MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Pro Longwear ConcealerMAC concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/10/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Olive NC20ish with sensitive and redness prone dry skin. The Pro Longwear Concealer was purchased on a whim when I was looking for something tenacious to cover redness on my nose. I have a few broken capillaries in this area from a severe sunburn when I was a teenager. They are right where my sunglasses sit and my usual beloved creamy concealers wear away almost instantly in Australia's high humidity and heat.

This is the most long wearing concealer I've ever used - I am still testing application methods and setting powders - however I find by applying with a damp beauty blender and not using any setting powder, it will wear for 10+ hours on my nose and the occasional blemish. While I did buy it specifically for facial redness, I've tested it under my eyes as well but find it much too dry for the undereye area - even when layered over a rich eye cream. The matte finish and very thin light texture of this almost waterproof product leaves a tight unpleasantly dry sensation when used near my eyes.

NC20 is a decent match to my skin even though it doesn't have olive undertones, the yellow counters facial redness and blends quite seamlessly. I feel like those with well moisturized skin will enjoy this product, it seems like it could highlight dehydration. It hasn't caused me any irritation or breakouts. I have the same complaints as other reviewers regarding the terrible pump packaging - it dispenses way too much product. Otherwise this is quite economical because it's very pigmented and you don't need much each use. I'm enjoying it for its tenacity and blendability and would probably repurchase.

on 1/31/2017 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL!
best concealer out there, i stopped buying anything else! for the price its reasonable because i use nc30 everyday to highlight my under eye area (my skin colour is nc40/45). it just makes me glow! i love the thick consistency, so you dont need much. It is better than the Nars creamy concealer in my opinion, as i reach for this everyday. with a damp beauty blender this looks so good! my favourite product from mac - will be repurchasing forever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just pump this out very carefully & plug the hole w my finger. This concealer is bomb! And I'm a concealer junkie I have evthing from la girl, city colors & elf to Chanel/NARS, have an entire baggie full! This is my fave along w NARS/Chanel but this edged out studio fix concealer for me becoz that's more of a tacky textured glue paste & PLW is more a silky fluid. I have 3 main fdtn's in rotation (MAC PLW; MAC full coverage; & EL DW) & a few concealers on rotation (MAC PLW; BH Cosmetics, NARS RCC, MAC StudioFix, City Colors, benefit boiiing, Chanel & bare minerals), I wish I could afford to use this as a fdtn! It's that good!! I am not made of money lol. This bottle has lasted me 1 year & barely made a dent. I got NC20 which is just perf since im NC20 in fdtn (2W1 Dawn EL DW; L'Oréal 101 fdtn/W123 concealer; City colors Light fdtn/Nude concealer) I love this concealer but the glass bottle I'm afraid imma shatter it. This is my HG concealer I will rebuy when I run out!! Please by then hope to gawd they change the pckging. I can't say enuff how this hi-lites, conceals & perfects any blight on my face. #winning

This concealer formula is super high coverage and amazing. Two small complaints:
1. It creases on me but all concealers seem to so I'm not sure I can blame it.
2. The bottle dispenses waaaay too much product with each pump. I have to do awkward half pumps to get the desired amount and even then I often have too much.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This concealer itself is decent, I don't find it overly drying for my under eye. Gave me medium coverage (definitely not full coverage). But I do think that I was matched with the wrong shade and it has a very yellow undertone, making my under eye area slightly more yellow than I would like. And yes, the pump sucks, every time a huge amount of product would come out and I would end up wasting half of that pump. I got this when there was a 25% off at Mac, so the price is not that bad. But still they need a better pump design because I am wasting a lot of product each time considering this is not cheap.

on 1/19/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wish I could give this a 4.5, but I rounded up because I really do like it more than most other concealers that I've tried. It's not perfect, but it's really, really good.

My skin: fair, neutral, leans dry/dehydrated. Need concealer primarily for covering undereye darkness and redness and broken capillaries around my nose, and of course the occasional zit. I take NW 15 or 20 depending on the product, and purchased NW20 in this. It looks darker in the bottle than it actually is - so be sure to swatch before you buy.

The texture is really nice, pigmented with lots of slip - not thick at all (which is a huge pro to me). I dab it in desired areas with my finger and use a Beauty Blender to blend. I find that it wears really, really well - even for my stubborn nose which seems to eat concealer throughout the day, even with setting powder, which I don't find that I need with this product. This lasts the best of any I have tried, even longwearing ones. It *does* get a touch oily mid-way through the day, but I just give it blot with a tissue and and all is well. I've had no issues with this bothering my skin or clogging my pores, though I am extra careful to make sure it's totally removed from my nose area (where I am more prone to clogged pores).

The biggest con, which many have mentioned, is the pump bottle. It's pretty, sure, but impractical. You can't control the amount that comes out and I never need that much, so I end up wasting it. I think it would work better in a squeeze bottle.

on 1/12/2017 4:40:00 PM

Really good coverage little bit heavy and hard to take off but overall it's good

on 1/10/2017 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I don't know why but this concealer makes me look 10 years older. It sets into fine lines around my eyes. If I try to put only a minimum product its really hard to blend it with a beauty blender.
Good thing is full coverage. Best coverage ever. But not worth it. Pricey!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're someone with a lot to cover then this product will definitely work for you. It's a very heavy duty concealer with a opaque matte finish. Perfect for acne and pigmentation coverage as it won't catch the light and highlight imperfections. This is quite a thick liquid concealer with excellent pigmentation and a really smooth texture. The smell isn't the best but it's not offensive. I believe this product is fragrance free.

As well as a spot concealer, I have also tried this as an under eye concealer as I've seen a lot of people doing it. I highly recommend you steer clear of your under eyes with this product. It felt very heavy, looked far too cakey, and because of the matte finish, it creased and looked really dry under my eyes, even after setting with a powder. It also made my eyes feel really tired and heavy which was incredibly unpleasant.

I've only gone through one bottle of this concealer and I will not be repurchasing, not because it's a bad product, it definitely covered my acne and scars well, but because I have incredibly dry skin I found this very difficult to blend and I did find it very drying on my skin. You don't have much play time with this product unfortunately as it sets very fast. It did wear very well but by the end of the night it had started to separate making my skin look dryer.

Pros - excellent coverage, long wearing, good colour range
Cons - very drying, too heavy for the under eyes

Overall I would recommend this product to someone with an oily to normal skin type. If I myself had oily skin this would be a winner. This is not a bad product at all, it just wasn't right for my dry skin. However, oily or not, I still wouldn't recommend this as an under eye concealer!

on 1/3/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Before I start, I have oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin and I live in a humid tropical country.

I have a lot of friends (some are professional MUAs) who rave about this product for months on end, so I got intrigued and bought one for myself. I got the NC20, which is perfect, albeit slightly lighter than usual, for my under eye. It is quite tricky to apply since it dries fast, so best to use a damp Beautyblender and best to blend quickly and set with powder right away (unless you have dry skin).

I like it and it really covers well, as long as you choose the right shade and blend properly. Although, I find that the MAC pot concealer and the liquid version works better for me. It does tend to cake, still, at the end of the day.

But still a very good concealer.