MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Pro Longwear ConcealerMAC concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 1/12/2017 4:40:00 PM

Really good coverage little bit heavy and hard to take off but overall it's good

on 1/10/2017 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I don't know why but this concealer makes me look 10 years older. It sets into fine lines around my eyes. If I try to put only a minimum product its really hard to blend it with a beauty blender.
Good thing is full coverage. Best coverage ever. But not worth it. Pricey!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're someone with a lot to cover then this product will definitely work for you. It's a very heavy duty concealer with a opaque matte finish. Perfect for acne and pigmentation coverage as it won't catch the light and highlight imperfections. This is quite a thick liquid concealer with excellent pigmentation and a really smooth texture. The smell isn't the best but it's not offensive. I believe this product is fragrance free.

As well as a spot concealer, I have also tried this as an under eye concealer as I've seen a lot of people doing it. I highly recommend you steer clear of your under eyes with this product. It felt very heavy, looked far too cakey, and because of the matte finish, it creased and looked really dry under my eyes, even after setting with a powder. It also made my eyes feel really tired and heavy which was incredibly unpleasant.

I've only gone through one bottle of this concealer and I will not be repurchasing, not because it's a bad product, it definitely covered my acne and scars well, but because I have incredibly dry skin I found this very difficult to blend and I did find it very drying on my skin. You don't have much play time with this product unfortunately as it sets very fast. It did wear very well but by the end of the night it had started to separate making my skin look dryer.

Pros - excellent coverage, long wearing, good colour range
Cons - very drying, too heavy for the under eyes

Overall I would recommend this product to someone with an oily to normal skin type. If I myself had oily skin this would be a winner. This is not a bad product at all, it just wasn't right for my dry skin. However, oily or not, I still wouldn't recommend this as an under eye concealer!

on 1/3/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Before I start, I have oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin and I live in a humid tropical country.

I have a lot of friends (some are professional MUAs) who rave about this product for months on end, so I got intrigued and bought one for myself. I got the NC20, which is perfect, albeit slightly lighter than usual, for my under eye. It is quite tricky to apply since it dries fast, so best to use a damp Beautyblender and best to blend quickly and set with powder right away (unless you have dry skin).

I like it and it really covers well, as long as you choose the right shade and blend properly. Although, I find that the MAC pot concealer and the liquid version works better for me. It does tend to cake, still, at the end of the day.

But still a very good concealer.

on 1/1/2017 10:21:00 PM

I have massive black-death under-eye circles. I've tried many concealers. This is one of the few that covers them. It's also great because it stays on really well. The package looks small, but you only need a little, so it lasts a long time. I've had mine for over a year and still going.

But cos I'm picky, I'll say the packaging has always bothered me. It's convenient, because it's small, and it's a pump, can easily be carried in your bag, very hygienic, but always too much comes out when I pump it, even though I try to press so lightly. Even a half-pump is too much.

But is that a bad thing? It's bad because more comes out than you want or need but its GOOD because it's still only a tiny amount coming out, and you ONLY NEED THE TINIEST AMOUNT. So it's economical, even if too much comes out in the pump-out.

So I guess I'm really annoyed because the product is SO GOOD that I don't need that much of it and want to preserve as much of this awesome product as possible.

I have found myself turning to my Maybelline FITME concealer, which is awesome, gives ALMOST (not quite) as good coverage and I admit, does not have the staying power. But I like the old-fashioned concealer in a tube with a tip applicator that I can dab on the areas I like, lightly, without any wastage. I can also get into the corners with the little applicator on the FITME. There is no brush or dab-on applicator with the MAC bottle.

It's petty of me. Awesome product in the MAC. Just wish it had the Maybelline applicator system. Even if it's "less hygienic". Seriously, how many eyeballs have fallen out before your concealer runs out anyway?

Even though the Maybelline FITME tube is bigger, due to the performance of the MAC concealer, it seems to last way longer. I mean, a year already and still half the product left - come on ... I reckon my FITME will be empty at the 3-4 month mark. Love both though. One for convenience, the other for ultimate performance. Maybe when the FITME runs out, I should pump the MAC product into it's container.

on 12/30/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best concealers I've tried. Great for coverage without looking flaky or orange and lasts all day. However, you don't have much control over the pump so it can lead to wastage

on 12/30/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My holy grail concealer for both highlighting and blemish cover ups. My qualms with this foundation are solely about the packaging. The packaging is very delicate. I've dropped it before lightly and its broken/shattered into such small pieces because its made of glass. The pump is also annoying because you don't have control over how much product you want to dispense. You may dispense too much product (since a little goes a long way) and as a result may waste product that you want in the bottle. Also it is hard to open the pump to get the last bits of concealer in the bottle.

However, I still will continue to purchase this product because the concealer itself works for me. It covers my under eye circles very well seeing as I suffer from sever hyperpigmentation under my eyes,

on 12/29/2016 3:21:00 AM

MAC's pro longwear concealer has worked better for me than any other high-coverage concealer I have tried. I find my undereyes are extremely hard to completely coverup as I do not just have just dark shadows, but I have (genetically) quite baggy undereyes. (they're Gucci, by the way ;) This concealer offers high-coverage and really makes your complexion appear flawless. I would recommend to anyone searching for a concealer that will help to hide large bags and create a more even finish on the face. Overall, I will most likely buy this product again. The bottle lasts quite a long time for the price. Very happy with this concealer!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this in place of a foundation. It has great coverage (allows me to cover red spots and under my eyes) without being cakey or heavy. It's super blendable and the NW20 matches my skin perfectly. It has a bit of a smell to it, but it's not unpleasant. A small pump will cover my entire face, so I think it'll last a long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I´m extremly surprised by this concealer.

I had never bought anything from MAC I´ve heard horror stories about their employees and customer service, but I really wanted a concealer from MAC.

I did my proper research, and when I asked to be matched it was really accurate. (I didn´t know how much help it provides to have a reference of your shade using MAC shades categorization)

I really like the consistency, it´s runny but really blendable, it is actually "Long wear" it survives everyting and has really good coverage, I have dry skin but I haven´t noticed that it clings to any dry patches on my skin, it´s like it glides them over.

The only thing I have a dillemma with is the packaging, The pump helps, but it really easy for the bottle to get messy and dirty which is kinda annoying, the size is really good for traveling and to just throw it your makeup bag, but it depresses me when I see the amount of product for the money I´m spending.

But when I see it´s flawless, well, everything, and I´m ready for another trip to the MAC store