MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Concealer
Pro Longwear ConcealerMAC concealerPro Longwear ConcealerPro Longwear ConcealerPro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 1/16/2019 5:31:00 AM

When I first tried this I thought I had found my holy grail concealer. I used it on my face to cover small pimples and redness and it has great coverage, lasts through the day and doesn't budge. Unfortunately it broke me out :( I was getting big, painful pimples which I haven't gotten in a while and I blamed so many other things before realising this is what might have been breaking me out. It has a very strong smell too, which might have had something to do with it. Once I discontinued its use, the pimples stopped coming back.

So overall, it's a very good concealer, unless it breaks you out!

on 12/3/2018 2:39:00 PM

Amazing concealer. One bottle lasted for a year and I have naturally dark under eye circles so I ve been using it daily. Great coverage, buildable. I can use only small amount for medium natural coverage for daylight. Really brighten my face.Also it can be built to full coverage and when its setted last whole day. Overall great payoff.

on 11/30/2018 1:18:00 PM

This dries very very fast, one of the fastest drying concealer ive tried so make sure to work one eye at a time. A little goes a really long way! Best way is to use fingers. The shade i use in mac concealer for undereye dark circles is always NW20. This one is really brightening. I am C1 in Mac Face and Body but i really dont like the yellow undereyes look because its too obvious im wearing concealer so thats why ive never bought an NC In concealers. I have some redness in my face but my body is yellow tone. I can use this concealer for spot conceal on days i cant do a full face and it works great, its not as pink as some of the other lines of Mac for NW (studio fix 24 hour-cant use this on the face so i end up buying 2 diff. Colors, why!), Mac mineralize concealer NW20 color is perfffffectttt for undereyes, so moisturizing but it creases. :( This on the other hand is a creaseless concealer but its too drying. this is longer lasting and works better for both undereyes and acne scars, i dont need to layer this. The pigment in this concealer is very high, again one tiny tiny pump is enough. The pump isnt the best for control of how much you get. I have to be very light handed when pressing. The glass bottle is a bit fragile too. Im always afraid to break it. I set this with tanslucent powder but i honestly dont need to since its very dry. Itll look way too dry. Its very natural matte finish but i wont repurchase. I am going back to the Chanel one.

Pros -
Long lasting
Lightweight
High pigment
Works on acne scars
No creasing

Cons-
Dries really fast
Can be drying if not properly primed or if undereyes are prone to dryness
Pump is good and bad at the same time

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Dark circles are not a huge concern for me on most days, but every now and again when I've not slept enough they can be quite prominent. And when that happens, 1 drop of Mac's Pro Longwear Concealer is literally all it takes to provide coverage and (temporarily) banish them. A friend with a dry skin type tried this and said it wasn't for her as the formulation is quite dry and creased/accentuated her fine lines. However for me with oilier skin it glided on fine and didn't look cakey in any way. Also a bonus for me is that Mac is one of the very few brands to do foundations/concealers that are a 100% complete match with my skin tone. If you have combination to oily skin I would suggest to give this a try. Very good coverage, just be careful with the pump, it can and will dispense a lot more than you need!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like that it is the only thing that does not crease on me . it blends very well. but not enough coverage for me.

on 10/29/2018 4:38:00 AM

This concealer has been absolutely hyped up and raved about for years. And in 2018 I finally got around to giving it a whirl. MAC Prolongwear Concealer is a great concealer, it has a nice consistency - not too thick or thin. I love that it comes in a pump container as it stays hygienic that way. I find that it applies best when blended in with my finger, something about the heat of my finger just creates a smooth and even coverage which blends nicely into my skin. I love using this concealer under my eyes, as it hides my dark circles entirely, but doesn't crease or look cakey. A little goes a long way with this product, which is great as it is quite pricey. I would happily repurchase and recommend this product.

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This concealer is my favorite from MAC. It does not move gives good coverage. I do not like the packaging and the shade selection should expand. I have to purchase 2 shades and that becomes expensive, however it does last a long time.

HG concealer! You only need a little amount of product, and it creases so little under my eyes (fine lines with dark circles) that I skip setting with powder and therefore avoid accentuating my fine lines. If setted with powder it literally stays very long and doesn't fade. And I don't need foundation when I only conceal the "imperfect" sections of my face so it's a win win. Only con is the packaging: glass (yep, once it fell down and broke into pieces) plus a pump which gives out too much product, even if you try pressing it down gently. For that, the price is a bit too much but I haven't found any dupe which is as good as Pro Longwear Concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Sadly, I can't wear this because even primed with a heavy moisturizer underneath this is just not dry skin friendly on me. That said, this is the best concealer I ever used. The tiniest amount covers the aging related hollows under my eyes like nothing I've ever tried. The only downside: the bottle does pump out way too much product. If MAC ever creates a light, concentrated concealer like this that's dry skin friendly, I'll be first in line to buy it.

on 9/29/2018 8:48:00 AM

Life changing concealer for me! Great coverage, once you set it with powder it looks flawless and doesn’t budge! I use it mainly for the under eyes area, can’t tell about the efficiency on spots. I don’t like the pump as it dispenses too much product, but the bottle is hygienic so I can get over the pump thing. Love it!