MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Concealer
Pro Longwear ConcealerMAC concealerPro Longwear ConcealerPro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 9/20/2018 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Flawless finish..stays on for along time. Theres no better foundation than this for coverage and also get the natural look. A++

on 9/8/2018 11:01:00 AM

Overall it's a medium to full coverage concealer, it sets beautifully on the skin and does not crease. I've repurchased it around 2 times and I was happy with its performance and the amount of product. My biggest pet peeve with this one is the pump..it spurts out so much product and you don't need that much since a little goes a long way, and you are wasting product this way.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Dark circles are not a huge concern for me on most days, but every now and again when I've not slept enough they can be quite prominent. And when that happens, 1 drop of Mac's Pro Longwear Concealer is literally all it takes to provide coverage. A friend with a dry skin type tried this and said it wasn't for her as the formulation is quite dry and creased/accentuated her fine lines. However for me with oilier skin it glided on fine and didn't look cakey in any way. Also a bonus for me is that Mac is one of the few brands to do foundations/concealers that are a 100% complete match with my skin tone. If you have combination to oily skin I would suggest to give this a try. Very good coverage, just be careful with the pump, it can and will dispense more than you need!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

AMAZING for dark circles. <3 It's not the cheapest concealer ever but it is worth it. It stays on and doesn't oxidize.

on 9/2/2018 1:34:00 AM

I recently purchased my 3rd bottle of this, it's reliable, has great coverage, and isn't cakey on my combo mature under eyes. The main reason I can't give it an overall 5 lippies is because it dispenses way too much product, and when you are getting low on product it's impossible to get to it...I wish they would revamp the packaging. The product itself is fantastic, and I definitely recommend.

on 8/23/2018 8:03:00 AM

Best concealer I’ve ever used. Never going back! As someone who suffers with sunken, dark eye bags I struggle to conceal them and it drives me nuts. I’ve been using colour correctors, light reflecting makeup, filling primers, blah blah the list goes on. Well not anymore! Just a pump of this layered is perfect, it’s yaken ten years off of me! Mac please keep this product forever!!!

on 8/22/2018 10:37:00 PM

I use this and really enjoy it. I had issues with the concealer looking blotchy when applied under my eyes but spoke to the lady at the MAC counter and now use the MAC eye cream under it and it goes on so smooth. I find it hard to not get too much product out with the pump. I don’t use heaps of concealer on my face so I have to push it really carefully so that I don’t waste product. I also smashed a bottle that was over half full when I knocked it off the vanity so be careful cause the glass is pretty thin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have really bad dark corcles and in the past have found it really difficult to find a concealer that covers everything and lasts all day without creasing. I used to use the Revlon colorstay (the only drugstore one I could find in my shade) but it would crease after like 15 minutes despite baking it. I decided to switch to something a little more high end, and I came across this. This concealer has great coverage and does last pretty much all day whilst I'm at school, even though I play a lot of sports. Sometimes if I want a more natural look I'll mix it with a little moisturizer and use that instead, it has less coverage but the wear time is the sane and it makes it look like you aren't wearing any makeup.

If I could change one thing about the product I would probably change the packaging, as I have a few issues with it. Firstly, the fact that it comes in a glass bottle worries me as I am generally an extremely clumsy person. I travelled with it recently and carried it in the box it came in to avoid it cracking. Second, the pump. A lot of people have been saying that it dispenses too much product, but in my experience if I press lightly and only take out a 'half pump' that works perfectly. The issue I have is that it means I have to get it on the back of my hand and use my fingers to apply it which means more cleanup time after, this is not ideal because I'm generally doing my makeup in a rush in the morning before school. The Revlon concealer I was using before was bad product-wise, but I preferred it's doe foot applicator because it made the process a lot faster and less messy.

Overall, once I finish this bottle I probably will be repurchasing it despite the price tag. It does what it claims and the bottle lasts a really long time, as you only need like a drip each day. I know it works for me, plus Mac has a huge shade range which makes it a lot easier for me. With my sounds tone, it can be difficult to find matching face products but Mac does a great job accommodating everyone which is lovely.

on 8/11/2018 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This used to be my favourite concealer (until tarte shape tape beat it). I still love it, i use it quite often still on days when I just don't feel like wearing the heaviness of the tarte concealer. You get a lot of product for the price, and a little bit goes a super long way. Just wish the pump didnt squirt out so much product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like this concealer for covering blemishes but not my under eye area or any larger expanse of areas on my face.

It dries quickly and sets very well, especially with a dusting of setting powder once it has dried. It can be layered as long as each layer dries before you apply the next.

The reason I don’t like it for larger areas, such as my nose or chin which often are very red, is that it looks very flat and chalky to me. Also, because of the fuller coverage and quick drying time, I find it hard to blend it away into my skin. Perhaps I could get away with it if I wore heavier foundation but I like very light coverage and to have the option to go bare faced with only concealer. So unless you wear it with fuller coverage foundation, you may have similar issues to mine.

To its credit, it doesn’t budge during application of a liquid or powder foundation over it; you can go at it with a brush and it stays put- ideal for people who prefer to apply their concealer before their foundation.

The reason I don’t like it for under eye area is that on me at least, it dries to that flat, chalky finish mentioned above. While it covers my circles very well, it also makes me look tired and lifeless. As if that weren’t enough, after a couple of hours or less, it begins to settle in lines I didn’t even know I had and begins to separate, looking like I have dry skin under my eyes.

The packaging is very nice looking but I agree that the pump dispensing too much is a pain. I don’t even care about the amount of $ wasted as much as this annoying blob of extra product I have to wash or wipe off my hands every time I do my makeup. It really bugs me every morning because it is an extra trip to the sink, or an extra step of wiping with micellar water when I am already late!

Someone below suggested pressing the pump repeatedly but very very lightly. I tried that and it sometimes works, so thanks!

To sum up, I will repurchase this just to cover spots and pimples- it is perfect for that. But I will continue to use a separate concealer for redness/larger problem areas and under eyes.