Colgate Optic White

Colgate Optic White

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

THIS IS IN THE RED TUBE! A lot of people mistake the Crest 3D for it (which is in a blue/white tube).

It is really hard for me to justify paying extra for a toothpaste. But then again, I have had professional whitening done in the past along with splurging on $$$ toothpaste from Sephora. I just wish this did something for my enamel the way Sensodyne does. In fact, the whitening active ingredient in this (Crest Optic White) can make teeth more sensitive. But it gets the job done. My teeth are very white.

The biggest pro about this toothpaste is it leaves my mouth feeling SUPER clean. I have not found a stronger mint flavor out there. Sometimes it makes my eyes water but it's totally worth it for the fresh feeling I go to bed/wake up with.

I have tried the Crest 3D (blue/white tube) and honestly the Optic White outperforms it in my opinion. 3D did not make my teeth feel as clean.

I am trying to incorporate Sensodyne into my routine so I *might* switch to that long term but it's not nearly as refreshing. Maybe I will use the Crest Optic White and just follow with the Sensodyne mouthwash version.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Used this for 3 days straight & my teeth became so sensitive that my head was literally pounding & eating became a problem for me. I immediately knew this was the culprit because I had just ran out of this other Colgate one that I had previously been using with no ill side affects other than VERY MILD tooth soreness. I have now switched to the Jason Healthy Mouth Toothpaste in the Tea Tree Oil & Cinnamon flavor which is Flouride & SLS free. Some say flouride is essential to gum & teeth health but every time I have used one with flouride my mouth gets so sensitive! Jason is definitely my go-to for toothpaste now. I've never cared for the "natural" side of flouride free toothpaste but it seems to be the only kind that is without the ingredient I seem to be sensitive too.

To Read all 71 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/12/2016 8:04:00 AM

I'm pretty lucky my teeth aren't all that stained. When I first bought this I brushed twice a day and really scrubbed for a good few minutes each time. I noticed some teeth whitening. I didn't notice much whitening on my husbands teeth, but he was only brushing mornings. When the appeal of new toothpaste wore off and I went back to brushing mornings only, my teeth no longer whitened and went back to their regular off white/ slightly stained shade.

Anyway-- over time this has given me tooth sensitivity which I have never had before. It's one tooth in particular so I now have to make a dentist appt to find out why, but in the meantime- I know it's directly related to the toothpaste bc when I switch out and use ANY other toothpaste there isn't sensitivity at all. My poor husband does struggle with on/off sensitivity and csnt use this toothpaste at all-- he gave up entirely at least a month ago. I got these on sale so I have 2 more tubes to get through-- ugh.

I won't repurchase.

Well I have got old teeth so I do not expect miracles, but it takes stains off and after using it I at least think I can face the world without thinking should I smile. It is strong and if you have sensitive gums or anything like that it may not be for you. I noticed how strong it was at first than I got used to it. My teeth do look whiter and better for using it, but it has to be twice daily and also I put it on dry at first and than use water. It works better for me that way. Your mouth feels like it has had a good cleansing work out as well.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. Good flavor, my teeth always look and feel super clean and I think it has done an absolutely bang up job whitening my smile. As an on again off again smoker (yeah- dude I *know*) I like a toothpaste that will knock off the dumb stains I dumbly put on them. This really does the job. I follow up with the optic white mouthwash- which in all fairness does taste really hydrogen peroxide-y but over all this us system I will definitely keep using.

on 8/27/2015 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Colgate Optic White really works!! I get so many compliments on how white my teeth are. I used Crest 3D white prior to using the Colgate Optic White and I was very disappointed- Crest 3D white did not make my teeth any whiter after using it for several weeks. Colgate Optic White contains hydrogen peroxide and I noticed whiter teeth within a few days!! I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a good whitening toothpaste at an affordable price.

on 8/17/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this toothpaste for about a year consistently. My teeth have been whiter than ever since using this. A few times a week, I also sprinkle some baking soda over this paste on my brush to get an even whiter smile. I like that this is white and not blue or green. The taste is okay, too. I will continue to purchase this toothpaste.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I believe that this toothpaste is a better product the the crest one. My teeth look whiter in 2 days at the most. it is long lasting, and tastes good. Love it, it it the only toothpaste i use.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Colgate total is my favorite toothpaste.
It keeps my teeth clean and it does a good job keeping stains at bay.
I tried this hoping to see some more whitening but sadly I did not notice any.
The flavor can be a bit harsh. My daughter says it burns her mouth and refuses to use it.
It did clean my teeth well and leaves them shiny and my breath fresh.
Overall it was just ok and a basic toothpaste to me.
I will stick to total.

on 7/15/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love whitening toothpastes but they didn't do much for me. The taste and feel of this toothpaste is ok, I didn't have a problem with foaming like some others. But I've been using it for a few weeks, with long brushings, and I have not noticed any whitening. I actually think Crest 3D white works a lot better than this toothpaste. I've noticed some very minor sensitivity and my tongue does burn a little by the end of my 3 minute brushing, but nothing major.

I'm not going to repurchase though, because this is really abrasive which can actually wear away enamel and make your teeth yellow! I might use it once a week or something as a "clarifying" toothpaste to scrub away any stains before they build up, but I don't think this is good as an everyday toothpaste.

Popular Other Products