MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Pro Longwear ConcealerMAC concealerPro Longwear ConcealerPro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Dark circles are not a huge concern for me on most days, but every now and again when I've not slept enough they can be quite prominent. And when that happens, 1 drop of Mac's Pro Longwear Concealer is literally all it takes to provide coverage. A friend with a dry skin type tried this and said it wasn't for her as the formulation is quite dry. However for me with oilier skin it glided on fine and didn't look cakey in any way. Also a bonus that Mac is one of the few brands to do products that are a complete match with my skin tone. If you have combination to oily skin I would suggest to give this a try. Very good coverage, just be careful with the pump, it can and will dispense more than you need!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

0 stars on packaging. I wanted this to work but when I tried to find a shade to go with foundations nc15 was stark white and nc20 was a bit too dark and orange on me for under the eyes. This normally wouldn't be a huge issue because I buy both shades and mix but cant do that with this concealer because it would pump out waaaaaay too much product. They should change the packaging then maybe I would buy this again. Also makes my undereyes look a tiny bit dry. If there was a better shade for me then I'd buy it again. Nw20 is perfect in depth for me but too pink. They need like an nc18

on 6/24/2018 2:10:00 PM

I really like this; it is long lasting, and easy to apply and blend. It’s great for covering redness, blemishes, and darkness on the lids. I use it under my eyes as well, but then add a slightly lighter concealer on top for more coverage and a little brightness.

on 5/30/2018 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

NC42 MAC

Glass bottle with pump therefore hygienic. It covers and brightens my under eye area. Stays on more than 12 hours. Ive been using it for 2-3 years now - one bottle lasts me 6 months. You just need a tiny drop so a little goes a long way.
Do pull pump off to scoop out leftover towards the end - several youtube tutorials on how to do that.

on 5/27/2018 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great concsealer. To be honest so far the best I have tried. It is the only one that covers my dark undereye circles. Shop assistant have advised me to buy a complimentary highlighter with it. It was expensive but worth it. Highlighter helps highlight that dark under eye area and enhances the effect of concealer. If your under eye circles aren't too dark, concealer alone would do the job.

At first concealer felt dry on my skin, but day 3 my skin got sort of used to it and no discomfort at all. Only small min point it did crease a little on me around the under eye wrinkles. Concidering the great coverage, crease bothers me a little less.
Tip: Blend this concealer with the damp beauty blender

This is without doubt my favourite concealer. We've been together for 6 long years, and I'm on my 4th bottle. It's not that I do not have affairs with over concealers, I do, but this one makes me come back to it every time. I use it sparingly (tiny dash here and there), and always use moisturiser before applying it under my eyes, because it is a dry formula.
My major discomfort comes from the packaging, which I hate. It just delivers too much product in one pump. Such a waste! What I do, is keep the bottle upside down so when I make a pump it's a really small squirt.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I went to get a sample of this after reading the reviews. I was very disappointed with the result.

As far as actually "concealing" anything, under eye darkness it does not conceal at all. So if you have dark undereyes like I do, good luck.

I also noticed that it wasn't brightening unlike concealers such as Tarte's Maracuja Creasless concealer (sadly that concealer caused me to have small red bumps under my eyes, so it's a no-go).

Lastly, it is extremely DRYING: I looked 10 years older after leaving it to set.

I am NC20-NC25 with strong yellow undertones. I bought the NC25 which is slightly orangey on me but nothing that can't be fixed. It's similar to the Maybelline Eraser concealer in shade Light, light in texture, offers medium coverage, not moisturising. I like to use this on my face to spot conceal because it looks very natural. I also like to use one pump of this to darken my foundations especially the more dewy ones, because this concealer has a satin matte finish. By the way, the Physician's Formula - Insta Ready concealer is very dewy and creamy, creases way more and it's not a dupe.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This concealer gives the best coverage. Covers dark undereye circles and doesn't crease. Holy grail!!

Under rated compared to all the hype other concealers get. I tried so many concealers and I always come back to this one. IF you have dark circles then this is the one for you. Super coverage and hides anything.