Sally Hansen Leg makeup

Sally Hansen Leg makeup
Leg makeup

3.6

on 5/3/2018 4:47:00 PM

I love this stuff! ( I like the spray better) It goes on so even and makes my skin look flawless! I actually like the light shimmer. It’s pretty without being stripperish. I recommend putting lotion on first and letting dry well before applying this stuff.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The spray was too drying for me. The lotion works better because I mix body lotion into the make up. It takes longer to dry but looks better on my dry skin. I use the light version and it gives my fair skin a good "tan" color and covers some of my spider veins. I can keep a decent amount of color on day 2 if I don't scrub my legs - that's a plus. Once this dries, it isn't entirely sweat proof but pretty close. I get better results with this than I have with any self tanner. Self tanner seems to be so much work for such minimal results on my dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this product but I have lily white skin and any product that covers up some spider veins and allows me to wear skirts without having to wear icky icky pantyhose is A-OK in my book. I bought this in the spray can in the lightest shade. I sprayed my legs in the shower to avoid a mess. Rub this stuff in and you get some nice coverage with a nice glow. Sure beats the holy heck out of wearing pantyhose. I waited a few minutes before dressing and I was good to go.

This product didn't smudge off until I took a shower that night and washed it off with soap and water. I think the product was in the $8.00 to $12.00 range at Rite Aid. It's sort of pricey so if I were planning to use this a lot I would stock up when Sally Hansen goes on sale at the drugstores.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate this. It is unbelievably thick and hard to blend. It rubs off on everything. It even rubbed off because of the shoes I was wearing and I was left with white marks on my ankles, it looked ridiculous. It is SO orange. I got the shade medium, so maybe light is better I dont know. But I felt like a giant cheeto every time I wore this - not a good look. There are so much better and nicer fake tans out there for cheaper like St Moriz or Cocoa Brown. I will never repurchase this.

on 5/8/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tried this for the first time before going to a baseball game. I didn't have a chance to use self tanner and it is definitely shorts weather. I am soooo fair.. Translucent skin that shows all veins, susceptible to redness, will not tan. I have the Light shade. Put it on and rubbed it into my leg... Looked orange.. Kept blending.. Looked amazing!!! Blends effortlessly and dries quickly. Wore this on my legs from top to toes and you wouldn't know! I also used it on my arms and chest. It was 87 degrees and I sweat all night... Didn't budge! I have never felt proud of the way my legs looked until this product. Thank you Sally Hansen.

on 4/16/2015 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This product didn't cover or hide anything; not even the smallest spider vein .It seems that so called cover ups are either too watery or too thick. This one had the consistency of a very thin and poorly pigmented liquid make up for the face. I guess I will keep on looking

on 9/30/2014 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pro: gives a nice natural looking color on my legs. Sometimes I thought I had on panty hose. Cons: makes my legs feel dry and quite messy when I spray into my hands.

on 9/20/2014 1:16:00 PM

My review is for the Light lotion version of this product, as I have not yet tried the spray (but have no immediate plans to do so). I have light/medium skin and saw reviews on some of my favorite YouTubers channels prior to formal events that led me to try this product. I really like the results I get with this product on freshly moisturized (especially effective with a rich cocoa butter) skin to even my skin tone and create a warm glow for evening wear. I have worn for daytime wear, but--living in Savannah--find it's not immune to some rub off in sweat-inducing weather. However, second day wear post-shower (no aggressive scrubbing) still gives a nice glow. It does have a more yellow undertone, but find it wears well with my coloring. (I'm sure it's not for everyone, as no self-tanner is.) For event wear or temporary (1-2 days) color, this is my go-to product, but I stick with the Light tone as I find more natural results on my light skin versus trying to build a rich dark color.

on 8/1/2014 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, where do I start - I have gone through several cans of the old spray version in medium. I liked the slight shimmer, it helped to cut the "makeup" look. I thought the tube version would be great, because I sprayed the other in my hand to apply anyhow. This stuff is pricey at $15! Anyhow, thetube version is awful. It is TOO THICK and no matter how little you use, you will look like an oompa loompa. The color is way off, so orange. I tried to thin it down by adding a few drops of lotion in my hand, but that makes it worse, The orange finds a way to stick to your legs in blotches. The only thing that unfortunately works about this crap is that it won't come off.

on 4/25/2014 11:10:00 AM

This review is for both the spray version and the tube version.

I use the spray in "Light" to even out my skin tone after I have been using self tanner. It is runny and watery, so I spray it into my hand and apply it quickly. I blend and blend until it is dry. Kind of a pain, but it does make my legs look better when I am dressing up.

I bought the new lotion/tube version in a travel size, specifically for an upcoming trip. It was only available in Medium, unfortunately. While it is easier to apply, it is also ORANGE. If I tried it over self-tanned legs, I think it would look even more unnatural.

I will keep working with the Medium because I discovered I have a full-size tube, too! (It was in an Allure Beauty Box, and I already got my money's worth out of that, so I could just scrap it, but that's a waste.) Even with the orange cast, it makes my legs look better than usual. Maybe I can cut it with moisturizer?

UPDATE: I tried to use the Medium lotion to fix sandal lines on the tops of my feet. ACK! So orange, and so far from a normal tan that I'm giving up on the lotion. I just cut my rating on this product to 3. The spray is a pain to use and the lotion color is just wrong.