MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Pro Longwear ConcealerMAC concealerPro Longwear ConcealerPro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

This is without doubt my favourite concealer. We've been together for 6 long years, and I'm on my 4th bottle. It's not that I do not have affairs with over concealers, I do, but this one makes me come back to it every time. I use it sparingly (tiny dash here and there), and always use moisturiser before applying it under my eyes, because it is a dry formula.
My major discomfort comes from the packaging, which I hate. It just delivers too much product in one pump. Such a waste! What I do, is keep the bottle upside down so when I make a pump it's a really small squirt.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I went to get a sample of this after reading the reviews. I was very disappointed with the result.

As far as actually "concealing" anything, under eye darkness it does not conceal at all. So if you have dark undereyes like I do, good luck.

I also noticed that it wasn't brightening unlike concealers such as Tarte's Maracuja Creasless concealer (sadly that concealer caused me to have small red bumps under my eyes, so it's a no-go).

Lastly, it is extremely DRYING: I looked 10 years older after leaving it to set.

I am NC20-NC25 with strong yellow undertones. I bought the NC25 which is slightly orangey on me but nothing that can't be fixed. It's similar to the Maybelline Eraser concealer in shade Light, light in texture, offers medium coverage, not moisturising. I like to use this on my face to spot conceal because it looks very natural. I also like to use one pump of this to darken my foundations especially the more dewy ones, because this concealer has a satin matte finish. By the way, the Physician's Formula - Insta Ready concealer is very dewy and creamy, creases way more and it's not a dupe.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This concealer gives the best coverage. Covers dark undereye circles and doesn't crease. Holy grail!!

Under rated compared to all the hype other concealers get. I tried so many concealers and I always come back to this one. IF you have dark circles then this is the one for you. Super coverage and hides anything.

on 3/30/2018 11:31:00 AM

I use this on my under eye area. This is the best concealer I have ever tried and I will most likely keep repurchasing. The simple reason for that is that it lives to its claims - it stays on all day! It also has a great shade range that I believe will suit most people. And that bottle is going to last forever as a little goes a looong way, which is good considering the pricetag.
This does however have a few features that I find quite annoying. The texture is thick and DRY which makes application a little hard. I start by applying it with a concealer brush and then blend it in using my fingertips, which works. But the application is just not enjoyable. I would prefer a slightly more liquid texture. Also, I find that this sometimes settles into fine lines. Proper moisturizing before application is simply a must!
Another nuisance is the packaging. Yes it looks sleek but it is made of glass (why Mac?). I broke mine after two/three weeks as I dropped it on the floor and no product could be salvaged... Very annoying. Also, the pump dispenses waaay too much product so a lot is wasted. The sales assistant gave me a small empty tub where I can dispense the product directly to, and take it from there. Really smart as it eliminates waste and saves money, so I recommend this to everyone!
Still a great concealer though. 4,5 lippies. I knocked off half a lippie due to the packaging and most importantly the texture. I will repurchase.

covers whatever you need to cover, and doesnt budge. sweatproof, full coverage, stays put concealer. worth the price. only thing im concerned with is getting to the bottom of the bottle, will there be product i cant extract, its a pump bottle, glass, with a non removeable pump. for what i paid- id like to be able to use it all, please and thank you ! but for sure, of your needing a one coat, full coverage concealer, this is it. its legit.

on 3/25/2018 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG concealer. I have tried countless mid to high end concealers and could not find anything that did not make my under eye area dry and crepey, until I found this concealer. I have an extremely dry under eye area and this sits beautifully on my skin. I would describe the finish as satin, coverage is medium to full and it lasts incredibly well without looking ever looking cakey. I always use a beauty blender to apply this and it gives it a very flawless finish. M.A.C is one of the few brands that provide a fantastic colour range. I am very pale and am able to find the perfect shade (NW15). I believe the only downside to this product is the packaging. I would prefer it wasn’t glass so it’s not easily breakable and also the pump dispenses too much product. However, these are very minor downsides to me and I will continue to repurchase this forever!

on 3/22/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This concealer is odd. It’s super like SUPER hard to blend. And when you do, it looks pretty natural. Honestly, ya girl almost broke her fingers tryna blend it out. All in all, I didn’t like it 🤷🏽‍♀️

on 3/6/2018 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love this concealer. What I really love about this concealer is that it dries in place and does not move.