MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Pro Longwear ConcealerMAC concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 12/2/2016 3:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My go to concealer for the past 4 years, actually my first concealer. I have tried others, high end and drug store bit nothing compares. Only one comes close, estee lauder dw concealer in a tube. I use this every single time i wear makeup. I dont have severe under eye bags but it brightens my under eye, and areas i highlight. It doesn't cake up, stays put, doesn't sperate and seems to give me some sort of oil control where i apply it. I blend it in with a bb and set it with rimmel stay matte translucent powder. Love love love. For reference im NC20 mac foundation and use NW 15 for cocealer, my skin is combo normal to oily.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this! I ALWAYS go back to using it! It covers perfectly and stays on so long. I wonder what their secret is? Nonetheless my all time favorite. It never creases on me either.

To Read all 1317 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/25/2016 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I bought this hoping it would be holy grail status but it was a flop. I have dry skin, and I follow a lot of kathleenlights' recommendations for makeup and skincare and she's never mentioned this concealer so i was a bit wary. I wandered into a mac store and the sales lady sold me on this even though I was more interested in MAC's select coverup concealer. It does not like my face powders, it doesn't blend well, and the one time I got it to blend, it had balled up and became chunky within hours. I wanted to love it but I can't.

on 11/18/2016 2:10:00 PM

The MAC pro longwear concealer is decent. I've only used this to cover up redness and blemishes, I don't use it under my eyes. Like all MAC products, their shade selection is excellent. I have the same complaint as other users about the packaging. I've figured out how to dispense the right amount of product I want, but there's nothing you can do to reach the product at the bottom of the bottle. It's cheaper than NARS or UD and you get more product, however, it's not as creamy or as full coverage as other concealers. It's a thin formula that melts in the skin, I just personally prefer more coverage from my concealer. I'm a fan of doefoot applicators because with this one you need an extra brush on hand. I also wouldn't consider this travel friendly because of the glass packaging.

on 11/17/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG concealer! I purchased this concealer in shade NC20 with the intention of using it under my eyes. I am NC20 in MAC Foundation and Alaska/Deauville in NARS for reference. This concealer is the perfect shade for my skintone and is a beautiful consistency. I originally purchased Urban Decay Naked Concealer in Light-Warm and although the shade is right I don't like the texture. One similarity between the two concealers is the smell they both have. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer is quite thin in texture in my opinion but extremely buildable which is my preference. I have not needed to set this concealer at all and there is zero creasing or caking. The only downside which is notorious with this concealer is the pump dispensing too much product. However as I had researched it, I was fully prepared for that and have actually managed to control it by only applying a little bit of pressure when pushing down. My favourite way to apply this is with a beauty blender which allows me to build the coverage up beautifully. I would describe the finish as satin and gel-like. The Urban Decay Naked Concealer I found to be extremely matte and quite powdery in texture but MAC Pro Longwear is the complete opposite. And last but not least I would describe the coverage as medium. I personally don't find it to be full but that is what I wanted. I have dark circles but find completely full coverage concealer to look unnatural on me. Overall I highly highly recommend this concealer as it is brilliant and deserving of the popularity.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'll preface this review by stating that I use this concealer to cover up red marks and scarring from my rosacea break outs on my left cheek. I don't use it under my eyes so I can't comment on the coverage in that area.

I tried MAC's Studio fix concealer in the pot and I didn't care for the texture and it ended looking cakey and I didn't want to spend big dollars trying out various products.
A MAC SA suggested this concealer as it has a liquid consistency and it's easier to build layers for coverage without looking cakey.

The SA also suggested using their Prep + Prime in Peach Lustre underneath my foundation to counteract the purple marks and then applying the Pro Longwear concealer on top. The colour I got was NW20 which is very different from my standard NC30 but the SA said this shade will further help conceal the blemish scars.

I bought both products and while they don't give 100% full coverage, it's reasonable enough. I don't think anything will unless it's heavily applied pancake makeup and that's not my kind of look.
This concealer doesn't fade after a long day and that's always a bonus.

My biggest gripe is the pump packaging. I end up pumping out more product that I need which is a waste. At least the container is part of the Back 2 MAC recycling program.

A re-purchase for the time being.

on 11/9/2016 9:29:00 PM

Best concealer I've ever used, I love it but the only problem is the packaging. You're left with a quarter of the bottle at the bottom that the pump won't pick up. And if you're a regular mac user, you'll know that you can return undamaged empty packages. But to get the rest of the product it is hard not to break it.

on 11/5/2016 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Not the fullest of full coverage but definitely buildable! I don't find it to look heavy/cakey. It doesn't transfer or fade away during the day. It holds up against my oily skin and hot weather. What stops me from using it is the pump! You don't have control over how much product comes out and end up wasting some.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this concealer. I feel like I've underrated it so much and kind of taken it for granted - probably because I'm new to the makeup scene, and I recently bought the NYX HD Photogenic Concealer online, and applied it to the left side of my face, and I applied the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer to the right side of my face.
And, oh God. The MAC Pro Longwear Concealer MELTS into my skin, it makes it look like my skin but better and it doesn't settle into my fine lines! It's like magic.
The NYX HD looks like it's kind of just sitting there and the coverage isn't even nearly as high as the MAC one AND it also creases, which the Pro Longwear doesn't.
I love the Pro Longwear and I'll definitely keep using it.
You get what you pay for, I guess.

So I'm on my 5th bottle of this, I find myself repurchasing this way before I've even ran out!!

I have tried so many different concealers, I have dark under eye circles and I seriously had tried everything out there, some would crease, some would be too thick, some wouldn't have enough coverage, and then there was this little miracle!!!

I apply this with my concealer brush, I dab it on all over my under eye area and down the side of my nose and then blend it out with my Elf little stipple brush, I then set it with either my Laura mercier powder or atelier neutral powder. ( I spray my fix plus onto a small sponge and dip it into the powder and I bake)

This gives me the best results, I gave it 4 stars ONLY because of the packaging, I wish it wouldn't dispense so much product!! Regardless, this will not make me stop buying it, i love love love it!!!!!!!!