Colgate Optic White

Colgate Optic White

3.4

on 3/25/2017 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I buy this stuff over and over and over again. Colgate in general (even the basic cavity protection toothpaste) has kept my teeth sooooo white. People ask me if I bleach a lot and no I never have, but I only consistently use this brand. If I ever stray away my whiteness goes down some shades so now I'm at the point where I will never use anything besides this brand.

on 3/25/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this toothpaste. I have used the Crest whitening version as well, but prefer Optic White as I have gotten better whitening results with this one. As an added bonus it is also a bit less expensive then the Crest version.

After just a couple of uses I there was a noticeable difference in the whiteness of my teeth so the product works for me. It not only whitens my teeth but leaves them feeling clean and my mouth feeling fresh.

This is an actual paste so it clings to the toothbrush better than lets say a gel. It has a minty taste and smell and is slightly tangy. I noticed that several people mentioned that their teeth became sensitive after using this toothpaste for awhile. I have had no problem with that at all.

There is nothing unique about the packaging. It is a standard toothpaste tube. It has worked forever and continues to work.

I paid about $3.86 for a standard size tube. (Don't remember the ounces.). That is a very reasonable price for a whitening toothpaste. I like this and have and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I buy one of the Platinum versions of Optic White, which are less abrasive than many other toothpastes (including non-whitening varieties). You can google toothpaste abrasiveness ratings if you're really curious...there are lots of credible sources offering this information. Anyway, I notice a difference in my teeth within 1-2 days of using the Optic White line, usually by the 3rd brushing. It definitely makes my teeth look whiter and gets rid of any surface stains that made my teeth look dull and dingy throughout the day. My baseline color is very white already, however, due to ongoing whitening with professional products. Using Optic White just lets the whiteness of my teeth show, if that makes sense, because it gets rid of normal daily "wear and tear" better than other toothpastes. It really makes my teeth pop and look like that ultra-white movie star smile. Without it, my teeth can look very blah. I tend to only use this in the AM and if needed during the day though, because I have to use a prescription toothpaste at night (for a medical reason, not related to my whitening regimen). I took off one lippy because the flavor is pretty ho-hum. I've repurchased several times, and will do so in the future.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Used this for 3 days straight & my teeth became so sensitive that my head was literally pounding & eating became a problem for me. I immediately knew this was the culprit because I had just ran out of this other Colgate one that I had previously been using with no ill side affects other than VERY MILD tooth soreness. I have now switched to the Jason Healthy Mouth Toothpaste in the Tea Tree Oil & Cinnamon flavor which is Flouride & SLS free. Some say flouride is essential to gum & teeth health but every time I have used one with flouride my mouth gets so sensitive! Jason is definitely my go-to for toothpaste now. I've never cared for the "natural" side of flouride free toothpaste but it seems to be the only kind that is without the ingredient I seem to be sensitive too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

THIS IS IN THE RED TUBE! A lot of people mistake the Crest 3D for it (which is in a blue/white tube).

It is really hard for me to justify paying extra for a toothpaste. But then again, I have had professional whitening done in the past along with splurging on $$$ toothpaste from Sephora. I just wish this did something for my enamel the way Sensodyne does. In fact, the whitening active ingredient in this (Crest Optic White) can make teeth more sensitive. But it gets the job done. My teeth are very white.

The biggest pro about this toothpaste is it leaves my mouth feeling SUPER clean. I have not found a stronger mint flavor out there. Sometimes it makes my eyes water but it's totally worth it for the fresh feeling I go to bed/wake up with.

I have tried the Crest 3D (blue/white tube) and honestly the Optic White outperforms it in my opinion. 3D did not make my teeth feel as clean.

I am trying to incorporate Sensodyne into my routine so I *might* switch to that long term but it's not nearly as refreshing. Maybe I will use the Crest Optic White and just follow with the Sensodyne mouthwash version.

on 10/26/2016 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nicee pruduct

Well I have got old teeth so I do not expect miracles, but it takes stains off and after using it I at least think I can face the world without thinking should I smile. It is strong and if you have sensitive gums or anything like that it may not be for you. I noticed how strong it was at first than I got used to it. My teeth do look whiter and better for using it, but it has to be twice daily and also I put it on dry at first and than use water. It works better for me that way. Your mouth feels like it has had a good cleansing work out as well.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. Good flavor, my teeth always look and feel super clean and I think it has done an absolutely bang up job whitening my smile. As an on again off again smoker (yeah- dude I *know*) I like a toothpaste that will knock off the dumb stains I dumbly put on them. This really does the job. I follow up with the optic white mouthwash- which in all fairness does taste really hydrogen peroxide-y but over all this us system I will definitely keep using.

on 4/12/2016 8:04:00 AM

I'm pretty lucky my teeth aren't all that stained. When I first bought this I brushed twice a day and really scrubbed for a good few minutes each time. I noticed some teeth whitening. I didn't notice much whitening on my husbands teeth, but he was only brushing mornings. When the appeal of new toothpaste wore off and I went back to brushing mornings only, my teeth no longer whitened and went back to their regular off white/ slightly stained shade.

Anyway-- over time this has given me tooth sensitivity which I have never had before. It's one tooth in particular so I now have to make a dentist appt to find out why, but in the meantime- I know it's directly related to the toothpaste bc when I switch out and use ANY other toothpaste there isn't sensitivity at all. My poor husband does struggle with on/off sensitivity and csnt use this toothpaste at all-- he gave up entirely at least a month ago. I got these on sale so I have 2 more tubes to get through-- ugh.

I won't repurchase.

on 8/27/2015 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Colgate Optic White really works!! I get so many compliments on how white my teeth are. I used Crest 3D white prior to using the Colgate Optic White and I was very disappointed- Crest 3D white did not make my teeth any whiter after using it for several weeks. Colgate Optic White contains hydrogen peroxide and I noticed whiter teeth within a few days!! I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a good whitening toothpaste at an affordable price.

Popular Other Products