Nexxus Diametress Shampoo

3.7

on 8/15/2016 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A bit pricey but well worth it! I have greasy hair and this gets it super clean without overdrying like the matrix volumizing does. I use it every other day and then apply the same brand conditioner on the lower half of my hair only. Everyone likes my hair!

on 4/2/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this shampoo! It acts like a clarifier and provides great volume. I use it about once a week because it can be drying. It's been around for decades lol, but it does what it claims!

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/12/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This shampoo does what it claims. It adds volume and makes hair appear thicker. For those of you with drier hair like myself, however, it can be slightly drying due to the alcohols volume shampoos contain in order to provide hair with volume. The shampoo does not claim to be moisturizing, so I am not bashing it for that, but there are volumizing shampoos out there that do not strip as much moisture as the Nexxus one does. I preferred the John Frieda and Ojon volume shampoos over this one, personally. On the positives however, this shampoo did add noticeable volume and didn't strip my hair color.

on 12/13/2013 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Unfortunately for me, this shampoo didn't do much volumizing but it did dry out my hair and make it frizzy and tangled. Too bad, because you can get it for a steal at Costco and it smells good. For reference, I have long, fine, slightly wavy hair that's not color-treated.

on 9/7/2013 11:54:00 AM

I've used this shampoo for weeks, and I think it's a good choice for fine hair. My hair is long, fine, wavy, and on the oily and/or frizzy side with the wrong products. Diametress leaves me with clean, soft, bouncy hair that doesn't look heavy and gunky the day after a wash.

The formula and feel of this shampoo is a bit different. It looks similar to honey, clear and golden, and when it dispenses into the hand, it kind of adheres to itself (like mercury). The smell is fine and is neither here nor there for me. The lather is the only thing I feel could be improved–it doesn't suds as much as other shampoos, and I have to take extra care to work it into my roots to make sure my scalp and all my hair is cleaned thoroughly. It rinses cleanly and doesn't strip my hair or coat it, and when followed by Biolage Detangling, my hair is voluminous all day, which is saying something because my hair is ridiculously thin (the circumference of my ponytails at the band are probably close to that of a quarter, or smaller).

I used to avoid bodifying shampoos because I thought they would just exacerbate the natural frizz of my hair, but surprisingly, this product hasn't done that. In fact, it leaves my hair quite a bit smoother than other shampoos I've used. I don't have color-treated hair, so I can't speak to how well this product preserves color (or doesn't). For me, this shampoo is good enough to be used every day, and I know I'll finish the bottle and consider buying it again.

on 12/17/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best shampoo for my fine stick straight hair. I use with the matching conditioner. I wash and condition my hair daily and this combo does the trick. My hair feels and appears fuller and has more body.

I liked it. I do use it with the matching conditioner. With age my hair has become a bit thin and when I use the two together I feel like my hair looks normal again. It didn't make my hair feel crazy thick or anything-just more full and more body.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

First off, my hair is already pretty thick and healthy. I've never had problems with dry, thin, or damaged hair because my hair has never been color treated and I don't use heat very often. Typically, I would just pick up a random drugstore shampoo and conditioner, but I was curious, so I bought this shampoo and it's conditioner.

Let me just say that this shampoo improved my hair. I have never felt any difference in my hair when I used other shampoos, but the Diametress shampoo made my hair feel silkier and smoother. I can't really say anything about thickening since my hair is already quite thick (It's asian, so I have individually thick strands), but I am impressed, because I have used many shampoos and none of them have done any noticeable improvement.

on 1/11/2012 4:56:00 PM

Didn't do anything to my hair. Not worth the money. Also was very drying, from the first time.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

For someone with straight, fine hair, who is OBSESSED with gaining some volume, at any price, you can trust me - this shampoo is worth a try! I use it all the time now, for about a year. I've switched up once or twice for a day or two, to try samples I've received, but always go back to Diametress. It gives me good volume without stripping my hair, and I use it with a little bit of light conditioner (color assure by Nexxus) and that seems to be a combo that works for me. I have bangs and sometimes they get greasy looking toward the end of the day, but a little dry shampoo perks them up.

I've tried Fekkai, Blandi, Phyto, Rene Futerer, all the pricey volume shampoos, and I can honestly say this $17 product has worked better for me.