally buy the tbs soothing aloe cream but the store close to my house had run out of it and I was out of moisturizer. Big mistake for purchasing this. I used it at night before going to bed. Woke up with my eyes stinging. It has a super strong fragrance, and after looking at the ingredients.....a gazillion parabens. Does the product really require that many preservatives?
Taking it back.

on 6/17/2016 4:44:00 AM

I've been using this cream for awhile now and.. Honestly, it's okay. It takes awhile for it to sink in and the smell can be overbearing. The cream does its job but there are moments when it can sting a sore spot (ex. area where you blow your nose :/)

.Luckily, I bought it on a special sale day for only 5 bucks! So I can't really complain much.

To Read all 227 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/17/2016 2:07:00 PM

The moisturizer is think and creamy, almost gel like. I loved it since it meant a little went a long way and I thought it would provide a lot of moisture. While a little did go a long way, I felt like this product never really sunk into my sink. Instead it just sat there, in fact if I didn't wear makeup the entire day I would still be able to feel the product "wash" off when I went to shower (at the end of the day).

on 2/25/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have really dry skin, especially in the winter. I got a little tester of this for Christmas, and I've only used it a couple of times, but I think that's good enough to write a review. The cream isn't too thick, but it is strongly scented. This cream doesn't give my skin nearly enough moisture. I always have to apply it at least twice, and I find I have to use a lot of product to completely cover my face.

It would probably be okay in the summer, but I don't think it would be great. I don't think I'll even finish the tester.

I bought this in a moment of weakness when my usually oily skin was ultra-dry from Retin-A. "Vitamin E" sounded so rich and soothing and nourishing, and a quick Google search showed me good reviews. I bought it on impulse, which usually doesn't work out well for me. This time was no exception.

This is a thick cream. It will leave a greasy residue. At the time, I didn't care because my skin was so dry I was willing to put up with a little grease. But the grease travels. The cream I applied to my cheeks and nose traveled all the way up into my eyes, a transportational feat I've never witnessed in a cream before. (And in case you're wondering, this doesn't feel good on your retinas.)

It is also VERY strongly scented. I normally don't mind that, but this is different. It's like old, rotting roses mixed with extra-strength baby powder, dust, and a chemical type of scent (air freshener?). A little bit vile.

I powered through despite the grease and the smell, because if it fixed my dry skin, it would all be worth it, right?

Cue the skin reactions, which were plentiful and just varied enough to keep me from getting bored. I mean, why pick from giant closed blackheads, weird itchy welts, and an overall flushed, red complexion when you can have ALL OF THEM? This all happened within a matter of days.

I ended up using this up as a shaving cream for my legs because I was THAT anxious to get rid of the damn stuff.

on 11/15/2015 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been use this product for one year and the result is not that bad. Totally love it and it's only cost around RM 65 here. I will buy this product again.

on 11/15/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such a great moisturizer!
So simple and yet so effective!
Leaves your skin feeling really nourished but not heavy - pampered and comforted.
Especially great for colder weather as it really keeps the skin moisturized.

This is the worst skin product I have used in my entire life. I would rather live the rest of my life without moisturizer than put this on my skin again. Everyone who stated that it gives you a severe red, calloused rash, with tiny bumps under the skin on the jawline, neck, eyelids, and upper lip, experienced this. It takes about 3 days to start popping up. When I initially saw the dry, flakiness, I began to apply MORE of this poison, not knowing it was the culprit. As soon as I realized it was, in fact, this moisturizer, it found its way into the nearest garbage can. When my boyfriend saw me for the first time after a week of use, he nearly insisted on me going to the ER for fear of anaphylaxis. It took my skin 4 weeks to fully recover from this. Do not walk, run from this product.

on 9/29/2015 2:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I usually like most of the body shop products but this one quite didn't work! The first two nights gave amazing results..my skin felt really soft and hydrated in the morning. However, after a couple of nights it gave me tiny red bumps on my face...almost like an allergic reaction. I love the texture of this cream but somehow it's too thick on my skin and it doesn't sink in even though I take a really tiny amount of this product. I'll probably end up using this as a hand cream or something.

Really disappointed with this one!

on 9/3/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

it's really good. It makes my skin look brighter and also gives humidity.